Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Part of me is glad of a wave where I don't feel the need to collect every little thing, I may just keep an eye out for exclusive minifigures and carry on building custom MOCs, there are some quality Diagon Alley expansions being released by the community. 

My wallet is happy for the break!

Welp, to me, this seems to indicate that the entire August wave will be 18+ and targeted towards adults. It's hard to market buildable figures and large chess sets towards kids.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Well, that's the most ominous way you could have phrased that, and with the most ominous timing, too!

Yes, Falconfan is basically Dramatic Squirreling us. 

And there are..two more sets...dun, dun duuuunnn. 

Dramatic Chipmunk - Wikipedia

1 minute ago, Prometheus87 said:

Arr those - 40495 and 40496? 

Nope. 

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Well, that's the most ominous way you could have phrased that, and with the most ominous timing, too!

He's right though.

9 minutes ago, doclord said:

Won't the buildable figures resemble what Retro brick Reviewers accurately predicted?

I'd like to know this as well, even if it's starting to seem more like it'll just be random new figures, since I think someone would've said if they were minifig-styled.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

And there are still 2 sets missing 

*oh2* do you mean 2 sets whose contents aren’t confirmed or 2 sets which don’t have a price point yet? 

In 2019 the Graveyard Duel and Beauxbatons were complete surprises and I think the Burrow was only confirmed with some leaked figures last year. I’m pretty sure there’ll be at least one exclusive set that even the leaker’s sources won’t know about (it seems like magazine and promotional images are often our main source of information. I might be wrong but apart from a description of the girls’ bathroom exterior there hasn’t been any news about the June sets interiors, just speculation!)

Dang, I'm just amazed at how quickly this fell apart for me. The D2C and Fawkes sets both sound ok, but the Harry and Hermione set just broke my spirit. Just... WHY?!?!

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

*oh2* do you mean 2 sets whose contents aren’t confirmed or 2 sets which don’t have a price point yet? 

The former.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Dang, I'm just amazed at how quickly this fell apart for me. The D2C and Fawkes sets both sound ok, but the Harry and Hermione set just broke my spirit. Just... WHY?!?!

mario vid

God these jokes are killing me :laugh_hard::laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Welp, to me, this seems to indicate that the entire August wave will be 18+ and targeted towards adults. It's hard to market buildable figures and large chess sets towards kids.

The Fawkes set will probably be 10+ like Hedwig last year so only the chess set and buildable figures will be 18+. 

that should leave 2-4 playsets left in the summer for kids and the rest of us to enjoy, including the Hooch flying lesson scene . 

Ok the fact that Hermione is included I have to buy it and please remember I predicted Harry and Hermione a few pages back. So hoping it's Y1-2 Uniform characters!!

10 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Wait... Two years of great, fun sets that bring out childhood nostalgia, followed by a year of visually stunning sets and mostly perfect choices (albeit a couple of odd directorial decisions), and then one year that 90% of everyone can agree is absolute trash...

Wow, it's just like the first four Harry Potter movies. (Albeit, now I'm in the 10% still excited for these sets.)

OMG. Yessss. :roflmao:

Uh, this is disappointing, but honestly I don't care. The brickbuilt figures are basically the art sets for me - no interest in them before I even get a chance to see them. Best of luck with them, it means I get to save a bit to put towards the rest of the summer wave.

Alsondor the chess set, the figures could be Hagrid/Maxime sized on their little plinths and be in scale (in Lego terms anyway), the 2012 horse mold would be the right scale too. Pop them on 3x3 squares and this would be compatible with the rest of the sets. 

Bigger and it would seem we'll out of scale. 

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I said what?

Someone said the Chess Set can be connected to the June sets and I wasn't sure if it was you. 

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The former.

Ok so that means the £30 and £40 probably won’t be much to write home about. Considering you didn’t like the builds of the June @Guyon2002 maybe we’ve got more of that to look forward to? Or a set with characters which have already been included elsewhere since 2018? 

Honestly with how this information has been drip-fed to us today I’m half-convinced you and @Falconfan1414 are working together to tag-team us with surprises one after another as this forum falls apart and loses all sanity :tongue:

21 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Then buy a set that you and your partner can build together over a bottle of wine.

Well, it‘ll need more than one bottle of wine to overcome this 😂

I'm actually so confused at the choices for the August wave lmao. At least it means i can save even more money for other summer waves :laugh_hard:

Hey can I just say something. Can we not have a repeat of Marvel from two weeks ago. Every day, hours later new pieces of news. Can you save us all the trouble and just come out with it with those final two sets. Thank you 😂

Only kidding. This wave is already not exciting people from what I've seen so these figures are just a cherry on top. I'm with whoever said, hopefully there's secret retail exclusive sets. That's what I'm hoping for too 😕

I'm still reserving judgement until we see some actual decent photos of these upcoming sets.  The HP Advent Calendar will be a definite buy for me unless it turns out as horrendous as last years City Advent Calendar which I sincerely doubt.  The chess set sounds interesting to me.  Fawkes will probably be nice but I still haven't decided if I'll get Hedwig yet so that would determine if I would eventually go for Fawkes too.  Harry & Hermoine brick built figs I doubt I'd buy but I'm not definitely saying no yet.  The set with Madame Hooch will be a definite buy for me.  I'm dying to see the Frozen Ice Palace & the Creator Castle set so those will probably be on my buy list even if the HP stuff ends up not interesting me.

Has the idea of another Hogwarts Moments book set been completely ruled out? Because the $30 set matches that price point. I could see us getting a book for Defense Against the Dark Arts with Lockhart in his blue robes and the Cornish Pixies. I doubt they will try to squeeze this into the Chamber of Secrets set. I think it’s more like that we get a Slytherin Common Room there.

3 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Hey can I just say something. Can we not have a repeat of Marvel from two weeks ago. Every day, hours later new pieces of news. Can you save us all the trouble and just come out with it with those final two sets. Thank you 😂

Only kidding. This wave is already not exciting people from what I've seen so these figures are just a cherry on top. I'm with whoever said, hopefully there's secret retail exclusive sets. That's what I'm hoping for too 😕

That was me, I’m sure we’ll get at least one surprise set in August or something! Also I love your news videos, I watch them even if I’ve seen all the information already on here :laugh: