Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

They’re undeniably helping us by making sure we’re keeping our expectations on track :laugh: And there’s nothing to imply they actually enjoy possessing info they cannot share

Masochists perhaps :tongue: Prefering delusional dreams over reality is not very rational

I’d rather have a Death Eater/Dementor/Snatcher pack, but I realise that’s not very realistic :grin: Or a pack filled with random wizards to inhabit DA or Hogsmeade.

Don’t think we will agree on these points but that’s fine. I see things differently than you do. And that makes things interesting. As long as ones opinion isn’t presented as a fact when other people have different views. 

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Knowing Lego we'd just get Harry, Malfoy, Cedric and Cho :laugh_hard:

Precisely my point! That would be the worst, it would be much better to get a completely different set of characters to the first student pack (even if they were recycled existing prints like Hanna was), that way you can swap the heads between the packs to create more unique figures!

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Knowing Lego we'd just get Harry, Malfoy, Cedric and Cho :laugh_hard:

:laugh:
The worst part is that it is no joke, I do not see them "wasting" more than one new character on a set like that :wacko:

Just now, Roebuck said:

The worst part is that it is no joke, I do not see them "wasting" more than one new character on a set like that :wacko:

In fairness, Cho was new to the students pack last year, aside from a CMF which many people wouldn't have got (most people aren't like us, feeling the bags for the figure we want and brickllinking what we can't get). Hannah, obviously, is an exclusive. 

I think two new figures is a reasonable number to hope for. 

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

:laugh:

I would actually be really surprised if even one of those characters didn't appear in a pack like that tbh.

4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

In fairness, Cho was new to the students pack last year, aside from a CMF which many people wouldn't have got (most people aren't like us, feeling the bags for the figure we want and brickllinking what we can't get).

She is in 4 sets so far and even if she was somewhat rare at that point Lego of course knew that she would come in the AC later in 2020 and the book at the beginning of this year (etc?) so they put a very common character in the set I would say even if it did not look that way at the time :tongue:
Another example; Cho and Cedric in the books did not make sense at all since they are not in the same year as Harry and Co other than that Lego did not want to waste new characters on the sets. As I have said previously we are in a marathon now, but we will get all the likely and unlikely characters in HP eventually along the way :wink:

5 hours ago, jmckrew said:

It would be quite simple for anyone with the knowledge of these sets to create an anonymous burner account to release the info. Some people obviously feel superior having info that they can keep from others. I'm willing to bet most of these "sources" are obtained by casually chumming up to people they suspect to hold the info they need via social media until said "source" breaks. TBH id rather "leakers" didn't exist at all. Being patient and waiting for the official LEGO announcement would be preferable to entertaining the egos of certain "fans" who would be better off putting up or shutting up.

Exactly, I agree 100%

25 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Exactly, I agree 100%

I think some people are just butthurt that they don’t have inside info and others do and want to point the finger to make themselves feel better about it. I don’t have inside info, but I realize how this works, and I know getting the info out there is not that simple. You can think it is all you want, but it isn’t. Try a little patience, we’re in the vast majority of people here that don’t have inside sources, let’s just speculate and stay patient, we always get the information eventually. Since when has immediate gratification ever served anyone in the long run? 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think some people are just butthurt that they don’t have inside info and others do and want to point the finger to make themselves feel better about it. I don’t have inside info, but I realize how this works, and I know getting the info out there is not that simple. You can think it is all you want, but it isn’t. Try a little patience, we’re in the vast majority of people here that don’t have inside sources, let’s just speculate and stay patient, we always get the information eventually. Since when has immediate gratification ever served anyone in the long run? 

Mate, I just want to have the Dobbys Sock wave revealed omg :damn:

24 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Don’t be so rude! 

3 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Don’t be so rude! 

