Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

36 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

💯 agreed - on both counts. I’m not an expert on video game production, but I don’t believe the lead designer oversees messaging and story elements - just design - right? Either way, there is a massive team behind this project and I am still very much looking forward to it.

That’s at least what I hope, but you never know :grin: What is it with HP recently and attracting real-life Death Eaters and Dementors? :wacko:

Anyway, looking forward to the alleged new list. Thanks to our trusted informants, we’ll know right away how truthful it is :devil:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

we’ll know right away how truthful it is :devil:

If it was just his guess back then he still can give is legit info if he has the source he is talking about

1 hour ago, KA1 said:

In two days i will be able to share more info about d2c and bigger set. My source isnt so strict....

I'm perched. :dwacko: I hope you're legit because lots of people will be hanging on your promise. :tongue:

I don't want any Hogwarts Legacy sets, that has never sounded appealing to me. However, I am sooo excited for the game and am sad we have to wait another year for it. I would be happy to learn that there's diversity of thought amongst the team working there.

Edited by BrickFunatic

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you have the info and are comfortable sharing it by all means do so. But is the passive agressive tone really necessary? We share what we can say and we don't when we're told not to, simple as that. 

Don’t really think he’s being passive aggressive 

We'll have to wait and see if this info has any truth to it.  I hope it does, because the vague bits and pieces we do know about the August wave are making me very curious to learn more.  

As for Hogwarts Legacy, I'd have no issue with getting sets for that if it meant getting more beasts or an Azkaban.

The other night I dreamt that the D2C was called "Ultimate Hogwarts Castle" and it was a minifigure-sized castle with the Great Hall with a giant Christmas tree in, the Gryffindor Common Room with the boy's and girl's dormitories and a few other rooms. The minifigure selection was DH Part II-based. 

1 hour ago, bluedog1111 said:

I doubt KA1 has any real info if he did he said that his source wasn't strict about sharing information so then why not share it now? That's not to say I am %100 sure he doesn't have real information but his story is starting to not add up.

Let @KA1 share his info, doubting people right off the bat doesn’t help anyone. If he’s wrong, FalconFan will tell us. 

Edited by RODDY

9 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

The other night I dreamt that the D2C was called "Ultimate Hogwarts Castle" and it was a minifigure-sized castle with the Great Hall with a giant Christmas tree in, the Gryffindor Common Room with the boy's and girl's dormitories and a few other rooms. The minifigure selection was DH Part II-based. 

I hope your dream comes true someday.  It sounds awesome.

9 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I would say in your dreams, but ... I think your brain already knew that. :tongue:

7 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Let @KA1 share his info, doubting people right off the bat doesn’t help anyone. If he’s wrong, FalconFan will tell us. 

Thing is, we have two reliable 'leakers' now so it will be evident straight away if they're credible. Time will literally tell so yes let's just be patient.

You’re very brave, @KA1. Prepare to be ripped apart if your info turns out to be true due to its implied terribleness, or to be torn to shreds if your intel is wrong :tongue: Either way, there’s going to be confetti that day

2 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I would be happy to learn that there's diversity of thought amongst the team working there.

I wouldn't. Every single person involved in anything I consume has to completely align with my views on everything, otherwise I automatically hate it. :sarcasm:

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:
3 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Btw, in light of what recently got revealed about that game BTS, I hope they won’t release a single set based on it :tongue: 

That is one person involved that has questionable views. A much bigger fear of mine is that the content and the quality of the game turn it into Hogwartspunk 2077. At CDPR there were programmers who both developed Witcher 3 (very good open world game) and sadly Cyberpunk 2077.

Sets would be based on the story and location/art design which would be overseen by different people than him anyway.

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

At CDPR there were programmers who both developed Witcher 3 (very good open world game) and sadly Cyberpunk 2077.

If Hogwarts Legacy has as unintuitive a levelling system as the Witcher, it'll absolutely be a disappointment.

8 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

I wouldn't. Every single person involved in anything I consume has to completely align with my views on everything, otherwise I automatically hate it.

There's a difference between disagreements and active hate (which I'm not saying is the case here). To use an extreme example, I don't mind if the person designing my video game supports Manchester United (though I'd question their taste) but I do mind if they're using their video game as a platform to spread far-right propaganda. I can't see that ever happening under the watch of a big company like Warner Bros, though, so whether the designer's views are acceptable or not is a moot point anyway.

In any case, I doubt Hogwarts Legacy sets were ever seriously in Lego's plans. Star Wars Battlefront was a far more anticipated game, based on a bigger property than Harry Potter and one which has a far greater pedigree of video games, and there are more Star Wars sets put out every year than Harry Potter - and even then we got a couple of piddly little battlepacks. Unless Legacy is an unexpected smash hit with a compelling storyline to boot, we'll probably not see it in Lego form. And certainly they wouldn't have planned for sets to come out in 2021, given that a) it's the 20th anniversary of the theme, b) it's the 10th anniversary of the final film, c) they've still got major gaps in the series to fill, and d) when they started designing this year's sets there was a Fantastic Beasts film slated for this year.

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

And certainly they wouldn't have planned for sets to come out in 2021, given that a) it's the 20th anniversary of the theme, b) it's the 10th anniversary of the final film, c) they've still got major gaps in the series to fill, and d) when they started designing this year's sets there was a Fantastic Beasts film slated for this year.

