Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

I had this idea circling in my mind for a while: would it be possible for Lego to print on the "inner" side of an arm (where the wrist is)? I'm talking of course about giving Death Eaters The Dark Marks. It would be a nice innovation to introduce, most likely in a CMF. I know it's not very practical as minifigs can't twist their arms like humans and you'd have to raise their arms to see it, but I'd love  if they included that detail - and obviously printing on the visible side of an arm is out of the question,

Possible? Probably. Necessary? Not really. 

There aren't a lot of cases where inner-arm printing would actually be necessary, even for Death Eaters it would just be a nice bonus that wouldn't be visible most of the time. If LEGO changes something about printing I'd want them to normalise legprinting and stop reusing so many faceprints that don't fit new characters, it's 2021 and there are still a ton of figures that are severely lacking on those fronts. Armprinting and dualmolded legs/arms are nice extra details but the fact many characters still don't get the legprinting/unique head they need is honestly just sad imo. But at least it looks like they'll be improving this if the Eternals sets are representive of what LEGO will be doing in the near future.

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If LEGO changes something about printing I'd want them to normalise legprinting and stop reusing so many faceprints that don't fit new characters, it's 2021 and there are still a ton of figures that are severely lacking on those fronts. Armprinting and dualmolded legs/arms are nice extra details but the fact many characters still don't get the legprinting/unique head they need is honestly just sad imo.

The thing is, dual molded legs are more versatile than printed legs. If you had a fully accurate print of, say, Boba Fett's legs, that makes Boba look fantastic but the legs are hard to use for something else. On the other hand things like the dual molded Sprout legs can be used in far more MOCs. For that reason, I imagine Lego will keep having more dual moulded than printed legs. 

Honestly I want to hear what KA1 Has to say Asap, I am surprised that I am the only one that is more than tired of Guyon holding all the Info and being dramatic over the August wave which made the whole forum for a few pages a dumpster fire.

He does not deserve respect at all for making the forum toxic at all.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

You can't blame him only because he's trying to prepare us for what's coming. Also, all is better than nothing.

31 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Honestly I want to hear what KA1 Has to say Asap, I am surprised that I am the only one that is more than tired of Guyon holding all the Info and being dramatic over the August wave which made the whole forum for a few pages a dumpster fire.

I think it's hard to judge tone/intention on here.  I think @Guyon2002 was simply advising us to temper our expectations (which I'm personally happy about as it will likely lessen any disappointment), its been some of the users who have been dramatic about it in my opinion.  And it's not up to @Guyon2002 what can or can't be shared, this is up to whoever the source is and there's no need to get any negative attention from Lego. 

Edited by Yope

I readily admit that I was among the drama queens, but hearing about that wave after looking forward to it as much as I did was a pretty big blow. Of course I’m fully aware we’re just talking about mere toys here, but this year’s HP sets were the thing I was looking forward the most for the entire year after my other hobbies were forced to take a backseat thanks to Covid :shrug_oh_well: So I apologise if I annoyed anyone with my occassional hyperbolic comment :laugh:

34 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

@Guyon2002 deserves a lot of respect from members here and has legitimate connections to people in the know. I took his attempts at communication with us as an attempt to be reality- based and not have expectations run so wild, we'd be thoroughly disappointed in the rest of 2021's lineup. He Guyon wants HP to continue on and if we were so incredibly disappointed and angry at Lego for killing our expectations we didn't buy them, then HP would no longer exist. Guyon has a very fine line to thread and has to be incredibly careful. Guyon could just stop posting here at all, but thankfully, I appreciate and respect here on this forum and elsewhere. 

For those that have been a bit dramatic, this just came as a shock. Time will heal that and sometimes reality is a bitter pill to take that takes getting used to. 

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I readily admit that I was among the drama queens, but hearing about that wave after looking forward to it as much as I did was a pretty big blow. Of course I’m fully aware we’re just talking about mere toys here, but this year’s HP sets were the thing I was looking forward the most for the entire year after my other hobbies were forced to take a backseat thanks to Covid :shrug_oh_well: So I apologise if I annoyed anyone with my occassional hyperbolic comment :laugh:

No need for the apology!  It's all part of the fun as far as I'm concerned.  A curveball like we've had with this year's sets is a magnet for overreaction.  I've got to the point now of just being intrigued about what August could bring, I'm sure it'll be more anniversary sets but it's exciting to have no real idea!

12 minutes ago, Yope said:

I think it's hard to judge tone/intention on here.  I think @Guyon2002 was simply advising us to temper our expectations (which I'm personally happy about as it will likely lessen any disappointment), its been some of the users who have been dramatic about it in my opinion.  And it's not up to @Guyon2002 what can or can't be shared, this is up to whoever the source is and there's no need to get any negative attention from Lego. 

Have you not seen the forum at that time? It was more toxic and dramatic than when the 2020 marvel stuff was revealed

Whatever, people will probably love the sets seeing as I have seen in the review for the great hall, they hated that set. 

6 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

@Guyon2002 deserves a lot of respect from members here and has legitimate connections to people in the know. I took his attempts at communication with us as an attempt to be reality- based and not have expectations run so wild, we'd be thoroughly disappointed in the rest of 2021's lineup. He Guyon wants HP to continue on and if we were so incredibly disappointed and angry at Lego for killing our expectations we didn't buy them, then HP would no longer exist. Guyon has a very fine line to thread and has to be incredibly careful. Guyon could just stop posting here at all, but thankfully, I appreciate and respect here on this forum and elsewhere. 

