Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

48 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

It's the best X-Wing set yet

The 2018 X-wing says hi.

1 minute ago, DocStrange said:

Since this year's sets are basically a total let down, I am looking for a Gringotts to finish off my collection. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have found the one on Aliexpress and its pretty cool. 

I'd probably just wait until next year. They've got to do Gringotts eventually, right?

I hope everyone who complained about the Hogwarts Moments Flying Lessons rumour is now more satisfied with the buildable remembrall rumour. :jollyroger:

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

I hope everyone who complained about the Hogwarts Moments Flying Lessons rumour is now more satisfied with the buildable remembrall rumour. :jollyroger:

I personally wouldn't buy either one, but yeah, I reckon a Moments set would have been better received.

Am I the only one who cringes every time I type "Moments?" Lol.

I really hope there's a fifth June playset. Every other year had five June sets:

2018- Great Hall, Whomping Willow, Quidditch Match, Aragog's Lair, Hogwarts Express (5)

2019 - Clock Tower, Hagrid's Hut, Expecto Patronum, Hungarian Horntail, Knight Bus (5)

2020 - Astronomy Tower, Attack on the Burrow, Umbridge's Encounter, Room of Requirement, No.4 Privet Drive, Hedwig (so 6)

2021 - Chamber of Secrets, Forbidden Corridor, Hogsmeade, Myrtle's Bathroom (only 4)

15 hours ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Harry and Hermione?

I guess TLG didn't learn anything from that JK Rowling/Emma Watson interview fiasco.

Would you be so kind as to “Point Me” in the right direction? I seem to have missed or forgotten that particular fiasco. Approximate time it occurred (last summer / a decade ago :laugh:) would be sufficient. Cheers. :classic:

15 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Oh golly, with all of Ms. Rowling's recent comments both on the Wizarding World and on real matters, I forgot that she also fundamentally misunderstands the characters and relationships she created.

But yeah. First LEGO Dimensions, and now this. This LEGO Ron erasure is very unfortunate.

If you don’t mind, what was the misunderstanding of the characters?

Other question though, as a purely numbers thing, I’d assume more girls like Hermione than boys, and that she might even outperform Harry as their preferred character (not a given with sidekicks)and that boys given a choice would similarly select one of the male leads, but also tend to prefer Harry to Ron (again lead vs sidekick) if they’ve a favourite character. Isn’t this more a question of selling to your audience than Ron erasure?

Why couldn’t they have rebooted the theme back in 2016 or 17 instead, then they would’ve ticked DH off before going completely insane :laugh_hard:

As much as I hope for a return to form next year, I’m not confident. Can’t wait for a bunch of inferior PoA remakes, buildable werewolf and shrunken head :grin: This wave just completely broke the trust I had in the design team. Shame

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

As much as I hope for a return to form next year, I’m not confident. Can’t wait for a bunch of inferior PoA remakes, buildable werewolf and shrunken head :grin: This wave just completely broke the trust I had in the design team. Shame

Past years have shown how aware the design team was of the fans wishes and how much they loved the source material. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a lot of these sets were forced into the releaseschedule by WB or LEGO's execs.

6 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Am I the only one who cringes every time I type "Moments?" Lol.

I quite like the sets, but agree, “Moments” sounds like chocolates, Eis-konfekt, something from Hallmark, or an “international coffee flavour” ad. 

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So Tom Riddle just leaked.

I like the previous version more, I'm not a fan of leg printing like that.

Oh wow, other than the face he looks amazing! If expanding the number of sets produced with random crap makes the playsets have amazing printing and new moulds, count me in. :angel_sing:

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So Tom Riddle just leaked.

I like the previous version more, I'm not a fan of leg printing like that.

Same. 

The new one looks good, but the older black legs looked better. Not sure if it's more accurate though. 

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

The new one looks good, but the older black legs looked better. Not sure if it's more accurate though. 

Light grey legs are definitely more movie accurate.

2 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I quite like the sets, but agree, “Moments” sounds like chocolates, Eis-konfekt, something from Hallmark, or an “international coffee flavour” ad. 

Exactly haha.

5 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Would you be so kind as to “Point Me” in the right direction? I seem to have missed or forgotten that particular fiasco. Approximate time it occurred (last summer / a decade ago :laugh:) would be sufficient. Cheers. :classic:

It was in 2014

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if a lot of these sets were forced into the releaseschedule by WB or LEGO's execs.

Maybe. Either way, they have to earn my trust back :tongue:

The new Tom looks good! And they even gave him a new faceprint :sweet: As much as the other wave blows, at least they‘re going all-in with this one

Somewhat mixed feelings for this figure. The torso looks great but I'm not sold on the legs, do you guys think the Snape/Hux print will line up with this torso? 

The  new figure has alot mroe erros.  and it looks more childish,  so i guess moments childish style is the new norm with HP....

No buttons?

the light grey collar. there should be one light grey stipe and 2 dark green ones, not other way around.   they seem to have used the HBP tom riddle sweater on COS riddle.....

big grey crest. could have used green..

stripes on the blazer

Yikes that Tom Riddle figure is not very good at all... The figures would be the one reason for me to get the anniversary sets...

1 minute ago, Len said:

No part of cape on the back side of legs. Very strange.

They don‘t print on the back side of legs, and for very good reason :wink:

I think i will just use the tom Riddle from the book in this set and make the new Tom Riddle into a random slytherin student.

Just now, Roonil Wazlib said:

I think Tom Riddle looks okay! Not sure why they made his jacket pinstriped though.

He reminds me of an old action figure I had so I quite like him.

Spoiler

DTxZR3P.jpg

This year makes no sense to me. Each and every one of these building thing / non-playset sets sounds to me like it could be fine in its own right, but releasing so many at once in one wave is baffling.

LEGO must be confident in HP to pump all this random stuff out, but then again, if the "regular" type sets were selling well, it's a strange and sudden detour to make into a year with only four normal sets, and of those only one seeming to share the same design language as previous years.