Too bad points b), c), and d) apparently didn't cross their minds when planning this year's sets :laugh_hard:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Too bad points b), c), and d) apparently didn't cross their minds when planning this year's sets :laugh_hard:

Whatever your view on this year's sets, based on the June wave they're definitely filling in gaps: Hogsmeade, Fluffy, the Chamber of Secrets, the Girl's Bathroom. I give them a :thumbup: for Point C at least.

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

Whatever your view on this year's sets, based on the June wave they're definitely filling in gaps: Hogsmeade, Fluffy, the Chamber of Secrets, the Girl's Bathroom. I give them a :thumbup: for Point C at least.

Well, I meant the huge, glaring gaps in everything that isn't PS, CoS or PoA :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Well, I meant the huge, glaring gaps in everything that isn't PS, CoS or PoA :tongue:

There was a lot missing from those latterly scripts, I agree, but I hardly see how that's Lego's fault. :pir_tong2:

14 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

There's a difference between disagreements and active hate (which I'm not saying is the case here). To use an extreme example, I don't mind if the person designing my video game supports Manchester United (though I'd question their taste) but I do mind if they're using their video game as a platform to spread far-right propaganda. I can't see that ever happening under the watch of a big company like Warner Bros, though, so whether the designer's views are acceptable or not is a moot point anyway.

I think you can be happy in the fact that no video game made in the 2020s will be spreading "far-right" (or even centre-right) propaganda. Being anti-SJW does not make one "far-right," it is actually a natural backlash to practically every single video game, movie, TV show, etc. pushing far-left messaging (but because this is considered the norm, it is never questioned or pushed back on). Being for the marketplace of ideas and free discussion is actually one of the most liberal things a person can be. :thumbup:

This is why I hope Hogwarts Legacy is being developed by people tolerant of multiple viewpoints, so that it is free of any political slant (whether left or right). 

Edited by BrickFunatic

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

There's a difference between disagreements and active hate (which I'm not saying is the case here). To use an extreme example, I don't mind if the person designing my video game supports Manchester United (though I'd question their taste) but I do mind if they're using their video game as a platform to spread far-right propaganda.

There is a 0% chance any right-wing views make it into the game. If they did, I'd understand it if left-wing people lose interest in it, but that's just not realistic.

The idea that someone would lose interest because one person involved has different views is preposterous. Imagine being right-wing. Almost all games, films, TV, music, etc. is made by left-wing people pushing far-left views. I think you guys should be able to deal with the very very few right-wing creative people who exist.

Just now, BrickFunatic said:

I think you can be happy in the fact that no video game made in the 2020s will be spreading "far-right" (or even centre-right) propaganda. Being anti-SJW does not make one "far-right," it is actually a natural backlash to practically every single video game, movie, TV show, etc. pushing far-left messaging (but because this is considered the norm, it is never questioned or pushed back on). Being for the marketplace of ideas and free discussion is actually one of the most liberal things a person can be. :thumbup:

I really don't want to derail this thread into politics, but I will point out that I never said this game's designer is doing anything wrong. That said, I'm not super clued up on the latest video games, but I don't think I've ever seen far-left messaging on games or film (with the exception of specifically and unabashedly left-wing filmmakers like Ken Loach, but you know exactly what you've signed up for when you go and see one of his films).

Just now, Roonil Wazlib said:

I think you guys should be able to deal with the very very few right-wing creative people who exist.

This isn't true. There are lots of right-wing creatives (note that right-wing does not mean 'a voter of <insert right-of-centre political party of your choice>'). In fact, I suspect there are a great many people in the world who would characterise me as a right-wing creative person, and I'm aware of many who are far further to the right than I am.

Far right is a different kettle of fish, but I won't be talking politics any more lest I bring on the wrath of the mods. :pir-wench:

As an active gamer, I swear the video game industry/fan base is so hyper-political and full of virtue signaling that I just want SOMEWHERE where we can just discuss Harry Potter in peace. Can we not derail this again, before a mod checks in and threatens to lock the thread

Edited by Modal

Just now, Modal said:

Can we not derail this again.

Apologies! I won't go political any more, it won't end happily for anybody :pir-wench:

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Apologies! I won't go political any more, it won't end happily for anybody :pir-wench:

Don’t worry it’s not you in particular :) just in general we have this tangent about once every couple of weeks lol

Edit: On topic, I have already decided that exactly $80 will be spent on on Harry Potter in 2021 and it will be for Hogsmeade. I have come to terms with this

Edited by Modal

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Don’t worry it’s not you in particular :) just in general we have this tangent about once every couple of weeks lol

At least this time it was civil lol

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

Edit: On topic, I have already decided that exactly $80 will be spent on on Harry Potter in 2021 and it will be for Hogsmeade. I have come to terms with this

I'm gonna at least wait until we see what the interiors look like. You never know, they could end up being really good.

9 minutes ago, Modal said:

On topic, I have already decided that exactly $80 will be spent on on Harry Potter in 2021 and it will be for Hogsmeade. I have come to terms with this

Is that $80 for you or for the population at large? :pir-tongue:

I'd hold off until the summer sets are announced before making such a bold claim, mind. Even if the wave as a whole is disappointing, there might be one irresistibly juicy morsel to tempt you.