Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, aimo said:

I don't know you, but for me the best thing would be to get all the characters we still miss and end this theme as soon as possible. 

I agree, just give us what's left and then end the theme. With the direction the theme is heading in now (evergreen) it won't be long until LEGO starts using the Star Wars formula, or in other words: endlessly rerelease sets with just enough new stuff (like a new character or variant) to get people to buy it. LEGO Harry Potter being milked to death like LEGO Star Wars is the last thing I want to see happening and would effectively kill my interest and excitement for this theme. 

The heck, which outfit is that meant to be for Mcgonangall, i never never seen her wear a clasp/broche like that, i can not find any source material for it either. 

Certainly not something she wore in 3 broomsticks, this must be based on some costume test or soemthing. the thistle print seems very specific.

Could they not just have made a figure that was accurate to the movie scene (or any movie scene).. ARGH!

Madam-Rosmerta-WB-F3-Mc-Gonagall-Fudge-R

Edited by deskp

14 minutes ago, deskp said:

The heck, which outfit is that meant to be for Mcgonangall, i never never seen her wear a clasp/broche like that, i can not find any source material for it either. 

Certainly not something she wore in 3 broomsticks, this must be based on some costume test or soemthing. the thistle print seems very specific.

Could they not just have made a figure that was accurate to the movie scene (or any movie scene).. ARGH!

Looks like that outfit to me

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Looks like that outfit to me

The clasp is ENTIERLY different, and the colors, where do lego get that sand green from?

I don’t get the complaints about the hair color. It’s film accurate and it’s the same color that was used on the Moments figure for the hat/hair combo. I’ve personally been waiting a while for them to give her this piece in this color so I’m very happy with it. Great figure 

15 minutes ago, deskp said:

The real irony is you posting the image where she is wearing that exact clasp/broche and telling us you have never seen her wear it. You, sir, are a comedian in the making!

1 minute ago, deskp said:

The clasp is ENTIERLY different, and the colors, where do lego get that sand green from?

Ever heard of colour correction in movies? Costumes can look dark and broody in the final film while in reality they are colourful and bright. This scene is desaturated and muted to fit the emotional realisation of Sirius Black's motives and to enhance the invisibilty cloak scene

19 minutes ago, deskp said:

It's almost as if... lighting affects the visibility of minor details on costumes :tongue:

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

It's quite low quality, my apologies for that, but the clasp seems to be accurate. Also, due to the lighting and colour correction (the greyish tone in this case) + how it's filtered through the cloak could mean that it looks different to us. The LEGO designers probably had access to (images of) the original costume. Perhaps they had concept art or tests that didn't make it to the final film, we don't know. It's not the first time they took creative license, I don't mind honestly. It looks like a great alternate outfit to what we have already.

G76ghfL.png

8 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The real irony is you posting the image where she is wearing that exact clasp/broche and telling us you have never seen her wear it. You, sir, are a comedian in the making!

The image has 2 little circles with a chain in between. the figure has a big round type similar to this: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51NbCFe1ilL._AC_SX425_.jpg

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's almost as if... lighting affects the visibility of minor details on costumes :tongue:

Its a long way to go from the collar looking the same color as the rest of the costume to it being such a light shade in the figure.

29 minutes ago, deskp said:

Of all the things to be upset about in this wave... this is not it. I think the new McGonagall minifig is gorgeous. If the designer took some artistic liberty on the shape of her clasp or the color of her robes and gown, good for them. She looks all the better for it.

What does warrant some upset is the $30 brick built REMEMBERALL set that we will be getting... How is there not more outrage over this? Am I totally misunderstanding what @Falconfan1414 revealed yesterday? He all but confirmed that we would be getting this as a set. I still cannot wrap my head around how LEGO decided on this obscure artifact from the movies, when we could have had a golden snitch or a Nimbus 2000 or a wand or a time turner or anything other than Neville’s blasted REMEMBERALL!

