Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

OMG imagine if Lego HP had the same quality as that Winnie the Pooh set. *cries into my honey pot*

A fairly small set, using a whole lot of pieces, costing a 100 bucks. Including only the main characters.
The potter theme already has several sets better than it.  not this year so far, no

HP gets plenty of quality sets, though you could argue the $100-range sets could stand to be as good as that.

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Considering that there hasn't been a Hufflepuff anniversary torso yet, and there doesn't seem to be a Hufflepuff student in any of the leaked sets, does this mean that at least one set in the Fall wave will feature it?

Justin Finch Fletchley is a hufflepuff and he’s in the CoS set

1 hour ago, deskp said:

A fairly small set, using a whole lot of pieces, costing a 100 bucks. Including only the main characters.
The potter theme already has several sets better than it.  not this year so far, no

I have to agree with this, the Winnie the Pooh set looks ridiculously small for a $100, looks about $70 if I’m being quite honest. You’re telling me that is the same price of The Burrow, that’s absolutely absurd. I’ll take the new Great Hall/CoS over it any day of the week. 

Edited by RODDY

22 minutes ago, Ravenclawed said:

Justin Finch Fletchley is a hufflepuff and he’s in the CoS set

I had a feeling it might be him, thanks!

59 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Imagine HP getting 5 new moulds in one set, though.

The Great Hall had at least 9 or 10. Some shared with other themes/sets yes, but still.

They were: the wand, Harry's hair, Hermione's hair, Dumbledore's hair, Hagrid's hair, Hagrid's body, Hagrid's right arm, Hagrid's left arm, the square lattice window insert, and I don't recall if the lantern first appeared there or earlier that same year.

EDIT: forgot the small 4x2x3 cone was also new for the Great Hall. +1 https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=38317&in=S

EDIT2: And the Sorting Hat and candle pieces. +3 more

That's 13 or 14 now.

5 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Imagine HP getting 5 new moulds in one set, though.

Ideas sets have a very low budget in general and compared to HP, most sets there have never a new mould that is why there is so shocking when one set gets 5 of them :tongue:

9 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

OMG imagine if Lego HP had the same quality as that Winnie the Pooh set. *cries into my honey pot*

Well it already has it... or at least until now 

9 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Salty honey, my favourite! :laugh_hard:

I love the Pooh set so much, it very nearly makes up for the set-up-to-be-disappointing August wave :grin: 100$ may seem steep, but the PPR is good and you can’t beat 5 one-off moulds in a single set

Talking of that Winnie the Pooh set, how're people finding the new (since 2018) plant piece that the WtP set has on the tree? 

32607.png

I've got to admit I'm really not a fan of it as tree foliage as it appears in Winnie the Pooh or Medieval Blacksmith. 

I'd like more Forbidden Forest sets in the future of this line and really hope they stick with 4x3 and 6x5 plant leaves for them. 

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Hagrid's right arm, Hagrid's left arm

This reminded me of Hugh Grant's Prime Minister saying all the things great about Britain in Love Actually :head_back:

I can't help but feel like when people ask for new moulds, they aren't thinking about stuff like arms that are integral to getting the parts they want to see. It's the Headline Moulds that get talked about; people see that there's a brick-built basilisk and don't notice the dozen new parts that they got instead. 

2 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Talking of that Winnie the Pooh set, how're people finding the new (since 2018) plant piece that the WtP set has on the tree? 

Is it really that new? I've been using it plenty for foliage on trees; I stick one on top of each of the big studs of the 4x3 leaves. It makes the tree canopies look a bit less flimsy. 

12 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I think it's great, just adds that extra bit of detail so it doesn't look as plain. Although I've definitely seen some MOCs where it's been really overused, if you get that balance just right it greatly enhances the look of your foliage.

12 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The Great Hall had at least 9 or 10. Some shared with other themes/sets yes, but still.

They were: the wand, Harry's hair, Hermione's hair, Dumbledore's hair, Hagrid's hair, Hagrid's body, Hagrid's right arm, Hagrid's left arm, the square lattice window insert, and I don't recall if the lantern first appeared there or earlier that same year.

