Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

okay, now that I have seen the images I have to say that it is not as bad as I hear a lot here.

Bathroom: Small set, but nothing wrong with it. Could be as regular a set as any other year and is similar to room of requirements from last year. Can be combined with the current set just fine.

Forbidden Corridor: Looks great, nothing wrong with it but the fact that the roof is green could be called less. But that's a nice reference to 20 years of HP. You can also combine this with your current sets.

Hogsmeade: Great set, just like previous years.

Great Hall/Chamber of secrets: Not too bad, but the least. chamber is good I think, great hall is less. But maybe the inside is nice.

All in all not nearly as negative as I thought it would be and a nice 20 years of HP sets.
I still hope the August set will be DH. But if they are also 20 year HP sets this way I have no problem with it. Then I'm hoping for DH in 2022.

Is anyone else actually excited for these golden figures? I know i'm actually feeling pretty excited about them, but haven't actually heard anyone else respond positively to them. 

Just for clarification. There aren't pictures of these. Just the idea of them i'm referring to.

4 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Is anyone else actually excited for these golden figures? I know i'm actually feeling pretty excited about them, but haven't actually heard anyone else respond positively to them. 

I‘m also quite excited to see them. Of course there‘s not much of a purpose to them (not even from a scavenging perspective, what are you going to do with golden hairpieces for instance, in case they have them?), but they seem like a nice collectible. I already appreciated the 2019 SW anniversary figs, but these sound superior :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m also quite excited to see them. Of course there‘s not much of a purpose to them (not even from a scavenging perspective, what are you going to do with golden hairpieces for instance?), but they seem like a nice collectible. I already appreciated the 2019 SW anniversary figs, but these seem superior :classic:

I just think they will look cool. Might make a little stand just to sit them in front of Hogwarts in the same vein as the Hogwarts Founders with Hogwarts or the Agents of SHIELD with the Helicarrier. Just something special and different I guess! :laugh:

Only just thought... I wonder what outfit they are actually going to be in? The Ninjago Legacy Figures all have different outfits from the different series. I wonder if they will all be different or all just in school uniform?

Edited by chris6507

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Yes, but why is this particular leak special?

Like, I understand that this will make them be extra caucious, but wouldnt every other leak do the same?

Falconfan posted an explanation on Instagram, I'd recommend reading that :wink:

8 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Was there also a Sirius figure in that set? I couldn't tell with the low image resolution.

Nope.

Personally not a fan at all. They're just a waste of budget imo. 

9 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Just for clarification. There aren't pictures of these. Just the idea of them i'm referring to.

I am a bit curious to see how they look, and also if the gold Harry, Ron and Hermione will use short, medium or regular legs.  I don't think we have gold short or medium legs, so one of those would be neat to get.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Falconfan posted an explanation on Instagram, I'd recommend reading that :wink:

Nope.

Just read Falconfan's post. Just out of curiosity... what is d2c leaking? Is it just a d2c leaking in any manner or is this a particular thing?

Also appreciate your opinion on the Gold Figures. Always interesting how different people react to the same things in such different ways. :sweet:

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don‘t think it‘s that bad. Even if you omit the golden minifigs, the amount of minifigs in these sets is still impressive and the new prints / recoloured pieces shouldn‘t cost too much either :shrug_oh_well: If they can suddenly afford three waves in the same year, they obviously must‘ve had a budget increase

2 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I am a bit curious to see how they look, and also if the gold Harry, Ron and Hermione will use short, medium or regular legs.  I don't think we have gold short or medium legs, so one of those would be neat to get.

I‘m curious about the wands, a pearl gold version could look pretty nice :classic:

Yeah everyone who’s been asking for pictures just type in #legoleaks of #legoleaks2021 (less spam) into the search bar on Instagram and make sure you’re looking under the ‘recent’ header 

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t think it‘s that bad. Even if you omit the golden minifigs, the amount of minifigs in these sets is still impressive and the new prints / recoloured pieces shouldn‘t cost too much either :shrug_oh_well: If they can suddenly afford three waves in the same year, they obviously must‘ve had a budget increase

I‘m curious about the wands, a pearl gold version could look pretty nice :classic:

I hope they make pearl gold versions of the centaur, goblin and house-elf eventually.  I also had the idea to potentially use the the golden figures of the anniversary wave (Harry, Ron, Hermione,...) as the new monument in a Ministry of Magic atrium MOC (kind of the 19 years later version). Because Kingsley exchanges the "magic is might monument" from Voldemort's takeover with a new monument depicting the battle for hogwarts. So the golden trio statues would fit in universe, because they are the heroes of the battle and it would at the same time be a callback to the former golden fountain of magical brethren statues in the atrium (wizard, witch, centaur, house-elf and goblin)

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Golden wands sounds pretty obvious now that you mention it! Also I wonder with the anniversary theme if the golden minifigures use the same printing and hair pieces as the old figures. So they’d be in gold but printed with the old robes and faces and old hair pieces for the trio! Voldemort could even have his old printing from 2005! 
I think this would make sense as that way Lego are picking the timeless version of the trio instead of having to choose what age the golden minifigures should be. 

Fantastic Beasts sets were less popular (by far) than HP sets, thats why Lego made only a few of them so dont expect them to return any time sooner than 3rd movie comes. Even then I think we get only like 2-3 sets.

