Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Same here,I'll even go ahead and say that my interest for the theme in general has subsided.I fear for its future quality and general contents. 

I wouldn‘t go that far :laugh: For me, the theme has just been brought down to the level of the other mixed-bag-themes I collect. I don‘t necessarily fear for the theme’s future, it‘s just that I no longer trust it as much as I used to :grin: 

I haven't seen many people talk about a new Hogwarts Express. Wouldn't that fit the August wave from what we know? I mean it would be a bit of a disappointment to most people here fitting what the leakers have said. It would be a good choice for an anniversary set. And Lego absolutely would want some for of Hogwarts and the Hogwarts Express on toy shelves year after year.

It is literally just a anniversary wave based on the 2001-2010, don’t exaggerate cmon

And the fact that people call it horrible or horrendous, the fact is you are not the targeted demographic, don’t buy it then. It is a drop in quality but people act like it is 4+ Quality

The August Wave, I would enjoy seeing Guyon over there stop hanging that it so bad over our heads and say what it is. Bad or good, you’ll still buy it just how I have seen here. 

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I mean, they hit us with DA and then do this to us ... it's not surprising that we feel like we've been whacked by a Bludger. :cry_sad:

DA was great eve though I dont like the color scheme like the pink one and maybe they could have put gringotts instead of some other shops but still it was a great set. I really like the Great Hall I think it was very detailed and it kinda reminds people of Hogwarts even if they dont know it

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wouldn‘t go that far :laugh: For me, the theme has just been brought down to the level of the other mixed-bag-themes I collect. I don‘t necessarily fear for the theme’s future, it‘s just that I no longer trust it as much as I used to :grin: 

Untill I hear what 2022 has to offer I'm not changing my mind.I've been burned too many times. 

Just now, Juve said:

DA was great eve though I dont like the color scheme like the pink one and maybe they could have put gringotts instead of some other shops but still it was a great set. I really like the Great Hall I think it was very detailed and it kinda reminds people of Hogwarts even if they dont know it

I know. My point is that the last set we got was DA which was fantastic. So for the theme to go from that to sets in the June wave feels like a massive step down.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I know. My point is that the last set we got was DA which was fantastic. So for the theme to go from that to sets in the June wave feels like a massive step down.

Technically the Hogwarts Moments were the last sets, those weren't particularly good either imo. Although definitely way better received than the june wave. 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Technically the Hogwarts Moments were the last sets, those weren't particularly good either imo. Although definitely way better received than the june wave. 

True, although I was thinking more of actual sets with buildings. And when the books were revealed we all thought they were a kind of side wave, an appetiser so to speak. Would we have all been so enthusiastic if we knew what was to come?

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe it‘s my own fault. I‘ve put this theme on a pedestal and there was no way it could live up to that forever :shrug_oh_well: Makes me appreciate the last three years even more, but too bad they didn‘t „complete“ the theme before shifting gears

I suggest you wait for 2022 wave - if this one also doesn't live up to our expectations, then it's safe to say that this theme isn't that good anymore.

Just because one year they decide to make crappy anniversary sets doesn't mean that this theme as a whole won't be good anymore.

And I will say it 47th time to you - we will get DH sets eventually.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And I will say it 47th time to you - we will get DH sets eventually.

Maybe, but if they don‘t recover from this dip in quality, they may just as well not bother :tongue: I would‘ve liked DH sets on par with the 2018-2020 range, not whatever nightmares the August wave will bring :head_back:

It‘s like this year‘s January Star Wars wave: after that disappointment, I don‘t expect them to suddenly bring battle packs back and reduce the amount of remakes next year. It could happen, but I‘m not counting on it :snicker:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I think the Riddler was saying they'd prefer  future Gringotts in that price range  and have a more expensive Hogsmeade set with more of the village.

I have a mostly finished studio Moc of Gringotts in the £90-100 set price range style that I think looks good, I'll finish it when I get a new laptop one day. The downside in that price range is no dragon, but the build can certainly be done in scale with DA. 

1 hour ago, Juve said:

To be honest I dont know why people think Gringotts has to be a 150 set. I think its perfectly possible to have a 80-100 set like the clock tower or astronomy tower. If the average price for DA builds was 100 doesnt mean that lego cant make a bigger build for 100. I mean this is not math they can price them how they want. I would prefer a 100 Gringotts and then have something more connected with the castle for 250 maybe a battleground with bell towers and other parts to fit with the expansion. 

