Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly if LEGO chooses to reuse the Diagon Alley robes in the Bathroom, Fluffy and Hogwarts sets (potentially creating one for Hufflepuff as well) I'll be incredibly happy!

I can agree with that! Echoing others, it does seem odd that they'd create the robe torso for a set where it's out of place, unless they planned to make use of it the following year.

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

I can agree with that! Echoing others, it does seem odd that they'd create the robe torso for a set where it's out of place, unless they planned to make use of it the following year.

Fingers crossed that ends up being the case!

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

the robe torso for a set where it's out of place

I don't think that torso is completely out of place. Harry, Ron and Hermione in that scene (Gilderoy Lockhart book signing) wear a cape with Gryffindor crest on it over their plain clothes. In the movie, anyway, their capes haven't hoods.

Really out of place is Draco's torso, cause Lego gives him school uniform under the cape.

One thing I noticed: Draco's robe in Diagon Alley set has a different style crest between that one of the robe Draco wears in Astronomy Tower set. The first has the same style of Slytherin quidditch robe crest while the second has the same style of Gryffindor robes one (with different colours).

Edited by BrickMatit

4 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Really out of place is Draco's torso, cause Lego gives him school uniform under the cape.

That was the torso I was referring to. I get making the Gryffindor robes for screen accuracy, but why make Slytherin robes when Malfoy doesn't wear them, unless they're planning on making further use of the robes - either specifically using the Slytherin robes again or intending to represent all four houses.

5 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

using the Slytherin robes again

Crabbe and Goyle fingers crossing with us :laugh:

Just now, BrickMatit said:

Don't forget Nott.

(Everyone forgets Nott).

The discussion of trees earlier has gotten me thinking about us not getting a forest set with this year's primary wave. It's a shame since I think last year the format was really perfected. The forest sets were never my favorites but they were always a bit of fun and the last two gave us some nice figures. 

The only thing I can maybe see us getting this year is an Aragog's lair remake as the $30 set including Aragog with some larger legs and a more substantial lair. It would fit well with the brickbuilt creatures theme of the June wave and it would be a very easy skip for those of us with the original (unless they include Fang). The only thing that makes me think that's unlikely is that if LEGO was going to make a larger set for the scene I imagine they would want to include a Ford Anglia and it's probably too early for another one of those even for LEGO. 

Maybe this will just be a tree free year then? (Other than the advent calendar which will probably have 1-3)

1 minute ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The only thing that makes me think that's unlikely is that if LEGO was going to make a larger set for the scene I imagine they would want to include a Ford Anglia and it's probably too early for another one of those even for LEGO. 

I don't think there's any reason to necessarily assume that a Ford Anglia has to come with a remade Aragog set. Both previous Aragog sets fell in the 150-200 piece range, and both are pretty barebones in terms of forest. If Lego wanted to do a ÂŁ30 Aragog's Lair, I don't see where the car would fit - adding it to the previous sets would pretty much max out the part count for a ÂŁ30 quid set, and that's before you've even started to tackle the actual lair (and bearing in mind, the last Aragog set included a single tree and some spiders; there's the whole pit full of spiders they could create, if they wanted to go big).

Hi, I looked back several pages to no avail, would somebody mind pointing me in the general direction of the latest "pictures" to come out? Thanks!

On 3/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, Textorix said:

Speaking about august sets, what would "lower your expectations” mean for you in the worst and in the best scenario?

For me the best scenario would mean no DH sets at all and sets would be anniversary ones too. We would get Gringotts but as 129.99 set and it would be based on PS. Other sets would be Whomping Willow but based on POA, Quiddich remake based on POA and smallest set would be Duel lesson with Lockhart. D2C set would be motorized Hogwarts express with Hogsmeade station.

Worst case scenario would mean we get buildable Fawkes as 129.99 set, lego chess boardgame set, remake of Hagrids hut and Dobbys release remake from 2010. D2C would be smaller microscale (even more micro than normal micro :D) Hogwarts with castle and entire landscape around it.

Best case would be (i know this is a pipe dream for a LOT of reasons, but still):

1. $249 D2C Ministry of Magic with Prophecy room, long corridor with flu network, large open atrium, Court room

2. $119 Gringotts Building to add to DA set

3. $59 Underground Gringotts pt 1 with Dragon, Vaults that all fits under DA  

4. $39 Underground Gringotts pt 2 with Rail carts that all fits under DA

5. $29 Hogwarts extension (decent courtyard or covered bridge)

Worst Case would be:

Dobbys sock, Helmet style builds, Brickheads, etc

6 hours ago, MischiefManaged said:

Best case would be (i know this is a pipe dream for a LOT of reasons, but still):

1. $249 D2C Ministry of Magic with Prophecy room, long corridor with flu network, large open atrium, Court room

Worst Case would be:

Brick heads have different set numbers - same goes for art sets for example.

