Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

in the roof of Hogwarts Castle. Depending on the picture you look at, the amount varies from little tiny bits on some turrets to the entirety of the roof.

Care to direct me to the content that has the entire roof in copper?

Only area i can find that possibly is that,  the little section down on the right based on that real place.  Copper accents on most every spire sure, but copper roof as a thing isnt a defining  hogwarts feature

74406bd160976a2b244dbb0547fe0209.jpg

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

You know, we could also use some hats for Dobby as well...

I almost added hats to my comment.

After seeing that picture @deskp I think I need to build some Greenhouses.  Never realized how many there were.

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

Sure. I have never seen the image you linked before, I was referring to this picture:

Spoiler

6387054_orig.jpg

Found on a Google Image search for 'Hogwarts'. It may well be the lighting, but those roofs definitely look like a copppery green to me.

Edited by Alexandrina
Spoiler-tagged the image because of size

8 minutes ago, deskp said:

Only area i can find that possibly is that,  the little section down on the right based on that real place.  Copper accents on most every spire sure, but copper roof as a thing isnt a defining  hogwarts feature

Depends on wich shot from the movies you pick. In this shot of Hedwig returning to Hogwarts after winter (philosopher stone), the entire roof looks greenish to me. So that makes the roofs of the new (and older) sets much more screen-accurate.barbican-in-ss.png

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by mark1991t

I did a bit of photoshopping on the Hogsmeade set image and removed the watermarked brightened the picture up. Noticed a few things:

is the ridge plate on the Three broomsticks a new piece? Its acorn shape that's flat on one end.  Also when you remove the watermark above the front door there is a triangle shape that has the three brooms on it under the antler piece. Building looks to be nougat colour. 

The chimneys on Honeydukes are a brick and a plate wide, odd choice. 

Also both buildings have interior builds so it looks the most finished of all the new sets. 

Nah, roofs were never copper. they just take on the lighting of the sky.  

25 minutes ago, Micmac said:

I did a bit of photoshopping on the Hogsmeade set image and removed the watermarked brightened the picture up. Noticed a few things:

is the ridge plate on the Three broomsticks a new piece? Its acorn shape that's flat on one end. 

I think you are talking about the lego shield piece.

As a hogsmeade set i would have preffered if honeydukes was the same color as 3 broomsticks. They all look rather same in the films.

I wonder if i will mod the roof of Honeydukes to be cut off on the sides instead of slanted inwards as well.   the whole shop in lego looks a bit too... old German city or something. seems a bit out of place  for Hogsmeade.

Edited by deskp

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

I think you are talking about the lego shield piece.

Yes that's it. It looked odd in brown, I couldn't recognise it. 

Edited by Micmac

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

As the person who originally leaked the info that a UCS Dobby's sock set was planned (pretty sure that was me but that was a year ago and my memory isn't the best) I think I need to step in to remind everyone that the UCS Dobby's sock set isn't planned for release until at least 2022, and even then with how they're delaying other important sets I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get released next year either. LEGO may even delay it until the very end of the HP line so they can keep us buying these sets for awhile. 

Really hate to lower everyone's expectations even more after the main august wave but the 2021 D2C will not be a UCS Dobby's Sock. 

Noooo. HOW DARE YOU SIR (Snark) :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

how dare you harry potter gif | WiffleGif

A quick question to any who may know—since MandR is out of LAN, can he leak again, or is it too risky? Given what our leaker friends have told us, it seems to be the latter, and LEGO used a copyright strike instead of requesting him to take it down (which they possibly did, we just don’t know) it may not matter that he is no longer in the network. IIRC, he had a list of HP sets and was planning to leak them. That said, it might have just been the June wave.

9 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

A quick question to any who may know—since MandR is out of LAN, can he leak again, or is it too risky? Given what our leaker friends have told us, it seems to be the latter, and LEGO used a copyright strike instead of requesting him to take it down (which they possibly did, we just don’t know) it may not matter that he is no longer in the network. IIRC, he had a list of HP sets and was planning to leak them. That said, it might have just been the June wave.

Not on Youtube apparently. According to him, Lego is threatening any content creator who even speaks about possible upcoming sets in a video with a copyright strike. He said that under their new policies, if he was to make it now, even though he is out of LAN, the video that he made last year speculating that a UCS Imperial Shuttle was coming would have been hit with a copyright strike by Lego, even though that it a) never used any 'unreleased' copyrighted images b) was just a rumour video and c) turned out to be false (at least for 2021). Theoretically he could leak it via some other social media, but why would he risk it?

Edited by BacktoBricks

32 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Not on Youtube apparently. According to him, Lego is threatening any content creator who even speaks about possible upcoming sets in a video with a copyright strike. He said that under their new policies, if he was to make it now, even though he is out of LAN, the video that he made last year speculating that a UCS Imperial Shuttle was coming would have been hit with a copyright strike by Lego, even though that it a) never used any 'unreleased' copyrighted images b) was just a rumour video and c) turned out to be false (at least for 2021). Theoretically he could leak it via some other social media, but why would he risk it?

