Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Sirius- since he was the last family Harry had

Snape- because of his selflessness and how he never got to talk to Harry after he found out about his past

Hedwig- come on is Hedwiig

Lupin- nice guy and had a kid so thats always sad

Dumbledore- always felt safe as long as he's there

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Your Tesco is still selling them? I haven't seen any Harry Potter CMFs in any supermarkets near me since October, which is a pity since I was having good luck getting unique ones from Morrisons especially.

My local one has a shelf full. They are in plastic security boxes, though.

Just now, Juve said:

Even though Sirius is a very close 3rd, Lupin and Tonks are the absolute worst for me—Lupin because he was the last close father figure and friend (unless you count Arthur) so I suppose he had to die, but the death of Tonks just feels so unfair. 

Just now, BrickFunatic said:

why would they be in plastic boxes? You cant feel the figures that way

Just now, Brickroll said:

Even though Sirius is a very close 3rd, Lupin and Tonks are the absolute worst for me—Lupin because he was the last close father figure and friend (unless you count Arthur) so I suppose he had to die, but the death of Tonks just feels so unfair. 

Yeah they should have at least left one of them to take care of the boy

1 minute ago, Juve said:

why would they be in plastic boxes? You cant feel the figures that way

They started doing it because people steal them, but we'd get told off for feeling them anyway because of you know what.

13 minutes ago, Juve said:

Lupin died offscreen though, so the reader is left to fill in the blanks. All we get from the mouth of Herself is the barest confirmation that he's dead 

1 hour ago, Juve said:

Yeah same thing. Where is the trap door. Will we get other rooms from the tasks. How will that look. Where is the Slytherin head for the Basilisk

My guess is Fluffy guards the upper longer section,based on his size, and the trapdoor is in the tower section, with Devil's Snare on the ground level. It would be great if the keys were in the very open-looking ground floor room. 

For the Chamber of Secrets, if you look in the archway under the Great Hall in the prelims, you can see two light bluish grey sticky out bits, I think they may be strands of Salazar Slytherin's beard/hair. 

1317653.jpg

The middle rock piece under the Great Hall looks less attached than the surrounding parts, so I think it might pull out to allow the Basilisk to 'Slytherin' to the Chamber. 

@Guyon2002 at on point (I think) you mentioned strangely sized windows in the bathroom set and butterbeer glasses in Hogsmeade which don't appear in the prelims. Do you know anything more about the interiors, and do you like them (I'd understand if you can't say of course). Apologies if you've been asked that before!

18 minutes ago, Juve said:

Sirius- since he was the last family Harry had

Snape- because of his selflessness and how he never got to talk to Harry after he found out about his past

Hedwig- come on is Hedwiig

Dumbledore- always felt safe as long as he's there

All of those hit me in the feels, but when I think of Snape's sudden tender moment with Harry, and realizing how conflicted he must have been THE ENTIRE TIME, when he was bullying him. How much it ate him alive knowing, yes, this kid looks and acts like James Potter, but it's Lilly's child...ugh. Right in the feels. 

9 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

They started doing it because people steal them, but we'd get told off for feeling them anyway because of you know what.

My local Asda has put them on the highest shelf, so my guess is they were getting a lot of people feeling the bags. They're still full price though, I'd love a few extra Neville and Griphook figs :/

4 minutes ago, Seaber said:

@Guyon2002 at on point (I think) you mentioned strangely sized windows in the bathroom set and butterbeer glasses in Hogsmeade which don't appear in the prelims. Do you know anything more about the interiors, and do you like them (I'd understand if you can't say of course). Apologies if you've been asked that before!

Unfortunately I haven't seen the backsides for these sets. The back of the bathroom was just textual info given to me by my source and the Butterbeers in Hogsmeade was just a guess, considering it's already getting reused in the bathroom I'd be very surprised if they aren't included in The Three Broomsticks as well.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Unfortunately I haven't seen the backsides for these sets. The back of the bathroom was just textual info given to me by my source and the Butterbeers in Hogsmeade was just a guess, considering it's already getting reused in the bathroom I'd be very surprised if they aren't included in The Three Broomsticks as well.

No problem, thanks for replying. With the butterbeer glass in the bathroom set prelims I'm sure we'll see em in Hogsmeade :classic:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this thread constantly on “hot” as much as I have this past week. Y’all love leak season don’t you :laugh:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

I guess there is a troll set in August, to make the bathroom bigger :shrug_oh_well: 

Wait, what? Did I miss something?

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

I genuinely forgot about that. Sirius was pretty much a throwaway character after Prisoner of Azkaban (the worst book/film) anyway, wasn't he? 

