Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I’ve been looking at piece counts for sets in the $100-$150 range, and my first thought is that the $120 set has a pretty damn high piece count at it’s price range (1673). Maybe a lot of small pieces are used?

I think the majority of the disappointment is going to come from the $250 set, which I’m sure is going to be a gimmick set of some sort.

24 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

No one's mentioned it here yet, but a few hours ago @Falconfan1414 posted on his Insta story an image of a message reading "Everything will fall into place, just be patient" in gold text, over a white marble background.

He grabbed that picture from Pinterest so I think this is a stretch lol: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/705657835342726119/

16 minutes ago, Modal said:

I’ve been looking at piece counts for sets in the $100-$150 range, and my first thought is that the $120 set has a pretty damn high piece count at it’s price range (1673). Maybe a lot of small pieces are used?

I think the majority of the disappointment is going to come from the $250 set, which I’m sure is going to be a gimmick set of some sort.

Agree on both counts. As some have pointed out, the PPP of the $120 set is very similar to DA, which also used a lot of small pieces. Combine that with a likely low print budget (a new Goblin face and a couple new torsos to make up, say, 4 total, and then reused Harry and Hagrid), and I feel confident this will be our bank, however it turns out.

As for $250, I'm starting to find it more and more likely that it might end up being a Motorized Hogwarts Express, which would be rather disappointing.

34 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

No one's mentioned it here yet, but a few hours ago @Falconfan1414 posted on his Insta story an image of a message reading "Everything will fall into place, just be patient" in gold text, over a white marble background.

Someone remind me to post a Kronk “It’s all coming together” when this finally happens. 
Anyway, that is definitely interesting to say the least. Curious, curious.

43 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Now, that's a Gringotts tease if ever I've seen one, which means to me that a Gringotts set in some form must be planned for 2021 (there's no way anyone knows 2022 info yet, and besides, it wouldn't make much sense to post right after we got some new concrete info about the August sets, sparking a bunch of discussion). 

My money's on the $120 set being Gringotts, since that piece count sounds about right for a DA-scale bank with no dragon. So, it'll probably be PS-based, which I'm sure will be enough to disappoint some of you. Combine that with probably a new gimmick set and a couple of 2018-on remakes, and I can definitely see this being a disappointing wave. And that's presuming that this proposed $120 Gringotts would actually be a great and accurate build, as opposed to, say, a roller coaster playset, like the 2009 Temple of Doom.

But, of course, this is all just speculation based on FF's post.

It not about Harry Potter lol

Edited by Falconfan1414

15 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

As for $250, I'm starting to find it more and more likely that it might end up being a Motorized Hogwarts Express, which would be rather disappointing.

Yea that would be extremely disappointing considering we’ve already had (well, have) Hogwarts Express. And motorized trains are probably the most overpriced sets in LEGO. Would be an easy ignore for me

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You could post absolutely anything at this rate and everyone will be analysing it as a cryptic clue! :iamded_lol: Don't post online if you are going to the beach. Everyone will think that means we are getting the lake task set! :roflmao:

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Jeeeeesus you guys are ruining all our hopes :laugh:   

Someone please leak the god damn set names so we can stop making our desperate theories about Gringotts etc.

Edited by Textorix

It would be funny if the reason the fans would be disappointed with the August Sets, was that in fact lego decided to cancel the August wave and will not launch anything other than the June wave in 2021.
Have you ever imagined that? haha

32 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

It would be funny if the reason the fans would be disappointed with the August Sets, was that in fact lego decided to cancel the August wave and will not launch anything other than the June wave in 2021.
Have you ever imagined that? haha

Something similar we discussed on previous page... but thats not the case. It will be disappointing because those sets are likely just awful.

7 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

He posted it right after Funko's WandaVision figures, so...

10 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Something similar we discussed on previous page... but thats not the case. It will be disappointing because those sets are likely just awful.

Guyon said that quality of the sets is irrelevant here

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

Guyon said that quality of the sets is irrelevant here

Well yes if they are brickbuilds or sth like that the quality is really irrelevant

As far as I'm concerned, we've been told that the sets will be both unpredictable and very disappointing.  Also that those who don't like the June wave will be especially disappointed.  So it's likely also anniversary related and certainly not a follow on of the 2018-2020 sets.

In any case, those in the know have told us what they can and most of us are thankful that we've been able to drastically lower our expectations.  There's no point in asking for more info or expecting any news soon, I'd honestly prefer if we were able to spread the discussions out until August rather than know everything now and have an agonising wait (although it would be helpful to rule some purchases out for budgeting reasons).

In terms of the June wave, what minifigs are people most happy about getting?  For me it's Colin Creevey first as a significant character we've never had before, then Professor Sinistra as I'm looking forward to having her occupy the top of the Astronomy Tower, then Gilderoy Lockhart because I think the new outfit will be a standout.  I'm fearful that we'll get JFF in a Hufflepuff jumper with badge to complete the set from the Hogwarts Moments series, when really it would be nice to get all the students in their respective versions of house robes (the same as Draco's DA torso).   

4 minutes ago, Yope said:

So it's likely also anniversary related and certainly not a follow on of the 2018-2020 sets.

Well I would be perfectly fine if more anniversary sets meant something like Shrieking Shack remake, Troll bathroom scene or 2nd Task from GoF. If it is anniversary version of Hagrids hut, Hogwarts express or Quidditch then I would be disappointed

9 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Now, that's a Gringotts tease if ever I've seen one, which means to me that a Gringotts set in some form must be planned for 2021 (there's no way anyone knows 2022 info yet, and besides, it wouldn't make much sense to post right after we got some new concrete info about the August sets, sparking a bunch of discussion). 

