Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

False alarm guys, the pic of the golden hairpieces was posted by a misprint/prototype collector. Should’ve looked into the account, my bad :blush: Moreover, they posted a picture of the golden Draco hairpiece in the beginning of January, so there’s no way it’s from the August wave :tongue:

11 hours ago, Micmac said:

I see Ryan MandRproductions got kicked out of LAN. Not because of his leaks or wanting to report on leaks according to him, not a good fit for the program. 

:pir-huzzah2: I am sure that the leaks has nothing to do with it :hmpf: However it is right that he is not a good fit for the program and never was..

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll just come straight to the point and tell you guys that I have no intention of confirming or debunking this information when KA1 puts it out. I know a lot of eyes are likely to be set on me and @Falconfan1414 for verification and that staying silent without explanation will most likely result in people making conclusions based on it so that's why I'm letting you know.

I know all of you really want to know what the D2C and August sets are and wether or not the warnings/advices given to you were justified and trust me when I say I want to tell, I really do. But as explained by Falconfan LEGO has always taken D2C related leaks very seriously and they are really cracking down hard on leakers as of late. If the info is true and LEGO starts a witchhunt to find those responsible for the leak I do not want to be held accountable in any way, shape or form.

I want to keep my sources happy and I prefer not having LEGO's legal team breathing down my neck. I really hope you guys respect this decision but just in case some people don't agree: coming up with potential ways for me to get indirectly involved or starting an argument about this is a waste of your time. 

Yes, better not to take any chances it is not worth it :def_shrug: Thanks to the above mentioned YouTuber it looks like TLG is cracking even harder down on leaks from now on and it would not make any sense if that do not also apply to non LAN member *huh*

11 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

My expectations are so low, but if we get Fang and a Unicorn in the second wave I will be a happy camper.

Me too :grin:

I do not like pearl gold and putting figs in every set with that colour really is a waste of figs to me, maybe the kids will like it :shrug_oh_well:

44 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I do not like pearl gold and putting figs in every set with that colour really is a waste of figs to me, maybe the kids will like it :shrug_oh_well:

If you think of them as extra figures that wouldn't otherwise have been included rather than a spot taken up in the set, it's a lot more bearable! 

17 hours ago, Textorix said:

Sounds fake... Its supposed to be disappointing like Guyon and Falconfan hinted. This would more or less please most of us.

It doesn't suppose to be disappointing. Everyone were so excited about August wave, so Guyon said to lower our expectations 

So let me get this straight because maybe I’m just not getting it but this wave has really confused me.  Are the new parts to Hogwarts getting attached to the castle we have now or are we now building a brand new one? 

6 minutes ago, Legofania said:

It doesn't suppose to be disappointing. Everyone were so excited about August wave, so Guyon said to lower our expectations 

Yeah but if we got Gringotts and Grimmauld place I would be wery excited no matter what other sets would be :D

Edited by Textorix

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Yeah but if we got Grindotts and Grimmauld place I would be wery excited no matter what other sets would be :D

True. I hope one day we get Grimmauld Place, with Sirius, Kreacher and maybe even few members of Order of the Phoenix, like Tonks

7 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

So let me get this straight because maybe I’m just not getting it but this wave has really confused me.  Are the new parts to Hogwarts getting attached to the castle we have now or are we now building a brand new one? 

Well yes and no... Its can be connected to latest Hogwarts sets but its not supposed to and it would look ugly I guess. So basically this is a new castle but that doesnt mean Lego is rebooting entire theme and that they wont return to 2018-2020 style of Hogwarts. We have to wait and see what august wave brings up. If there will be another Hogwarts sets with green roofs based on og 2001-2002 sets that might be a warning sign this theme is changing its direction...

Edited by Textorix

12 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Well yes and no... Its can be connected to latest Hogwarts sets but its not supposed to and it would look ugly I guess. So basically this is a new castle but that doesnt mean Lego is rebooting entire theme and that they wont return to 2018-2020 style of Hogwarts. We have to wait and see what august wave brings up. If there will be another Hogwarts sets with green roofs based on og 2001-2002 sets that might be a warning sign this theme is changing its direction...

I'm pretty sure that August wave is anniversary wave, too. Probably next normal Hogwarts part will be released only in 2022

Wonder if we'll get winter sets in 2022 

12 minutes ago, Legofania said:

I'm pretty sure that August wave is anniversary wave, too. Probably next normal Hogwarts part will be released only in 2022

I imagine we would. Even if it’s just something small like the Moments sets this year 

14 minutes ago, Legofania said:

I'm curious to see what will be on the box.
If there is a "Harry Potter Anniversary" logo on there I am still convinced that Lego will go back to the style of 2018 after that.
Whether that's as early as August or as late as 2022.

