Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, dansdiscoveries said:

There is new Harry potter leaks on instagram!

Those are like 3 days old man...I almost thought final versions of the june wave leaked.

Edited by Textorix

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

something about Patrick Doyle’s theme has this grand feeling that really captures the spirit of the Triwizard Tournament for me.

The music at the end of the maze trial before everyone notices Cedric is absolutely on point 

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

The music at the end of the maze trial before everyone notices Cedric is absolutely on point 

That scene is horrific and beautiful at the same time.

18 minutes ago, Modal said:

Wait are you saying you like GoF most because of its music?

John Williams’ scores for the first 3 are on such another league compared to 4’s it’s borderline laughable

(I’m very passionate about this lol)

edit: none of the scores are “bad”, per se, but coming from the brilliance of John it was just incredibly jarring for me. Should also clarify that I’m in that business so I’ve studied thousands of film scores and get very defensive of my favorites :D

I am too in that business as a media composer. Johns scores are great but often sound very similar for example chamber of secrets score and attack of the clones score. Patrick's score is very different to Johns, but its not laughable, its better than desplats for sure. His music was either lacking or just a drone, it didnt have that umph and i think thats what lets down the latter films. 

I've always hated the artstyle change from PoA-onward (despite enjoying PoA as a film) so I'm glad that we can have HD sets of things like the first 2 and figures like the OG Dumbledore and Flitwick.

The Flitwick change has always annoyed me and was like a foreshadowing of Yates dumbing things down in the future.

Edited by doclord

7 minutes ago, doclord said:

The Flitwick change has always annoyed me and was like a foreshadowing of Yates dumbing things down in the future.

As I understand it, Warwick Davis in Goblet was cast as a different character. It was only later that they decided he was Flitwick all along. 

3 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

As I understand it, Warwick Davis in Goblet was cast as a different character. It was only later that they decided he was Flitwick all along. 

From what I understand Warwick Davis was not meant to appear as Flitwick in POA. Cuaron simply gave Davis a part as a hitherto unknown 'wizard' who conducts the school choir. He was not meant to be Flitwick. But Newell liked the look of Davis' Choirmaster and decided to keep him in the films as Flitwick.

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Flitwick wasn't in the script for PoA but Cuaron really wanted to have Warwick Davis in the movie so he offered him the role of a new character: the choir master. Mike Newell liked the characters look and decided to make Flitwick and the choir master just one character.

6 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Sorry for correcting again, but it wasn't in Globet of Fire this time. Now it was Prisoner of Azkaban in this scene:

Edit: Ninja'd two times :P

Edited by mark1991t

7 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Well, he was cast as a different character in Azkaban, but Mike Newall didn't understand that and just make him Flitwick. Same difference though.

Also, uh, hi everyone. I was pretty active last year, but I've pretty much just lurked on this new thread. (By lurked, I mean that I've spent the last week reading up on the last 98 pages of comments.) It's good to be back, I missed this chat.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews
My first post back, and I'm thrice Ninja'd. How unfortunate.

The left underground section of the new chamber of secrets set has most likely the stone monument of the head of Salazar Slytherin in it (on the backside of the dark blueish gray rocks). The small rock mould 4513326.jpg between the candles can be removed. It is clamped in by two of these pieces  6276870.jpg on the bottom, which can be hinged back. This creates an opening for the basilisk to slither through and come out of the mouth as a play feature. Size-wise this would mean that the head of slytherin covers most of the inner wall under the Great Hall and is the backdrop of that room

Edited by Metanoios91

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

Size-wise this would mean that the head of slytherin covers most of the inner wall under the Great Hall and is the backdrop of that room

Fabulous! The head is imo the best looking set in the entire series, so the bigger the better

17 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Also, uh, hi everyone. I was pretty active last year, but I've pretty much just lurked on this new thread. (By lurked, I mean that I've spent the last week reading up on the last 98 pages of comments.) It's good to be back, I missed this chat.

Welcome back :classic: I hope you enjoyed the read.

1 hour ago, Modal said:

Wait are you saying you like GoF most because of its music?