My money's on the $120 set being Gringotts, since that piece count sounds about right for a DA-scale bank with no dragon. So, it'll probably be PS-based, which I'm sure will be enough to disappoint some of you. Combine that with probably a new gimmick set and a couple of 2018-on remakes, and I can definitely see this being a disappointing wave. And that's presuming that this proposed $120 Gringotts would actually be a great and accurate build, as opposed to, say, a roller coaster playset, like the 2009 Temple of Doom.

But, of course, this is all just speculation based on FF's post.

9 hours ago, Modal said:

To be honest I cant justify anything more than 120 for Gringotts so its good if they did that. A 250 set should not just be one build and I really hope they did something stupid with it so I dont have to buy it. :D

6 minutes ago, Yope said:

In terms of the June wave, what minifigs are people most happy about getting?  

I'm delighted to be getting JFF (more Hufflepuff stuff please!) and Sinistra - I thought the chances of a minifig of such a minor character was zero, even last year. 

I'm still really looking forward to seeing the others, but the above two have really excited me. 

11 minutes ago, Yope said:

There's no point in asking for more info or expecting any news soon

Actually yes there is because we do not know anything about august wave rather prices and piece count and tha its disappointing. I am asking for more because clearly there are people who already know at least some set names so its only a matter of time when someone will leak it. I dont wanna see pictures of august wave ofc but I want to know if I should start saving money or not if it turns out that we are not getting playsets but rather something random and boring like brickbuilds.

11 minutes ago, Yope said:

In terms of the June wave, what minifigs are people most happy about getting? 

New Lockhart obviously as I love this character. Then I am looking forward to cat Hermione, Madam Rosmerta and Colin

Edited by Textorix

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Actually yes there is because we do not know anything abou august wave rather prices and piece count and tha its disappointing. I am asking for more because clearly there are people who already know at least some set names.

We've been told everything possible already though.  Some people out there will no doubt know every detail of the August sets but it's just not available to go public yet.  I can't wait to find out either but we'll just have to wait and see.

5 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Well I would be perfectly fine if more anniversary sets meant something like Shrieking Shack remake, Troll bathroom scene or 2nd Task from GoF. If it is anniversary version of Hagrids hut, Hogwarts express or Quidditch then I would be disappointed

I'd love those first suggestions but I think the post-2018 remakes are much more likely given the hints we've had.  I'm feeling inclined to agree with others about Gringotts being the $120 set.  It's good timing to be on the shelves at the same time as Diagon Alley, a PS stone themed set makes sense as an anniversary remake of the first Gringotts set, and the $120 price point seems about right given it would be slightly larger than a quarter of Diagon Alley but wouldn't include the dragon.

This would then allow the 2021 DH wave (which I am still expecting) to give us the dragon and vaults.

12 minutes ago, Yope said:

We've been told everything possible already though.  Some people out there will no doubt know every detail of the August sets but it's just not available to go public yet.  I can't wait to find out either but we'll just have to wait and see.

I am not talking about leaked pictures or D2C set which I understand need to stay in secret. But if we are talking about set desctiption or names who decides if info is avaible for public or not if leaks arent in control of any company but rather independent individuals who just got lucky to get those informations? Promobricks about month ago shared their description of anniversary sets and they continue to share more so why wouldnt they share august sets info as well? If they havent got any trouble so far I am sure nothing would happen if they shared only set names but it looks like even they dont know it as they say on their page. Probably I shouldnt discuss this kind thing here because someone will shut this thread again but you know its just annoying that the only thing we know is that the sets might be disappointing but you cant make your own opinion because people somehow cant share this info yet 

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Who decides if info is avaible for public or not? Promobricks about month ago shared their description of anniversary sets and they continue to share more so why wouldnt they share august sets info as well? If they havent got any trouble so far I am sure nothing would happen if they shared only set names but it looks like even they dont know it as they say on their page. Probably I shouldnt discuss this kind thing here because someone will shut this thread again but you know its just annoying that the only thing we know is that the sets might be disappointing but you cant make your own opinion because people somehow cant share this info yet 

Bruh... let it go. We’re going to get shut down again. It’s not good to obsess over what you can’t control. We have plenty of information now, thanks to promobricks and @Guyon2002 (love the new avatar btw) and @Falconfan1414. Wouldn’t it be more fun to try to theorize on what the sets in the August wave could possibly be? I think @Falconfan1414 said something about the $250 set including a golden Dumbledore minifig. I wonder what clue that could give about the set, if any?

8 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I am not talking about leaked pictures or D2C set which I understand need to stay in secret. But if we are talking about set desctiption or names who decides if info is avaible for public or not if leaks arent in control of any company but rather independent individuals who just got lucky to get those informations? Promobricks about month ago shared their description of anniversary sets and they continue to share more so why wouldnt they share august sets info as well? If they havent got any trouble so far I am sure nothing would happen if they shared only set names but it looks like even they dont know it as they say on their page. Probably I shouldnt discuss this kind thing here because someone will shut this thread again but you know its just annoying that the only thing we know is that the sets might be disappointing but you cant make your own opinion because people somehow cant share this info yet 

Promobricks will know what they can and cannot share without displeasing LEGO.  Those with knowledge in this forum are bound by their sources as to what they can reveal.  So in both cases we've heard what we can for now, sadly!

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

I think @Falconfan1414 said something about the $250 set including a golden Dumbledore minifig. I wonder what clue that could give about the set, if any?

That's exciting!  Where did you see this?  Does make sense and seems similar to the Ninjago gardens set, I hope it's not a buildable Fawkes.

Yeah I will rather leave this....

I would like to theorize but its really hard to imagine something which is for Guyon more disappointing than june wave (which I already do not like) and at the same time think of something that I would actually like. Like I said I wound mind more anniversary sets if they were remakes of something different than Hogwarts 2001-2002 sets as I hate those build style.

Edited by Textorix