Good chance we will get Moments sets again next year there is still some room for other "Moments".
And it would be a shame not to use those special book pieces again for Lego.

If the anniversary style sets are ending this year then it must be some kind of closure that the sets combine and form some sort of finished build of the castle I think. Other than just giving us gold figs of the most famous characters, if it is not then the chance that the style continues next year is bigger in my mind :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

If you think of them as extra figures that wouldn't otherwise have been included rather than a spot taken up in the set, it's a lot more bearable! 

Yes, but with Lego that is probably not the case :tongue: 

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, but with Lego that is probably not the case :tongue: 

You sure? The amount of minifigs in these sets is still impressive, even without the golden minifigs. And in the case of the bathroom and Fluffy sets, an additional regular minifig wouldn’t have made much sense anyway :shrug_oh_well:

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

You sure? The amount of minifigs in these sets is still impressive, even without the golden minifigs. And in the case of the bathroom and Fluffy sets, an additional regular minifig wouldn’t have made much sense anyway :shrug_oh_well:

Maybe not, but if the minifig amount is on par then I assume something else is missing. Since the designers have a budget to follow and if they add a minifig something else has to go, at least that is how it normally is  :shrug_oh_well: 

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope you guys respect this decision

Definitely respect the decision. No need to jeopardize anyone's reputation. The sets are what they are, set in stone :wink: at this point and knowing them ahead of time kind of spoils the fun/surprise anyway.

9 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Definitely respect the decision. No need to jeopardize anyone's reputation. The sets are what they are, set in stone :wink: at this point and knowing them ahead of time kind of spoils the fun/surprise anyway.

If knowing what sets are ahead of their release spoils the fun for you, then I don't know what you're doing here.

Just to be clear, I don't want it to sound rude. But that's basically what this forum is about, discussing leaks and rumours.

When Lego reveals official pictures of the sets themselves, there's usually not much discussion left.

I think it's clear these sets are a one off.  The green roofs, stackable modules, gold figs, throwback scenes etc. are all because it's an anniversary year.  But it's surely a one-off for the 20th anniversary and we'll get the DH sets next year.

Personally I quite like the change of pace this year, it's a fun idea and they've used it to fill in the gaps where we missed certain sets (e.g. Chamber of secrets) which would not be at all compatible with the 2018-2020 sets.

I guess all this year's sets are going to be anniversary themed. I assume they'll do DH next year. I really doubt LEGO would skip DH, it's definitely not too dark for them, they made sets of dark things before (graveyard for example). I mean, I doubt they'll give us minifigs with alternate faces to represent their deaths, but there's more than enough to make a decent wave out of.

9 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

I assume they'll do DH next year.

I do hope so, but we thought the same thing about Gringotts last year. We can never be too sure since TLG work in mysterious ways :tongue:

And if they don’t release DH sets next year, we at least get to see a man devouring his own hand. That sure is gonna be a sight to behold :laugh_hard:

50 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If knowing what sets are ahead of their release spoils the fun for you, then I don't know what you're doing here.

Just to be clear, I don't want it to sound rude. But that's basically what this forum is about, discussing leaks and rumours.

When Lego reveals official pictures of the sets themselves, there's usually not much discussion left.

Fair point, and not rude at all. I appreciate the comment. I suppose I enjoy the general discussion about sets on this forum more than the rumors/leaks themselves. There is more thrill for me when finding out what a set is the day it's released than from a leak, but seeing/hearing about leaks and rumors is not enough to spoil the fun entirely. They are still enjoyable. Should have phrased it differently, my apologies.

20 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

I doubt they'll give us minifigs with alternate faces to represent their deaths, 

What would that look like, anyway? I'm picturing Tonks with her eyes closed, maybe Lavender with bite marks on her face... 

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

What would that look like, anyway? I'm picturing Tonks with her eyes closed, maybe Lavender with bite marks on her face... 

Give me Confettimort :laugh_hard:

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Give me Confettimort :laugh_hard:

That made me laugh, thank you :grin: One problem though,  it couldn't be an alternate face, he doesn't have any headgear and thus will never have a seconday expression. Although I wouldn't mind getting it as the main face.

I had this idea circling in my mind for a while: would it be possible for Lego to print on the "inner" side of an arm (where the wrist is)? I'm talking of course about giving Death Eaters The Dark Marks. It would be a nice innovation to introduce, most likely in a CMF. I know it's not very practical as minifigs can't twist their arms like humans and you'd have to raise their arms to see it, but I'd love  if they included that detail - and obviously printing on the visible side of an arm is out of the question,