Edited by Textorix

7 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Fantastic Beasts sets were by far less popular than HP sets, thats why Lego made only a few of them so dont expect them to return any time sooner than 3rd movie comes. Even then I think we get only like 2-3 sets.

Don't know about other countries... But Newt's Case is very hard to come by here, seems to have had a very short shelf life. They got snapped up and barely come on sale used or new. I got lucky and got one really cheap on a local buy swap and sell group. But they seem to have really gone up in price. 

Also I think the Crimes of Grindelwald set was just very, very boring (although the whole movie was, but that's another topic). 

So general I just don't think those movies got much of a chance. I can't believe they didn't do the whole circus scene as a set from Crimes of Grindelwald if they were going to do only one set. That would have been awesome!

Got to admit though... between both movies I can't really think of many scenes/locations that would have made exciting sets. Suppose that's the problem with the stories being based 99% in muggle land.

Edited by chris6507

26 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Just read Falconfan's post. Just out of curiosity... what is d2c leaking? Is it just a d2c leaking in any manner or is this a particular thing?

It's referring to when a D2C leaks in it's entirety, which is most of the time when a D2C leaks. It's bad because it's LEGO's own employees who are at fault most of the time.

15 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

I hope they make pearl gold versions of the centaur, goblin and house-elf eventually.  I also had the idea to potentially use the the golden figures of the anniversary wave (Harry, Ron, Hermione,...) as the new monument in a Ministry of Magic atrium MOC (kind of the 19 years later version). Because Kingsley exchanges the "magic is might monument" from Voldemort's takeover with a new monument depicting the battle for hogwarts. So the golden trio statues would fit in universe, because they are the heroes of the battle and it would at the same time be a callback to the former golden fountain of magical brethren statues in the atrium (wizard, witch, centaur, house-elf and goblin)

That's actually a pretty solid idea!

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Got to admit though... between both movies I can't really think of many scenes/locations that would have made exciting sets. Suppose that's the problem with the stories being based 99% in muggle land.

For the first FB there isn't really anything left besides an expansion set to Newt's Suitcase. As for Crimes of Grindelwald I'd love to get the Circus Arcanus, Lestrange Mausoleum and French MoM but I'd absolutely kill for a set based on Newt's basement in his London appartment :wub_drool:

Okay, I've seen the pics now, AFTER reading all the comments, and they don't look as bad as you all make them sound! The builds look pretty final but the minifigs are clearly preliminary - they seem to all use existing parts except for Hermione's cat head, and that's clearly a prototype.

I'm surprised how substantial hogsmeade looks for the price and piece count. 

The Great Hall looks rather small, but I'm glad they didn't use more pieces on it given that the 2018 one is still available - we get more of the chamber and tower this way. You could just get rid of the great hall, put something else there and you've got a random part of the castle. That's what I'll probably do, as I'll likely get this for the basilisk and minifigs - Lockhart, Tom Riddle, Colin Creevey and Sinistra are all new characters for me!

The Forbidden Corridor and bathroom, I will wait to see the final pics, as these hinge more on the minifigs since the builds aren't anything special. I was hoping that the obstacles to the Philosopers Stone - the devil's snare, winged keys and chess - would be represented in the Forbidden Corridor. I hope the trio in this set have their outfits from the actual scene and not their school jumpers, and I hope Harry and Ron in the bathroom can be changed into Crabbe and Goyle. Goyle hasn't appeared in the reboot yet and Crabbe only appeared as yellow fig in 2002 - in the original version of the same set!

Well to balance all the negativity I absolutely LOVE all these sets, and I'm also looking forward to the Gold figures. I've shown them to my children as well, and they are also excited. As a family we've never been disappointed by any of the Potter sets going back to 2001, (apart from the recent art set). So perhaps we are easily pleased or maybe the target audience for this wave is kids between 5-11 and 40 something's :shrug_confused:

Edited by jmckrew

Don't know if anyone has seen the new Kai's Fire Dragon from Ninjago Legacy but if we could get a Horntail remake similar to that somewhere down the line I would absolutely love that. 

Unpopular opinion but I really like Hungarian Horntail from 2019 and I dont think there is need to remake it. Save new dragon mould for Ironbelly in Gringotts... well if there will be any Gringotts in the future :sceptic:

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Unpopular opinion but I really like Hungarian Horntail from 2019 and I dont think there is need to remake it. Save new dragon mould for Ironbelly in Gringotts... well if there will be Gringotts in the furure :sceptic:

You REALLY like it? Or just happy with it? 

5 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Unpopular opinion but I really like Hungarian Horntail from 2019 and I dont think there is need to remake it. Save new dragon mould for Ironbelly in Gringotts... well if there will be any Gringotts in the future :sceptic:

I'm fine with the 2019 Horntail and definitely don't think it's as terrible as others but LEGO undoubtedly could've done a better job with it. 

You REALLY like it? Or just happy with it? 

Yeah I like it. The mould for the head works quite well, build is decent... I mean yes obviously it could be better but for me its like 8/10.

14 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah I like it. The mould for the head works quite well, build is decent... I mean yes obviously it could be better but for me its like 8/10.

Cool. Was just curious! It kind of looks more like a bird to me. So was a little surprised you like it so much.

5 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Cool. Was just curious! It kind of looks more like a bird to me. So was a little surprised you like it so much.

Yes the shape of it looks like bird but the horns and good print make it more accurate.