Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

47 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

I don't know some sort of room with floor and a roof.

It just sort of looks unfinished.

That would make no sense as the set itself has no floor, it would look awkward. 

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That would make no sense as the set itself has no floor, it would look awkward. 

It's easy enough to add a floor in if you want it for a display. A floor for the RoR would look weird on the standalone set, since there's barely any interior 

45 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

It's easy enough to add a floor in if you want it for a display. A floor for the RoR would look weird on the standalone set, since there's barely any interior 

That's not my point. 

The discussion was about an expansion for this set, a new kind of set that would be added on top of RoR.

Of course you can modify it however you want, because it's Lego, but that's not what this is about.

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The discussion was about an expansion for this set, a new kind of set that would be added on top of RoR.

Lego do have to strike a balance between sets looking good when they're all put together and when they're combined. As such, sets like the bathroom can be released such that they're compatible with other sets like the RoR, but the sets will be designed assuming they're the only set a customer owns. That was all I wanted to add - that the absence of a floor in the RoR set doesn't mean nothing can be added on top, since adding a floor is easily done for people who are combining the sets together.

I suspect this will be the norm for slfuture sets - smaller rooms without solid floors so as to make better play sets, but designed so that they're compatible with others if need be 

I definitely prefer having a floor, I've always hated sets that don't have enough room for all of the figures. Always a bit annoying to have to move a wall, a chalkboard, 3 figures, 3 patroni, and a dummy every time I want to move the set. Including the floor also makes the build look far more substantial to me. Taking that into account as well as the large sink and bathroom stall, if I was a parent I would definitely buy the bathroom set for my kid over the ROR. It just looks like more stuff.

As a collector I also prefer this format for Hogwarts interior focused sets. Being able to stack the sets on top of one another makes them far easier to display and takes up less shelf space.

7 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I definitely prefer having a floor, I've always hated sets that don't have enough room for all of the figures. Always a bit annoying to have to move a wall, a chalkboard, 3 figures, 3 patroni, and a dummy every time I want to move the set. Including the floor also makes the build look far more substantial to me. Taking that into account as well as the large sink and bathroom stall, if I was a parent I would definitely buy the bathroom set for my kid over the ROR. It just looks like more stuff.

It gives it much more structure and stability. If you can attach the walls to the floor, then you can move it without worrying about it falling or having to make multiple trips or worry about dropping everything with your hands full. So I agree with you!

18 hours ago, Textorix said:

And yet he didnt say anything :(

And he won't. I wrote to him and he said that he decided not to share his info due to falonfan's and guyon's warning 

31 minutes ago, Legofania said:

And he won't. I wrote to him and he said that he decided not to share his info due to falonfan's and guyon's warning 

Well that sucks... I was really looking forward to this info as D2C set is a big mystery. I hope that someone else will drop this leak.

Edited by Textorix

32 minutes ago, Legofania said:

It would be quite simple for anyone with the knowledge of these sets to create an anonymous burner account to release the info. Some people obviously feel superior having info that they can keep from others. I'm willing to bet most of these "sources" are obtained by casually chumming up to people they suspect to hold the info they need via social media until said "source" breaks. TBH id rather "leakers" didn't exist at all. Being patient and waiting for the official LEGO announcement would be preferable to entertaining the egos of certain "fans" who would be better off putting up or shutting up.

29 minutes ago, jmckrew said:

It would be quite simple for anyone with the knowledge of these sets to create an anonymous burner account to release the info.

Not this again :hmpf: 

1. You’re not allowed to create more than one account on EB.
  2. Way to betray your source’s trust :tongue:
  3. The leakers don’t have selfish motives as you insinuate, on the contrary, it’s about protecting their sources (projecting much?)
  4. Without our leakers, most of us would stil be expecting lots of DH sets. I’m very grateful our expectations were lowered to soften the blow

Yeah but it would be nice if we could know at least if we are getting Gringotts or USC Dobby sock kind of thing. I am lucky that I saved june wave pictures when they leaked but at the same time I get why picture leaks are bad for Lego as some fake lego companies could steal their designs but I will never understand why is Lego stopping set names and their description leaks. These are the good leaks which help Lego to build up hype of their fans.

