Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

42 minutes ago, Textorix said:

But if these august sets are not buildable figures or brickbuild animals but just playsets or anniversary playsets I cant see reason why would they be so bad. 

Don't forget that the latter-day Hobbit sets are panned even now (and possibly the cause for the theme's discontinuation) and they were all playsets. It's possible for Lego to mess up which sets they make, and at which price points - for instance, if Gringotts was the cheapest set, I think people would be less than enthused. 

11 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Don't forget that the latter-day Hobbit sets are panned even now (and possibly the cause for the theme's discontinuation) and they were all playsets. 

Hobbit/Lotr theme didnt end because sets were bad but because after there were no new movies Lego lost the rights. Also in my opinion those sets were pretty good.

As I said previously I am starting to think that Guyon and Falconfan dont like august sets only because they are nothing they or we expected.

Edited by Textorix

6 minutes ago, Textorix said:

As I said previously I am starting to think that Guyon and Falconfan dont like august sets only because they are nothing they or we expected.

I don’t remember if I ever stated that the sets were bad? Did I? That’s a actual question I don’t remember

13 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Hobbit/Lotr theme didnt end because sets were bad but because after there were no new movies Lego lost the rights.

I was in my Dark Ages at the time, but looking back at the EB thread, the end of the Lord of the Rings line was known about before the final Hobbit wave even came out, so I would assume it was Lego's decision to pull the theme. 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t remember if I ever stated that the sets were bad? Did I? That’s a actual question I don’t remember

I don't think that's anything you've ever said. There's been talk of lowering our expectations, the set choice being unexpected, etc. but nothing bad about the actual sets themselves iirc

I know there’s lots of speculation about continued anniversary sets and bust builds, etc. but didn’t Guyon say at some point that they thought they’d probably go back to the grey roof style from August?

This is a vague memory though and I’m not going back through a hundred pages of discussion to find it :ugh: :laugh_hard:

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No not you. That was Guyon. You just basically said we weren't getting what we would assume we were getting and would be in for a shock.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, Ravenclawed said:

I know there’s lots of speculation about continued anniversary sets and bust builds, etc. but didn’t Guyon say at some point that they thought they’d probably go back to the grey roof style from August?

This is a vague memory though and I’m not going back through a hundred pages of discussion to find it :ugh: :laugh_hard:

That was referring to this whole style change being an anniversary-only thing, which was nothing more than speculation. 

25 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Hobbit/Lotr theme didnt end because sets were bad but because after there were no new movies Lego lost the rights. Also in my opinion those sets were pretty good.

The license expiring you mentioned is plain out wrong. They had the lotr license at least till the end of the second Lego Dimensions wave (2016). The sets (2nd lotr 2013, especially Hobbit waves 2014) didn't sell all that well. Most kids (6-12) at the time just didn't like them, but I think a lot came to regret that once they watched lotr when they were older and realised what they missed. But by that time the sets were no longer available

Edited by Metanoios91

1 minute ago, Ravenclawed said:

I think at first he said he assumed they would, but he has no more info beyond August so he can't say either way.

I just realized it's anniversary and we're getting mf pack xd
Wonder if we'll get any new characters 

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

I just realized it's anniversary and we're getting mf pack xd
Wonder if we'll get any new characters 

Likely one or two, but they'll almost certainly throw in Harry or one of the other main characters. 

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I think at first he said he assumed they would, but he has no more info beyond August so he can't say either way.

That surely confirms that the August sets are anniversary wave. If they were back to normal, Guyon would know whether the grey roofs were coming back or not. 

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

Likely one or two, but they'll almost certainly throw in Harry or one of the other main characters. 

That surely confirms that the August sets are anniversary wave. If they were back to normal, Guyon would know whether the grey roofs were coming back or not. 

Not necessarily - it just means that he thought the sets were anniversary based, maybe because of the golden figs or something, so he would assume they would switch back, but as he doesn't know for certain that they are he can't say. As he says in his own words:

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That was referring to this whole style change being an anniversary-only thing, which was nothing more than speculation. 

Not necessarily - it just means that he thought the sets were anniversary based, maybe because of the golden figs or something, so he would assume they would switch back, but as he doesn't know for certain that they are he can't say.

Ah, of course. Back to the speculation, then! :pir-huzzah1:

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Can I ask, do you think the sets are 'bad'? I know it would be your opinion and it's subjective, but even so.

Just now, Alexandrina said:

Ah, of course. Back to the speculation, then! :pir-huzzah1:

Aye :pir-huzzah1:

22 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No you didnt, sry that I meantioned you there. You just said that we will be in shock but I remember Guyon saying something like god no to question if he like august sets so I assume they are really bad, not in build quality but overall selection.

Edited by Textorix

Whether anniversary style or not, I’m speculating that at least one of the sets will be hogwarts related... which is at least partly promising for my student collection 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably a good time to remind people that opinions are subjective. One man's garbage is another's treasure.

:roflmao:

Hi all, long time lurker here... Finally got around to creating an account. Just in time for the HP series to take a turn for the worse, judging by the current discussion. For what it's worth, I'm also in the camp of "as long as there are some decent minifigures, I'll probably be pretty happy". :wink:

On a different topic, is there any information if there will be a third HP CMF series at some point? 

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably a good time to remind people that opinions are subjective. One man's garbage is another's treasure.

Yes thats giving me hope that I will like at least something but on the other hand except Hogsmeade I dont like june wave and you kinda hinted that august wave is even worse so I am really confused what to expect.

Edited by Textorix

@Guyon2002 I'm just trying to get use to your new profile pic - I'm so use to that yellow bird giving us all the evil eye I didn't recognise your comments at first. :tongue:

Just now, Textorix said:

Yes thats giving me hope that I will like at least something but on the other hand except Hogsmeade a really dont like june wave and you kinde hinted that august wave is even worse so I am really confused what to expect.

How To Send A Lego Fan Crazy 101 :grin:

@Guyon2002 I'm just trying to get use to your new profile pic - I'm so use to that yellow bird giving us all the evil eye I didn't recognise your comments at first. :tongue:

He's still there :grin: My sigfig has now just walked back a bit so he fits in the portrait as well, something must've gone wrong with a spell or something as my budgie doesn't look exactly the same as he used to :laugh:

6 minutes ago, FindusLondon said:

On a different topic, is there any information if there will be a third HP CMF series at some point? 

Most likely yes, but not this year, of course. I'd guess in August/September 2022

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

He's still there :grin: My sigfig has now just walked back a bit so he fits in the portrait as well, something must've gone wrong with a spell or something as my budgie doesn't look exactly the same as he used to :laugh:

:laugh:

10 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yes thats giving me hope that I will like at least something but on the other hand except Hogsmeade I dont like june wave and you kinda hinted that august wave is even worse so I am really confused what to expect

At the same time, though, Guyon might have got sets he wanted in the June wave but not the August wave - and they might not be the same as the sets you want.