The worst book/movie? Idk man on every fan page I follow Prisoner of Azkaban always wins pools as the fan favourite...

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

Wait, what? Did I miss something?

No sure I said guess, but if you missed the first bathroom then maybe :wink:

10 minutes ago, Textorix said:

The worst book/movie? Idk man on every fan page I follow Prisoner of Azkaban always wins pools as the fan favourite...

It's also the point where things from the books start to be ignored, as Cuaron essentially decided that his vision for Azkaban was more important than a cohesive world. Hence why the uniforms change, why half the supporting students from Chamber of Secrets disappear despite there being multiple lines given to generic students (characters Cuaron invented). Hannah Abbott, Ernie Macmillan and Justin Finch-Fletchley are entirely absent - and both Charlotte Skeoch and Louis Doyle returned for Goblet of Fire, so it's not like the actors were averse to being in Harry Potter again (I don't know about Edward Randell, since Justin makes no return). Parvati's debut in the series is boiled down to one scene where she's identified by name and a few more scenes as background extra (she's not even the most prominent background extra in Harry's year in Gryffindor). The costumes outside their uniforms are less 1990s fashion and more 2004 fashion. And that's not even getting onto the topic of story aspects cut out - for instance, explaining who Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs actually are. I respect Cuaron as a filmmaker, but he should not have been allowed to touch Harry Potter.

14 minutes ago, Modal said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this thread constantly on “hot” as much as I have this past week. Y’all love leak season don’t you :laugh:

We expect leaks, like a Dementor expects patronum. 

4yp2nk.jpg

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

No sure I said guess, but if you missed the first bathroom then maybe :wink:

Ahh. I assumed you meant “I guess,” as in like it was already happening, not a guess. That’s on me, sorry.

8 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Hannah Abbott, Ernie Macmillan and Justin Finch-Fletchley are entirely absent -

Good. Am I the only one who doesn’t care one iota about any of the students other than the trio, Neville, Luna, the Weasleys, Draco & Co., and the three champions? :tongue: And I’m not dissing minor characters in general, I care about a lot of background characters in the franchises I like :laugh:

This goes for the books, movies, and minifigs alike. They’re just boring any way you slice it. It’s like someone forcefully inserted my former classmates into a story. Who wants to see or read about them :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

56 minutes ago, Seaber said:

My local Asda has put them on the highest shelf, so my guess is they were getting a lot of people feeling the bags. They're still full price though, I'd love a few extra Neville and Griphook figs :/

19 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

It's also the point where things from the books start to be ignored, as Cuaron essentially decided that his vision for Azkaban was more important than a cohesive world. Hence why the uniforms change, why half the supporting students from Chamber of Secrets disappear despite there being multiple lines given to generic students (characters Cuaron invented). Hannah Abbott, Ernie Macmillan and Justin Finch-Fletchley are entirely absent - and both Charlotte Skeoch and Louis Doyle returned for Goblet of Fire, so it's not like the actors were averse to being in Harry Potter again (I don't know about Edward Randell, since Justin makes no return). Parvati's debut in the series is boiled down to one scene where she's identified by name and a few more scenes as background extra (she's not even the most prominent background extra in Harry's year in Gryffindor). The costumes outside their uniforms are less 1990s fashion and more 2004 fashion. And that's not even getting onto the topic of story aspects cut out - for instance, explaining who Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs actually are. I respect Cuaron as a filmmaker, but he should not have been allowed to touch Harry Potter.

In my country usually the shop keepers have already felt them and they mark them on the back in order to be easier for people to get the figure they want. They also dont have anything against people feeling them to confirm.

I loved the Prisoner of Azkaban book but I felt the movie deviated too much from the early ones. I still prefer the first two movies since they were exactly what I imagined when reading the book.

I'm taking a break from checking about Lego HP because it's bordering on becoming unhealthy. What will be will be. See you guys soon when we hopefully have seen some stuff officially, and perhaps have some info. ♥️

24 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I respect Cuaron as a filmmaker, but he should not have been allowed to touch Harry Potter.

Prisoner of Azkaban is by no means my favorite book or movie but I must admit that in terms of cinematography it's better than all the others. If there's a director that should have never been allowed to touch Harry Potter it's Mike Newell imo.

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

My local Tesco had the bags hung up on some hanger thing between shelves for months, marking them down a bit occasionally until they half-price (local shops often do this if stuff has been there for ages) so eventually I couldn't resist when they were half-price and bought the last 7. Still don't know what to do with them because I've already got the full set including doubles of Hermione and Neville 

Still haven't seen any of series 21 tho and and only got 1 figure from series 20 when I actually went to a toy shop looking