8 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Don't forget Nott.

(Everyone forgets Nott).

I don't think Nott appears in the films, only Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bulstrode, as well as members of the Quidditch team and movie only characters. 

14 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

She has a bigger role than Charlie Weasley. Make of that what you will. 

Well Charlie doesn't even had a role. He was only mentioned once and that's all

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I don't think Nott appears in the films, only Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bulstrode, as well as members of the Quidditch team and movie only characters. 

Nott is in Prisoner of Azkaban, one of Malfoy's hangers-on. 

2 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Well Charlie doesn't even had a role. He was only mentioned once and that's all

In the Weasley family photo, you can see him in the background. 

9 hours ago, MischiefManaged said:

Worst Case would be:

How would you make Gringotts able connect to DA while at the same time you would want some extra sets to go under it? What would go under rest of DA buildings? They would just levitate in the air :D But this is the same case with some people who wanted CoS set to be able to go under 2018 Great Hall, its impossible. 

Edited by Textorix

48 minutes ago, Textorix said:

How would you make Gringotts able connect to DA while at the same time you would want some extra sets to go under it?

That's the reason why I saw two different sets for Gringott as a likely idea: a modular one, able to connect with Diagon Alley or to keep as a stand alone; a second one, not connectable (of course, one can always mod it), with vaults and dragon for the DH scene.

19 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

That's the reason why I saw two different sets for Gringott as a likely idea: a modular one, able to connect with Diagon Alley or to keep as a stand alone; a second one, not connectable (of course, one can always mod it), with vaults and dragon for the DH scene.

I wouldn’t want an add on Gringotts set that couldn’t connect. I think it could easily be done as one set, the extras wouldn’t need to take up that much space. Have the main lobby and then have rails and vaults in the back and a dragon that could go anywhere you want

13 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Or maybe poly juice crabbe and goyle

12 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The discussion of trees earlier has gotten me thinking about us not getting a forest set with this year's primary wave. It's a shame since I think last year the format was really perfected. The forest sets were never my favorites but they were always a bit of fun and the last two gave us some nice figures. 

The only thing I can maybe see us getting this year is an Aragog's lair remake as the $30 set including Aragog with some larger legs and a more substantial lair. It would fit well with the brickbuilt creatures theme of the June wave and it would be a very easy skip for those of us with the original (unless they include Fang). The only thing that makes me think that's unlikely is that if LEGO was going to make a larger set for the scene I imagine they would want to include a Ford Anglia and it's probably too early for another one of those even for LEGO. 

Maybe this will just be a tree free year then? (Other than the advent calendar which will probably have 1-3)

Or maybe the scene where voldemort uses the killing curse on Harry in front of the death eaters 

37 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think it could easily be done as one set

Yes, that's another possibility but I think for Lego would be better going with two sets, maybe able to connect each other: one set with surface part of the bank (facade, main entry, goblin's desks), one set with underground sections (vaults and railways) and dragon. In this case, if you want to recreate DH scene or you haven't much money, you'll pick the second set; if you want to complete your Diagon Alley and you have money, you'll pick the first one and probably also the second.

In any case, I think Lego, if they will produce Gringott, won't put one part below the other, like they haven't put Chamber of secrets under the 2018 Great Hall.

Edited by BrickMatit

39 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

So Cuaron made up another character when there was a student he could have used? Add that to the list of reasons why Cuaron should not have been given a Harry Potter film. 

The story is something like he was needed for some of the more 'action' scenes with Draco's gang in POA because the actor who played Goyle had hurt his arm and so could not fulfil that role. Could Pike have called been called Nott? Absolutely, although Nott was not so thoroughly connected with Draco in the books, but it would have kept it more faithful than creating a character. 

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

So Cuaron made up another character when there was a student he could have used? Add that to the list of reasons why Cuaron should not have been given a Harry Potter film. 

1. Cuarón was the film’s director, not its writer
  2. Isn’t that a tiny bit extreme? He replaced a random student with another random student, hardly a crime :tongue:
1 hour ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Or maybe the scene where voldemort uses the killing curse on Harry in front of the death eaters 

So basically a remake of the 2011 set? I wouldn’t mind that if it includes Narcissa like the old one did