Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I could see them releasing another set like it, this time with Ron and some other character. Although the thought disgusts me.

That would make sense, though if that were the case you'd think they'd put Harry with some other character (Hagrid, Luna, etc.) and then pair Ron and Hermione together. Now we're just down a ginger.

Ron didn't appear in Lego Dimensions either, and when I was little they didn't make a Ron doll (just Harry and Hermione). So this doesn't surprise me. 

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I could see them releasing another set like it, this time with Ron and some other character. Although the thought disgusts me.

Perhaps Ron and a buildable (and movable) Howler :wub:

33 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Perhaps Ron and a buildable (and movable) Howler :wub:

I kind of want that Howler... :laugh:

I like the Riddle figure a lot. I actually really like the face although it looks more akin to the HBP Riddle, I think the 2020 face looked more like COS Riddle. The only thing I really don’t like are the legs. They are definitely accurate with the colors but without being dual molded it just doesn’t work and looks bad

Also, I just really can’t rank any of the sets without seeing actual images of all the builds and figures

Reading one of these comments made me wonder: do the majority here prefer goofy/expressive face prints or rather realistic ones? If I could compare two examples that meet the characteristics mentioned above, I’d put 2018 Snape being the former and 2010 Snape being the latter, although I don’t know if the newest one is cartoony enough... maybe Fred and George?

Edited by Otherworld

Can I just say... that I am still GOBSMACKED over @Falconfan1414’s suggestion that we will be getting a brick-built REMEMBERALL this August. I was okay with the Anniversary themed Hogwarts, I love the minifigs and beasts we are getting, and I am genuinely excited about the D2C Wizard’s chess set. But THIS... this I cannot bear. Not a brick-built Snitch. No sir, not even a brick-built Nimbus 2000. But a brick-built REMEMBERALL. I feel like this has to be some kind of prank. Merlin’s beard... It is literally just a glass ball with a gold rim. How can one render that in LEGO form and sell it for $30? I imagine it will come with a little bit of castle and a few minifigs to make it more palatable. Hooch, Neville, Malfoy, Harry. Unbelievable. In case anyone is curious, here is the official movie prop that was used as the Rememberall, currently on display at the WB Studio Tour in London.

1024px-The_Making_of_Harry_Potter_29-05-

29 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Reading one of these comments made me wonder: do the majority here prefer goofy/expressive face prints or rather realistic ones? 

If I could compare two examples that meet the characteristics mentioned above, I’d put 2018 Snape being the former and 2010 Snape being the latter, although I don’t know if the newest one is cartoony enough... maybe Fred and George?

I vastly prefer the less goofy ones. And I agree, it’s part of why I don’t like the new Snapes as much as the 2010 one. 

1 hour ago, Otherworld said:

Reading one of these comments made me wonder: do the majority here prefer goofy/expressive face prints or rather realistic ones? If I could compare two examples that meet the characteristics mentioned above, I’d put 2018 Snape being the former and 2010 Snape being the latter, although I don’t know if the newest one is cartoony enough... maybe Fred and George?

It depends, some of the goofy/expressive ones I liked, the Fred and George ones were awesome because they fit their mischievous characters. The back of the new Riddle is great too because it perfectly encapsulates the look when Harry stabs the diary. Or Lockhart’s nervous expression is priceless. My problem is too many lines on a face, like Umbridge and Slughorn are really good examples of looking like straight up prunes. 

Edited by RODDY

4 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Perhaps because he was a Head Boy in his 7th year? Or the badge's design was different in 1940s? Either way I'm really happy we're getting him. Although looking at the figure it's pretty weird that the striped pattern doesn't continue on the hips. It's a new print on the legs anyway, so why not add this small detail? Someone in the design team was being lazy.

Oh! Good point that it could be his Head Boy badge. I recall my 12 year old self thinking, "Maybe the filmmakers didn't want his robes to reveal that he is a Slytherin in the flashback." And too bad for the stripes not being on his legs too. I guess it's LEGOs way of saving money...having one print for legs that work for as many robes and suits as possible.

6 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

But a brick-built REMEMBERALL.

Hasn’t that been ruled out already? I mean Hooch being included wouldn’t make sense if that set really was a Remembrall :grin:

6 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I actually never liked the 2010 Snape because he seemed so expressionless, there wasn’t a visible emotion there compared to the raised eyebrow and angry face of the new variant. I also had the same problem with the cmf Luna with her glasses: she just didn’t seem to fit with the role of the character because of how passive the face was. 

An easy compromise is to have one norm face and one zany face, which Fred and George both had and I which thought fit well 

1 minute ago, HarryPotterguy said:

A new Mcgonagall has just leaked 

Thats nice !

Wow this one looks amazing but from which set it is? Because Hogsmeade one was supposed to be black? Does that mean this one is frol august wave?

Damn, this figure looks amazing! Love the new torso and dress printing.

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Wow this one looks amazing but from which set it is? Because Hogsmeade one was supposed to be black? Does that mean this one is frol august wave?

That's a prelim.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's a prelim.

Yes I know, but I though she would have black robes because Hogsmeade sets is based on POA.

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yes I know, but I though she would have black robes because Hogsmeade sets is based on POA.

Preliminary figures rarely show what the final figure will look like and sometimes just show white stand-in figs. This is the outfit McGonagall wears in the Three Broomsticks when Harry finds out about Sirius.

Is her outfit based off of the deleted scene of POA where McGonagall sees the Gryffindors in the common room after Sirius Black broke in?

Edit: nevermind! I see Guyon's post. Ignore mine :)

Edited by joeee

Wow McGonagall looks awesome! But what's with her hair color? Or it's supposed to be hat?

I like that new McGonagall figure!

Also are we getting a new Hogwart's express set this year or should I get the 2018 one?