Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Sorting hat and sword of gryffindor. Dobby and sock. Dobby and chandelier. Dobby and Kreacher. Two Pixies. Potter Puppet Pal Snape and Harry. Fawkes and pile of ash. Fawkes and Basilisk

Considering all of the concrete info and cryptic hints we've received today, here's my new prediction list for August:

76391 ($250) Hogwarts Wizard Chess Challenge (Confirmed) - Will be a large chessboard with brickbuilt pieces. Will have a detachable castle backdrop which will feature the Chamber of Winged Keys and a spot to attach the Forbidden Corridor if you so wish. Will also have an attachment for the mirror room at the far end of the board. Figures include new trio variants, updated Quirrell with centered Voldy face, >themeanestghost!Voldy, McGonagall, figures for the Knight Horserider statues, and Golden Dumbledore.

76392 ($60) Brickbuilt Fawkes (According to FF, Fawkes is specifically not the $120 set, but it was worded in a way to imply that he will be coming elsewhere)- Will be similar to Hedwig, with a wing-flapping feature. Similar to Hedwig's letter, it will come carrying a midi-scale Sorting Hat with sword. The base will be designed to look like the Basilisk's head (i.e. Fawkes is flying out of danger, dynamic pose, etc.) Will include a new Dumbledore variant and flying Fawkes. No golden figure, since it wouldn't be part of the main anniversary line much like how the Hedwig and Monster Book weren't part of the main HP line (different box style and logo).

76393 ($120) - As explained in detail below, I believe this will be a brickbuilt giant minifigure Harry. He would come with a few brickbuilt accessories, such as a wand and broomstick meant to emulate the LEGO pieces. The only figure would be a minifigure Harry to match. No golden figure, for same reasons as Fawkes.

76394 ($40) - This is the only one I don't have any super-solid ideas on, but my best guess is that it could be a new Dumbledore's Office. The build would be a tall (and rather inaccurate) tower, with a small corridor section off to the side. Figures could include Harry, Dumbledore, perched Fawkes (same from CMF), Lucius (same from DA, unfortunately), and Dobby...'s Sock. (I had to.) Oh, and a Golden Snape.

76395 ($30) - Hogwarts Quidditch Class (Soft-Confirmed) (We know one of these sets is Quidditch, and @Guyon2002 had to check his sources for the rumor that the $30 set was a Quidditch Class Moments, which makes me think that it is a $30 Quidditch set, just not Moments). New-style castle module, based on the location of Quidditch Practice from PS, but also including a small tower, which will include McGonagall's office. Not sure what the lower interior could include. Figures (not including the statue) would be the new Hooch, Neville (w/ Remembrall and new face), Harry, and Golden Draco.

Again, 76391 is confirmed to be Wizard Chess, 76395 is essentially confirmed to be a Flying Lesson, and one of the remaining three is hinted to be a brickbuilt Fawkes. The rest is all speculation.

My apologies to Golden Hagrid. Though he would be the jewel of my collection, I just can't see LEGO making four recolors for a one-off special figure.

But that's my list. I think it's a good blend of cool anniversary sets people will incessantly whine about and cool non-minifig-scale brickbuilds people will whine about. Below is my mini-dissertation on why I think 76393 will be a giant brickbuilt Harry minifig.

5 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

lego-harry-potter-model-sweepstakes_1_1fSo, the $120 set isn't a minifig-scale set. It's also not quite a brickbuilt creature or bust. It's probably also not a brickbuilt Sword of Gryffindor, since that's not a feasible LEGO set, or a brickbuilt Sorting Hat, since that would look awful.

Here's my prediction.

So, back in 2001, LEGO did a giveaway at ToysRUs stores where the grand prize was a large brickbuilt statue of a minifigure Harry Potter (image above).

My prediction is that the $120 set will be a throwback to this, and will be a modernized brickbuilt version of the 2018 Harry figure.

This is something that I could imagine many people finding to be extremely disappointing (though I, personally, would love it). A giant LEGO Harry figure is something kids would love, hence why LEGO would see it as a good thing to produce. This fits the parameters of being a brickbuilt... something that isn't a bust or creature. And $120 is the same price as the LEGO Originals Wooden Minifigure. 

This is definitely a bit far-fetched, but I'm starting to think it or something of this ilk might be coming.

13 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

He said "Well again it’s not confirmed to be a expansion but I don’t think it will just the chess set", which is definitely not confirmation

Why didn't he then said that it's just speculation in his post on IG? This wouldn't be smart if he isn't sure

4 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

76394 ($40) - This is the only one I don't have any super-solid ideas on, but my best guess is that it could be a new Dumbledore's Office. The build would be a tall (and rather inaccurate) tower, with a small corridor section off to the side. Figures could include Harry, Dumbledore, perched Fawkes (same from CMF), Lucius (same from DA, unfortunately), and Dobby...'s Sock. (I had to.) Oh, and a Golden Snape.