For those that have been a bit dramatic, this just came as a shock. Time will heal that and sometimes reality is a bitter pill to take that takes getting used to. 

Well I sure don’t respect him for one reason since he tried to get me banned off Eurobricks. There are I say around 300-1000 people on this forum and about 10,000 who bring profit to The Harry Potter line, so what we can do? Lego does not care about any of the forum’s opinions since we aren’t the target audience. We can’t change that at all

1 minute ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Have you not seen the forum at that time? It was more toxic and dramatic than when the 2020 marvel stuff was revealed

Overdramatic? Definitely. Toxic? Nah :laugh: Unless it’s toxic to make fun of a wave of LEGO sets by coming up with ludricously bad set lists :grin: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Overdramatic? Definitely. Toxic? Nah :laugh: Unless it’s toxic to make fun of a wave of LEGO sets by coming up with ludricously bad set lists :grin: 

I dunno, I have seen people call it repulsive lmao

1 minute ago, Yope said:

No need for the apology!  It's all part of the fun as far as I'm concerned.  A curveball like we've had with this year's sets is a magnet for overreaction.  I've got to the point now of just being intrigued about what August could bring, I'm sure it'll be more anniversary sets but it's exciting to have no real idea!

@Lego-Freak I agree. I was shocked at first too and similar, but then, as @Yope suggests, was all part of the fun. I really enjoyed thinking up crazy the August wave ideas -  speculating on both realistic wave and worst case scenario humorous ones. I'll be buying them regardless. 

Now, if I don't get a D2C 250 Dobby's Sock...I'll just faint. 

2 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Whatever, people will probably love the sets seeing as I have seen in the review for the great hall, they hated that set. 

I don't deny that there was outcry!  But I think a lot of us are thankful for being nudged to set more modest expectations.

With regards to the great hall - I'm personally still not a fan, but I agree that people will warm up to these a lot. The full sets with stickers and new minifigs and creatures will give us all plenty to enjoy.

4 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Well I sure don’t respect him for one reason since he tried to get me banned off Eurobricks. There are I say around 300-1000 people on this forum and about 10,000 who bring profit to The Harry Potter line, so what we can do? Lego does not care about any of the forum’s opinions since we aren’t the target audience. We can’t change that at all

So...if I am understanding your posts, it's not that you don't respect him for his leaks or any of his actions posting of recent but it's just a personal vendetta you're against? 

Please, don't be a deatheater. I'd be curious WHY at this point but this is not the place to air personal conflict. 

Back to Lego - Dobby's Sock - Must have or ABSOLUTE HAVE? 

2 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

So...if I am understanding your posts, it's not that you don't respect him for his leaks or any of his actions posting of recent but it's just a personal vendetta you're against? 

Please, don't be a deatheater. I'd be curious WHY at this point but this is not the place to air personal conflict. 

Obviously ABSOLUTE HAVE. 

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I am tired of waiting and being teased but saying he is making this forum toxic and he doesnt deserve respect is over the top. We can still thank him for info he gave us and that he kinda prepared us for what will come in august.

Edited by Textorix

What do people think about the olive green colour choice for the basilisk (assuming that's what it ends up being)?  I don't mind it but part of me feels that sand green, dark green or dark bluish grey might have been more accurate.  If there was a dark teal colour then that would have done a nice job. 

Just now, Yope said:

What do people think about the olive green colour choice for the basilisk (assuming that's what it ends up being)?  I don't mind it but part of me feels that sand green, dark green or dark bluish grey might have been more accurate.  If there was a dark teal colour then that would have done a nice job. 

I love olive green, so I don’t really care all that much about how accurate it is. Similar to Jabba or Smaug, who both might not have the most accurate colours out there but I still couldn’t imagine with any other colour scheme :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

...why do I have a feeling someone on the design team is monitoring us and will make the set happen at one point just to troll us? :tongue: (Preferably as a GWP of course)

That’s definitely something I would do :devil:

Lastly, I think people as in you know who I mean are being dramatic, I have been lurking the forum since 2018 and people hated the 2020 sets especially the Astronomy Tower and now people love it so

watch people love the August wave about 6 months later

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

8 minutes ago, Yope said:

I agree. Seems decent in the spec pics, but defintiely could see a darker color being a bit better. Wonder what the final will look like! 

12 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Its not a vendetta, its just a point. However it is mostly the fact that all his teasing made the forum extremely dramatic. 

but yeah WHERE IS MY UCS DOBBYS SOCK LEGO

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

...why do I have a feeling someone on the design team is monitoring us and will make the set happen at one point just to troll us? :tongue: (Preferably as a GWP of course)

That’s definitely something I would do :devil:

I am actually kind of surprised we haven’t had a ton of hidden jokes in the sets. With the upcoming Vidiyo sets, there is a great opportunity for a Rickroll, so I hope they do that...

15 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Must have if it's a large-scale version of the 1x2 tile from the original Dobby's Release set, complete with grey rectangle.

Absolute have if the rectangle is the old grey.

Alternatively, I'd buy it if the sock is functional. That way I could have two and wear them out and about!

Just now, Textorix said:

So tomorrow we either find out what D2C and $119.99 sets gonna be or we get trolled by fake info :D

Or both. It could be a lucky guess.