Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Do Lego normally put new face prints in GWP sets? Or does this mean that the print has already been made for something else to be released?

They do sometimes, like the micro Diagon Alley and Charles Dickens Tribute (that one had two).

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

They do sometimes, like the micro Diagon Alley and Charles Dickens Tribute (that one had two).

Of course they did! I have the Dickens set too, not sure how I forgot about that! In that case I'd best get a hold of the Earheart GWP - perhaps an opportune moment to pick up the Clock Tower before it goes off sale.

Where do i find the high quality version of that Amelia Erhart picture?

found it: 

LEGO-40450-Amelia-Earhart-Promo-1024x102

Edited by deskp

36 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

LEGO just revealed official images for the "Amelia Earhart Tribute" set, and it includes a new female face print. Looking at it, the face looks quite similar to how Madam Rosmerta appeared in the POA film, so I could see this face being reused for her. Just an idea.

I see it. Reminds me of 2010 McGonagall also.

So I definitely missed something huge... where can I see these preliminary images everyone is talking about?? I tried looking under the #legoleaks but I didn't find anything 😮😮😮😮

Do you think the Monster book of Monsters will come again this year or is it possible to get a new GWP in one of the two waves?

1 hour ago, Sir Godric said:

Do you think the Monster book of Monsters will come again this year or is it possible to get a new GWP in one of the two waves?

Not likely and maybe I would say :shrug_oh_well:

Regarding the new Hogwarts style is more stackable it could be a good thing, since DA or a modular building street is easier to display. I managed to squeeze in all the current sets on my shelf, but it was not easy put them together within a limited space when the parts going in every direction. It would look better with more air between the parts, but with limited space it is not possible :shrug_oh_well:

IMG-HP.jpg

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm actually not sure I'd say the new Hogwarts sets look better together than on their own. It's very much subjective of course but from what I've seen of the combo I'm not impressed.

That's why I said might, as we haven't actually seen all 3 of those sets together.

11 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Of course they did! I have the Dickens set too, not sure how I forgot about that! In that case I'd best get a hold of the Earheart GWP - perhaps an opportune moment to pick up the Clock Tower before it goes off sale.

I know you probably want to hit a GWP threshold so you may not be looking at other retailers, but Amazon has the Clock Tower reduced to £61.85 at the moment which is a decent saving.

15 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

My biggest issue with the 2018-2020 sets have been the lackluster interiors and how small and cramped they are. So I'm all for the stacking style so we can get actual classrooms and common rooms and space for the minifigures to sit there.

I agree. Especially when you look at something like Dumbledore’s office or the DADA classroom in the Clocktower set. They could really be expanded upon more in a moments set.

In case anyone is interested in a better look at Mr and Mrs Flume this video is pretty neat.

Some have pointed out the lack of rocky bits on the new Fluffy set but my guess is that was 100% intentional because they plan on releasing a set to connect under it in the fall similar to how they did Jabba's palace and the Rancor pit from several years ago. They could easily produce a set that includes the devils snare, flying keys and maybe even wizard's chess. If the interior of the set has a trapdoor in the floor that's just a hole with nothing underneath I think that strongly points to this possibility.

Also, what are the odds we might see some sets based on Hogwarts Legacy? The game was originally supposed to come out this fall but got delayed to 2022 so it's entirely possible some of the fall wave are HL sets. That would probably be disappointing for some. I would love to see some personally. I'm really looking forward to that game!

Edited by ToaDraco

2 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Also, what are the odds we might see some sets based on Hogwarts Legacy? The game was originally supposed to come out this fall but got delayed to 2022 so it's entirely possible some of the fall wave are HL sets. That would probably be disappointing for some. I would love to see some personally. I'm really looking forward to that game!

I can definitely see some sets being produced in 2022 but there are no Hogwarts Legacy sets coming this year (that I know of), unless the accessory pack or GWP/BH are some kind of tie-in.

Not sure whether it's been mentioned before but the pale blue bathroom floor is presumably an allusion to the flooding which is nice.  And, more interestingly, there are multiple floor plates as seen from the side which perhaps allows there to be a hole beneath the sinks, otherwise a single 8x16 plate would surely have been used.

52 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Some have pointed out the lack of rocky bits on the new Fluffy set but my guess is that was 100% intentional because they plan on releasing a set to connect under it in the fall similar to how they did Jabba's palace and the Rancor pit from several years ago. They could easily produce a set that includes the devils snare, flying keys and maybe even wizard's chess. If the interior of the set has a trapdoor in the floor that's just a hole with nothing underneath I think that strongly points to this possibility.

I think it's more likely that the trapdoor will be in the tower level, and lead down to Devil's Snare on the bottom, just like the 2001 set. That being said, a rocky underattachment does seem quite likely for a Challenges set (I could see it being similar in shape to the Indiana Jones Temple Escape, just built on 8x16 plates), and, since it wouldn't include any new characters (at best, we could get slightly battle-damaged versions of the trio, in addition to a reused Quirrel and some chess pieces), it's a set I could see fitting under the umbrella of disappointing. That, and the exterior would literally just be rocks.

I'd also find it disappointing, but that's just because I'm one of those weirdos that wants a full-scale gimmick Chess set.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Also, what are the odds we might see some sets based on Hogwarts Legacy? The game was originally supposed to come out this fall but got delayed to 2022 so it's entirely possible some of the fall wave are HL sets

I would have thought Lego would have deliberately planned any potential strategy for releasing Hogwarts Legacy sets to be set for after the game had released, rather than gambling on it making its original date. It's not uncommon for games to get pushed back even in a Covid-free world, and the time period Hogwarts Legacy is set in means there will be few if any characters involved that the wider public are aware of - and given a choice, any parent is going to buy their kid the set with Harry in rather than the set with a strange character that their kid doesn't know.

That said, when it does come out, perhaps it will yield new locations for Hogwarts modulars to keep that line going once they've pushed out a belltower/courtyard.

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

That, and the exterior would literally just be rocks.

If it comes with a heaping of BURPs and LURPs can it really be called disappointing?

It looks like this drill piece Lego Cone 2 x 2 x 3 Jagged - Step Drillis used in sand green for turrets... not too sure how that'll look if true.

3 hours ago, deskp said:

In case anyone is interested in a better look at Mr and Mrs Flume this video is pretty neat.

Sweet, do not think I have seen that before, to bad they did not make one tour for every shop in DA and Hogsmeade (only a few).
Should not be a problem for the designers to fill that with interior details at least :wink:

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Love this idea! Did the rancor pit and jabba's palace release at separate times?

1 minute ago, Surge said:

Love this idea! Did the rancor pit and jabba's palace release at separate times?

Yes, they were released half a year apart :classic:

Btw, in light of what recently got revealed about that game BTS, I hope they won’t release a single set based on it :tongue: 

4 minutes ago, Yope said:

It looks like this drill piece Lego Cone 2 x 2 x 3 Jagged - Step Drillis used in sand green for turrets... not too sure how that'll look if true.

Worst case scenario, people's Fallout MOCs can have oxidised copper drills. :pir-wench:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Btw, in light of what recently got revealed about that game BTS, I hope they won’t release a single set based on it :tongue: 

Huh? What happened?

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Huh? What happened?

The only thing I can find is a few articles about the lead designer being a Gamergate YouTuber. Not ideal obviously, but I have faith enough in Warner Bros to keep an open mind until the game is actually out, since I doubt they'll be pushing extreme views in the game itself - and at several degrees of separation any Lego sets should be very well insulated from the game's designer's YouTubing sidegig.

In two days i will be able to share more info about d2c and bigger set. My source isnt so strict....