Yes, mother. Look all I’m saying is instead of getting so angry and pointing fingers, let’s try to take the time to understand the reasoning behind it. There is more at play than satisfying people’s curiosity. I’m just as curious! But I also know that throwing a fit about it isn’t going to change how it works

5 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, mother. Look all I’m saying is instead of getting so angry and pointing fingers, let’s try to take the time to understand the reasoning behind it. There is more at play than satisfying people’s curiosity. I’m just as curious! But I also know that throwing a fit about it isn’t going to change how it works

Apparently it’s very difficult for you to stay nice. It’s not about being angry and pointing fingers it’s about a discussion why we should trust leakers and the motives they might or might not have. There are more opinions than the one you got and calling everyone butthurt that doesn’t follow your opinion is rude. 

A bit of patience is apparently too much to ask for :tongue: 

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Depends on the theme, I guess. The Spider-man one was pretty generous in that regard :laugh: This makes me wonder what minifigs we could have gotten in the last two years if TRU was still around. The Bricktober packs were a lot more interesting...

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not this again :hmpf: 

1. You’re not allowed to create more than one account on EB.
  2. Way to betray your source’s trust :tongue:
  3. The leakers don’t have selfish motives as you insinuate, on the contrary, it’s about protecting their sources (projecting much?)
  4. Without our leakers, most of us would stil be expecting lots of DH sets. I’m very grateful our expectations were lowered to soften the blow

1. It doesn't mean you can't, much in the same way LEGO own rules don't allow their employee's or partners to share info about unreleased product with outsiders, even though that's literally how every leak happens.

2. Surely the original "Source" has betrayed the trust of the company they work for by passing this information onto an outsider in the first place, that's without a doubt a breach of contract. Any leak prior to an official announcement will be viewed in the same way by LEGO themselves. Besides, there will be many people with this inside info, an anonymous account doesn't implicate any specific "source".

3. If that was the case, they'd give all the info in one go, rather than dangling the proverbial carrot. The amount of time "leakers" bang on about how much they know or tease a future unveiling, (which never comes to fruition) just proves my point.

4. That's a bit like having someone pre warn you what all your Christmas presents are going to be, just to save you from perceived disappointment. It could also have the opposite effect and make you disappointed for something that might actually turn out better than you think when the final product releases. We've seen as much with the pre-release images recently.

I'm not saying leaks are inherently bad, I just dislike the culture and clique behind leakers and those who salivate after every morsel they drop. I do understand why the defenders of leakers will react negatively to my opinion. Obviously you value their information and wish to stamp out any dissenting voices which might impact any future leaks. It is also ironic that I'm being called out for jealousy and impatience when I actually prefer to wait even longer, for LEGO's official unveiling of the new sets, rather than participate in the "will they, won’t they" rollercoaster of LEGO leaks & leakers.

33 minutes ago, jmckrew said:

[...] when I actually prefer to wait even longer, for LEGO's official unveiling of the new sets, rather than participate in the "will they, won’t they" rollercoaster of LEGO leaks & leakers.

Boy, are you on the wrong website then :laugh: Leaks and rumours are what keeps these threads alive, without them there'd be hardly anything to discuss

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Boy, are you on the wrong website then :laugh: Leaks and rumours are what keeps these threads alive, without them there'd be hardly anything to discuss

That's condescending and patently untrue but never mind.

57 minutes ago, jmckrew said:

I'm not saying leaks are inherently bad, I just dislike the culture and clique behind leakers and those who salivate after every morsel they drop. I do understand why the defenders of leakers will react negatively to my opinion. Obviously you value their information and wish to stamp out any dissenting voices which might impact any future leaks. It is also ironic that I'm being called out for jealousy and impatience when I actually prefer to wait even longer, for LEGO's official unveiling of the new sets, rather than participate in the "will they, won’t they" rollercoaster of LEGO leaks & leakers.

There’s an old Calvin and Hobbes cartoon where Calvin says that his dad told him something to the effect of “The anticipation of having something is better than actually having it.” Calvin rants about it for a while while riding his wagon with Hobbes, and if I remember correctly, eventually they land in a ditch. 

Anyway, I think you sort of hit the nail on the head, but for the wrong reasons. People like leaks because they are fun. That’s why we come here—to hear about leaks and discuss them, and eventually discuss the actual sets. In this case, Calvin’s dad is right—we like to talk about these things, and get psyched up for them, and it can be a bit disappointing once the season is over, until you move on to the next year. 
As to your comments about leaked, sure, it’s annoying when a leaker says they will provide info and they don’t, but A, we can’t control them, B, they have every right to change their mind, and C, in this case, the leaker did not know how much trouble he or she could get in until recently. Also—no one wants to silence you. This place is for discussion, and it’s good to not be in an echo chamber. We want new opinions!

