Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Is anyone else actually excited for these golden figures?

I would rather have yellow heads tbh, gold figures are useless to me once the set has been displayed for a few months and gets broken down into parts 

I'm still under the impression that this will be a one off anniversary wave! Need to wait for the images official release date to make my decisions on buying these sets!

I believe the current Hogwarts modular sets, will continue and expect another connection set later in the year, if not 2!

3 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

I'm still under the impression that this will be a one off anniversary wave! Need to wait for the images official release date to make my decisions on buying these sets!

I believe the current Hogwarts modular sets, will continue and expect another connection set later in the year, if not 2!

I dont think so as “lower your expectations” and “you will be shocked” was meant for august wave...

Holy cow, the sets are awesome. Bathroom is awesome, but I don't like how they use butter bear to show it as potion. Also. I really hoped they would give them right suits. But model is awesome, really looking forward to this set!  Set with Fluffy... well, it's cool that Fluffy has moulded head, but he doesn't look good. Need to see more pics. Hogwarts is awesome!!! God I love this so much, he's so beatiful, can't wait to see more pics. New roof color is okay, anyway I'll probably chande to gray, not hard to do. The only thing I might be disappointed in is enter to the chamber of secrets. But again I need to see more pics. Basilisk is okay, I guess. Everything better than 2018 lol. And Hogsmeade is awesome set to its price! I was worried it'll look bad, but it's awesome. Especially, as I said, to its price. Great wave!

22 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

exactly! i still see this wave as 20 years HP and the August wave just as the normal one just like previous years.

With all stuff people came up with for this year in this forum until a gringots with mine track and dragon in a single set, it seems only logical to me to adjust your expectations. Sure we won't get all the things everyone here has listed for this year.

But what do we really know about the August wave other than "lower your expectations" and "You will be shocked"?

16 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Holy cow, the sets are awesome. Bathroom is awesome, but I don't like how they use butter bear to show it as potion. Also. I really hoped they would give them right suits. But model is awesome, really looking forward to this set!  Set with Fluffy... well, it's cool that Fluffy has moulded head, but he doesn't look good. Need to see more pics. Hogwarts is awesome!!! God I love this so much, he's so beatiful, can't wait to see more pics. New roof color is okay, anyway I'll probably chande to gray, not hard to do. The only thing I might be disappointed in is enter to the chamber of secrets. But again I need to see more pics. Basilisk is okay, I guess. Everything better than 2018 lol. And Hogsmeade is awesome set to its price! I was worried it'll look bad, but it's awesome. Especially, as I said, to its price. Great wave!

The torsos are mostly preliminary as can be seen in the hogsmeade set. Exclusive prints would not be finished at the time these preliminary set photos were taken last year. Colours of pieces might also change if the recolour is new for this set

45 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I would rather have yellow heads tbh, gold figures are useless to me once the set has been displayed for a few months and gets broken down into parts 

The figs would look silly with yellow heads and the rest being pearl gold. It is kind of acceptable for ninjago because they wear masks that cover most of the yellow. But Wu got a golden head and is the best golden legacy figure, while Llyod is the worst imo (although the new hair piece is cool).

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm fine with the 2019 Horntail and definitely don't think it's as terrible as others but LEGO undoubtedly could've done a better job with it. 

If i imagine what they did with the fluffy body i woudnt see what they can actualy do...

Hello everyone, 

Really interested in the sets from what I am reading, does anybody has the images? Can someone DM them to me? Thanks :) 

21 minutes ago, OrderOfTheBrick said:

But what do we really know about the August wave other than "lower your expectations" and "You will be shocked"?

That we will either love or hate them and that people who already don‘t like the anniversary sets will downright despise these :look:

We still don‘t know exactly why our informants dislike them so much. Set selection? Builds? Minifigs? All of the above? It‘s been implied that the selection is the culprit, but nobody knows for sure :shrug_oh_well:

Thoughts on each set:

76386: the build sucks as a standalone set, it just feels like a part of a bigger build was taken out if it and sold as a separate set; minfigures will definitely be great tho

76387: Hogwarts looks like it has no depth to it, I hope it looks better from different angle; Fluffy looks awful, except for heads; if minfigures don't get new clothes then they are awful

76388: Hogsmeade looks so good, incredible builds; minfigures are all so variable, just awesome

76389: builds look good enough, but I'd like them to be more connected and feel less like 3 different builds (especially the entrance); Basilisk sucks, I hate how stiff he is and how bad the mid-section looks (head is awesome tho); minfigures will definitely be great

In conclusion, not a fan of those sets. The first 2 straight-up suck, Hogsmeade is fantastic and CoS is okay.

