Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I just thought of something maybe Guyon2002 and Falconfan1414 shouldn't respond to the leaks from KA1. Hear me out let's say he is lying (I am not saying he is but hypothetically) and he says we are getting a d2c Grinngotts and then either Guyon2002 or Falconfan1414 would say no that's wrong were not getting that (In this hypothetical scenario I am not saying we aren't getting a d2c Grinngotts and that I know no Grinngotts is happening) then he's kicked off the forum for promoting fake leaks. All is well? No, because then he can create a new account this time saying the d2c is a microscale Hogwarts expansion then that's debunked and slowly we cross off each possible idea for a set until eventually KA1 hits the nail on the head and guesses correctly. I am not saying I don't want to know what the d2c is but I don't want to risk losing 2 reliable sources of information over it maybe it is best if KA1 doesn't share his information.

14 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I just thought of something maybe Guyon2002 and Falconfan1414 shouldn't respond to the leaks from KA1. Hear me out let's say he is lying (I am not saying he is but hypothetically) and he says we are getting a d2c Grinngotts and then either Guyon2002 or Falconfan1414 would say no that's wrong were not getting that (In this hypothetical scenario I am not saying we aren't getting a d2c Grinngotts and that I know no Grinngotts is happening) then he's kicked off the forum for promoting fake leaks. All is well? No, because then he can create a new account this time saying the d2c is a microscale Hogwarts expansion then that's debunked and slowly we cross off each possible idea for a set until eventually KA1 hits the nail on the head and guesses correctly. I am not saying I don't want to know what the d2c is but I don't want to risk losing 2 reliable sources of information over it maybe it is best if KA1 doesn't share his information.

I suppose it could potentially work the first or second time, but eventually it becomes an @LordVoldemort situation: it’s so obviously fake that they no longer need to confirm or deny.

Edited by Brickroll

Has anyone promoted a leak that said the D2C is Gringotts and Falcon and/or Guyon denied it? I mean personally it would be nice to get a soft confirmation that it’s not Gringotts so we can just end the madness. 

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

I mean personally it would be nice to get a soft confirmation that it’s not Gringotts so we can just end the madness. 

They can't confirm it's not Gringotts if it is Gringotts! :devil_laugh:

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

Has anyone promoted a leak that said the D2C is Gringotts and Falcon and/or Guyon denied it? I mean personally it would be nice to get a soft confirmation that it’s not Gringotts so we can just end the madness. 

Not directly, but it's pretty obvious there's no Gringotts set coming, judging by the way they talk about these sets :hmpf_bad:

Have you seen the new golden hairpieces (Draco's and Snape's) on IG? They look legit to me, but which sets are they from? :wacko: Or did the golden minifig craze spill over on BAM too? :tongue:

9 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Do we even need to confirm? The D2C will obviously be microscale Diagon Alley.

Even worse: Ukrainian Ironbelly sculpture on top of Gringotts' broken dome (without the rest of the building), three out of scale minifigs on top of it. And it's the only DH set we're gonna get, the theme ends this year :devil_laugh:

I see Ryan MandRproductions got kicked out of LAN. Not because of his leaks or wanting to report on leaks according to him, not a good fit for the program. 

I've already had to drop warnings in this thread about deviating into political, left-right talk. You should know not to, so, next time it happens, every single person engaging in the discussion will be put in a time out.

I know we've gotten a bit loose over the years with sticking to the topic at hand. But really, even bringing up that video game AT ALL is tenuous at best; bringing up something that has to do with someone working on the video game has absolutely no place here whatsoever.

19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Have you seen the new golden hairpieces (Draco's and Snape's) on IG? They look legit to me, but which sets are they from? :wacko: Or did the golden minifig craze spill over on BAM too? :tongue:

This is interesting news. We weren’t expecting a golden Draco or a golden Snape so these must be from the second wave. I wonder what set each of them will come with.... I could see Snape being part of a (please God no) Cursed Quidditch Match set from Sorcerer’s Stone. Maybe Draco is in a Forbidden Forest Detention set? My expectations are so low, but if we get Fang and a Unicorn in the second wave I will be a happy camper.

20 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I just thought of something maybe Guyon2002 and Falconfan1414 shouldn't respond to the leaks from KA1. 

I'll just come straight to the point and tell you guys that I have no intention of confirming or debunking this information when KA1 puts it out. I know a lot of eyes are likely to be set on me and @Falconfan1414 for verification and that staying silent without explanation will most likely result in people making conclusions based on it so that's why I'm letting you know.

I know all of you really want to know what the D2C and August sets are and wether or not the warnings/advices given to you were justified and trust me when I say I want to tell, I really do. But as explained by Falconfan LEGO has always taken D2C related leaks very seriously and they are really cracking down hard on leakers as of late. If the info is true and LEGO starts a witchhunt to find those responsible for the leak I do not want to be held accountable in any way, shape or form.