John Williams’ scores for the first 3 are on such another league compared to 4’s it’s borderline laughable

(I’m very passionate about this lol)

edit: none of the scores are “bad”, per se, but coming from the brilliance of John it was just incredibly jarring for me. Should also clarify that I’m in that business so I’ve studied thousands of film scores and get very defensive of my favorites :D

I love the soundtracks for all the HP movies (yes, even Desplat's). I often feel Nicholas Hooper doesn't get enough credit for his additions. Umbridge's Theme, Fireworks and Flight of the Order of the Phoenix are some of my favourites. They even reused his 'Dumbledore's Farewell' during the Snape memories scenes in DH p.2 and it's so good.

I'm thinking we need a set of the Frog Choir.  Maybe they could make it one of those 4 packs of minifigs.

Edited by karrit

18 minutes ago, karrit said:

I'm thinking we need a set of the Frog Choir.

Now that would be an unexpected set. Especially if it's the choir as when they sang In Noctem, rather than when they sang Macbeth

So I was just looking at the new images of the Monkie Kid Flower Fruit Mountain set and the cavern backside looks like it could be used & modified to make the Inferi Cavern.

46 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

I love the soundtracks for all the HP movies (yes, even Desplat's). I often feel Nicholas Hooper doesn't get enough credit for his additions. Umbridge's Theme, Fireworks and Flight of the Order of the Phoenix are some of my favourites. They even reused his 'Dumbledore's Farewell' during the Snape memories scenes in DH p.2 and it's so good.

I freaking LOVE Nick Hooper's scores. John Williams always sounds like John Williams but Nick Hooper really created the sound of the wizarding world. Out of all the soundtracks, I listen to his the most, though Prisoner of Azkaban might edge them out as my favourite just cause I'm a sucker for renaissance music.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

GoF is my 2nd favorite book but, while enjoyable, I do not think the movie did the story justice. The HBP movie stands out like a sore thumb as well, it's genuinely one of the worst book adaptations I've ever seen. Which is a damn shame as HBP is my favorite of the books. 

I hadn't read the books until after watching all the films, so the page-to-screen adaption never affected my opinion of them. I get why people who read the books first don't like it, but HBP is actually my favourite film of the series.

Goblet of Fire on the other hand is just an overall bad film. Bad cinematography, bad score, bad character design, I could go on. Reading the book afterward and realising how horrible of an adaptation it was just makes me lament what could have been.

I hesitate to even share this here, but there is a new “leaker” on Instagram who claims he has “evidence to support” his predictions for the August wave. Has anyone else seen this? What are your thoughts? He is saying:

76391 - $250 Micro Ministry of Magic

76392 - $60 Malfoy Manor

76393 - $120 Diagon Alley Expansion

76394 - $40 Quidditch Pitch 

76395 - $30 Harry / Voldy Final Duel

UPDATE - I’ve asked him to share what “evidence” he has to support this and will share what I hear if/when he gets back to me

Edited by sebastian666

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I hesitate to even share this here, but there is a new “leaker” on Instagram who claims he has “evidence to support” his predictions for the August wave. Has anyone else seen this? What are your thoughts? He is saying:

76392 - $60 Malfoy Manor

UPDATE - I’ve asked him to share what “evidence” he has to support this and will share what I hear if/when he gets back to me

$250 micro Ministry of Magic?:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

8 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

76392 - $60 Malfoy Manor

They are just his predictions - he says so in the comments ('They're predictions so nothing here is confirmed just rumours and my best guesses'). By 'evidence' he means just means ask me how I came up with these theories. It's a non starter.

Edited by BacktoBricks

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

76392 - $60 Malfoy Manor

This seems rather unlikely to me. I'd not only recommend taking it with a grain of salt but with an entire salt mine. 

13 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

76392 - $60 Malfoy Manor

His "evidence" is that everyone's favorite "leaker" from last year posted on his new account that 76394 is a new Quidditch set.

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

They are just his predictions - he says so in the comments ('They're predictions so nothing here is confirmed just rumours and my best guesses'). By 'evidence' he means just means ask me how I came up with these theories. It's a non starter.

Predictions are what WE are doing here too. So I'd assume is a false lead. Was the Microscale Hogwarts castle popular to warrant another microscale set that expensive? I got in late to lego, considering buying it for how it can display, and for the microfigures, but I just don't really like the absolute microscale of the interior. I'd rather save for Millennium Falcon or a 2nd Diagon Alley.