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

What does warrant some upset is the $30 brick built REMEMBERALL set that we will be getting... How is there not more outrage over this? Am I totally misunderstanding what @Falconfan1414 revealed yesterday? He all but confirmed that we would be getting this as a set. I still cannot wrap my head around how LEGO decided on this obscure artifact from the movies, when we could have had a golden snitch or a Nimbus 2000 or a wand or a time turner or anything other than Neville’s blasted REMEMBERALL!

I think perhaps when it's a brick build thing, it doesen't really matter what it is, a lot of people don't care for it either way.

1 hour ago, aimo said:

I don't know you, but for me the best thing would be to get all the characters we still miss and end this theme as soon as possible.

I know this is a strong assumption, but I think that a lot of us would agree with your statement. End the theme in 2 years covering the most iconic and important locations, scenes and charachters, then going on with remake). I believe that wishlists and speculations about this year can confirm that (DH sets, Durmstrang Ship and second task, Gringott, Battle of Hogwarts... Karkaroff, Skeeter, Pomfrey... most of our ideas used to go in this direction).

But Lego is an enterprise, Harry Potter theme sells very well and they will try to squeeze out more money in every way. For example making an entire wave (June one) with clear nostalgic purpose, but giving people what they know (or suppose) people want (Chamber of Secrets, Hogsmeade, Fluffy...). For example trying to produce different type of sets for different consuemer targets (August wave, but also art sets). This could be a good thing, spreading interesting sets with interesting charachters in a longer time, saving my wallet; or a horrible thing, with endlessly rerelease sets with just enough new stuff (like a new character or variant) to get people to buy it (as @Guyon2002 said).

For what we know at the moment, I will buy June wave sets and probably avoid some of the August sets, cause I'm not interested in brickbuilt creatures nore in brickbuilt charachters; for Hogwarts Chess I want to look at the set to decide, but maybe a no-buy for me.

I didn't want to write some sort of sermon, but I'm not sure I managed to :snicker:.

Edited by BrickMatit

For me it all depends on what’s coming next year. If it is a return to 2018/2020 form than I will happily buy those sets. This year I will probably only get hogsmeade and maybe bricklink some minifigs I don’t have. I have the bricktober set so no need for Hooch/Tom.

I’m already looking at the Mos Eisley Cantina...perhaps get that one instead of this years weird and offbeat Harry Potter sets and the upcoming Home Alone house! 

55 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

So is this rememberall actually confirmed/extremely likely as it just seems a really random choice especially with a Madam Hooch figure. Surely Neville would be a better figure for the scene anyway 

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

An idea struck me this morning... 

He hasn’t confirmed that the rememberall is specifically in the Hooch set has he? And we also don’t know which of the $30 and $40 sets is which. So what if actually the $40 set is a Quidditch chest with the leaked Hooch figure (reasonable price I think to make it look right, perhaps they use the same curved bay doors from the new Space Shuttle for the lid).

Then the rememberall is in the $30 set, but it’s actually an accessory to the main build of that set... 

I was thinking about the Leaked Pixie mould and although it could easily come with the Chamber of Secrets set it seems odd to me that they would do that given the set has the new Basilisk moulds already...  A pixie is not on the leaked box art, and is only tangentially relevant to the Lockheart figure. 

The new Pixie mould could easily carry a set on its own merits in its first introduction; like a DADA classroom module or moments book... or like Hedwig last year in a set of a buildable model of Itself!

So my wild guess is that the $30 set is a brick-built life-size Pixie, with the rememberall as an accessory (part of the display stand), and it comes with either Lockheart or Neville with the new pixie in hand  :)

Edited by Bugbot20082

36 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

A pixie is not on the leaked box art, and is only tangentially relevant to the Lockheart figure. 

Did I miss something? I thought we only have prelim pictures so what leaked box art are you talking about?

14 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Did I miss something? I thought we only have prelim pictures so what leaked box art are you talking about?

