Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

The other thought that came to me for this set... and I’m struggling not to vomit as I type this... is a brick built Sorting Hat.

That might unironically be a worse set than the fabled Dobby's Sock! Nothing but brown and bleurgh. Surely it can't be that bad - there's a world of difference between "lower your expectations, you're not getting Gringotts" and "lower your expectations, the Lego design team have genuinely lost their minds". :pir-wench:

On 2/27/2021 at 5:11 PM, JintaiZ said:

Well that is not the way how it works. If @Falconfan1414 choses to post leaks/info about new sets his instagram account can be suspended. Do we want him to stop sharing all kinds of news related to LEGO? Absolutely not, so let's just listen and wait for the news to come out. :wink:

it was a joke, I am surprised you couldn’t tell that since I mentioned it as the Dobby’s Sock Wave

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

it was a joke, I am surprised you couldn’t tell that since I mentioned it as the Dobby’s Sock Wave

Or is it?

1 minute ago, JintaiZ said:

Or is it?

Yeah bro, it is obviously a Dobby’s Sock wave

Guyon2002 and FalconFan, STOP BEING COWARDS AND RELEASE THE PRELIMINARY PICTURES FOR THE DOBBY’s SOCK SETS :damn::damn:

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Guyon2002 and FalconFan, STOP BEING COWARDS AND RELEASE THE PRELIMINARY PICTURES FOR THE DOBBY’s SOCK SETS :damn::damn:

You said you wanted a Dobby's sock 5/6 times so...

2 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

You said you wanted a Dobby's sock 5/6 times so...

Haha true, oh well the set names for the August line are probably going to be released somewhere around Mid March so I’ll wait for that.

7 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

i may not be into lego harry potter but i really do think they could do a really good azkaban prison build

Azkaban is unlikely imo because it wouldn't be a very exciting build (it's either an open-centred Toblerone in the ocean, or an open-centred Toblerone in the ocean with a small hole in the top, with walls that are pretty smooth) and it's a pretty large structure. On top of that, there are no scenes explicitly set there (excluding two very brief flashes, when Sirius and Bellatrix respectively escape) and the only minifigures that would make sense are Sirius, Bellatrix (already released in the CMF) and a number of Dementors (already released). To sell a a big Azkaban set would need some very good minifigures, and I can't see what they could be.

8 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

That might unironically be a worse set than the fabled Dobby's Sock! Nothing but brown and bleurgh. Surely it can't be that bad - there's a world of difference between "lower your expectations, you're not getting Gringotts" and "lower your expectations, the Lego design team have genuinely lost their minds". :pir-wench:

I finally understand.  The lego design team wanted to make the Deathly Hallows sets and Gringotts like we all wanted, but when the Death Eaters and crazies from Azkaban escaped they took over the lego offices and forced the design team to make all this stuff.

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

Azkaban is unlikely imo because it wouldn't be a very exciting build (it's either an open-centred Toblerone in the ocean, or an open-centred Toblerone in the ocean with a small hole in the top, with walls that are pretty smooth) and it's a pretty large structure. On top of that, there are no scenes explicitly set there (excluding two very brief flashes, when Sirius and Bellatrix respectively escape) and the only minifigures that would make sense are Sirius, Bellatrix (already released in the CMF) and a number of Dementors (already released). To sell a a big Azkaban set would need some very good minifigures, and I can't see what they could be.

That would make a really good micro-scale GWP or a 20-30$ set to be honest. Sirius with dog form or Belatrix and stand, and a little Azkaban.

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

That would make a really good micro-scale GWP or a 20-30$ set to be honest. Sirius with dog form or Belatrix and stand, and a little Azkaban.

A microscale GWP I can see. A £20 set not so much, to be honest - at that price point you're expecting minifigures, and any build of the prison is going to look too dinky in comparison. In any case, my personal suspicion is that the theme won't last long enough for them to be digging that deep into the possible sets.

19 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Yeah bro, it is obviously a Dobby’s Sock wave

You've made the joke. It was barely funny the first time. Stop now.

I can't remember where I saw it in the last 120 pages. But was it stated that there are going to be 2 D2C's this year? I'm assuming the $250 set is one, but which was the other one? Or please correct me if this was wrong/old information. :sweet:

Edited by chris6507

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

But was it stated that there are going to be 2 D2C's this year?

I don't remember this ever being said. I could be wrong, mind, but my recollection is that the £250 set has always been the D2C this year. 

7 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I can't remember where I saw it in the last 120 pages. But was it stated that there are going to be 2 D2C's this year?

I think the $250 one is the only one.

Just now, JintaiZ said:

I think the $250 one is the only one.

Thanks. That's cool if that's the case. Just had a vague memory and wanted to clarify. :classic:

Edited by JintaiZ

1 minute ago, chris6507 said:

Just had a vague memory and wanted to clarify. :classic:

The downside to popular threads like this is that it's really hard to find half-remembered details from ages ago. 

15 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

You've made the joke. It was barely funny the first time. Stop now.

I disagree

Edited by JintaiZ

1 minute ago, JintaiZ said:

Why? I understand it is a joke but it shouldn't use hate speech...

How is that hate speech?

Edited by JintaiZ

2 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

I understand it is a joke but it shouldn't use hate speech...

Unless I missed something, there was no hate speech. Unfunny, sure, but hate speech is a bit of an extreme characterisation.

On the subject of Lego Harry Potter, the cheaper of the August sets seems about the right price to be another classroom a la Room of Requirement/Girl's Bathroom. If it's another block this thread might just explode! 

Edited by JintaiZ