Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Yope said:

What June sets are people most excited to get full pictures of?

Chamber of Secrets set for me, for two reasons.

1) I want to see what that Justin fig looks like

2) I want to know how many BURPs, LURPs and MURPs go into the rocky base (I'm hoping a great many!)

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

I think there arent many well known parts of the castle left which would look good as standalone set and could work with existing layout but I still have some ideas...

The Dark Tower (PoA), Boathouse and the Entrance/Viaduct Courtyard (DHII) have the potential to be good sets too, but not much opportunity in any for interiors. 

24 minutes ago, Yope said:

What June sets are people most excited to get full pictures of?  My order is this:

4. Fluffy's corridor.  We already know what Fluffy looks like and I'm not excited about the figs or interior of the build.

3. Girl's bathroom.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the sinks move, what Hermione's cat head looks like and finally seeing Crabbe and Goyle.

2. Hogsmeade.  I'm quite looking forward to seeing the figs but very excited to see the interiors.

1. Hogwarts Castle/CoS.  So many unknowns here, does the cliff open for the basilisk to enter the chamber?  What do any of the interiors feature?  Is there a slide? What does the CoS look like?  Mostly I can't wait to see what is for me by far the most exciting minifigure line up.

I'm kind of torn.

Hogsmeade already looks excellent, but if it looks excellent on a prelim picture, how good will it look on official pictures? I just can't wait to see it in it's full glory.

As for the rest of the sets, I want to see official pictures so that they may look better, because as of right now, I dislike all 3 of them.

I’ll just do a realistic list for the sets: 

$250: UCS Dobby Sock deluxe

$120:  Dobbys Sock Art Style

$60: Dobbys Sock Large 

$40: Dobbys Sock Deathly Hallows Version

$30: Mini Dobbys Sock 

1 minute ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Dark red for the bloodstains or a new colour? :devil:

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

Dark red for the bloodstains or a new colour? :devil:

Definitely a new color 

But In all seriousness, I think it is safe to assume the $120 set will be a Shrieking Shack

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

53 minutes ago, Seaber said:

The Dark Tower (PoA), Boathouse and the Entrance/Viaduct Courtyard (DHII) have the potential to be good sets too, but not much opportunity in any for interiors. 

Yeah I forgot Dark Tower, thats a good one I guess but Boathouse and Courtyard (Great Hall one) wouldnt work as there is no way it could be connected to 2018 Great Hall without heavy rebuild.

41 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

But In all seriousness, I think it is safe to assume the $120 set will be a Shrieking Shack

That would be waste of parts and big set spot. If we get Shrieking Shack $70 will be perfect price for a detailed building with nice minifig selection similar to Private Drive in terms of build quality.

If you guys can have only one set made doesnt matter the price to complete your collection what would it be.

For me I would have said CoS but a proper one that can combine with the existing ones but just wanna hear what are priorities.

For me CoS

Forbidden Corridor

Bell Towers 

Gringotts

Ministry of Magic

Shrieking Shack

43 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Definitely a new color 

Also a Golden Anniversary Dobby Sock

6 minutes ago, Juve said:

If you guys can have only one set made doesnt matter the price to complete your collection what would it be.

For me I would have said CoS but a proper one that can combine with the existing ones but just wanna hear what are priorities.

For me CoS

Forbidden Corridor

Bell Towers 

Gringotts

Ministry of Magic

Shrieking Shack

Hard to pick one rly. I would really love modular CoS set that would contain some castle build of west wing and would connect next to Great Hall as its impossible to go under it as some people here want. If it wasnt CoS then I would like Shrieking Shack with Warewolf Lupin minifigure.

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I’ll just do a realistic list for the sets: 

$250: UCS Dobby Sock deluxe

$120:  Dobbys Sock Art Style

$60: Dobbys Sock Large 

$30: Mini Dobbys Sock 

:laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I definitely want to see some cloisters; not sure how they'd do it though. I doubt this will happen, because it's not exciting enough for most kids, but I'd kill for an accurate library set. Maybe they could just do the Bodleian as an 18+ non-HP set lol

26 minutes ago, Juve said:

Modular 12 Grimmauld Place

27 minutes ago, Juve said:

[...] one set [...] complete your collection [...]

Those words... Is it even possible to use them in a sentence together like that? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

Chamber of Secrets set for me, for two reasons.

Agreed, but for a different reason, I want to see that Basilisk :wub: 

Do you guys think that maybe these preliminary pictures will be different from the final sets? I know there was a difference between the Great Hall at one of the fairs and the final product. If so, what do you think will be different?

2 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

Do you guys think that maybe these preliminary pictures will be different from the final sets? I know there was a difference between the Great Hall at one of the fairs and the final product. If so, what do you think will be different?

I highly doubt it will be different. The only thing I care about from june wave at this point are minifigures and Hogsmeade set. Forbidden Corridor and Bathroom sets will most likely go for parts and from Great Hall set I will probably buy just minifigures if I find good deal on BL.

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Those words... Is it even possible to use them in a sentence together like that? :laugh:

He was too busy crowing about Macedonia’s considerably normal and well regulated copyright laws to read it through :wall:

I don't understand, why so many people dislike girl's bathroom? Just look at it, it has sinks, amazing minifigures and toilet! 

3 minutes ago, Legofania said:

I don't understand, why so many people dislike girl's bathroom? Just look at it, it has sinks, amazing minifigures and toilet! 

I dont dislike it, I just dont know what to do with it. Maybe I will find some spot for it in my Hogwarts layout. I wouldnt call minifigs amazing until we see final prints for their faces and torsos.

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, Legofania said:

I don't hate it, but it's a bit boxy and the open roof doesn't look too good for display.

Just now, Textorix said:

I dont dislike it, I just dont know what to do with it. Maybe I will find some spot for it in my Hogwarts layout

Well you can connect it to the Hogwarts. Or just put it on the shelf, it looks good. Plus, personally I'm very excited about opening the entrance to Chamber

2 hours ago, Yope said:

What June sets are people most excited to get full pictures of?  My order is this:

4. Fluffy's corridor.  We already know what Fluffy looks like and I'm not excited about the figs or interior of the build.

3. Girl's bathroom.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the sinks move, what Hermione's cat head looks like and finally seeing Crabbe and Goyle.

2. Hogsmeade.  I'm quite looking forward to seeing the figs but very excited to see the interiors.

1. Hogwarts Castle/CoS.  So many unknowns here, does the cliff open for the basilisk to enter the chamber?  What do any of the interiors feature?  Is there a slide? What does the CoS look like?  Mostly I can't wait to see what is for me by far the most exciting minifigure line up.

1) Chamber of Secret: Very curious to see the interior of this beast, especially in the GH Tower portion. Gonna make or break the set. Also excited to see that new Lockhart and Dumbledore variants (Dumbledore has some great minifigs in the recent lineup) along with Colin Creevy.  Also seeing the first Lego Basilisk in HD 

2) Forbidden Corridor: Again the interior is the big wild card here, part of hopes it isn’t all hollow and there’s at least a portion for the Devil’s Snare and Trapdoor

3) Girl’s Bathroom: Cat Hermione mold is definitely the big draw here along with how the sinks move, hopefully revealing a hole that leads to a slide. 

4) Hogsmeade: This set looks great for what it’s representing but I’ve never cared for the location much myself. 

50 minutes ago, Juve said:

For me CoS

Forbidden Corridor

Bell Towers 

Gringotts

Ministry of Magic

Shrieking Shack

Atm, Dumstrang Ship and Second Task. Always had an affinity for the sea and for GOF so I’m a bit biased here. I really want to round off that book/film. Give us the boat, a bunch of sea floral where the hostages are tied up (Honestly it doesn’t even have to be screen accurate, make it more colorful to make it pop) and give us the docks they jump off. Minifigs: Gilly Harry, Shark Krum, Igor Karkaroff, Second Task Fleur, Gabriella, Rita Skeeter, Hermoine, Second Task Cedric, 4x mermaids, 6x Grindylow

A completely tricked out Gringott’s would be nice too. One that sizes with the rest of DA but comes with a fully fledged Ironbelly and a detachable underground portion with the minecarts and Lestrange and Potter vaults.

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

Well you can connect it to the Hogwarts. Or just put it on the shelf, it looks good. Plus, personally I'm very excited about opening the entrance to Chamber

Yeah but I can put every set on the shelf but I am not sure if this bathroom would look good with the rest of Hogwars because of the square shape of it but we will see, maybe I will change my opinion on this one.

3 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Gilly Harry, Shark Krum, Igor Karkaroff, Second Task Fleur, Gabriella, Rita Skeeter, Hermoine, Second Task Cedric, 4x mermaids, 6x Grindylow

Wow, that's... a lot of minifigs. Seriously, this set will cost at least $250

12 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Wow, that's... a lot of minifigs. Seriously, this set will cost at least $250

I mean that set would be perfectly fine as $70 one with just Harry, Shark Krum, Igor Karkaroff, Hermione, Ron and one or two Mermaids... no need to go crazy with this one. Rita is perfect choice for next CMF series tho.

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Hard to pick one rly. I would really love modular CoS set that would contain some castle build of west wing and would connect next to Great Hall as its impossible to go under it as some people here want. If it wasnt CoS then I would like Shrieking Shack with Warewolf Lupin minifigure.

My thoughts exactly 

41 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

He was too busy crowing about Macedonia’s considerably normal and well regulated copyright laws to read it through :wall:

hahaha I said one set or lets say a couple than that are the most essential to rounding out what we have. And our laws are quite fine in this regard 

32 minutes ago, RODDY said:

4) Hogsmeade: This set looks great for what it’s representing but I’ve never cared for the location much myself. 

An uncommon opinion, it seems, but one I actually share. Aside from the Three Broomsticks, everything in Hogsmeade seems like an afterthought in the films. In the books, especially after Prisoner of Azkaban, it's often a vessel for boring but necessary story movements that JK can dress up with a new location (the café where Harry and Cho go is springing to mind here). Given that the Shrieking Shack is separate enough both in geography and scenes taking place there that it will almost certainly be a separate set no matter how many times Lego run through Harry Potter, and the most we really see of elsewhere in Hogsmeade is a tiny glance at some shopfronts and about ten seconds inside Honeydukes, a Hogsmeade set is basically the Three Broomsticks and Friends.