EDIT: forgot the small 4x2x3 cone was also new for the Great Hall. +1 https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=38317&in=S

EDIT2: And the Sorting Hat and candle pieces. +3 more

That's 13 or 14 now.

Touché. :sceptic::iamded_lol:

However, I think the fact that it was the re-introduction of the theme explains this. What I meant was, it feels like Lego have been extremely stringy with new moulds (and to some extent new prints) with this theme. 

15 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Touché. :sceptic::iamded_lol:

However, I think the fact that it was the re-introduction of the theme explains this. What I meant was, it feels like Lego have been extremely stringy with new moulds (and to some extent new prints) with this theme. 

Well, your comparison point was the first LEGO System Winnie the Pooh set, so it's a fair comparison. Both were $100 sets to introduce/reintroduce a new license. WtP got 5 new molds (7 if you count the new shorter sleeve right and left arms), and the GH got 14. Of course newer HP sets don't include so many new molds, it isn't really necessary in most cases, and they've been very generous with new molds in most cases. Prints, however, are another thing entirely, but most themes are starting to suffer from that.

Are we sure there's not an extra minifigure in the new COS Hogwarts set? I just realized that they include every petrified victim (except Mrs. Norris)... but no Pomfrey?

8 minutes ago, doclord said:

Are we sure there's not an extra minifigure in the new COS Hogwarts set? I just realized that they include every petrified victim (except Mrs. Norris)... but no Pomfrey?

Penelope Clearwater isn't included 

8 minutes ago, doclord said:

I think Pomfrey is a more glaring omission in the Clocktower considering that actually came with the Hospital Wing although you do raise a valid point - where are the petrified victims meant to go unless there's another Hospital Wing included in this new set? 

That being said I feel like there definitely won't be any other minifigures in the Chamber of Secrets set as there's already going to be ten including Goldemort, which is the most for any set apart from Diagon Alley 

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I think Pomfrey is a more glaring omission in the Clocktower considering that actually came with the Hospital Wing although you do raise a valid point - where are the petrified victims meant to go unless there's another Hospital Wing included in this new set?   

Considering we also don't know where that red witch hat comes from (if it is actually from HP) maybe it's part of a set that features Pomfrey and Penelope (thank you, forgot about her). Maybe an additional Hogwarts piece that's able to connect with the summer ones (which points to another anniversary wave: tying into the "disappointment" vibe from the leakers).

18 minutes ago, doclord said:

Considering we also don't know where that red witch hat comes from (if it is actually from HP) maybe it's part of a set that features Pomfrey and Penelope (thank you, forgot about her). Maybe an additional Hogwarts piece that's able to connect with the summer ones (which points to another anniversary wave: tying into the "disappointment" vibe from the leakers).

Wasn't it already established that the witch figure was a poor paintjob/photoshop? Or am I misremembering things :shrug_oh_well:

I haven't follow all the HP as good like last year. So this maybe has been discussed earlier.

I had seen the leaked pics yesterday and I'm so disappointed with the two castle sections.. Do you guys think it would look almost the same when they release the sets?

I like the Hogsmede set. The bathroom also looks good, I hope they include new hairpieces for Crabbe and Goyle.

I actually like the dog, the brick build body isn't perfect, but it easy to mod. I don't know what I think of the basilisk yet, I want to see the final product first.

But the castle sections looks terrible imo :cry3: The earlier castle sections has been among my favourites sets to build.. If the final products looks like these then it feels lego are going to kill the HP theme.. 

1 hour ago, doclord said:

We already have 10 minfigures in this set, I'm sure it's more than enough.

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wasn't it already established that the witch figure was a poor paintjob/photoshop? Or am I misremembering things :shrug_oh_well:

It was mostly guided to be a bunch of new parts slapped together.

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

But the castle sections looks terrible imo :cry3: The earlier castle sections has been among my favourites sets to build.. If the final products looks like these then it feels lego are going to kill the HP theme.. 

Yeah I have the same opinion about new Hogwarts sections. They look so bad because they are based on outdated 2001-2002 build design which is also the reason some people like them because nostalgia thing. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We already have 10 minfigures in this set, I'm sure it's more than enough.

Yes if anything else this set is all about great minifigures and Basilisk