15 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Way to betray your source’s trust :tongue:

KA1 said his source isnt so strict so he was basically allowed to share it until Guyon and Falconfan scared him out :D

Edited by Textorix

52 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not this again :hmpf: 

1. You’re not allowed to create more than one account on EB.
  2. Way to betray your source’s trust :tongue:
  3. The leakers don’t have selfish motives as you insinuate, on the contrary, it’s about protecting their sources (projecting much?)
  4. Without our leakers, most of us would stil be expecting lots of DH sets. I’m very grateful our expectations were lowered to soften the blow

1: true

2: true

3: not true. Its a selfish act to know the sets that are coming before they are released. They want to know the info. Its not like someone gives it to them out of good will and they decline the info. And Ofcourse they are happy to have the power to tell or not tell. Otherwise they would not tell us anything and keep the info to themselves. Its a bit naive to think they are helping us and not enjoy knowing the set info.

4: that’s personal. Some people like to think they are getting what they wish for. 

Just my two cents...nothing personal towards your opinion. 

Edited by Magnum

We are still expecting a new ‘student pack’ yes?

Most people assume it will be a quidditch set with each house represented by 1 player. I rely hope it comes with a full set of balls, brooms in different colours etc. My nightmare though would be if the characters themselves were the usual repeats we keep on getting. Legoharrypotterworld on IG today posted this set of custom figures:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxaQ_AJYRI/?igshid=g1oz7hupemd

Although they look great this is precisely the set of characters I really hope they do not do 🙈 we have enough spares of all these faces! 
What would be your ideal characters?

I would much rather see:

Gryffindor: Angelina Johnson (Uses the female genie hair in dark brown) 

Slytherin: Marcus Flint

Hufflepuff: Zacharias Smith

Ravenclaw: Roger Davies

And the new pint: 2x3 tile with a schematic of the quidditch pitch. 

10 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

We only know we're getting another accessory pack. It could be something with more students but it could also be something really different.

I personally hope it's a similar pack to the 2020 one but this time with robed students.

20 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Its a bit naive to think they are helping us and not enjoy knowing the set info.

They’re undeniably helping us by making sure we’re keeping our expectations on track :laugh: And there’s nothing to imply they actually enjoy possessing info they cannot share

21 minutes ago, Magnum said:

that’s personal. Some people like to think they are getting what they wish for.

Masochists perhaps :tongue: Prefering delusional dreams over reality is not very rational

17 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I’d rather have a Death Eater/Dementor/Snatcher pack, but I realise that’s not very realistic :grin: Or a pack filled with random wizards to inhabit DA or Hogsmeade.

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Or a pack filled with random wizards to inhabit DA or Hogsmeade

Unfortunately I don't think this is the sort of set that will really ever sell well enough to be a viable option. All the completionists and many of the denizens of forums like this will probably buy it, maybe even multiple times - but many kids aren't going to want a Harry Potter set full of characters they don't know (especially if they're genuinely random figures rather than just really obscure characters) and the fleshie figures will limit the appeal to people who want figures for their yellowhead Castle, etc. displays. Doing the same set with Harry and his mates will sell far more copies.

A safe bet for another accessory pack would be Hogwarts' Quidditch team in my opinon.

Just 4 minifgures, all of them in Quidditch suits, each one for different house. 

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

A safe bet for another accessory pack would be Hogwarts' Quidditch team in my opinon.

Just 4 minifgures, all of them in Quidditch suits, each one for different house. 

That's definitely the most likely option, considering all prints for the torso's already exist. Also wouldn't be the worst thing ever considering they'd be able to give us some more unique faces (come on LEGO, give me a Katie figure already!!!).

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's definitely the most likely option, considering all prints for the torso's already exist. Also wouldn't be the worst thing ever considering they'd be able to give us some more unique faces (come on LEGO, give me a Katie figure already!!!).

Knowing Lego we'd just get Harry, Malfoy, Cedric and Cho :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Most people assume it will be a quidditch set with each house represented by 1 player. I rely hope it comes with a full set of balls, brooms in different colours etc. My nightmare though would be if the characters themselves were the usual repeats we keep on getting. Legoharrypotterworld on IG today posted this set of custom figures:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxaQ_AJYRI/?igshid=g1oz7hupemd

Although they look great this is precisely the set of characters I really hope they do not do 🙈 we have enough spares of all these faces! 
What would be your ideal characters?

I would much rather see:

Gryffindor: Angelina Johnson (Uses the female genie hair in dark brown) 

Slytherin: Marcus Flint

Hufflepuff: Zacharias Smith

Ravenclaw: Roger Davies

And the new pint: 2x3 tile with a schematic of the quidditch pitch. 

Well we had Flint and I don't think they'll do him again

2 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Well we had Flint

Easy enough to stick in Higgs or Bole or someone. Even the female keeper from PS if they need the gender balance