Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

And if it doesn't improve next year, you also get to enjoy some delicious finger food, so you have at least that to look forward to :devil:

Guyon accidentally confirmed that one last week or so :wink:

Can you show me the comment?

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

I bet (the Queen herself) Hermione. 

Ooh maybe it's the full trio?

Imagine it's the trio in there first year outfits we see in so many sets :laugh_hard: Lego seem to have a personal attachement to those variants lol

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh jesus, so this is how bad it gets...

Buildable chess set D2C, $70 Fawkes, $130 buildable figures set... :ugh:

Oh jesus its even worse than I expected. I hoped for at least 2 or 3 minifigure playsets

Just now, Textorix said:

Oh jesus its even worse than I expected. I hoped for at least 2 or 3 minifigure playsets

Well, the Chess Set is one, Quidditch is two, and 76394 will probably be three. There you go. (Pat, pat.)

As I kid I did love seeing the giant Harry, and the new 2018 ones were cute. I would actually like a cute minifig-style giant version of Harry and Hermione (and Ron).

Spoiler

9434be762a66e8f870ddff59ed291760--lego-harry-potter-harry-potter-characters.jpg.7fe84b3bf9c5c86ec30ae0edd076cd17.jpgunnamed.jpg.4e4ff395bab78c6100d04536d98e5206.jpg

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Like I said, reactions were going to be very mixed and different from person to person. "One mans trash is another's treasure".

Fawkes is 92, the brick-built characters are 93.

I can see why you warned people, nobody could have picked these coming out at the start of the year.

Never been into brickheads so skip, liked the Hedwig build but not sure I want a whole range of creatures, will have to see what it looks like. The chess set isn't something I want. If its the chess set and scenes like the keys and vine trap it might be more appealing but I'd rather they broke them up as sets rather than this expensive set. Not sure why they don't make smaller sets out of all these scenes. 

I see people saying we are not the market for these, they are for kids. That bull really, once a set goes over a price point its for adults. The chess set will be about $350/$400 here in Australia. That some grown man/woman cash. 

This has made the june sets more appealing :laugh:. I like the new cornish pixie. The Great Hall still looks rotten but the figures and scenes should improve it. Looking forward to mocing and fixing it or using it for parts. What a strange year for Harry!!

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Well, the Chess Set is one, Quidditch is two, and 76394 will probably be three. There you go. (Pat, pat.)

Wait so chess set is not something like Lego Castle chess? Its only based on that scene?

My speculation is that the $40 set is a Forbidden Forest set with Harry, Draco, Fang, Firenze, disguised Quirrell, and possibly Hagrid, considering I'd be surprised if he was completely absent from this year's sets.

24 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Obviously thought it would be too unfair on me to make the UCS Gunship and a good Harry Potter wave in the same year.

Wouldn't that cause Priori Incantatem? Oh wait...aren't we getting the reverse sets!!! Ah!

I wish the best set of the year (Hogsmeade) could have been bumped up to the $120 set. Would love to have more of that set.

Just now, Textorix said:

Wait so chess set is not something like Lego Castle chess? Its only based on that scene?

Falconfan said it's very likely that something else will be included and someone else (maybe Guyon?) said they all connect.

Just now, Modal said:

I wish the best set of the year (Hogsmeade) could have been bumped up to the $120 set. Would love to have more of that set.

I may buy two now, that i'm not getting the brick-built characters. Unless it has dobby's sock in it of course...

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

My speculation is that the $40 set is a Forbidden Forest set with Harry, Draco, Fang, Firenze, disguised Quirrell, and possibly Hagrid, considering I'd be surprised if he was completely absent from this year's sets.

If Lego gave us a new Fang mould this year in addition to the Pixie and Cat Hermione I would forgive them of their sins re. the other sets. 

23 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Lego are saving me quite a lot of money this summer. I have zero regrets now about using my points towards the Winnie the Pooh set. At least I'm going to get the Home Alone house this Christmas, too.

Haha! Twins! I've just been thinking about how much money i'm going to be saving too and I just used all our points on the Winnie the Pooh set for my wife's birthday present. So nice only paying $2.95 for it! :-D

Just now, BrickFunatic said:

Falconfan said it's very likely that something else will be included and someone else (maybe Guyon?) said they all connect.

Yeah but $250 should have at least 10 minifigures but with this one I can only think of 3

Just now, Textorix said:

Yeah but $250 should have at least 10 minifigures but with this one I can only think of 3

I imagine the chess pieces will be minfigs...

Come on someone put me out of my misery... Is the Pixie a part of the CoS set or an unknown one? And is there a new mould of flying Fawkes? :kahuka::cannon:

4 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Can you show me the comment?

It was on March 14th. A rumour of a flying lesson Moments set popped up, which Guyon commented with "So it begins". Of course the rumour, courtesy of a particularly tricksy Hobbit, turned out to be fake, which we found out thanks to Guyon, who consulted with his source again. However, the "damage" was already sort of done, because his initial comment basically confirmed that Hooch will be included in that set :wink:

Just now, Textorix said:

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Quirrell, Spirit Voldemort, McGonagall (it is her chess set, after all), and Golden Dumbledore, plus the Knight Horse Rider statues will likely be minifigs as well for scale. That's 11.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

It was on March 14th. A rumour of a flying lesson Moments set popped up, which Guyon commented with "So it begins". Of course the rumour, courtesy of a particularly tricksy Hobbit, turned out to be fake, which we found out thanks to Guyon, who consulted with his source again. However, the "damage" was already sort of done, because his initial comment basically confirmed that Hooch will be included in that set :wink:

Ok thanks. :parrot:

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

Come on someone put me out of my misery... Is the Pixie a part of the CoS set or an unknown one? And is there a new mould of flying Fawkes? :kahuka::cannon:

The chess pieces would not work as minifigs, because scale, because accuracy, and because price.

Just now, BrickFunatic said:

Well I have to see picture of that set because right now I just cant imagine it being a playset expansion to CoS set and cost $250 at the same time. Then why they didnt do $250 CoS instead? 

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The chess pieces would not work as minifigs, because scale, because accuracy, and because price.

Um... The chess pieces are LIFE SIZE in the movie. The Queen was a minfig in the last set. How could they not be Minfigs?? :wacko:

Edited by BrickFunatic

5 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Funny thing: my second comment here a month ago was "One thing I'm thinking about: where's Hagrid?" :snicker:

A Detention in Forest set would be really nice... if they put Fang, Firenze and an unicorn.

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Choices for 76393 will have you scratching your heads.

It's Harry and Dobby from Chamber of Secrets final scene. Dobby's Sock anyone? We were CORRECT? 

Wonder if nearly ALL sets are Chamber of Secrets related?