Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

McGonagall looks like Rita Skeeter tbh

Edited by Modal

The hair is a bit blonde-ish in my opinion but maybe just the lighting. It's a nice figure for sure overall.

Two figures leaked and both have leg printing (I'm referring to Tom Riddle and McGonagall, not new ones). :wub_drool: I agree that the colours look a bit odd but she is a lovely figure, and it's nice to get a more casual outfit. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

Oh yeah one of the great things about the Tom Riddle figure is that it means there’s hopefully some new face prints for existing characters: 

- Hopefully Nearly Headless Nick gets a petrified expression along with Colin Creevey and Justin Finch-Fletchley 

- It’d be cool if first year Harry and Ron get a new expression instead of happy/scared - they should have new two-sided heads with Crabbe and Goyle after all. 
- Also Harry could have a new battle-damaged/determined face that could fit with both the chess set and the chamber of secrets 

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Oh yeah one of the great things about the Tom Riddle figure is that it means there’s hopefully some new face prints for existing characters: 

- Hopefully Nearly Headless Nick gets a petrified expression along with Colin Creevey and Justin Finch-Fletchley 

- It’d be cool if first year Harry and Ron get a new expression instead of happy/scared - they should have new two-sided heads with Crabbe and Goyle after all. 
- Also Harry could have a new battle-damaged/determined face that could fit with both the chess set and the chamber of secrets 

Good ideas! But at the same time I don't want them to waste prints on Harry/Nick if that comes at the detriment of the new characters. :tongue:

I think the last set must be a wand, like build your own wand type like Go Brick Me BrickHeadz set :shrug_oh_well:

If the brick-built Remembrall rumors are true:

CloudyWeirdArabianoryx-small.gif

Joking aside, I remember 13 year old me LOVED the Remembrall LEGO piece...so I personally would love a brick-built one!

52 minutes ago, joeee said:

If the brick-built Remembrall rumors are true:

Joking aside, I remember 13 year old me LOVED the Remembrall LEGO piece...so I personally would love a brick-built one!

Well, there's the connection with Hooch - Flying Lesson. 

30 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think the last set must be a wand, like build your own wand type like Go Brick Me BrickHeadz set :shrug_oh_well:

There's no way. A brickbuilt wand would literally be a noodle of 20 2x2 round bricks with a little handle, they'd have trouble pushing that up to $10, much less $30 or $40.

4 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

There's no way. A brickbuilt wand would literally be a noodle of 20 2x2 round bricks with a little handle, they'd have trouble pushing that up to $10, much less $30 or $40.

Must have parts for all the different tree types and a lot of different handles, maybe it is a 3in1, build the trio's etc wands. Something wand related makes more sense to me than a remembrall, for that they could just use the Jurassic gyrosphere parts :tongue:

If the buildable Remembrall rumors are real, I imagine it will be like a snowglobe with a buildable Flying Lesson vignette in the middle.  That would actually be kind of cool, IMO, getting nostalgic adults to "remember" their experiences of the first movie.  Minifigures could (and should) include Hooch, Harry, Draco, and Neville.

Hogsmeade is by far my most wanted set of 2021...and so far the only HP offering that piques my interest.  I have VIP points standing by for a day-one purchase.

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

A wand by itself wouldn’t reach a $40 price point 

A wand and a feather? :tongue:
I love these cryptic hints.  Please keep it up! :sweet:

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

6 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

A wand and a feather? :tongue:
I love these cryptic hints.  Please keep it up! :sweet:

A wand, a feather and a plaque saying: 'It's LeviOsa, not LevioSA with a Hermione minifigure (and maybe Ron, but probably not because ... Well it's Ron 😋).

Edited by BacktoBricks

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

the wand by itself? maybe we could also get a build of a hand to hold it 

I hope the set with Hooch isn't the only one out of these four to include a minifig. Of course the potential for anything remotely interesting is almost non-existant, but still better than nothing :tongue:

The new McGonagall figure is gorgeous.  The new Tom Riddle...well, let's just say I'm glad I have the book version.

Finally, the big question: Are any of these sets actually coming out in June?  I would bet that we in the United States won't get anything except the minifigure pack until August, but I'd love to be wrong.  There was so much angst last year when we had to wait until September...due to how badly our country handled the pandemic, but that's another matter.  

3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Are any of these sets actually coming out in June? 

Well, I'm not sure about USA, but 4 sets (bathroom, fluffy set, Hogsmeade and Chamber) are definitely coming in June.

5 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

The new McGonagall figure is gorgeous.  The new Tom Riddle...well, let's just say I'm glad I have the book version.

Finally, the big question: Are any of these sets actually coming out in June?  I would bet that we in the United States won't get anything except the minifigure pack until August, but I'd love to be wrong.  There was so much angst last year when we had to wait until September...due to how badly our country handled the pandemic, but that's another matter.  

I would think that most of them would release on June 1st with the rest of the wave/any retail exclusives that haven't been rumored.

Just now, living_off_lego said:

knowing lego they either learned from their mistakes or completely ignored them. but because of how good they handled January first I predict that the release would be June 1st.

Edited by living_off_lego

1 minute ago, living_off_lego said:

knowing lego they either learned from their mistakes or completely ignored them

Truer words have rarely been spoken :grin:

Welcome to Eurobricks, by the way!

2 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Well, I'm not sure about USA, but 4 sets (bathroom, fluffy set, Hogsmeade and Chamber) are definitely coming in June.

Thanks!  :)

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

Truer words have rarely been spoken :grin:

Welcome to Eurobricks, by the way!

Thanks!  :)

omg, thanks for the welcome!!

also, I forgot to add that if the chessboard is a d2c and the 249.99 sets is also a d2c then lego will most likely not release them together. (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ) but I can't think of a time lego has released 2 d2cs from one theme in the same wave 

3 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

omg, thanks for the welcome!!

also, I forgot to add that if the chessboard is a d2c and the 249.99 sets is also a d2c then lego will most likely not release them together. (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ) but I can't think of a time lego has released 2 d2cs from one theme in the same wave 

D2C should be the chess set. That’s the only d2c for Harry Potter for this year 

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

D2C should be the chess set. That’s the only d2c for Harry Potter for this year 

so the 249.99 set is not a D2C 🤨

35 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

the wand by itself? maybe we could also get a build of a hand to hold it 

If there are wand builds I assume they will come with a buildable wand box, like it's at Ollivanders.

13 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

so the 249.99 set is not a D2C 🤨

How did you come to that conclusion? :wacko: There's only one D2C set, 76391, which is the chess set at $250