Assume the prelim image.

Anyhow the gold Lockhart is the one in the pixie scene, its not his chamber outfit.  we'll see which fig they do in actual set though.

Wow, that new McGonagall looks fantastic! Easily my favorite figure they've made of her thus far. Glad to see one of my favorite characters finally get her due this year in Hogsmeade and Moments, after the subpar 2018 figure.

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

An idea struck me this morning... 

He hasn’t confirmed that the rememberall is specifically in the Hooch set has he? And we also don’t know which of the $30 and $40 sets is which. So what if actually the $40 set is a Quidditch chest with the leaked Hooch figure (reasonable price I think to make it look right, perhaps they use the same curved bay doors from the new Space Shuttle for the lid).

Then the rememberall is in the $30 set, but it’s actually an accessory to the main build of that set... 

I was thinking about the Leaked Pixie mould and although it could easily come with the Chamber of Secrets set it seems odd to me that they would do that given the set has the new Basilisk moulds already...  A pixie is not on the leaked box art, and is only tangentially relevant to the Lockheart figure. 

The new Pixie mould could easily carry a set on its own merits in its first introduction; like a DADA classroom module or moments book... or like Hedwig last year in a set of a buildable model of Itself!

So my wild guess is that the $30 set is a brick-built life-size Pixie, with the rememberall as an accessory (part of the display stand), and it comes with either Lockheart or Neville with the new pixie in hand  :)

I really love this idea! That would be such a cool way to interpret it. I do not know if lego would do 2 buildable creatures in one wave, but I think I would buy both of these sets cuz Fawkes is a great creature/character and the pixies are cute and mischievous. I hope you are right about it. 

That new Mcgonagall figure looks great. I think this is the first time we've seen her with a hair piece. 

I think the Pixie will be included in the CoS set because it's kind of an overall "Chamber of Secrets movie" set. Maybe one of the top rooms will be a classroom for Lockhart and/or Sinestra.

6 hours ago, Textorix said:

I hope we get Lockhart leak tomorrow

I think Ron from the Forbidden Corridor set will be next, at least judging by the hints we got from Kingwong :classic:

4 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

Ever heard of colour correction in movies? Costumes can look dark and broody in the final film while in reality they are colourful and bright. This scene is desaturated and muted to fit the emotional realisation of Sirius Black's motives and to enhance the invisibilty cloak scene

Filmmakers often want the costumes/sets/props to be made extra colourful because toning the colours down in post is easier and looks better than trying to increase saturation of colours that are muted to begin with.

I think the minifigures should reflect how the costumes appear in the film, not how they look in real life. That's why I really don't like Snape's bright purple waistcoat or Voldemort's green robes from the CMF series. Neither of them look like the costumes in the film.

That being said, I don't think the new McGonagall figure is that bad.

Edited by Roonil Wazlib

McGonagall looks amazing. Love the thistle design and don’t care in the least if it’s scene accurate; it’s nice to have some selection. That said, agree with those that think the clasp is very different. 

6 hours ago, joeee said:

It's a dark-reddish brown in the first movie.

2eeb4ab86956f499252347b5227e1234.jpg

I still love it, though! I can't wait to have a McGonagall with a bun!

Laughing to myself at the difference in colour between the films and thinking, yeah, teaching will do that to you. (I know in RL MS was battling cancer like a BAMF trooper, but makeup could have dyed it had they wished. But then again: Flitwick, say no more.)

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

What does warrant some upset is the $30 brick built REMEMBERALL set that we will be getting... How is there not more outrage over this?

One word: denial. :laugh: Until it’s confirmed, and FF has been deliberately cagey, I am just hoping he’s trolling us. (Frankly we kind of deserve it.)  

Personally, I don‘t mind if the colours are bit more vibrant than in the source material. After all, LEGO sets are still primarily toys rather than replicas :shrug_oh_well: