Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, I know that she doesn't look even slightly like her movie appearance, I'm just guessing here. Who could that be tho?

If that‘s the final minifig, it would be something for the LEGO history books: the first time a kitbashed prelim minifig was significantly more accurate than the final version :laugh_hard:

Hopefully this halfway confirms Harry in his iconic red jumper! Love that the minifigures are still getting new designs. I am always excited for new torso prints. 

Forbidden Corridor Ron looks great. Hermione's torso is alright, maybe dark blue would've been better but I like the green too. But really wish she used a grey trolls skirt piece with white legs instead of just grey legs.

859aaa5ecc699210749a649f5af362a3.jpg

40 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

None of this matches her on-screen appearance though, neither the hair, the face, nor the clothes :shrug_oh_well: The outfit itself would be fitting for someone who works in a sweetshop during winter though... Just spitballing here, but maybe Dean was replaced by a Honeydukes employee, if the Flumes even have any :laugh:

Nope, it's just the Flumes. One of the comments on Instagram mentioned it might be an Asgardian from Marvel, but I don't know enough about Marvel to say if they're right. 

Just now, Seaber said:

Nope, it's just the Flumes. One of the comments on Instagram mentioned it might be an Asgardian from Marvel, but I don't know enough about Marvel to say if they're right. 

If it is it's a random Asgardian, which wouldn't make much sense to include in a set. 

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If it is it's a random Asgardian, which wouldn't make much sense to include in a set. 

Like I say, I really don't know much about Marvel. Another suggestion was it was a new Monica from Friends :laugh:

It's a nice looking torso print, whoever it's for. 

Its not the Flumes, like its not even close guys.... see how Flumes look. That minifigure is either not from HP or it is unknown character

rcJwsSM.jpgVuCljcQ.jpg

Edited by Textorix

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

Another suggestion was it was a new Monica from Friends :laugh:

That could be it *oh2* There have been rumours about another sets based on Friends, the previous Monica had Tina‘s face, and the character is known for wearing suspenders a lot :classic: It all adds up

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That could be it *oh2* There have been rumours about another sets based on Friends, the previous Monica had Tina‘s face, and the character is known for wearing suspenders a lot :classic: It all adds up

Well that's news to me, very interesting! I'm guessing it would be of their apartment, like the Big Bang Theory set, which would be a great opportunity to get some lovely purple bricks :) 

12 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Another suggestion was it was a new Monica from Friends :laugh:

The face is the same as the one used in the other set but the hair color doesn't match up and afaik this isn't an outfit she ever wore.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The face is the same as the one used in the other set but the hair color doesn't match up and afaik this isn't an outfit she ever wore.

It‘s hard to tell for sure whether the hair piece is black or dark brown, but it looks black to me, which would be consistent with the previous minifig :classic:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ladies and gentleman.... we got 'em. It was Monica after all. 

Well if this means the whispers of Monica's apartment are true that'll make up for HP's lacklustre August in my eyes

4 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Fair enough that's a great figure. Hair could be better but the rest is good. 

True, that hair is a choice. I'm swapping it out as Monica's apartment is a must get for me.

47 minutes ago, Len said:

Hermoine's torso looks very good. But why green? It must be red, no?

I thought the same, even Ron's could be dark red tbh.  But I think they're keeping them all different colours for a bit of variety (obviously Harry will be red).

Great detail though and think the three will look good together.

40 minutes ago, Len said:

Hermoine's torso looks very good. But why green? It must be red, no?

fnaaxzzztsy11.jpg

Technically it is green, as you can see top and bottom of it are indeed green making it its base color. What I don't understand is why haven't they given her a skirt (cloth or this short one from Trolls, both would be good) and white legs

7 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

What I don't understand is why haven't they given her a skirt (cloth or this short one from Trolls, both would be good) and white legs

I wish they’d use that piece more often :classic: After all, it’s neither colour-locked nor exclusive to the Trolls theme, as it recently got repurposed as a flower pot in the Ninjago City Gardens set :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wish they’d use that piece more often :classic: After all, it’s neither colour-locked nor exclusive to the Trolls theme, as it recently got repurposed as a flower pot in the Ninjago City Gardens set :shrug_oh_well:

Easy enough to customise though, no? 

7 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Easy enough to customise though, no? 

That piece only exists in three colours, none of which are all that useful in this context (yellow, dark turquoise, and medium blue). Or do you mean painting it or something? Heresy *oh2*