Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

In that case remove my voice from the choir. That said, I can't see Lego doing that - it would look no different to a regular chess set, only Lego would have to pay the licensing fee for it. 

I personally think these designs are still quite unique and recognisable from a standard chess set.QRB60ow_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

32 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

I personally think these designs are still quite unique and recognisable from a standard chess set.QRB60ow_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Agreed. This chess set is probably one of the most iconic chess sets in cinematic history. The queen’s armor, the turtleish pawns, the knight piece that Ron rides. I imagine the pieces would all be brick built, but maybe they would come with Harry, Ron, and Hermione minifigs that you could use to recreate the scene from the movie.

14 hours ago, Seaber said:

potterlg.jpg

I 

The Mattel micro figure is an exact match for this art down to the angle of the head and crossed arms. I wouldn't be surprised if this art was also given to LEGO as I imagine both were produced and in development at the same time. The original visual dictionary from 2010 also shows a few sculptures in the background of early designs for a few HP characters. 

As for best/worst case scenarios the worst would be remakes with interesting new figures and minor set updates. If they're going to do remakes they should either be massive updates or rereleases with a few minor changes for the people who missed the originals. I'd rather have a set be a total skip than something I have to deliberate over and have some amount of regret either way. The best case scenario would either be very easy a wave made of incredibly boring and easy skips (Night Bus 2, Hogwarts express with Ford Anglia, ect.) or more anniversary sets. 

I don't think any of those ideas will make up the entire wave though.  I've found the set numbers not increasing with the prices a strange sign since the set numbers were first leaked and it's only gotten more ominous with us being told how surprising it will be. Last year the Burrow and Hedwig didn't fit the numbering of the main wave and for August the $40 and $30 sets don't fit. I guess that means the $70 and $130 sets will be more conventional? 

27 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I don't think any of those ideas will make up the entire wave though.  I've found the set numbers not increasing with the prices a strange sign since the set numbers were first leaked and it's only gotten more ominous with us being told how surprising it will be. Last year the Burrow and Hedwig didn't fit the numbering of the main wave and for August the $40 and $30 sets don't fit. I guess that means the $70 and $130 sets will be more conventional? 

Weren’t the Burrow and Hedwig exclusive sets in the US?

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Would Lego number their sets based on store exclusives in one country? I don't think the Burrow was an exclusive in the UK, for instance. 

34 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Would Lego number their sets based on store exclusives in one country? I don't think the Burrow was an exclusive in the UK, for instance. 

You are very right, but I think that’s the only correlation.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

They were, but Hedwig was still numbered before the burrow whereas this year the $40 set comes before the $30. It's also odd for there to be two exclusives in support of a wave with only two standard sets. The incredibly high piece counts for everything but the $30 set just makes things even more strange. 

I hate constantly referencing and analyzing individual comments from forum members (constantly analyzing everything a leaker says felt much less weird last year when our "leaker" wasn't directly involved with the forum) but people who didn't like the June wave probably not liking the August wave just makes this even more strange. What exactly do the June and August waves have in common? None of them had PPP even close to the PPP for the August sets (with the exception of the $29.99 set) so I'm assuming it's not more castle blocks. Is it just that they're from the earlier movies? I really have no idea. 

With how confusing the information we have is and how we know whatever we some up with likely won't be remotely accurate with how "surprising" the wave supposedly is there isn't much point in speculating about the August wave. It's too open and unpredictable for any speculating to be worthwhile. Until we get any new info we're doomed to just keep repeating the best/worst wave wishlists until we go off topic and get locked. Really makes me miss the Otter/Hare antics of last year. 

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

You are very right, but I think that’s the only correlation.

Is it possible that the Burrow was originally planned for release at a different time? Hedwig is obviously an unconventional set, perhaps the Burrow was planned for the Diagon Alley slot when the set numbers were finalised, and pushed forward once Diagon Alley got greenlit. 

2 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

The Burrow was exclusive to Lego and Smyths.

10 hours ago, Textorix said:

some maganize so he will be another easy to get minifigure

They're coming only in August. 

A bit off topic but tonight on the BBC there is a documentary about the anniversary of 20 years Harry Potter. 

7 hours ago, girlie-site-boots said:

The Burrow was exclusive to Lego and Smyths.

Fair enough, I didn't even realise Smyths had enough shops to be worth giving them exclusives! 

2 hours ago, Magnum said:

A bit off topic but tonight on the BBC there is a documentary about the anniversary of 20 years Harry Potter. 

Thank you I would have missed it if you had not of said. :thumbup: :classic:

4 hours ago, Magnum said:

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Thank you I would have missed it if you had not of said:thumbup: :classic:

You can watch it right now on Dailymotion

16 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

You can watch it right now on Dailymotion

Ah so it is an old one. I do remember watching a programme in which JK looked over her old notes and drawings in a museum. Thought this might be a new one. I will give it another watch later though. :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Ah so it is an old one. I do remember watching a programme in which JK looked over her old notes and drawings in a museum. Thought this might be a new one. I will give it another watch later though. :thumbup:

I mean the title checks out and it's weird to claim it to be for 20th anniversary when it's been 24 already, but I could be wrong and it's something new

21 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

I mean the title checks out and it's weird to claim it to be for 20th anniversary when it's been 24 already, but I could be wrong and it's something new

I think you're right. :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

I'm gonna be honest, I read all the original comments as meaning that the BBC are showing a documentary about the 20th anniversary of Lego Harry Potter :rofl: and didn't think anything was odd about that.

I wonder why they've decided to broadcast it today? I could have understood it more late last year, when the film industry shutting down totally had left them running out of new stuff to show... but they've had lots of new television on so far in 2021 so I can't imagine it's them desperately plumbing the depths of their archives.

I was wondering if anyone who reads this thread had moc'd the harness at the front of the Beauxbaton Carriage? I've been meaning to do something with mine for a while. If it would be better, share it with me in a PM to avoid going off topic.

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

This documentary came out in 2017 and the Philisopher's Stone book in 1997. They're just re-airing the documentary for the 20th anniversary of the 1st movie.

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

I'm gonna be honest, I read all the original comments as meaning that the BBC are showing a documentary about the 20th anniversary of Lego Harry Potter :rofl: and didn't think anything was odd about that.

I wonder why they've decided to broadcast it today? I could have understood it more late last year, when the film industry shutting down totally had left them running out of new stuff to show... but they've had lots of new television on so far in 2021 so I can't imagine it's them desperately plumbing the depths of their archives.

Oh that would be so funny if they aired a 20th LEGO anniversary of HP tonight, and showed us all the upcoming sets for this year. 

Bit unrelated but the new Winnie the Pooh set looks great, my wife is really interested and I think it could serve as a way of blending my HP display from the Burrow to the Forbidden Forest.  The building has similar tiling to the burrow and would look like a nice little outhouse on the outskirts of the forest.  Not sure my wife would be happy with me displaying the rear of the model but is just a thought for now!

2 hours ago, Yope said:

Not sure my wife would be happy with me displaying the rear of the model

Buy two. Then you can display the rear and your wife can display the front.

Considering that there hasn't been a Hufflepuff anniversary torso yet, and there doesn't seem to be a Hufflepuff student in any of the leaked sets, does this mean that at least one set in the Fall wave will feature it?