Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, doclord said:

maybe it's part of a set that features Pomfrey and Penelope

I genuinely don't know where Penelope would fit, unless there's a hospital wing set (actually, that might work, with Madam Pomfrey, a petrified Hermione and a new printed tile with the "pipes" scrawl). On the off chance she does come this year, though, it wouldn't surprise me if Percy turned up in the same set. After all, given how little he had to do in the latter-day films, Percy essentially only has one key scene - confronting Crabbe & Goyle in the dungeon - and given Crabbe & Goyle are coming in June, that scene won't be for a while. There was no Percy in the Burrow either, so I'm wondering when we'll get him at all.

Incidentally, both Penelope and Percy were prefects. If Lego were to introduce torsos with the prefect badge on the uniform, they could check off Gryffindor and Ravenclaw together. Add Pansy Parkinson and Ernie Macmillan to the list and you have yourself the set.

17 minutes ago, Textorix said:

They look so bad because they are based on outdated 2001-2002 build design which is also the reason some people like them because nostalgia thing.

Eh, I don't think you can distill it to nostalgia alone. I personally quite like the June sets, and while I was collecting Lego at the time of the original release, I wasn't into the Harry Potter sets at the time, so the only one I have is Dobby's Release - which is far far worse than any of the sets slated for this year!

7 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Was Penelope even in the movie? I can't remember her there

She wasn't really shown in the movie - just as an extra and acknowledged by Nick when she's walking with Percy. And she wasn't petrified in the movie. 

13 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Was Penelope even in the movie? I can't remember her there

She has a bigger role than Charlie Weasley. Make of that what you will. 

31 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Eh, I don't think you can distill it to nostalgia alone. I personally quite like the June sets, and while I was collecting Lego at the time of the original release, I wasn't into the Harry Potter sets at the time, so the only one I have is Dobby's Release - which is far far worse than any of the sets slated for this year!

I quite like june sets as well. I love Hogsmeade, I kinda like bathroom set, Fluffy, Basilisk and other minifigures. The only thing I complain about being bad is Great Hall and Forbidden Coridor build which is just very poor and lacks details. We have been used to some stardard with this theme for last 3 years and this june wave doesnt meet that. I wouldnt have a problem with 2nd Great Hall version or green roofs if the build was decent enough.

Edited by Textorix

3 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Touché. :sceptic::iamded_lol:

However, I think the fact that it was the re-introduction of the theme explains this. What I meant was, it feels like Lego have been extremely stringy with new moulds (and to some extent new prints) with this theme. 

Lego has not been stingy with new molds for HP at all, I think they went above and beyond what they needed. The Stag Patronus (My favorite Lego piece ever), The Rabbit Patronus, The Otter Patronus, Buckbeak, Centaurs, Fluffy, Basilisk, Beauxbaton’s hairpiece, there have been a lot of great new moulds for HP.  The only noticeable one is Fang but I think Lego really killed it in the creature department thus far. I think the biggest criticism is new faces, but meh I’ll take new molds over faces any day. 

Just now, Textorix said:

The only thing I complain about being bad is Great Hall and Forbidden Coridor build which is just very poor and lacks details.

If they're going for the retro look, hopefully the big rock pieces make an appearance. The newer, smaller panels are too flimsy imo

Does anyone have a link to the prelim pics people keep mentioning?

I can't find them anywhere

4 minutes ago, Papa2308 said:

As far as I know they were removed some time back. Your best bet is someone PMing you, who happens to have them saved. 

22 minutes ago, Papa2308 said:

I’ll float you a DM

Out of curiosity: how much would your opinion on the 3 Hogwarts sets change if all students turn out to have the Hogwarts Moments jumpers? 

I personally have great dislike for the design so if this would end up being the case I'd just get the Basilisk, Fluffy and the few figures I do want off BL. 

Edited by Guyon2002
Note: this is merely a question, doesn't have anything to do with rumors or knowledge or whatever.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Out of curiosity: how much would your opinion on the 3 Hogwarts sets change if all students turn out to have the Hogwarts Moments jumpers? 

I personally have great dislike for the design so if this would end up being the case I'd just get the Basilisk, Fluffy and the few figures I do want off BL. 

If only for this wave - not ideal, but at least we'd get a Hufflepuff one to complete the set for those of us who want the Moments torsos as prefects. 

It's be a shame to miss an opportunity for three normal Slytherin torsos in the Bathroom set, and three normal Gryffindor in the CoS (although we've had a ton of them already so not so much of an issue)

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The polyjuice set i would still get, for a 20€ set with cat hermione, crabbe and goyle it would still be ok for me (i’m still thinking of moc’ing the set to try and connect it with the perfects bathroom from the CWT so i would still get it).

