Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, Legofania said:

That's not even the worst news. I read somewhere that they're gonna change Emma Watson if she won't agree to return to her role. I guess the same will happen to Rupert, since he decided not to be actor anymore, though I'm not sure how true is it

Rupert Grint who was in the ABC Murders a year or so ago? Where did you hear that he decided to stop acting? 

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

Rupert Grint who was in the ABC Murders a year or so ago? Where did you hear that he decided to stop acting? 

He didn’t. That’s bad info. He’s starring in a new show by M. Night Shamalan called Servant on Apple+ and was recently spotted at an abandoned mansion down the road from me where they are filming it. 

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

If this is the case, what brick-built items (not creatures) do you think we could get? I think some serious contenders could be the Sword of Gryffindor, the Horcruxes, the Elder Wand (maybe a whole series of Wizarding World wands), or even (gag) the Sorting Hat 💩.

I remember a possibly apocryphal story from the early years of Potter merchandise where they (not LEGO, a different toy company) had to recall a line of Nimbus 2000 brooms with a vibrating function, because of complaints from parents whose kids were running round the house with a vibrating stick between their legs :pir_laugh2:

So I think that would be a pretty terrible set! 

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

If this is the case, what brick-built items (not creatures) do you think we could get? I think some serious contenders could be the Sword of Gryffindor, the Horcruxes, the Elder Wand (maybe a whole series of Wizarding World wands), or even (gag) the Sorting Hat 💩.

I think most of the objects like Horcruxes, wands, brooms would be a bit boring/repetitive to build so creatures like Dobby or Buckbeak might be more likely especially given the success of the Hedwig set and buildable Star Wars characters.  The only thing that would appeal about magical objects would be if they came with new minifig scale moulds too e.g. Firebolt, Elder wand. 

10 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

If this is the case, what brick-built items (not creatures) do you think we could get?

Brick-built helmets (star wars style)? Because I can't imagine anything else being "very disappointing"

Edited by JintaiZ

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Getting similar items for LEGO Harry Potter would be disappointing and require some severely lowered expectations for me, per @Guyon2002’s hints.

Thanks for reminding me why dunking on CC and WB’s decision-making was so much more fun than that particular on-topic discussion :laugh_hard: The prospect of the August wave just bums me out when seeing what Marvel has to offer this year :cry_sad:

Imagine getting s handful of August sets on top of a highly-anticipated June wave that won‘t be a huge disappointment :tongue: I‘d say I envy Marvel fans, but I don‘t because I am one myself

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks for reminding me why dunking on CC and WB’s decision-making was so much more fun than that particular on-topic discussion :laugh_hard: The prospect of the August wave just bums me out when seeing what Marvel has to offer this year :cry_sad:

Imagine getting s handful of August sets on top of a highly-anticipated June wave that won‘t be a huge disappointment :tongue: I‘d say I envy Marvel fans, but I don‘t because I am one myself

At least you can afford the Marvel sets with the money you save not buying the Harry Potter sets you don't want! 

13 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

At least you can afford the Marvel sets with the money you save not buying the Harry Potter sets you don't want! 

Two issues:

1. I‘m a completionist (sort of), not buying sets is simply out of the question, which is why I want them to be good :tongue:
  2. As a single adult with disposable income, I buy whatever sets my dark heart desires without hesitating for even a split-second. At this point, I may just as well wire my account to LEGO‘s :laugh_hard:So saving money for another theme is no incentive to me, even if I wasn‘t a completionist (sort of)

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

As a single adult with disposable income, I buy whatever sets my dark heart desires without hesitating for even a split-second.

The AFOL's curse! I've already spent half of the excess money from my last paycheck on Lego this month - they just keep making stuff I want. 

45 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

If this is the case, what brick-built items (not creatures) do you think we could get?

Oh, well, why not Dumbledore's Pensieve with Horcruxes? Maybe with special Harry and Voldemort minifigures as a plus.

For me, this would really mean lowing my expectarions a lot!

Edited by BrickMatit

Buildable Goblet Of Fire or Triwizard Cup. Lego seems to like making multiple versions of those. :tongue:

Otherwise, non-creature I would think could only be wands, Sorting Hat, Chocolate Frog cards, books, Horcruxes.

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Chocolate Frog cards

Imagine Lego giving us all our most-wanted characters... as printed tiles in the middle of a buildable frog card! 

