Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good. Am I the only one who doesn’t care one iota about any of the students other than the trio, Neville, Luna, the Weasleys, Draco & Co., and the three champions? 

You would probably care more about them if they'd actually had scenes! :pir-tongue:

In any case, the story is best served by keeping every character, not ignoring the ones that you find boring. Had I been the director, I would have been tempted to cut Lupin out, since I find him boring. That wouldn't be service to the film though. 

9 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

You would probably care more about them if they'd actually had scenes! :pir-tongue:

In any case, the story is best served by keeping every character, not ignoring the ones that you find boring. Had I been the director, I would have been tempted to cut Lupin out, since I find him boring. That wouldn't be service to the film though. 

Alright dissing Sirius Black is one thing, but dissing Lupin... that’s enough hot takes for one day

9 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Alright dissing Sirius Black is one thing, but dissing Lupin... that’s enough hot takes for one day

Don't get me started on Albus D. :pir_laugh2:

11 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Don't get me started on Albus D. :pir_laugh2:

You wouldn’t dare...

Edited by RODDY

32 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

In any case, the story is best served by keeping every character, not ignoring the ones that you find boring. 

Ignoring the pointless characters that add nothing of substance IS serving the story :laugh: Oh no, they’ve left out Lamostudent McWhatshisface, now the story falls completely apart :tongue: 

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Ignoring the pointless characters that add nothing of substance IS serving the story :laugh: Oh no, they’ve left out Lamostudent McWhatshisface, now the story falls completely apart :tongue: 

Except Cuaron had to invent the characters Bem and (I believe) Nigel because he needed minor characters to say certain lines. So why not use the established characters? 

4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Except Cuaron had to invent the characters Bem and (I believe) Nigel because he needed minor characters to say certain lines. So why not use the established characters? 

Nigel was introduced in Globet of Fire, which was directed by Mike Newel.

49 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Prisoner of Azkaban is by no means my favorite book or movie but I must admit that in terms of cinematography it's better than all the others. If there's a director that should have never been allowed to touch Harry Potter it's Mike Newell imo.

Maybe for me it is just the music, but I think GoF is the best movie—it probably could have been split into two though.

52 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t care one iota about any of the students other than the trio, Neville, Luna, the Weasleys, Draco & Co., and the three champions? 

Cho? Seamus? Dean? Lee? Colin? Blaise? Some great moments with each if them.

Gotta admit I love the smaller characters Lego has introduced, nice to see Justin and Colin joining this wave. 

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

Maybe for me it is just the music, but I think GoF is the best movie—it probably could have been split into two though.

Best music - Harry in Winter! 

6 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Wait are you saying you like GoF most because of its music?

John Williams’ scores for the first 3 are on such another league compared to 4’s it’s borderline laughable

(I’m very passionate about this lol)

edit: none of the scores are “bad”, per se, but coming from the brilliance of John it was just incredibly jarring for me. Should also clarify that I’m in that business so I’ve studied thousands of film scores and get very defensive of my favorites :D

Edited by Modal

9 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Beats me :shrug_oh_well: But in the end, does it really matter if the line is said by pointless character #43 or pointless character #95? :grin:

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

Cho? Seamus? Dean? Lee? Colin? Blaise? Some great moments with each if them.

Sure, but they’re far from essential. Nice to have as minifigs, but that’s about it :laugh:

5 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Nigel was introduced in Globet of Fire, which was directed by Mike Newel.

My mistake. That's even more egregious, since both Louis Doyle and Charlotte Skeoch were in Goblet Nd had one line between them 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

But in the end, does it really matter if the line is said by pointless character #43 or pointless character #95:grin:

3 minutes ago, Seaber said:

To you they're pointless. To others they're not, and like it or not they are part of the HP Canon 

3 minutes ago, dansdiscoveries said:

There is new Harry potter leaks on instagram!

Are you sure? I can't find any on the hash tag. Is it the ones from the other day reposted, or something new? 

Just now, Alexandrina said:

Are you sure? I can't find any on the hash tag. Is it the ones from the other day reposted, or something new? 

under #legoleaks 4 new sets

4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

To you they're pointless. To others they're not, and like it or not they are part of the HP Canon 

Pointless in terms of the story I mean :wink: Of course not every character needs to be super important to deserve to be a part of the story, but once said story gets adapted into a more time-condensed medium, decisions need to be made and those minor characters are the first to go. I don't actively dislike them, it's just that it doesn't bother me when they get very little screen time or no minifig representation :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, dansdiscoveries said:

on an account called 'danlewisasmr'

Just now, dansdiscoveries said:

1 minute ago, dansdiscoveries said:

They're the ones from the other day. I don't know if the image quality is the same or not

17 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

GoF is my 2nd favorite book but, while enjoyable, I do not think the movie did the story justice. The HBP movie stands out like a sore thumb as well, it's genuinely one of the worst book adaptations I've ever seen. Which is a damn shame as HBP is my favorite of the books. 

Edited by Guyon2002

2 minutes ago, dansdiscoveries said:

These already leaked on Wednesday :laugh:

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Lego-Freak

17 minutes ago, Modal said:

Wait are you saying you like GoF most because of its music?

John Williams’ scores for the first 3 are on such another league compared to 4’s it’s borderline laughable

(I’m very passionate about this lol)

edit: none of the scores are “bad”, per se, but coming from the brilliance of John it was just incredibly jarring for me. Should also clarify that I’m in that business so I’ve studied thousands of film scores and get very defensive of my favorites :D

Oh, I love John Williams and I think he’s a genius. It’s just that something about Patrick Doyle’s theme has this grand feeling that really captures the spirit of the Triwizard Tournament for me. I think in terms of quality, POA is the best, but GoF is my personal favorite.

Also—it would have been probably the best movie if they had gone longer—it’s a huge book, and the movie probably had to be fairly short.

On another note about the movies @Guyon2002, I think HBP in terms of book accuracy is still miles better than DH part 2, but it’s definitely the second least accurate.

Edited by Brickroll