17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That we will either love or hate them and that people who already don‘t like the anniversary sets will downright despise these :look:

Bold part is a prediction. If you dislike the June wave I highly doubt you'll like the August one.

Edited by Guyon2002

Before more info is available on the august wave I hold out hope for nice sets.
The info there is of it right now is too vague for me still and to much predictions.

Also the June wave isn't looking that bad for an anniversary wave.
If this becomes the new style also in 2022 then its a different story.

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bold part is a prediction. If you dislike the June wave I highly doubt you'll like the August one.

Is August anniversary wave too?

4 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Given that they're never going to actually line up to create a full minifigure scale Hogwarts anyways... at what point would people actually feel that their modular Hogwarts is complete? 

Or at least satisfied if they had to end?

For the 2018-2020 Hogwarts I’m pretty satisfied with what we have rn. The GH, WW, CT, AT, together are perfect and we got a good variety of rooms. More additions and I think it begin will look a bit much and there really isn’t any iconic parts of the exterior castle left. Sure you could argue the Bell Towers, but it’s nowhere near as architecturally interesting as both CT and AT. So it’s not high up on my list. 

As for the Anniversary Hogwarts, I hope that we at least get the Three Challenges in some way, shape or form. The one thing that the 2018-2020 Hogwarts sets didn’t do right is capture pivotal scenes from the first two films and here’s  a chance to make things right here. Everything else is gravy, though I wouldn’t mind a Dueling Club and a Troll on the Loose remake.

2 hours ago, jmckrew said:

Well to balance all the negativity I absolutely LOVE all these sets, and I'm also looking forward to the Gold figures. I've shown them to my children as well, and they are also excited. As a family we've never been disappointed by any of the Potter sets going back to 2001, (apart from the recent art set). So perhaps we are easily pleased or maybe the target audience for this wave is kids between 5-11 and 40 something's :shrug_confused:

Personally I’m with you, these sets are incredible. The new GH is a homage to every iteration of HP so far. The elevation of the 2001 Hogwarts and Chamber, the Hall itself reminds of the 2010 version, and imagine the interiors and minifigs of the 2018 version. Definitely picking all these up, though I’m a bit disappointed if the Forbidden Corridor doesn’t have a trapdoor and Devil Snare.

Hogsmeade is stunning! I really love it! The bathroom is ok and the two Hogwarts sets are stunningly terrible, with the Chamber of Secrets one slightly less bad. Maybe they look better in official pictures (that's sort of my last hope for these two sets), but I especially don't like the sand green roofs 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Greshi210
Typo

34 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Is August anniversary wave too?

I feel like that's a pretty safe assumption at this point - given the likelihood for our opinions to mirror the June wave.  Few thoughts from me on these sets:

- Girl's Bathroom.  This looks ok, pretty lacklustre build but some stickers or mirrors etc would help.  Figs are the important part and will likely justify the cost, I suspect the butterbeer will be recoloured green.  I'm hoping Hermione's head will fit underneath the new mould, we'll get a reused torso from Draco in Diagon Alley for all three figs, we'll get spare hairpieces for the characters and Harry and Ron will have new expressions.

- Fluffy's Corridor.  I like the sand green returning and don't mind the mix with nougat bricks - I have done similar in my modified 4842.  Think it's worth noting the high saturation of the images and that the actual colours will be softer.  What I don't like is the gold and I think this is going to be in the final version based on the top of the tower in the Hogwarts Castle set as those pieces are available in tan.  Also think the set looks like a lazy, cheap build with lots of panels and no nice shaping.  Fluffy looks okay and I hope the figs get new outfits before release.

- Hogwarts Castle.  Lots of positives and negatives, I didn't like the 2018 Great Hall set at all as it was far from accurate in shape of the hall and the tower, plus the basilisk was awful.  In this new set the hall looks better proportioned and the Basilisk is improved.  I'm really not keen on the tower though, it's blocky, far too square, the windows are ugly/not film accurate and I don't like the gold.  Minifigs are good and it's nice to get a Chamber of Secrets.  I hope that there will be a new window piece for the top of the great hall and the side build as these look ugly in the image.

- Hogsmeade.  This is much better, nicely detailed designs and good figure selection.  I'm curious about the piece above Rosmerta.

All in all I'm still excited and will likely pick most of these up on discount, I appreciate the anniversary throwback and think the gold figs will be a nice addition, plus the final sets will be much better than this.  Main gripe is that these feel cheaper, I don't like the thin panels in the walls/rock.  Think we'll get some DH sets next year but don't expect a significant Hogwarts expansion like the Bell Towers (boring monotonous build with no known interior, little exposure in the films and overall unremarkable), Gringotts will at least come some day I'm sure!

taking into account that the august wave should be disappointing, I think it will be a wave dedicated again to the 20th anniversary.

