Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

56 minutes ago, deskp said:

SO i guess this year is all sets consisting of   modular container boxes you can mix and match as you please.  

Hogwarts there already made up of 6 different "cubes"   

Fluffy set   3? cubes

bathroom 1 cube

Hopefully one year of this is enough...............................

The roofs and towers are modularly interchangeable as well (at least for the tower in 76387 and 76389) which means the fluffy corridor set has 5 modular parts (3 for the tower + 2 for the corridor; roof can be detached and bathroom added for example or the Chamber tower section). 76389 consists of 9 individual modules. On the left 3 (Chamber + great hall + roof). Tower in the middle has 5 modules and then the chamber entrance door on the right is the 9th module. All building modules (except the roofs naturally) have the same pin hole connection distance/height as the 2018 sets

Edited by Metanoios91

That bathroom build 🤢, I can’t see how it fits in with the others unless they come apart in the middle

I’m not a fan of the green roofs but for me these sets will be parts packs to expand my own creations based on the previous sets.

CoS is VERY evocative in profile of the first Hogwarts set from PS, seems to work (chamber door looks great) and looks ok but who asked for this? In all the castle builds it seems like they gave up trying to look like a part of the specific castle and went for random/made up structures.

I hope we get some nice stuff in the tower for Lockheart’s office/classroom 

Also called it on the Basilisk using the new large macaroni parts (Micky mouse/ bonsai tree), head looks really great 👍 seems to be using the velociraptor lower jaw too 

Quick question;

I'm out of the loop and havent been following this line for a long time, why is such a big deal that some sets leaked and what does it mean?

I honestly like how these sets work as a modular more than the existing ones.

The older sets are more detailed, yes, but the finished product is difficult to display and doesn’t look very coherent.

Considering the lackluster june wave and @Guyon2002's ominous comments about the august wave and I'm starting to worry about the themes quality.We might have another Lotr/Hobbit situation in our hands. 

6 minutes ago, Surge said:

The bathroom looks ok. not really much going on, but I like that there is at least one stall. Hermione is exciting, and I personally don't really care that its just a block. Also, kind of confused how it all goes together. the chamber entrance should be by the sink, but then what are those pins for?

Also I'm curious why the golden figs are in non of the pictures, my guess is that they are in a separate section of the catalog like Ninjago. Excited to see those aswell, wonder if they will have stands. 

The bathroom has mostly tiles on it's ceiling with a few studs, I think it can be added into the tower in 73689, so the sink alpines above the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets. I think it would be added between the ground floor level and first floor level (or first floor and second floor, depending on which terminology yor country uses :grin:

Would the gold figures even have preliminary art? This isn't a final product catalogue. 

76387 - Good build and will definitely fit well with 76389 Hogwarts Castle. However, the price of $40 sounds steep.

76388 - One of the best Harry Potter sets I have ever seen! The final set is very close to what I first expected it to look like and I'm amazed by its accuracy. Day one purchase.

76389 - Not exactly what I imagined it would look like, but a very nice set on its own. The downside is that it won't fit too well with previous Harry Potter sets and $140 seems very steep. Will get it at a discount.

5 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I can’t see how it fits in with the others unless they come apart in the middle

In all the castle builds it seems like they gave up trying to look like a part of the specific castle and went for random/made up structures.

They do come apart in modules like I described above. 

The less detailed style has to do with the anniversary line being a throwback to the 2001 to 2011 style. Look at the 2011 castle. The great hall exterior was'nt much more detailed then as well and it also contained random structures. The longest time the Harry Potter line consisted of this type of build and people back then loved and bought them anyway.