Lego is just so dumb on this issue. Never understood the whole copyright drama. Who cares. You will have your product sold either way. And to be honest no court should even entertain the whole copyright BS

Bit of speculation: I think the lowest level of the right section of the Hogwarts/CoS set (that's a mouthful) might have a slide and the Basilisk's shedded skin. I believe @Yope pointed out that the Bathrooms base is 2 plates thick instead of the usual 1, accomodating a potential hole underneath the sink. I saw a pic of the 3 sets together not long ago (supposedly LEGO's recommended arrangement) and the Bathroom module replaces the 2-window module above the 1st floor of the tower section so it would make sense if that's what the lower section holds in terms of interior. Again, this is pure speculation. 

8 minutes ago, Juve said:

Lego is just so dumb on this issue. Never understood the whole copyright drama. Who cares. You will have your product sold either way. And to be honest no court should even entertain the whole copyright BS

Lego has the right to be in control of when and how their products get revealed to the world, not some YouTube no mark. I dare say that there aren’t that many companies that have such a circus surrounding leaking product reveals. They are a private company, they shouldn’t have to put just as much effort into protecting product releases as they do into the products themselves. Of course a court should entertain this, it’s an ownership and privacy issue as much as it is a copyright one. They don’t owe you anything. I appreciate that this is veering off topic, and I shall return to anticipating the sets.

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bit of speculation: I think the lowest level of the right section of the Hogwarts/CoS set (that's a mouthful) might have a slide and the Basilisk's shedded skin.

How might lego make shredded skin?  bunch of "teeth" bricks around like scales?

4 minutes ago, deskp said:

How might lego make shredded skin?  bunch of "teeth" bricks around like scales?

I suppose a few stickers on curved pieces would be enough. Lego did a nice job of the bear skin rug in the blacksmiths 

35 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Lego has the right to be in control of when and how their products get revealed to the world, not some YouTube no mark. I dare say that there aren’t that many companies that have such a circus surrounding leaking product reveals. They are a private company, they shouldn’t have to put just as much effort into protecting product releases as they do into the products themselves. Of course a court should entertain this, it’s an ownership and privacy issue as much as it is a copyright one. They don’t owe you anything. I appreciate that this is veering off topic, and I shall return to anticipating the sets.

They owe me as a consumer. I just dont think anyone should get in trouble for a toy or something non essential for example lego. Its not like they are war plans or national security documents. If you dont want anything leaked then try to cover it. If someone finds out about it its your fault. I completely support people who would leak something since why wouldnt they and I also think its benefitial for lego itself since it hypes the product up. Not to go too much off topic but Im so happy that in my country the court would laugh at you if you sue someone for leaks or copyrights or something like that. Once its out its everyones property. But thats just us, dont know how it is in other parts.

Okay, seeing as how we might be getting news of everything in the August wave tomorrow, I suppose this is the last day to put out our predictions.

So, behold my realistically disappointing August wave draft, complete with out-of-order set numbers (I think it flows better this way).

Also, this is presuming we're getting another Anniversary wave. (Despite that, I'm not mentioning which golden characters would appear in which sets, since unlike SW 20th Anniv. and Ninjago Legacy, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the distribution of gold figures in these sets.)

76393 ($120) Hogwarts Express Departure - Since a major complaint with the 2018 version was how short it was, this model would be much more accurately proportioned. It would also include a much better carriage design (complete with an opening door for boarding) and a build of Hogsmeade Station, in the style of Honeydukes and TTB. Figures would include Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville (all in Gryffindor robes), Hagrid, the conductor, and a luggage handler. While this would be a big improvement over the 2018 set, it wouldn't interest most who have that set, especially with a rather bland figure selection. Also, just the fact that this would make both of our big 2021 sets be remakes of 2018 sets would be pretty disappointing, all quality aside.

76395 ($30) Quidditch Dementor Attack - A Quidditch set more in the style of the 2002 and 2010 sets, with three separate hoops and a single tower for the referee. It would also include a single section of the wooden stands, helping to justify that price. Figures include Harry (w/ goggles), Cedric (w/ goggles), Madam Hooch, and 2 Dementors, plus Padfoot. 

76392 ($60) Shrieking Shack - Come on, it's not as though the wave can be all bad, LEGO still has a vested interest in making money, even off of people who aren't interested in remakes of 2018 sets. The Shrieking Shack is one of the last major requests they've had since 2018, which, judging by Fluffy and the COS, is clearly a goal of this year's sets. The house build would be larger than Honeydukes and TTB, and have a deep interior similar to Privet Drive; however, it would be rather empty. Figures would include Harry, Ron, Sirius, Lupin, and Wormtail: All in variants we've either had before or have had very similar versions to before, so that would be disappointing to y'all, especially with the set lacking a Wolf!Lupin.

76394 ($40) - Not really sure what this one could be. Skip!

