Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

If those Cornish Pixies are coming in the Great Hall, that bumps up my current rating for the set from a 7/10 to an 8/10.  Really excited to finally get those pesky little things represented in LEGO form!  Hopefully the fact that these were not in the preliminary pictures means there's a chance a flying Fawkes could also be included.

If the $250 set is of the chess scene, I'd have to see pictures to judge it, but a build similar to 852293 would definitely be impressive, plus that set goes for a lot these days, so a similar giant LEGO chess board might have a decent amount of appeal.

Edited by spiderfan2000

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t speak for him of course, but as long as he doesn‘t get permission from his source, I think he won‘t publically confirm or deny anything :wink: Our best chance is if someone else leaks the entire list (like promobricks) or if the names appear on a retailer‘s website

Bingo.

This is out of my hands.

7 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

True, true, but I just can't imagine many people leaping for a $250 chess set. 

Yeah its gonna flop hard, specialy between the kids... I can imagine there arent many parents who would buy their kids $250 chess and at the same time there arent many kinds who would be interested in something like that

Edited by Textorix

Keep in mind that none of this is confirmed yet, but at least it sounds plausible :shrug_oh_well: Makes me wonder if any of those two are supposed to be „shocking“, because so far nothing has truly managed to shock any of us I presume. Maybe it‘s the opposite of a self-fulfilling prophecy and by warning us, FalconFan prevented us from being surprised by any of this :laugh_hard:

I probably don't understand something, but I always thought that it means something if someone can't deny info. Why not, if it's not true?

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Keep in mind that none of this is confirmed yet, but at least it sounds plausible :shrug_oh_well: Makes me wonder if any of those two are supposed to be „shocking“, because so far nothing has truly managed to shock any of us I presume. Maybe it‘s the opposite of a self-fulfilling prophecy and by warning us, FalconFan prevented us from being surprised by any of this :laugh_hard:

I have still hope that $30, $40 and $70 sets are great minifigure scale playsets 

6 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If those Cornish Pixies are coming in the Great Hall, that bumps up my current rating for the set from a 7/10 to an 8/10.  Really excited to finally get those pesky little things represented in LEGO form!  Hopefully the fact that these were not in the preliminary pictures means there's a chance a flying Fawkes could also be included.

If the $250 set is of the chess scene, I'd have to see pictures to judge it, but a build similar to 852293 would definitely be impressive, plus that set goes for a lot these days, so a similar giant LEGO chess board might have a decent amount of appeal.

I like the idea of a wingspread Fawkes like we have with Hedwig. (I'm also hoping for a gold wingspread Hedwig for the owl lecturn Dumbledore reads from PoA and onwards)

Even though I love the chess scene in the film, I don't know how many people will want to buy a very pricey chess set. Also certain poses like the crouched pawns and the sword held by the king would be hard to do with the minifigures. I just dont see how it could be done accurately and worth the price.

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I have still hope that $30, $40 and $70 sets are great minifigure scale playsets 

So do I. The smallest one is most likely the flying lesson one, which sounds neat, especially if comes with a new Remembrall. The other two are complete wildcards... Personally, I hope the bigger one is Hagrid‘s hut (PS version) with Norberta and Fang. No idea what the smaller one could be, but I assume another PS/CoS set as well. Duelling club?

So are LEGO just scrapping the castles that have come out already and making a new version now? I’m quite confused with this wave I have to say. 

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

So do I. The smallest one is most likely the flying lesson one, which sounds neat, especially if comes with a new Remembrall. The other two are complete wildcards... Personally, I hope the bigger one is Hagrid‘s hut (PS version) with Norberta and Fang. No idea what the smaller one could be, but I assume another PS/CoS set as well. Duelling club?

Duelling club would be awesome but it also could be Troll in bathroom set or Qudditch remake

2 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

So are LEGO just scrapping the castles that have come out already and making a new version now? I’m quite confused with this wave I have to say. 

There is still hope that they will return to it next year but if this anniversary sets will be succesful they will maybe continue with reboot. If that is the case, I will just moc rest of the 2018-2020 castle layout...

Edited by Textorix

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Duelling club?

20 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Duelling club would be awesome

Won't the Duelling Club be included in the June Great Hall set? 

I think it makes more sense that way tbh.

My guess for the $40 August set is for a Troll Bathroom set

2 minutes ago, OutlandishCandle said:

Won't the Duelling Club be included in the June Great Hall set? 

I think it makes more sense that way tbh.

I don‘t think there‘s enough space for the DADA classroom AND the dueling club though. Sure, Justin‘s presence in the set is a bit suspicious, but if the two are both integrated into that set, that would mean we wouldn‘t get Lockhart‘s dueling club outfit. Like, ever :tongue: I wouldn‘t lose sleep over that, but it‘d still be a bit annoying

8 minutes ago, OutlandishCandle said:

My guess for the $40 August set is for a Troll Bathroom set

I think 597 piece it too much for bathroom

I got my Vidiyo Candy Mermaid minifigure a couple of days ago .. on seeing this figure ‘in the flesh’ so to speak I realise how well the tail piece would lend itself to the merpeople from the lake .. it makes the figure taller than regular ones and it’s hardly the usual mermaid fin shape like Ariel. Here’s hoping they use it eventually 👍🏼

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

- -that would mean we wouldn‘t get Lockhart‘s dueling club outfit. Like, ever :tongue: I wouldn‘t lose sleep over that, but it‘d still be a bit annoying

Hes perfect for a cmf, Give him a double sided and printed cape!  and of course it would come with a printed portrait of himself.