4842-1.jpg?201009010137

Oh the sets look cool. I’m excited for the Bathroom now because, as I hoped, Harry and Ron have Slytherin torsos, which means I’ll be able to use use the Crabbe and Gayle faces and put them in my Hogwarts as actual Crabbe and Goyle! I also really like the look of Hogsmeade. The Fluffy corridor looks like a good addition to the Great Hall, and those two together might make a good micro-Hogwarts but I’m not sold that they’ll match all that well with the existing Hogwarts stuff from the last three years.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Didn't know butterbeer was one of the ingredients for polyjuice potion :tongue: No wonder it didn't work properly :laugh:

No wonder Hermione 'fluffed' it. 😉

Okay, the pictures have been taken down for real this time. I was just noticing Dumbledore and a knight in the big Hogwarts set, and also thanks to the pic of the 2010 set @Metanoios91 shared, it made me realize the new great hall section isn’t as small as it initially seemed.

9 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Quick question;

I'm out of the loop and havent been following this line for a long time, why is such a big deal that some sets leaked and what does it mean?

LEGO has been slowly crunching down on leaks over the past few years and this got to an all-time-high when the early-2021 catalogue leaked spectacularly. The fact this website put so many of these confidential prelims out there will most likely result in LEGO crunching down even harder, which will eventually make it much harder to get leaks. 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Didn't know butterbeer was one of the ingredients for polyjuice potion :tongue: No wonder it didn't work properly :laugh:

I hope it's a recolour into trans-blue or something.

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

I hope it's a recolour into trans-blue or something.

I hope so too :laugh: Transparent parts are among my absolute favourites

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I hope so too :laugh: Transparent parts are among my absolute favourites

I think Ron and Harry too hoped for something a bit less solid:

541ab3506460a3d7-600x338.png

What would you think if the 250 set is a massive chess game based on the first film

1 minute ago, Juve said:

What would you think if the 250 set is a massive chess game based on the first film

If they wanted to do that, they should make it minifig scale.

9 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The longest time the Harry Potter line consisted of this type of build and people back then loved and bought them anyway.

Exactly the point I made earlier, but the key difference is that now we've seen and become accustomed to a much better style, so these feel like a significant downgrade. I snapped up those 2010/11 Hogwarts sets in a heartbeat, but the 2018-2020 ones blow them out of the water no questions asked. These Anniversary ones themselves might still be better than any prior to 2018 but not as good as the '18-'20 ones.

Honestly, I don't care if we get any more Hogwarts sets in the '18-'20 style or not, I just want Deathly Hallows sets covering Deathly Hallows scenes and minifigures.

I know we cant share photos here but where should i search for them since it seems all of you saw them. If its not allowed than dont mind the message :D

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO has been slowly crunching down on leaks over the past few years and this got to an all-time-high when the early-2021 catalogue leaked spectacularly. The fact this website put so many of these confidential prelims out there will most likely result in LEGO crunching down even harder, which will eventually make it much harder to get leaks. 

Other toy companies like Bandai present their prototype figures a year before their release on exhibitions to the public and they have preorder phases months before with official pictures. Lego wants to sell their product. The crackdown on "leaks" three months before release is ridiculous and isn't helping them sell anything. I admit that prelims are not ideal for promotional purposes, but they could just release the official pics three months before release and have preorder phases to estimate demand. Right now they have trouble on their own online shop with sets selling out fast. If they had the preorders early (like right now for example), they could ramp up production for those sets and have overall a more pleasant consumer experience. But what do I know with only two semesters of marketing and economics...

3 minutes ago, Juve said:

I rarely actively hate LEGO sets (if ever), but this I would. Not only would it be a waste of a D2C set, there wouldn't be a way to display that in any reasonable fashion :tongue:

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

If they wanted to do that, they should make it minifig scale.

Yeah of course minifig scale 

It can also be like a real game chess

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

Other toy companies like Bandai present their prototype figures a year before their release on exhibitions to the public and they have preorder phases months before with official pictures. Lego wants to sell their product. The crackdown on "leaks" three months before release is ridiculous and isn't helping them sell anything. I admit that prelims are not ideal for promotional purposes, but they could just release the official pics three months before release and have preorder phases to estimate demand. Right now they have trouble on their own online shop with sets selling out fast. If they had the preorders early (like right now for example), they could ramp up production for those sets and have overall a more pleasant consumer experience. But what do I know with only two semesters of marketing and economics...

I completely agree, sadly LEGO doesn't seem to think the same way.