So I leave here the list that for me would be disappointing:

76395 - $29.99 - Remake of 4729: Dumbledore's Office

76394 - $39.99 - Remake of 4704 - The Room of the Winged + Final Challenge

76392 - $59.99 - Remake of Hagrid's Hut + Dark Florest. Like the detention of Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco in the first movie.

76393 - $119.99 - Motorised Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade station

76391 - $249.99 - Quidditch Camp and maybe hogwarts grounds (hagrid hut or Whomping Willow). Micro scale style like 71043: Hogwarts Castle.

Edited by Nunomi

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Is there a way to compare these two waves without giving anything away, like a metaphor? I‘m not prying for specific info here, I just need something to grasp on to mentally prepare myself for what horrors await us :grin: 

Hello all, I've been reading this forum for some time and am new to commenting. Thanks for all of the interesting discussion. I absolutely love the HP LEGO theme, and the forum takes my mind off the wait for some of the sets to be released. Looking forward to being a part of the discussion.

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Is there a way to compare these two waves without giving anything away, like a metaphor? I‘m not prying for specific info here, I just need something to grasp on to mentally prepare myself for what horrors await us :grin: 

I think @Guyon2002 and @Falconfan1414 have told us everything they can.  In terms of preparation I think it's safe to say we should temper our high expectations.  I think @Nunomi has made a pretty good guess with their list, I'd maybe amend slightly:

76395 - $29.99 - Remake of Troll in the bathroom (I know this was also in a bathroom but think we could get this without much building like the Grawp set)

76394 - $39.99 - Remake of 4704 - The Room of the Winged + Final Challenge (agree this is likely)

76392 - $59.99 - Remake of Hagrid's Hut + Dark Forest. Like the detention of Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco in the first movie. (also agree with this and would add that we'd get Fang and Norbert)

76393 - $119.99 - Motorised Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade station/Durmstrang Ship and second task (both would make sense as to why the price per piece would be so high)

76391 - $249.99 - This is the tricky one, I don't think this'll be another Hogwarts build or something new altogether like Ministry of Magic or Grimmauld place.  Perhaps this could be the Shrieking Shack and another couple of Hogsmeade buildings, or a large buildable object (broom or another Art set).  I still have a modicum of hope that we'll get Gringotts - it's the glaring omission at the moment and it makes sense for this to be a D2C in the $100 to $400 price range that is released shortly after Diagon Alley - as a D2C this is the most likely set to be separate from the anniversary wave after all.

So I had a look at the leaks yesterday

Just some thoughts about them

I was excited for these sets but to be honest after I saw them they do have flaws

I have collected the vintage HP sets, but since the reboot they changed the style and now Im only getting the new ones and they are very good. I dont like that the new great hall and the hogwarts expansion cant connect with the other hogrwarts.

Regarding the new great hall the only part I like is the CoS cant believe they still havent made a decent Basilisk. I still think the original one was the best

THe same thing can be said about Fluffy I prefer the original.

Hogmsmeade is amazing its the only set that can work with the others.

The bathroom might be able to be connected somehow.

Do you guys think that if I change the green roofs to grey It will work.

And do you think that I can use CoS under the old Great Hall and then just use the new one for parts

I am quite new here so these are just my ideas.

I was thinking it would be great to get werewolf Lupin in a CMF

1 minute ago, Yope said:

I think @Guyon2002 and @Falconfan1414 have told us everything they can. 

I know, which is why I asked for a metaphor :wink: In the sense of „when the June wave is a grape, then the August one is a raisin“ or something like that :laugh: No new info, but it would help (lots of people like grapes, but almost everyone hates raisins, except for those who love them wholeheartedly for some inexplicable reason)

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Guyon2002 You could use the Marvel and DC Cinematic Universe to describe the quality and content of the sets. Like 76389 is the Superman 2 (Donner-cut version) of the wave. The D2C for example could be like the Dark Knight movie (hopefully) or if it's controversial either like the Joker Movie or the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon (the former being adult oriented while the later is oriented at kids). Or if it's a rather original take on the source material you could say it's the "Into the Spiderverse"-movie.

Well these preliminary pictures look fantastic to me! I love how the great hall is an homage to all the different versions we've had over these 2 decades. The only thing that stands out to me are those windows, they seem kind of strange but I'll have to wait for official pictures to decide if I like them or not lol. I hope the interiors and the chamber itself are nicely detailed as I'll be displaying the interiors of these. Actually, I would really love the idea of the August wave being a continuation of this anniversary line because I am absolutely loving this modular style. The forbidden corridor is too long to fit on the tower section so there must be a set with the Devil's Snare that is meant to fit underneath right?