Edited by Brickroll

4 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

There’s an old Calvin and Hobbes cartoon where Calvin says that his dad told him something to the effect of “The anticipation of having something is better than actually having it.” Calvin rants about it for a while while riding his wagon with Hobbes, and if I remember correctly, eventually they land in a ditch. 

Anyway, I think you sort of hit the nail on the head, but for the wrong reasons. People like leaks because they are fun. That’s why we come here—to hear about leaks and discuss them, and eventually discuss the actual sets. In this case, Calvin’s dad is right—we like to talk about these things, and get psyched up for them. Sure, it’s annoying when a leaker says they will provide info and they don’t, but A, we can’t control them, B, they have every right to change their mind, and C, in this case, the leaker did not know how much trouble he or she could get in until recently.

Also—no one wants to silence you. This place is for discussion, and it’s good to not be in an echo chamber.

This is very well put. The user in question was unaware of the possible repercussions until after they made their initial post, not to mention they aren’t really a “leaker” as far as I’m aware, they just had information this one time (if that part is less than true, they can feel free to correct me). It’s naturally annoying when some people have information we desperately want and can’t give it to us, but that doesn’t mean we don’t still have to deal with it. People with the information have a different set of rules they need to follow if they want to keep their sources and possibly not face severe consequences in some cases. This doesn’t mean it can’t still be fun to discuss what information we do have, the vast majority of which we wouldn’t have year after year if not for these same people. Imagine having nothing at all to go on. There’s no fun in that discussion, speculation with no substance dies out very quickly. Anyway, I like the way you put it

Really wondering if the $250 set and others will be some kind of “addon” for the Fluffy and CoS sets that puts in the Philosophers Stone basement challenges.

Would be an odd choice but I’d look forward to everything but the minifig choice... besides maybe PS ghost Voldy? That would be cool.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah and thats what is happening last few days. We have no new info, no leaks, no rumors so there is less and less stuff to discuss every day. It was sad when I checked this thread once this weak in the morning and the last post there was actually mine which was like 12 hours old... So I hope someone will find the way to share at least something without breaking any rules so we can blow up this thread once again with our opinions and expectations.

Edited by Textorix

47 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

People like leaks because they are fun. That’s why we come here—to hear about leaks and discuss them, and eventually discuss the actual sets.

Not to mention, it's great fun at the end of the year to go through the previous year's thread and see just how comically wrong we all were, now that we have the actual sets to compare with. It's a bit like reading episode discussion threads on a forum, for a TV show you've already seen to the end - the baseless speculation is a fun matter of record!

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

Don’t be so rude! 

Why? Every time we expect something to be revealed soon, it turns out to be a long wait instead...

Edited by JintaiZ

So a few things. First I know there are people who do love the attention having a leak brings to them I have seen it over on Instagram a lot. A lot changed in the leaking world especially recently with legos policy change about leaks. They have cracked down in a lot of ways with members of their ambassador network and have at least put the message out there that they plan on doing cracking down in the same way with non ambassadors too. This could lead to things such as cease-and-desist letters, accounts getting shut down, and people getting sued. Now is lego actually going to do this? It’s unknown rn and truth be told I’m not going to test the water there. With eurobricks as far as I know it’s very easy to figure out if a person has 2 accounts or a banned member comes back under a different account. Lego and eurobricks seem to have a good relationship so a burner account here to still lead to the same sort of punishments. I did reach out to the person who said they were going to share the d2c not even to verify the info. I did more so to explain that lego is cracking down and be careful. Last thing I want to see is a person doing this out of love for lego get in trouble for doing it because they might not know better. So yes am I going to try to be as helpful as I can and say say 4 letter words like well to try and help people not end up being too disappointed yes! Am I going to do something stupid just to release a small amount of info? No. I know people will have different opinions then me but that’s just my 2 cents 

Edited by Falconfan1414