My ideal 250 set would have been CoS or the tasks from the first movie but they already did them

Imagine if they did a huge Azkaban with lots of cells, dementors and prisoners with double sided heads where one of them would represent them being sucked alive by the dementors. Maybe have an explosive function representing the escape

Thanks guys. This is exactly what i've been trying to say. I mean looking at the prices and things that are upcoming, that is what I would have thought would be the best. 

I just don't know what to think anymore. When we see the final pictures of the sets (including the interiors and minifigs) I might love them. I'm just really anxious about the August sets and the D2C.

26 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

True

They could have made the anniversary sets in the new format just with green roofs and maybe add old figures to celebrate it. No need to create a whole new line that doesnt connect with anything we got

Listening to people who are of the opinion that the June wave can only be linked to the existing system with major changes is a big mistake anyway. Some people talk here as if they had a clue of what's coming in August, but don't even know that the 250 set belongs to the June wave. So don't always believe everything that is called 100% safe here.

8 minutes ago, Juve said:

True

They could have made the anniversary sets in the new format just with green roofs and maybe add old figures to celebrate it. No need to create a whole new line that doesnt connect with anything we got

I know it was said otherwise before, but I think these new sets will be able to connect physically with what we have got already because they have connection points that look to match the existing sets, and I still feel like the introduction of sand green into the Astronomy Tower roof was a way of making it match with either these or the old line. But as for 'connect' in terms of quality, you're right they just don't match up from what we've seen and I agree that taking a step backwards in the name of nostalgia is not a good way to celebrate the anniversary of this theme.

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I know it was said otherwise before, but I think these new sets will be able to connect physically with what we have got already because they have connection points that look to match the existing sets, and I still feel like the introduction of sand green into the Astronomy Tower roof was a way of making it match with either these or the old line. But as for 'connect' in terms of quality, you're right they just don't match up from what we've seen and I agree that taking a step backwards in the name of nostalgia is not a good way to celebrate the anniversary of this theme.

I will prob get them and I will try to connect them with my sets but yeah the build is very different. Why didnt they put another part of Hogwarts above CoS

9 minutes ago, Jinzol said:

Some people talk here as if they had a clue of what's coming in August, but don't even know that the 250 set belongs to the June wave. So don't always believe everything that is called 100% safe here.

Do you know something we don’t? Because as far as I’m aware, the D2C set has no known release date :tongue:

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

One thing that's bothering me is that it looks like the Basilisk and Fluffy won't even fit inside their subsequent builds. :parrot:

Yeah same thing. Where is the trap door. Will we get other rooms from the tasks. How will that look. Where is the Slytherin head for the Basilisk

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Do you know something we don’t? Because as far as I’m aware, the D2C set has no known release date :tongue:

The D2C has been slated for 2HY for as long as the info has been available and should release around August/September. But as shown by the Jurassic sets earlier this month, nothing is set-in-stone when it comes to releasedates. 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

The D2C has been slated for 2HY for as long as the info has been available and should release around August/September. But as shown by the Jurassic sets earlier this month, nothing is set-in-stone when it comes to releasedates. 

Is it actually a D2C, as in only available from Lego to start with?

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

Is it actually a D2C, as in only available from Lego to start with?

Not entirely sure but my sources have always referred to it as a D2C and I have no reason to doubt them so take that as you will. 

8 hours ago, Brickroll said:

that scene in 5 was where most of us must have put down the book and cursed JK Rowling.

I had no idea there was a widespread backlash against it. I never saw it as a bad scene: to me it makes sense that Voldemort would come into play when he realised Harry was going for the Prophecy, especially given that he had specifically lured Harry to the Ministry in the first place. And it also makes sense that Dumbledore wouldn't actually kill Voldemort that early in the series, even without taking into account Horcruxes (which I don't believe had actually been mentioned by that point in the story). The only option is for them to have an inconclusive fight before Voldemort flees.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

At that price point, it has to be :laugh:

Not necessarily when sets are getting more expensive. I know it probably is, but just thought I'd ask. Ordering from Lego right now can be a pain.

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

I had no idea there was a widespread backlash against it.

Me neither. Was this actually a thing?