Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I was surprised they did not produce a Philospher's Stone bathroom set with a Troll and the magical trio as it is one of the more iconic scenes from the book and film, but maybe it'll come in the summer wave

*A cheap Cornish Pixie DADA classroom scene with Lockhart, Harry and Hermione with moulded pixie's would be fantastic too but I doubt that will ever happen :) 

I think the reason they went with a polyjuice potion girl's bathroom set this year is so it can tie to the Chamber of Secrets, with the modular way the rooms can be stacked meaning the bathroom should be able to fit directly above the chamber.

As that bathroom set is my least-anticipated for the June wave whether I get it or not solely depends on how good the Chamber-sinks entrance looks and how well the play feature works. 

11 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

As that bathroom set is my least-anticipated for the June wave whether I get it or not solely depends on how good the Chamber-sinks entrance looks and how well the play feature works. 

I'm fairly tempted by the minifigure selection of a pseudo-Crabbe and pseudo-Goyle which will be a nice way to get the pair as I think we only got one in the 2010-2011 waves but the build does look a bit meh so I have fairly low hopes for that  

Edited by Ringwraith

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

I'm fairly tempted by the minifigure selection of a pseudo-Crabbe and pseudo-Goyle which will be a nice way to get the pair as I think we only got one in the 2010-2011 waves

There was also a version of each in 2002, but that won't really have any bearing on whether most people decide to get the new ones or not. Though for my money the Goyle print is the most screen accurate of all the yellow-head Harry Potter figures (faint praise indeed)

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

Though for my money the Goyle print is the most screen accurate of all the yellow-head Harry Potter figures (faint praise indeed)

That was probably just an accident :laugh_hard: To be fair, the 2011 version wasn’t that much better actually. It’s my least favourite minifig among the 2010-2011 range

2 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

There was also a version of each in 2002, but that won't really have any bearing on whether most people decide to get the new ones or not. Though for my money the Goyle print is the most screen accurate of all the yellow-head Harry Potter figures (faint praise indeed)

I actually had that Slytherin Common Room set! It had an amazing printed wall tile with the snake crest that I used recently in a Borgin and Burkes moc

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

That was probably just an accident :laugh_hard: To be fair, the 2011 version wasn’t that much better actually. It’s my least favourite minifig among the 2010-2011 range

hp117.png

hp102.png

Surely not?! :grin:

58 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I actually had that Slytherin Common Room set! It had an amazing printed wall tile with the snake crest that I used recently in a Borgin and Burkes moc

I really enjoyed the small sets like Slytherin and Troll in the Bathroom from the old lines, I think the Slytherin Shield from that set is one of the best parts from that era. 

14 minutes ago, Seaber said:

hp117.png

hp102.png

The suit of armour isn't that bad. We haven't gotten any in the reboot yet, have we? I liked the architect statue from the Advent calendar as well. To be honest, I wouldn't mind more statues/armour.

34 minutes ago, Seaber said:

*ugly goblin*

*knight statue*

Ok, the Goyle minifig ties with the fleshie-2002 goblins in my ranking, forgot about those uncanny-looking creatures :tongue: The mould itself isn’t even half bad, but by 2011 standards they definitely should have printed the eyes. 

However, I’m with @Roonil Wazlib regarding the statue, which was a decent addition to the 2010 castle. The chestplate should’ve been metallic instead of pearl silver, but other than that, it looks close enough to its movie counterpart. At least it’s better than the weird 2007 version that featured legs made of lightsaber hilts that had a rune tile attached to them (what was that about? Was it Agatha all along?!)

That’s definitely something I’d like to see them revisit for a potential Battle of Hogwarts set :sweet: The Piertotum Locomotor scene happens to be one of my favourites in the whole franchise

However, I’m with @Roonil Wazlib regarding the statue, which was a decent addition to the 2010 castle. The chestplate should’ve been metallic instead of pearl silver, but other than that, it looks close enough to its movie counterpart. At least it’s better than the weird 2007 version that featured legs made of lightsaber hilts that had a rune tile attached to them (what was that about? Was it Agatha all along?!)

That’s definitely something I’d like to see them revisit for a potential Battle of Hogwarts set :sweet: The Piertotum Locomotor scene happens to be one of my favourites in the whole franchise

A good thing about the Knight for is how generic it is, so you could use pieces from the LOTR theme or knight cmf figures to make more knight statues really easily (just on plain grey body parts with a black head). 

Ok, the Goyle minifig ties with the fleshie-2002 goblins in my ranking, forgot about those uncanny-looking creatures :tongue: The mould itself isn’t even half bad, but by 2011 standards they definitely should have printed the eyes. 

Yeah, if they could print Dobby's eyes, why not the goblins? And the reused Flitwick torso... 

I think the Suit of Armour was lazy - the wrong helmet, the wrong colour chestplate, the wrong weapon... Still better than the 2007 one though :grin:

Speaking about august sets, what would "lower your expectations” mean for you in the worst and in the best scenario?

For me the best scenario would mean no DH sets at all and sets would be anniversary ones too. We would get Gringotts but as 129.99 set and it would be based on PS. Other sets would be Whomping Willow but based on POA, Quiddich remake based on POA and smallest set would be Duel lesson with Lockhart. D2C set would be motorized Hogwarts express with Hogsmeade station.

Worst case scenario would mean we get buildable Fawkes as 129.99 set, lego chess boardgame set, remake of Hagrids hut and Dobbys release remake from 2010. D2C would be smaller microscale (even more micro than normal micro :D) Hogwarts with castle and entire landscape around it.

