Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, finalriot said:

But wont they change it a bit because of ,,prototype'' sign on the leaks?

Yes but the build remains the same. The only things that will change are prints/stickers, maybe some colors and minifigs.

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Yes but the build remains the same. The only things that will change are prints/stickers, maybe some colors and minifigs.

Oh no :(

Well, all that’s left to do now is ignore the fact Lego ever made these sets and hope for the best in august.  ... there’s certainly nothing like a retro set or two to make us realise quite how good we’ve had it in this re-release of the HP theme. I find it very hard to fathom how they could have thought that these were a good idea. I guess we know why the golden figures are included though, as someone at Lego clearly saw what a poor reception these would get!

20 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Well, all that’s left to do now is ignore the fact Lego ever made these sets and hope for the best in august.  ... there’s certainly nothing like a retro set or two to make us realise quite how good we’ve had it in this re-release of the HP theme. I find it very hard to fathom how they could have thought that these were a good idea. I guess we know why the golden figures are included though, as someone at Lego clearly saw what a poor reception these would get!

The sets itself arre ok but they dont go with the current ones thats my issue. If it was just them they would have been great

The German set names of the June wave have been added to promobricks' list :classic: No idea what the official English names will be, but my translation goes as follows:

• Botched poly-juice potion
  • Encounter with Fluffy
  • Visit in Hogsmeade
  • Chamber of Secrets

I particularly like the first one, it's hilariously specific :laugh:

Just now, Textorix said:

So now we can wait for august wave set names which will pretty much show us where this theme is going.

Will it though?

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Will it though?

Interesting... Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this imply that the August wave is an irregular one too? :wink: I think the option of a second anniversary wave just got a tiny bit more likely...

Actually, I wouldn't mind that too much, because then they may return to form next year. If the August wave isn't anniversary-related and is still lackluster, then we have a problem :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Will it though?

I thinks so. Because we either get one more anniversary wave or theme will return back to its standart but without DH sets. 

Just now, Textorix said:

I thinks so. Because we either get one more anniversary wave or theme will return back to its standart but without DH sets. 

Or it could be going on a completely different detour and we still won't know if the theme will return to form. 

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Actually, I wouldn't mind that too much, because then they may return to form next year. If the August wave isn't anniversary-related and is still lackluster, then we have a problem :tongue:

Exactly, thats why I am saying that august wave will determine this theme future.

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Or it could be going on a completely different detour and we still won't know if the theme will return to form. 

I dont really see other options than these two but maybe Guyon can prove me wrong :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Will it though?

Are the names really weird or something? (If that is something you can say.) Or is it just not representative of the future of HP (which I assume you cannot say.)

Edited by Brickroll

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Exactly, thats why I am saying that august wave will determine this theme future.

I dont really see other options than these two but maybe Guyon can prove me wrong :laugh:

You'd think not but the way Guyon has been hinting it's like he thinks these are okay, but August is terrible. If August is just more anniversary sets in this modular form then how bad can they get? Which is why I feel like it must be a wave of something else, maybe some anniversary, but with other gimmicks thrown in.

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

You'd think not but the way Guyon has been hinting it's like he thinks these are okay, but August is terrible. If August is just more anniversary sets in this modular form then how bad can they get? Which is why I feel like it must be a wave of something else, maybe some anniversary, but with other gimmicks thrown in.

Probably more anniversary remakes but even worse builds. Well depends what Guyon actually knows, is it just set names or also description of sets or he even saw some pictures (I doubt)?

Guess its a whole lot more sets with mostly just the trio in different costumes.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Are the names really weird or something? (If that is something you can say.) Or is it just not representative of the future of HP (which I assume you cannot say.)

What if it's a "Hogwarts Mystery" (mobile game) or "Hogwarts Legacy" wave (the new game that originally had a 2021 release but now got pushed back to late 2021 or early 2022)? I think if the Legacy game is a hit and it looks like WB is putting a lot of assets into it, we might eventually see sets for that. It's Hogwarts in the 1800s with new (and old) characters, creatures, a new villain that isn't Voldemort or Grindelwald and so on

Lego did a 2 part tie-in wave for the Marvel Avengers game (that game flopped horribly) and the Wizarding World is actually a more profitable brand considering the toy sales for it right now.

Edited by Metanoios91

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The German set names of the June wave have been added to promobricks' list :classic: No idea what the official English names will be, but my translation goes as follows:

• Encounter with Fluffy
  • Visit in Hogsmeade
  • Chamber of Secrets

Minor nitpicks, but the first one would be "Failed Polyjuice Potion", and the third one "Visit to Hogsmeade" :wink:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

• Encounter with Fluffy
  • Visit in Hogsmeade
  • Chamber of Secrets

Botched Poly-juice potion is better than "Harry Potter and the Girls' bathroom" :grin:

I feel like CoS is an opportunity that they ruined

They could have made a huge chamber that goes underneath the current Hogwarts extensions and made it detailed. Same with fluffy

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Minor nitpicks, but the first one would be "Failed Polyjuice Potion", and the third one "Visit to Hogsmeade" :wink:

Whoopsie, typed too fast there, of course it's "to" not "in" :laugh: "Botch" and "fail" are synonyms though, but the former may be a bit too colloquial, I'll give you that :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Juve said:

They could have made a huge chamber that goes underneath the current Hogwarts extensions and made it detailed. Same with fluffy

Yeah its kinda wasted but on the other hand I cant imagine CoS as standalone set with ability to connect to 2018 Great Hall either. I mean 2018-2020 sets were already designed that nothing can be added under them so the only way CoS could be connected is as modular building next to some other building. I am already decided to use new Hogwarts sets either as parts packs or not even buying them and just picking some minifigures.

1 minute ago, Juve said:

Have you ever seen the modern sets? It would be incredibly difficult to make something structurally stable that would fit under the GH and not be ridiculously expensive. Also how would the dock on the GH work? How would you explain the dark blue plates representing water? The largest issue of course is that the chunks of the 2018-2020 Hogwarts all have specific and unique shapes. Any rock set would need to fit under a specific set which would be a nightmare for casual consumers who don't buy everything. What is a kid supposed to do with the astronomy tower and rocks for the Whomping Willow? 

While the interchangeability was taken too far on the new sets with the square staircase tower there does need to be interchangeability both horizontally and vertically for sets meant to be placed below other sets to work. 

17 minutes ago, Juve said:

But that would ruin the connection to all other sets or you would have to buy and build custom rock work for the clock tower and astronomy tower as well. Fluffy isn't ruined. I own the old moulded one and the new one is better in more than one way. First it can actually be lying down or move it's feet, the old one was just static. The old mould could only open the mouths of the heads which had no printing at all and you can only open the middle head or the ones on the side. The new one also has more detailed head sculpts. Additionally the black feet part on the old one just looks bad.

Regarding the size of the chamber: If you combine all 3 "underground" sections of the 76389 new chamber of secrets you get a roughly the same area stud-wise like we would have gotten under the old 2018 Great Hall set.

Edited by Metanoios91