Chamber of secrets: since promobricks released the discription of the set, my main interest was the chamber itself and the basilisk, i immediatly decided that it would be a set that i would display the interiors, so the prelims of the set havent done anything for my decision of getting it or not xD if it has good interiors i would still get despite those jumpers.

now fluffly would probably be the one that i’d brincklink... i mean even if they are regular jumpers and not the moments jumpers.... unless lego surprises us and include a cool devil snare feature!

Edited by Bernar

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I've already got a variety of the new Hogwarts jumpers and the ones from 2010 with the giant Gryffindor shields so that wouldn't make a difference to me. The only reason I'd like it is that I think the printing showing the different houses can be quite subtle so a big Hufflepuff shield on Justin Finch-Fletchley would be a plus in my book. 

Also I'm still really hoping that Crabbe and Goyle have Draco's back robes from Diagon Alley!

9 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also I'm still really hoping that Crabbe and Goyle have Draco's back robes from Diagon Alley!

I do too, same for Harry and Ginny in the Hogwarts/CoS set. 

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If that was the case, it would turn my "maybe" into a hard pass. The only way I'd buy the bathroom or the Fluffy set is if the minifigures look good. Otherwise I'd be paying for structures I'm not really crazy about and characters of which I already have better versions. As for the COS, I'm already planning on just bricklinking the figures I want.

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Have we ever had a Hufflepuff jumper with the badge, in any era? I wouldn't be bothered too much by the torsos just to complete the set. 

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I can see it happening but I wouldn't be happy about it.  The only upside would be the Hufflepuff crest to complete the set but even then it's not exactly accurate to anything.

However, as I've mentioned before, the Slytherin torso from Diagon Alley is inaccurate and that must surely be with the Girl's bathroom set in mind.  I think we really need a Gryffindor equivalent for Harry/Ginny in the CoS set.  The robes are the typical outfit throughout the first two films, rarely is anyone wearing just a jumper.  And the Third year+ robes don't look great on the short legs in my opinion so it's something that I'd really appreciate.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't really like the Hogwarts Moments jumpers too, but it wouldn't change too much my opinion. Not to the point of not buying the sets.

Certainly I would be disappointed with Harry, Ron and Hermione wearing their jumpers, "regular" or "Hogwarts Moments", instead of civil clothes in the Forbidden Corridor/Fluffy set.

Edited by BrickMatit

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't mind, it's not like these castle sets will be displayed with the rest of my castle sets. I'd be disappointed that the forbidden corridor trio don't get their relevant costumes but it doesn't matter which Hogwarts sweater is used. 

For me the major issue with the June wave is the ugly square staircase tower. In terms of figures I think this wave is fine, solid even if the Forbidden Corridor Hogwarts robes get replaced. A few very desirable new characters (Crabbe, Goyle), a few other new characters, and some variants we've been wanting for awhile. Nothing too shocking or amazing but it's not bad either. Plus we're getting some desirable new creatures which makes up for a less interesting year in terms of figures. 

4 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I'd be disappointed that the forbidden corridor trio don't get their relevant costumes but it doesn't matter which Hogwarts sweater is used. 

Aren't they wearing their uniforms when they go to the Forbidden Corridor anyway? The jumpers might not be 100% film accurate if they have the Hogwarts crests on them, but they're going to be more accurate than any non-uniform torso.

7 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Aren't they wearing their uniforms when they go to the Forbidden Corridor anyway? The jumpers might not be 100% film accurate if they have the Hogwarts crests on them, but they're going to be more accurate than any non-uniform torso.

First time they meet Fluffy:

thumbnail says it all. 

Second time they meet Fluffy:

Edited by mark1991t
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Aren't they wearing their uniforms when they go to the Forbidden Corridor anyway?

If I remember well, they wear their uniforms when they find out Fluffy and see it for the first time; they wear "civil" clothes when they go down into the trap door (devil's snare...).

Edited by BrickMatit

Just now, mark1991t said:

Thirst time, they meet Fluffy:

<cropped for space>

Ah, so the first time they're in uniform and the second time they're in other clothes.

I'd personally prefer to see a uniformed variant in the Forbidden Corridor, to recreate the first scene better. To me the clothes they're wearing at the end - particularly Harry's red jumper - are more linked with the latter challenges, in particular the confrontation with Quirrelldemort.

19 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I would personally prefer getting robes to represent the first time they encounter Fluffy but the harp suggests that this is based on the story's climax, in which case the trio should be wearing their Muggle clothes. Either way the jumpers are inaccurate to the source material. 

Honestly if LEGO chooses to reuse the Diagon Alley robes in the Bathroom, Fluffy and Hogwarts sets (potentially creating one for Hufflepuff as well) I'll be incredibly happy! Would really bump up the overall minifigure selection from good to great. 

Edited by Guyon2002