Edited by Textorix

For me the best scenario is we get another Hogwarts part, minifigures from previous waves and there's no DH sets and it's anniversary wave, too.
Worst scenario is that we get a lot of remakes from 2018-2019 sets (Hagrid's hut, for example), it's not anniversary wave and there's nothing really interesting.

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Speaking about august sets, what would "lower your expectations” mean for you in the worst and in the best scenario?

A difficult question to answer. I think that a good scenery for me, like for you, would be an all anniversary wave or with just one of the smallest sets from DH. I would also stand some remake. But it really depends on a lot of variables: scenes recreated, concrete buildings design, minifigs selection. 

The worst scenery would be one with nothing interesting and in which I wouldn't buy nearly anything. Following your examples, I wouldn't buy a brickbuilt Fawkes or any other creature, nore microscale sets and probably not a Freeing Dobby remake or any other remake with very bad buildings, no interesting scene and no new and good minifigs.

Consider that I evalue the June wave (from prelim images) with a 7/10 rating , while some of us are really disappointed. You can say that my August disappointment will be mitigated by June wave :sweet:  (and I hope not having any disappointment :laugh:). Clearly not the same situation for someone who doesn't like June wave.

Best case scenario: a continuation of the anniversary wave, with minifigures of minor students (Ernie Macmillan, Blaise Zabini, Romilda Vane, etc.) but all the trio minifigures are rereleases.

Worst case scenario: a continuation of the anniversary wave, but remakes of last year's sets with worse minifigures. 

Well I'd really like remake of Freeing Dobby, especially since I don't have Dobby minifigure, yet. And Lucius would be a great addition to my collection!

Just now, Legofania said:

Well I'd really like remake of Freeing Dobby, especially since I don't have Dobby minifigure, yet. And Lucius would be a great addition to my collection!

You can get Dobby really cheap from BL and Lucius is coming in some maganize so he will be another easy to get minifigure thats why freeing Dobby set would be such a waste.

4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Worst case scenario: a continuation of the anniversary wave, but remakes of last year's sets with worse minifigures. 

You got me with this one. Its maybe even worse than brickbuild and microscale stuff because its easy for me to justify not buying those but with playsets I am kinda always forced to buy even those I dont like that much.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Yeah, if they could print Dobby's eyes, why not the goblins? And the reused Flitwick torso... 

My brother’s 2010 Dobby had its eyes wear off and it was horrifying, especially when we drew eyes back on.

As to the lower your expectations, I would say best case is a few DH and anniversary sets, and worst case is really bad DH and they never revisit it, or brick built statues and Mario style.

Worst case scenario I'd say a buildable item like Fawkes or object from the Potter films. (Like a buildable Golden egg or Horcrux). But I wouldn't say no to a chess set though.

Best case scenario would probably be a small Gringotts set like the original one in 2001 or something. I'm not totally against remakes since they can be good parts packs. 

For me best case scenario would be something in the mould of the June Hogsmeade Set.

Worst case would be more Arts sets or Brickheadz of hardly known side characters.

There was some discussion about Sir Cadogan earlier. When I read that, I thought that maybe Lego might do some sets that recreate the moving paintings in Hogwarts like the fat lady or Sir Cadogan and his horse. Who knows, maybe that's one of the mystery sets in August that noone might guess at?

Worst case scenario would mean we get buildable Fawkes as 129.99 set, lego chess boardgame set, remake of Hagrids hut and Dobbys release remake from 2010. D2C would be smaller microscale (even more micro than normal micro :D) Hogwarts with castle and entire landscape around it.

I guess I’m in the minority of people who would actually love a LEGO Harry Potter Chess Set. I think this would be a really smart move on LEGO’s part too - chess set sales have increased exponentially following the success of Netflix’s Queen’s Gambit. And LEGO would be the perfect medium for Wizard’s Chess - it allows you to “destroy” the pieces you defeat (“barbaric” as Hermione would say but oh so fun) and rebuild them. It would make for a beautiful display piece, too. I’d also love to see a Dejarik board for LEGO Star Wars but that’s a story for another forum.

27 minutes ago, Greshi210 said:

For me best case scenario would be something in the mould of the June Hogsmeade Set.

Yeah Hogsmeade looks truly beautiful even on prelim photo so it almost looks like its not even supposed to be part of that wave. If at least half of august sets were on that level (build quality, movie accurate, minifigure selection, new scene) I would be happy.

Edited by Textorix

45 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I guess I’m in the minority of people who would actually love a LEGO Harry Potter Chess Set. 

Add my voice to the choir. It would be a great way to get "army building" minifigures such as students, Death Eaters, etc. in large quantities. 

18 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Add my voice to the choir. It would be a great way to get "army building" minifigures such as students, Death Eaters, etc. in large quantities. 

I might have misunderstood your comment but think a theoretical Harry potter chess set would be based on the designs from the first movie rather than be student/death eater figures.

Edited by Zepthire

3 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

I might have misunderstood your comment but think a theoretical Harry potter chess set would be based on the designs from the first movie rather than be student/death eater figures.

In that case remove my voice from the choir. That said, I can't see Lego doing that - it would look no different to a regular chess set, only Lego would have to pay the licensing fee for it. 

A chess set could be interesting. If they did it, it would probably be based on the life-size one at the end of Philosopher's Stone. Or they could do one based on the one Harry and Ron play at Christmas. That version is a lot less likely, but it would be nice as it looks like a classic Lewis chess set.