I actually think the Chamber of Secrets set could contain Dumbledore's Office, with a Defence against the Dark Arts classroom in the floor underneath. Dumbledore, the sword of Gryffindor and possibly Fawkes and the Sorting Hat will all be included in this set so it makes sense to have a room to display them, as well as a place for Harry to take Tom Riddle's diary after fighting the Basilisk - this set would make much sense as a location for the Headmaster's Office than the Clocktower did with its pathetic attempt at a pensieve! 

3 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I actually think the Chamber of Secrets set could contain Dumbledore's Office, with a Defence against the Dark Arts classroom in the floor underneath. Dumbledore, the sword of Gryffindor and possibly Fawkes and the Sorting Hat will all be included in this set so it makes sense to have a room to display them, as well as a place for Harry to take Tom Riddle's diary after fighting the Basilisk - this set would make much sense as a location for the Headmaster's Office than the Clocktower did with its pathetic attempt at a pensieve! 

I agree with that, it's just that I literally can't think of a single thing from the first two movies that could make a $40 set that isn't too recent to get again, and didn't want to leave that spot empty.

If it's a pair of figures, maybe Dumbledore and Harry based on the Erised scene. Else Hagrid and Fang with finally a moulded Fang to go with it. Or Dumbledore and Fawkes. Idk

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Dang, I wish I had your ability to predict the future, like the sales of a theme that came out a mere three weeks ago :tongue: “I don’t like it, therefore it stinks and sells poorly” is not as logically sound as many AFOLs may believe :grin:

Well if it makes any difference, I’m speaking from what I’ve talked about with my managers at the LEGO store, which are pretty adamant that the theme is impossible to describe/sell to kids. We hardly sell any

Yea I’m being overly dramatic but hey it comes from my passion for the series. I guess we’ll find out how it does soon enough. I’d put money down on a $250 chess set not being popular with the mainstream crowd.

Edited by Modal

22 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I agree with that, it's just that I literally can't think of a single thing from the first two movies that could make a $40 set that isn't too recent to get again, and didn't want to leave that spot empty.

Hmm...Wonder if all the sets for the Anniversary line wrap around the Chess Set, making a sort of castle with nearly all Chamber of Secrets-era scenes. Therefore the other sets will show the scenes getting to the Room where the final battle occurs. 

2 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Hmm...Wonder if all the sets for the Anniversary line wrap around the Chess Set, making a sort of castle with nearly all Chamber of Secrets-era scenes. Therefore the other sets will show the scenes getting to the Room where the final battle occurs. 

LEGO's recommended arrangement for the sets is pretty much just a straight line.

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

Well if it makes any difference, I’m speaking from what I’ve talked about with my managers at the LEGO store, which are pretty adamant that the theme is impossible to describe/sell to kids. We hardly sell any

That may well be the case, but that’s still just anecdotal evidence :wink: And the theme may need a while to warm up. My point was just that it’s way too early to tell, especially in the toy business :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Prometheus87 said:

Therefore the other sets will show the scenes getting to the Room where the final battle occurs. 

Which would make no sense minifig-wise since the only characters involved in the whole sequence are the trio and Quirrell. Not enough to serve as the basis for even two sets, let alone three or four :tongue:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

:innocent:

This is my only reaction, and as you can tell it’s not a Rickroll.

Man this topic has taken off! I've been trying to follow, but as usual there is alot in here!

Is the consensus at this point, that this year will be this new anniversary line? And then hopefully next year return to finish off the previously current line?

Or are we in permanent reboot city?

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

:innocent:

LMAO it’s like they’re trying to make the most unappealing 2021 wave they possibly can for me :iamded_lol:

So to sum up today’s revelations:

• 76391 is a chess set
  • 76392 is a pair of brick-built characters
  • 76393, 94 or 95 is Fawkes
  • One of two that isn’t Fawkes includes Hooch

Am I missing something? :classic:

2 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

I haven't heard anything I don't like at the moment, but it will all depends on how it will look.

Just now, Modal said:

LMAO it’s like they’re trying to make the most unappealing 2021 wave they possibly can for me :iamded_lol:

Like I said, reactions were going to be very mixed and different from person to person. "One mans trash is another's treasure".

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

So to sum up today’s revelations:

• 76391 is a chess set
  • 76392 is a pair of brick-built characters
  • 76393, 94 or 95 is Fawkes
  • One of two that isn’t Fawkes includes Hooch

Am I missing something? :classic:

Fawkes is 92, the brick-built characters are 93.

Honestly I think LEGO is seeing how popular sets like the Bonsai Tree and Flowers and Hedwig are and are planning accordingly. It’s just how many of these kind of sets do we need before it’s stale

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

Obviously thought it would be too unfair on me to make the UCS Gunship and a good Harry Potter wave in the same year.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fawkes is 92, the brick-built characters are 93.

Whoops, I forgot the prices are in a weird order for this wave :laugh:

I assume 76395 is the one with Hooch, leaving only 76394 for something else. At that price point, Hagrid's Hut and most of the other remake ideas are out the window too. Any ideas? :tongue:

Lego are saving me quite a lot of money this summer. I have zero regrets now about using my points towards the Winnie the Pooh set. At least I'm going to get the Home Alone house this Christmas, too.