I would like a proper Snape figure without his robe as well. there are more opportunities for that than the duel though.

If its not the dueling club in the "great hall" part of the castle, then what? more random tables?

Oh, that pixie caught me off guard, I didn't think we'd get them this year. I quite like it but I think it would work better with a solid color (medium blue/dark azure). Perhaps they chose this opalescent color to make them more distinguishable in the environment, which is fine. I hope there's at least 4 in the set.

36 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Duelling club would be awesome but it also could be Troll in bathroom set or Qudditch remake

There is still hope that they will return to it next year but if this anniversary sets will be succesful they will maybe continue with reboot. If that is the case, I will just moc rest of the 2018-2020 castle layout...

It’s confused me a lot, but I do feel like a reboot could be welcome.  Like I feel the Gryfindoor common room and dorm needs to be done properly, as does the Slytherin common room and dorm.  However there was a lot of rooms-areas they have left out of the way the castle is going now.  I did always feel like the rooms were just too small in the new wave. 

Just now, BenderBrau said:

Oh, that pixie caught me off guard, I didn't think we'd get them this year. I quite like it but I think it would work better with a solid color (medium blue/dark azure). Perhaps they chose this opalescent color to make them more distinguishable in the environment, which is fine. I hope there's at least 4 in the set.

My immediate reaction that that is 4!! that is too many,  but then i remembers we did actually get 4 mandrakes in astronomy tower.

still feels a bit too optimistic to think 4.

Just now, deskp said:

Hes perfect for a cmf, Give him a double sided and printed cape!  and of course it would come with a printed portrait of himself

To me, the perfect CMF Lockhart would have had a Cornish pixie as an accessory, but now that that‘s being taken care of, I can‘t really muster up any excitement for a CMF Lockhart anymore :tongue: A dueling club Lockhart would be a wasted slot in my opinion

3 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

I got my Vidiyo Candy Mermaid minifigure a couple of days ago .. on seeing this figure ‘in the flesh’ so to speak I realise how well the tail piece would lend itself to the merpeople from the lake .. it makes the figure taller than regular ones and it’s hardly the usual mermaid fin shape like Ariel. Here’s hoping they use it eventually 👍🏼

That's be cool. 8 think the upright mermaid piece used for Mer-Bat in the Lego Batman CMF series would also be an option as it's very tall and some bts from Goblet has done of the mermaids floating in upright positions.

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

I did always feel like the rooms were just too small in the new wave. 

They had a sizable room in the astronomy tower, but they wasted that on a completely usless version of the potions class.  

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

To me, the perfect CMF Lockhart would have had a Cornish pixie as an accessory, but now that that‘s being taken care of, I can‘t really muster up any excitement for a CMF Lockhart anymore :tongue: A dueling club Lockhart would be a wasted slot in my opinion

Much less off a waste than another student in a robe. (Neville Neville Neville)  :pir-wink:

I think I've said it here before but if they ever do anymore classroom books I'd like to see books for:

Defence Against the Dark Arts: either based on Chamber or Prisoner, can have the dragon skeleton printed on an upper sticker. Then paintings of Lockhart or the cabinet the Boggart's in, pixies or horned skulls, another sticker showing the stairs to the office room. Figs: Lockhart or Lupin, Neville & Dean Thomas.

Divination: Tables, chairs, Crystal balls and teacups, the stickers could be big billowy curtains over windows. Figs: Trelawny, Ron & Parvati Patil.

Care of Magic Creatures: Set outdoors, sticker could show Hagrid's hut in the background, trees in the background, Buckbeak flying overhead. (maybe even some nifflers from Goblet of Fire when they study them, and a campfire). Figs: Hagrid, Draco & Hermione.

Flying/Quidditch: Another more outdoor set, maybe have a broom closet, a play feature to fly a broom up and down. A socket could have the statue Neville gets stuck on. Figs: Madam Hooch, Harry & Seamus. (or Oliver Wood)

14 minutes ago, deskp said:

Much less off a waste than another student in a robe. (Neville Neville Neville)  :pir-wink:

I don‘t disagree, but at this point, the trio, Dumbledore, Neville, and Luna are a fixed part of the roster, so every other slot counts, especially if the 12-minifig-approach persists :grin:

Oh, just seeing Cornish Pixie. Are we expecting them in Chamber of Secrets sets, aren't we?
Nice fig, but it wouldn't change my prelim rating on that set (8/10).

Hey, but this is a Lockhart triumph :snicker:  
- Diagon Alley signing book scene;
- DADA Class with Cornish Pixies;
- Chamber of Secrets scene;

What it's missing?
- Dueling Club scene, but this could be inside the Great Hall in Chamber of Secrets set;
- Quidditch match scene;

I'm excited we are getting the Pixie's, but how could they miss the mark so bad? LEGO's Sand Blue colour is literally the same colour as the Cornish Pixies in the movies! And there's no indication in the film or book that they are translucent! Lol.