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Otherwise, non-creature I would think could only be wands, Sorting Hat, Chocolate Frog cards, books, Horcruxes.

I would actually be 100% here for a beautifully designed chocolate frog box that opens up and reveals a brick-built chocolate frog. I’ve wanted one ever since I saw this piece on LEGO Ideas:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/642ce72d-0872-48ef-a27b-a6bbeecc9027/application/d4aa3d87-f18d-40b5-a5ea-8a66fbc9b29d

I could actually see a nice little display set focused on the sweets of Honeydukes. Buildable chocolate frogs box, buildable Bertie’s Bott’s box, maybe a buildable swirly lollipop 🍭 like the one invisible Harry snatches from Neville in POA.

33 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I would actually be 100% here for a beautifully designed chocolate frog box that opens up and reveals a brick-built chocolate frog. I’ve wanted one ever since I saw this piece on LEGO Ideas:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/642ce72d-0872-48ef-a27b-a6bbeecc9027/application/d4aa3d87-f18d-40b5-a5ea-8a66fbc9b29d

I could actually see a nice little display set focused on the sweets of Honeydukes. Buildable chocolate frogs box, buildable Bertie’s Bott’s box, maybe a buildable swirly lollipop 🍭 like the one invisible Harry snatches from Neville in POA.

The Chocolate Frog card is probably the only non-creature build that might still be interesting, although by no means would I actively choose it over minifigure 'normal' system sets. That is a good chocolate frog though - very dynamic. :classic: I've seen the card created by Daan De Ruijter and thought it was a cute design http://www.brickfinder.net/2018/07/31/lego-chocolate-frog-card-harry-potter/

2 hours ago, Yope said:

Given the hints we've been kindly given I suspect that whilst more anniversary sets are on the cards (our expectations are to be linked to the June wave and we'd surely get a gold Dumbledore if we're getting a gold Voldemort), the possible sets I've mentioned above seem a bit too "good to be true" and I feel like we're maybe more likely to get non-minifig scale sets instead.

Non-minifig scale sets is definition of you will be suprised how bad can it get and you are in for a shock. If we get something like june sets but based more on PoA and GoF I would be more happy than disappointed.

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Non-minifig scale sets is definition of you will be suprised how bad can it get and you are in for a shock. If we get something like june sets but based more on PoA and GoF I would be more happy than disappointed.

Me too. I've lowered my expectations so much that anything with new minifigures will be welcome.

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

If we get something like june sets but based more on PoA and GoF I would be more happy than disappointed.

I wouldn't care if all the sets were just differently-shaped pipes for Myrtle's bathroom, if there was an Ernie Macmillan minifigure somewhere in the mix.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

At this point, I may just as well wire my account to LEGO‘s 

Honestly tempting to put this quote as my forum signature. Too relatable... 😂

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Here’s some interesting news to discuss. It’s just been leaked that the upcoming LEGO Marvel set #76191 will be a brick-built Infinity Gauntlet with all the Infinity Stones. It will be 590 pieces for $69.99.

Getting similar items for LEGO Harry Potter would be disappointing and require some severely lowered expectations for me, per @Guyon2002’s hints.

I could see them making a brick built Nimbus 2000 or Firebolt.

Honestly, I could definitely see something like "build your wand" happening :laugh_hard:

Not that it's likely or anything, but it seems like something that fits "lower your expectations".

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Honestly, I could definitely see something like "build your wand" happening :laugh_hard:

Not that it's likely or anything, but it seems like something that fits "lower your expectations".

I actually think this is the one thing we will never get. There aren't any wands that are visually iconic, and the shape isn't distinctive enough to sell well. It would just be a selection of black and brown bricks and maybe instructions for prefab segments - good for parts, maybe, but not really a Leo set. 

16 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I actually think this is the one thing we will never get. There aren't any wands that are visually iconic, and the shape isn't distinctive enough to sell well. It would just be a selection of black and brown bricks and maybe instructions for prefab segments - good for parts, maybe, but not really a Leo set. 

No, I meant YOUR wand. Make it yourself. 

But yeah, like that's gonna happen.

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No, I meant YOUR wand. Make it yourself. 

But yeah, like that's gonna happen.

That's the thing - it would just be a brick pack.

6 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

That's the thing - it would just be a brick pack.

I mean sure, but it's not like Lego doesn't make brick packs.