I want to keep my sources happy and I prefer not having LEGO's legal team breathing down my neck. I really hope you guys respect this decision but just in case some people don't agree: coming up with potential ways for me to get indirectly involved or starting an argument about this is a waste of your time. 

@Guyon2002 Thanks for the explanation :classic: Well, looks like we have to prepare our salt shakers then 

7 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

We weren’t expecting a golden Draco or a golden Snape so these must be from the second wave.

A bit too early for my liking, but I have no idea what else they could be from :shrug_oh_well:  

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll just come straight to the point and tell you guys that I have no intention of confirming or debunking this information when KA1 puts it out. I know a lot of eyes are likely to be set on me and @Falconfan1414 for verification and that staying silent without explanation will most likely result in people making conclusions based on it so that's why I'm letting you know.

I know all of you really want to know what the D2C and August sets are and wether or not the warnings/advices given to you were justified and trust me when I say I want to tell, I really do. But as explained by Falconfan LEGO has always taken D2C related leaks very seriously and they are really cracking down hard on leakers as of late. If the info is true and LEGO starts a witchhunt to find those responsible for the leak I do not want to be held accountable in any way, shape or form.

I want to keep my sources happy and I prefer not having LEGO's legal team breathing down my neck. I really hope you guys respect this decision but just in case some people don't agree: coming up with potential ways for me to get indirectly involved or starting an argument about this is a waste of your time. 

This is obvious to most people but sometime you just have to say 'I will not be confirming or denying leaks or giving them out' to stop people badgering you. I think most people are happy with what you did give out as it has changed our expectations of what we might be getting this year and led to a whole list of sets we would never have considered.  

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think this is probably for the best. I might take a month or two of being off the forum while the fake leaks reign supreme until someone reliable comes out with real information. Good luck Clone OPatra I don't envy being a moderator during the flood of fake leaks which are sure to start coming soon.

Does anyone still have a screenshot of the Hogsmeade set? I want to attempts to MOC similar styled buildings for fun.

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

They’re probably from the August sets, possibly confirming we might be getting more anniversary sets. 

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Unfortunate but totally understandable. Thanks for the info so far! 

16 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I've already had to drop warnings in this thread about deviating into political, left-right talk. You should know not to, so, next time it happens, every single person engaging in the discussion will be put in a time out.

I know we've gotten a bit loose over the years with sticking to the topic at hand. But really, even bringing up that video game AT ALL is tenuous at best; bringing up something that has to do with someone working on the video game has absolutely no place here whatsoever.

Thank you for this, I’m really sick and tired of the politics talk. Just because someone has different political views, doesn’t mean they are worthless and irredeemable as a human being. The lack of understanding in this world is absolutely mind boggling and terrifying of late. It’s a shame we have come to this.

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

Does anyone still have a screenshot of the Hogsmeade set? I want to attempts to MOC similar styled buildings for fun.

I’ll send you a DM your way

Edited by RODDY

At least Falconfan and Guyon have prepared us well. Any list that comes our way that sounds too good to be true has to be fake :grin: Any would-be leaker’s greatest weakness!

I dont get it why people who have some info dont just make a different account and say it. There are many ways of circumventing these legal BS. I dont get it why is LEGO so against it after all we are still going to buy the sets. The whole thing is just annoying.

7 hours ago, Juve said:

I dont get it why people who have some info dont just make a different account and say it. There are many ways of circumventing these legal BS. I dont get it why is LEGO so against it after all we are still going to buy the sets. The whole thing is just annoying.

Yeah thats what I would do if I had some info and I wouldnt want to get in trouble.

The most famous/recognisable HP characters to make in gold for the anniversary are probably the Trio and Voldemort (confirmed) as well as Dumbledore, Snape, Malfoy and Hagrid, then probably McGonnagall and Neville/Ginny. 

Hagrid is probably less likely as he'd need a recolour of his massive torso and arms as well as beard. 

Therefore if those hairpieces are legit, Malfoy and Snape wouldn't be a surprise at all. 

19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Juve: We’ve been over this before, why would they betray their source’s trust like that? :tongue: That trust is worth far more than 15 minutes of Internet fame

They dont have to leak anything...It would be just nice if they confirm if some leak is fake or not. 

This discussion about leakers is so tired. Anyone who thinks up the brilliant second account idea hasn't thought it through. What usually happens when someone pops up with zero posts claiming to be a creditable leaker? We don't believe them. And given how many creditable people are around, it will be extremely obvious if a new account pops up and is quickly proven to be creditable that that new account might be linked to someone else. It's also against our rules to have multiple accounts, so there's that.

So, let's just drop it and move on. Be happy to get what we get. We could get nothing at all (which would also be totally fine, but obviously less fun).