Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's not what I said though. I like the June wave as well but the August wave? God no. 

Oh &@$*#. That does not sound promising at all.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's not what I said though. I like the June wave as well but the August wave? God no. 

I thought you said something a few pages back about the august wave being love or hate and then those who really like this one will like the next one. My bad, sorry, I wasn't trying to post fake leaks using your name.

I'll probably end up buying all the sets, though Hogsmeade is the definite winner here.  I really hope the Forbidden Corridor set has the trio in the casual clothes they were actually wearing in the scene instead of the jumpers the preliminary pictures have them in.  To get around the issue of having two Great Halls in my display, I'll probably try putting them back to back.  Hopefully they're not too different in height.  The new one has the rock base that the 2018 one doesn't have, but the actual castle section of the 2021 version looks shorter than the 2018 version, so maybe it'll balance out enough to work.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's...not reassuring.

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Uh oh *huh* Now I'm REALLY worried because I thought you didn't like the June sets all that much either

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Zoinks, does that include the rumored 250$ set? Or is that considered separate?

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Oh boy I can't wait for the forthcoming train wreck :moar::pir-huzzah2:

I don‘t wanna be annoying but where can I see the pictures your are all discussing?? It‘s driving me nuts to read the comments. 🙈

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Lord Jesus.

Well, in that case it’s money being saved so cool I guess. 

Btw I kind of missed the preliminary image style leaks, feels a bit nostalgic to me.

Just now, Axxe90 said:

I don‘t wanna be annoying but where can I see the pictures your are all discussing?? It‘s driving me nuts to read the comments. 🙈

On IG under #legoleaks

50 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Promobricks were wrong by the way with one of their points. The pin holes on the june wave are in fact compatible with the 2018 to 2020 Hogwarts "modular" system. Look at the right side of the bathroom set. The technic pins are on the same height as previous models.

I think they meant that they are not indented to be combined with the current line, but I don't remember exactly what the article said.

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

On IG under #legoleaks

I‘ve tried this several times in the past but I see nothing HP related :(

is it forbidden to state the IG user that posted them?

1 minute ago, Axxe90 said:

They're definitely on there, just scroll down a little.

2 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

They weren't posted on LegoLeaks, they were / are accidentally revealed in a webstore. EDIT they are there now.

I'm sure some people have saved them. :innocent:

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

They weren't posted on LegoLeaks, they were / are accidentally revealed in a webstore.

I'm sure some people have saved them. :innocent:

They are now though.

Just now, BrickHat said:

Is that an orange Lockhart in the basilisk set? Sorry, it has been hard to keep up!

Yes.

Yeah... it's just what I thought it was going to be. Seems like cheaper sets with less detail is LEGO's new approach. Personally, I'm not a fan, but oh well.

Hogsmeade doesn't look too bad, but Honeyduke's isn't colourful enough. Might pick up that one, but the rest are a pass :sceptic:

Oh wow, what an eventful evening :grin: I think I like them, much too early to tell for sure though. Hogsmeade looks just excellent, I hope final product will not be changed too much, Great Hall with the Chamber is actually better than I expected, a bit weird but I like that the Chamber is spacious enough for the basilisk. Myrtle's bathroom is maybe a bit too simple, but we all know cat Hermione is the most important part. Fluffy I find underwhelming, of course I'd rather if it was fully moulded (and posable like dinosaurs) but this type of build seems to be a standar in this theme, so I won't complain (too much)

Found it... well mmh

i kinda like the style of the girls bathroom, and also Hogsmead. Also the Basilik seems really cool.

But the Hogwarts build (also forbidden corridor) looks rather cheap. Even if the roofs would be grey it would still look bad. Compared to the 2018 version quite... ugly tbh. I just hope the CoS is nice inside.

Otherwise I must admit I am quite disappointed. I really hope this new „less detail and cheap looking“ design is really just for the anniversary set and that Lego will go back to the great design from the previous years. 
Even if it would take until 2022 but pls don‘t keep this design for the next upcoming years :(

I must admit I'm surprised there is so much negativity around this wave, we've known about the change in colour scheme, and that there will be throwback and hints to the first waves for some time. However, some of these sets are virtually bang on what has been requested in the Future HP sets threads and various wishlists in the official yearly threads :shrug_confused:

I can't wait to get my hands on Hogsmeade and make the roofs snowier :laugh:

I was determined to read through everybody's reactions before I sought out the pictures, and I was braced for something catastrophic...

...but I don't see the problem (aside from the abundance of Harry minifigures, but I doubt I'll ever get my wish of a year without any new Harrys). Sand green has always felt like a better colour for Hogwarts roofs than dark bluish grey to me - I think because it reminds me of the copper roofs on churches near to me. It's also a nicer colour (I despise dark bluish grey for anything other than BURPs and their ilk). The basilisk looks basilisky, the bathroom looks like a bathroom. All of these sets look like the sort of things I'd be compelled to buy for one reason or another, which hasn't happened yet in the Harry Potter theme.

On the bright side, if everybody hates the sets I won't have to worry about them selling out on Lego.com before I can get my order in! :pir-wench:

I'm not sure how to feel about this wave.

The Hogsmeade looks great and will fit well with the previous sets, only thing its really missing is Hagrid and the ministers sled (I know they weren't in the rumors, but I still think they would've been cool in the set)

I'm personally very happy with how fluffy looks especially compared to the old one, however I can definitely understand people that have the opposite opinion. Overall that set looks ok, but I'm not a fan of all the holes that seem to be on the side, they desperately need windows (they might have them, cant tell). also love that harp!

The bathroom looks ok. not really much going on, but I like that there is at least one stall. Hermione is exciting, and I personally don't really care that its just a block. Also, kind of confused how it all goes together. the chamber entrance should be by the sink, but then what are those pins for?

Now the big one. I'm pretty disappointed by this. obviously it will be improved, but going off this picture, it looks like kind of a mess. The holes in the rocks of the great hall are ugly, and the tower looks way to blocky for my liking. That chamber entrance looks very strange, with what seems to be a small tower, but its facing the same way as the entrance. This all goes back to my confusion of how this all connects. The basilisk looks ok, but it doesn't look like it has much articulation which is disappointing, but I suppose any more would make it more like the 2018. Head on that looks fantastic.

I'm not gonna judge the minifigs yet cus 1, I can barely see them/they are prelims and 2, I'm too lazy :laugh_hard:

I'm gonna get them all as I'm a completionist with this theme, but overall I think the wave is ok, but far from anything special and all the sets we have seem these past 3 year (with the exception of Hogsmeade)

Also I'm curious why the golden figs are in non of the pictures, my guess is that they are in a separate section of the catalog like Ninjago. Excited to see those aswell, wonder if they will have stands 

Sorry for the long post, just had a lot of thought!