76391 ($250) Gringotts Wizarding Bank - Look, even lowering expectations as much as possible, I still can't see anything else taking the $250 D2C slot, and haven't heard any plausible ideas anywhere over the last ~70 pages of discussion. That being said, it's still likely this set won't live up to the hype- underwhelming and too small minifigure selection, boring interior, no cart section, no dragon- but I still believe it will happen this year.

I’ll take you up on that @Retro Brick Reviews
250–I agree, it probably will be Gringotts. That said, I also think a D2C Burrow could happen.

120–Hogsmeade, but with only three stores: Zonkos, Shack, and Hogs Head. 
That said, this will probably be a Hogwarts extension

60–Quidditch set, but with six hoops and 2 stands

30–Smaller Hogwarts extensions, like the rest of the forbidden corridor.

40–Niffler

4 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I’ll take you up on that @Retro Brick Reviews
250–I agree, it probably will be Gringotts. That said, I also think a D2C Burrow could happen.

I've heard a lot of people mention the D2C Burrow, but I really doubt we'll get a $250 set of something we just got as a $100 set only one year ago. There isn't an exceptional amount you could do with the Burrow beyond what they already did in 2020, and this set likely wouldn't sell very well at all as a result. 

7 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

120–Hogsmeade, but with only three stores: Zonkos, Shack, and Hogs Head. 
That said, this will probably be a Hogwarts extension

While this would be nice, it's extremely unlikely that LEGO would put out two different sets of several Hogsmeade buildings at the same time. If they wanted to release all five at once, they'd have been packed all together as a D2C.

9 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

40–Niffler

I considered the Niffler, but iirc @Guyon2002 said that there won't be any FB sets this year, so no Niffler quite yet.

How about, both rising to the hype AND lowering expectations at the same time, a nanoscale UCS Dobby's Sock. Incredible complexity, executed with a mere 19 pieces. Two of which are new moulds.

Or, a macroscale version of the printed tile? 3156 pieces all put together to perfectly represent a 1x2 tile with sock print. Using the old grey.

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I've heard a lot of people mention the D2C Burrow, but I really doubt we'll get a $250 set of something we just got as a $100 set only one year ago. There isn't an exceptional amount you could do with the Burrow beyond what they already did in 2020, and this set likely wouldn't sell very well at all as a result. 

While this would be nice, it's extremely unlikely that LEGO would put out two different sets of several Hogsmeade buildings at the same time. If they wanted to release all five at once, they'd have been packed all together as a D2C.

I considered the Niffler, but iirc @Guyon2002 said that there won't be any FB sets this year, so no Niffler quite yet.

I definitely forgot about the FB thing. I will replace it with a Crookshanks build, cause there has to be a statue in there somewhere (I would love a pigwigeon based on the games, but one can only dream). While it is rare, there have been D2Cs based on sets that have come out only one year before or after—look at the Star Wars Snowspeeders, Hulkbuster, even the D2C Hogwarts is mostly GH based. That said, you are probably right, but it is not impossible. The same is true for the Hogsmeade, as there have been sets that connect to each other released in the same year, like the Ghost and Phantom, Helm’s Deep and the extension, Benatar and Thor’s Weapon Quest—but those are all one large set with one small set. I could see two Hogsmeade sets in one year as disappointing, however.

Edited by Brickroll

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

How about, both rising to the hype AND lowering expectations at the same time, a nanoscale UCS Dobby's Sock. Incredible complexity, executed with a mere 19 pieces. Two of which are new moulds.

Or, a macroscale version of the printed tile? 3156 pieces all put together to perfectly represent a 1x2 tile with sock print. Using the old grey.

Perhaps something like a D2C Maurader's Map Wall Art? 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bit of speculation: I think the lowest level of the right section of the Hogwarts/CoS set (that's a mouthful) might have a slide and the Basilisk's shedded skin. I believe @Yope pointed out that the Bathrooms base is 2 plates thick instead of the usual 1, accomodating a potential hole underneath the sink. I saw a pic of the 3 sets together not long ago (supposedly LEGO's recommended arrangement) and the Bathroom module replaces the 2-window module above the 1st floor of the tower section so it would make sense if that's what the lower section holds in terms of interior. Again, this is pure speculation. 

That makes sense, I posted a few days ago that the side under the Great Hall looks like it make have a few light blueish grey pieces which could be the Slytherin statue, as well as a rock piece that doesn't look attached which may be how the Basilisk gets in the statue's mouth. 

My current guess is the Great Hall contains a Duelling Club scene, with the other half having Lockhart's DADA on the lower section (probably with a mysterious hole in the floor in case the owner doesn't get the bathroom set) and another Dumbledore's office in the upper level. The turret may have an Owlery or Astronomy Tower section too. 

6 hours ago, Juve said:

They owe me as a consumer. I just dont think anyone should get in trouble for a toy or something non essential for example lego. Its not like they are war plans or national security documents.

TLG only owe you what you purchase from them though :tongue: Being customers, they don’t owe us confidential information. Sure it’s not that important on a global scale, however it is essential to them as a licensee. I imagine most licensers aren’t too happy when upcoming products get leaked so often, especially when as-of-yet unreleased movies are involved :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak