Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Thieda said:

I just want some deathly hallows sets dammit....

Not this wave..

Just now, Thieda said:

I just want some deathly hallows sets dammit....

Next year. 

...maybe

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

So then we basically missing one set          29,99$ one?

Looks like it. So at this point the entire wave has to be brick-built nonsense, so we need to figure out what they can release for that price... 

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Not a broom

Okay, so 76395 is a $30 Buildable Snitch. (Unless it's a kinetic sculpture with all four balls swirling around, but a Snitch with flapping wings seems more likely.) Hopefully it uses a lot of metallic/drum lacquered pieces. That makes a lot more sense than a buildable broom (though I think a small buildable broom could be an accessory for Harry in 76392).

That just leaves 76394, which FalconFan is semi-hinting will be another funky brickbuild. We're already getting an accessory and a bird, so I imagine the brickbuild will be something else, with around 600 pieces. Any ideas?

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Next year. 

...maybe

Looks like it. So at this point the entire wave has to be brick-built nonsense, so we need to figure out what they can release for that price... 

Looks like I'll be saving lots of money then lol.

Kingwong just posted a picture of Ron in his outfit from the end of Philosopher's Stone. I'm guessing that means the minifigure should come in the Forbidden Corridor set (since his earlier McGonagall post was for Hogsmeade, another June set)

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Kingwong just posted a picture of Ron in his outfit from the end of Philosopher's Stone. I'm guessing that means the minifigure should come in the Forbidden Corridor set (since his earlier McGonagall post was for Hogsmeade, another June set)

By forbidden corridor you mean the 'chess' set right?

Or do you mean the fluffy set?

Edited by Thieda

I can’t believe we were actually right with a lot of our purposefully stupid set ideas :sad: I lowered my expectations to the point I was actually looking forward to additional anniversary sets, but turns out even that wasn’t low enough :angry: I’m utterly disappointed in the design team. I sincerely hope they get their **** together and don’t continue with that nonsense next year

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Maybe I will return back to Star Wars because this wave is just pure trash...

I 100% agree, marvel also sounds pretty good this time.

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I can’t believe we were actually right with a lot our purposefully stupid set ideas :sad: I lowered my expectations to the point I was actually looking forward to additional anniversary sets, but turns out even that wasn’t low enough :angry: I’m utterly disappointed in the design team. I sincerely hope they get their **** together and don’t continue with that nonsense next year

I haven't yet gotten Diagon Alley so I'm gonna take this lack of a good wave to get that finally!

1 minute ago, Thieda said:

By forbidden corridor you mean the 'chess' set right?

Or do you mean the fluffy set?

Fluffy set, I'm assuming people won't know that much about the chess set yet.

2 minutes ago, Thieda said:

I 100% agree, marvel also sounds pretty good this time.

I mean they are getting Endgame and IW sets so why the hell can we have DH sets? What are they smoking in Lego HP team? 

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wonder how this wave will be remembered, or if it will feel forgotten in the long run

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

After the other couple of sets for this wave, I’m surprised people are guessing “regular” set ideas, especially with the quidditch set. I didn’t think people would forget that quickly what’s included 

Are you implying some kind of remembrall build in the Quidditch set? :classic:

Just now, Textorix said:

I mean they are getting Endgame and IW sets so why the hell can we have DH sets? What are they smoking in Lego HP team? 

It all started last year with those annoying white door frames in the astronomy tower and has just snowballed from there...

5 minutes ago, Thieda said:

I haven't yet gotten Diagon Alley so I'm gonna take this lack of a good wave to get that finally!

Yeah same, I am still waiting for DA to show in some local stores so I can buy it with discount but its still sits at Lego store only.

1 minute ago, Thieda said:

It all started last year with those annoying white door frames in the astronomy tower and has just snowballed from there...

White frames is just little cosmetic problem, I love that set anyway but this year ugh...

Edited by Textorix

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this has to be the worst wave of sets ever released for any licensed theme. This makes the Jan 21 SW wave look bloody impressive! :sick:

Of course the actual builds may still be decent, but the choices are just unfathomably nonsensical. Now I get why Guyon said the quality doesn’t even matter :iamded_lol:

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Well, Marvel had to wait 2 years for actual Endgame sets, and we should thank our lucky stars that they're coming at all. With HP, they decided to make one (1) wave of different-y sets to diversify the line and draw in more potential fans. (Which they will- I've told several of my HP fan friends who don't do much LEGO about these sets, and they're all excited for at least one or two of these sets.) In the long run, this will result in the theme getting a bigger budget so they can make more sets overall, which can only mean good things for when we get DH.

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this has to be the worst wave of sets ever released for any licensed theme. This makes the Jan 21 SW wave look bloody impressive! :sick:

Of course the actual builds may still be decent, but the choices are just unfathomably nonsensical. Now I get why Guyon said the quality doesn’t even matter :iamded_lol:

I definitely don't want two great halls next to each other on my shelf... :roflmao:

10 minutes ago, Thieda said:

I haven't got any 2020 HP sets other than Diagon Alley so I'll do the same for those.

8 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Fluffy set, I'm assuming people won't know that much about the chess set yet.

Actually wait, did we already see the minifigs from the Fluffy set? If anyone still has those leaks, can someone DM them to me please lol

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

...Not going to disagree with you on the HP sets, since that's a valid opinion, but why are the Winter 2021 Star Wars sets viewed as so bad? It's the best X-Wing set yet, the second-best TIE (at the best price), Beskar Mando, a great Imperial Shuttle, and the Microfighter Tauntaun is fantastic. It's one of the best SW waves in recent years imo, I don't see the problem.

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Actually wait, did we already see the minifigs from the Fluffy set? If anyone still has those leaks, can someone DM them to me please lol

The prelims just have the trio in 2018 jumpers as placeholders.

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The prelims just have the trio in 2018 jumpers as placeholders.

So then it's more likely that the Fluffy set represents the scene where they first find the corridor (wearing their jumpers), and Kingwong's post confirms that the chess set will include the trio in their end of movie outfits.

10 minutes ago, nrsperes said:

Are you implying some kind of remembrall build in the Quidditch set? :classic:

Now, THAT would be a puzzling choice. A buildable kinetic Snitch would be a legitimately cool set for $30, especially if it used metallic pieces. Who would want a buildable Remembrall? How would LEGO make a buildable Remembrall, it's made of glass! Why would it come with Hooch, when Neville would be the obvious inclusion. It just doesn't add up in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

...Not going to disagree with you on the HP sets, since that's a valid opinion, but why are the Winter 2021 Star Wars sets viewed as so bad? It's the best X-Wing set yet, the second-best TIE (at the best price), Beskar Mando, a great Imperial Shuttle, and the Microfighter Tauntaun is fantastic. It's one of the best SW waves in recent years imo, I don't see the problem.

Not to veer too far off-topic, but again, it’s the set choices that were terrible IMO. Every single set except for the Mando one was a remake and we only got one new character out of the entire wave, no new moulds, no battle packs, NADA. At least the summer wave appears to make up for that :laugh:

Speaking of SW: that theme also diversified with the yearly buildable characters and helmet sets, HOWEVER, in that case, they don’t make up half of the bloody line-up :wall: