Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

I think the sets are good over all.

I think the new ones work great as part packs

I like how you said that new sets are good and then said that they are good as part packs... made my day :laugh:

4 minutes ago, deskp said:

Will the figs not be worthwhile in august?! 

That's a good question,because thus far I found the minifigs from the june wave disappointing.

I've seen the images and I have to say that the Hogsmeade set looks really good, way better than I initially expected. But for the Hogwarts ones... Well, let's say I'm not the biggest fan of them. I get that those are supposed to be reboots of the original ones and as reboot sets, I think they work quite well but those green roofs are a big nono to me.

The CoS seems to look good and I really hope LEGO had done the 2018 GH with that possible expansion in mind.

The girl's bathroom is a bit disappointing since I expected it not to be in that ''framed'' style (if that makes any sense) but I'll buy it anyway since it looks like that may fit with the previous Hogwarts sets.

I don't really like the way the Forbidden Corridor looks. Again, looks perfect as an anniversary set since it pretty much nails the essence of the older 2010 style, but doesn't match my current Hogwarts display.

We still have to wait and see the final product, but for now, I'll pass on the new Hogwarts GH and Forbidden Corridor. 

I really hope that most of the sets that are not anniversary-themed are OoTP/HBP/DH based or this year my HP additions will be quite short...

1 minute ago, LOTR34 said:

That's a good question,because thus far I found the minifigs from the june wave disappointing.

Maybe the final ones are all new kinds. Unique variants etc.

Just now, TheJames183 said:

The girl's bathroom is a bit disappointing since I expected it not to be in that ''framed'' style (if that makes any sense) but I'll buy it anyway since it looks like that may fit with the previous Hogwarts sets.

Yes, I expected it to be open like the Room of Requirement set as well.

I think the sets look quite good, but indeed of a lower quality than previously. These sets feel aimed at a younger audience, with more focus on play than display. I hope the interiors are detailed, that might help me forgive the more lacklustre exteriors. I also doubt we'll get a decent Slytherin statue, It'll probably be a sticker and not brick-built.

3 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I'm sorry but Fluffy's legs are awful. :pir-murder:

I find the brickbuilt creatures are always awful. Wish they would do moulded ones like they used to! At least they don't brick build all the dinosaurs in Jurassic World.

I don't understand who the target audience is for these  remake sets.  the now-adults who grew up with the originals to me seem to have moved on to the current  refined movie accurate style.

It seems somewhat mastrubatory of lego to make these.

I do appreciate they took the opperturnity to make it a chamber based set. which is a thing a lot of the adults on here have asked for since 2018

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

I like how you said that new sets are good and then said that they are good as part packs... made my day :laugh:

Yeah I considered the 2018-2020 sets also good, because I used them as parts packs as well. I like to MOC my own sets and tan, dark tan, medium nougat, sand green are useful brick colours. It is a building toy and for the most part I get more enjoyment out of it, when I go off the instructions. I hate most super heroes sets because the part selection is horrible colourwise with a few exceptions (like Wonder Woman 1984, some Batman movie sets). Marvel is worse than DC because Batman builds usually offer atl least good selection of black and dbg parts.

I really like the sets! For a while I have been planning to mod my Hogwarts to build the underside and now these look like they will provide either a decent base to put them on also I think they would work for the back side of Hogwarts for the most part. I don't see a single piece in sand green that doesn't also come in grey so I can swap that easily which is what I was hoping for. From what I see it requires very few modifications which is great to make it look like it is part of the current Hogwarts collection except for the great hall but I believe there is a section behind the potion class room from last year which has a similar shape to the new great hall today I was debating how to add it and it looks like I now know how and if it turns out it is hard to mod then I see many useful pieces among it. Hogsmeade is my favorite by far though it looks amazing and will fit great with my winter village collection. Also, as some one pointed out they can connect to the current Hogwarts actually. If Guyon2002 is to be believed and the people who liked this wave will like the august one then bring it on.:moar:

16 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

I know the figures aren't final - but interesting to note Dean seems to be using a much more accurate reddish brown head instead of the nougat head from the CMF.

Probably just a placeholder... Looks like Finn's head to me :wink:

Can I just say that I like how the Basilisk looks? It reminds me of the older version but cooler and more movie-accurate

2 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

If Guyon2002 is to be believed and the people who liked this wave will like the august one then bring it on.:moar:

Agreed. I've made my peace with there not being any DH sets for the time being, so bring them on, whatever they may be :laugh:

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I was referring to the August wave. I think this wave is pretty decent as far as anniversary stuff goes. Builds aren't anything to write home about (besides that amazing Hogsmeade set) but overall the figures are really good!

Which is as I thought and why I am very sceptical about the direction Lego is going with the theme. I will no doubt get these because I will want the figures if nothing else and buying the sets on discount will work out the same if not cheaper than buying separate figures. But I don't think the best wave to mark an anniversary of a theme is to produce something subpar to the newer builds of the previous couple of years. Let's be honest, these don't resemble the original sets enough to really be considered 'remakes' so they're not really collectable in that way. Nor do they celebrate what a great theme HP had become as coming off the back of the past couple of years and the amazing DA they just look shoddy.

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Probably just a placeholder... Looks like Finn's head to me :wink:

I'm glad you thought it was Finn lurking in the corner there too. :laugh:

:sick:

why LEGO, why!?

if I want the old sets from 20 years ago I can by them online. These sets (besides hogsmeade) are horrible. I know the final products will look better but this will save me a lot of money this year. I really hope next year will be a continuation of the 2018 line and not this mistake. 

I showed the pics to other people that are not into LEGO and they all say the same: Are these old sets? Why would they do that? 

I am a bit scared that this theme arent gonna return to 2018-2020 build quality and accuracy and starts to make cheap looking builds like this. I hope I am wrong...

Wow, it's been a while since there have been sets this divisive!

Really not a huge fan of most of these if I'm being honest.  Hogsmeade is the only one that I'd consider buying.  The rest just feel... out of place in this line.  My best hope is that that's on purpose, and that they're harkening back to the look of classic Lego Harry Potter (sand green roof, big gaps instead of window, etc.) for the celebration of the 25th anniversary.

Well, these are preliminaries after all, so they'll look at least slightly better on release.  I remember thinking the same thing back when the Great Hall was first on display in 2018, and that set ended up being excellent!

Edited by Portal Out

SO i guess this year is all sets consisting of   modular container boxes you can mix and match as you please.  

Hogwarts there already made up of 6 different "cubes"   

Fluffy set   3? cubes

bathroom 1 cube

Hopefully one year of this is enough...............................

9 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

If Guyon2002 is to be believed and the people who liked this wave will like the august one then bring it on.:moar:

That's not what I said though. I like the June wave as well but the August wave? God no. 

1 hour ago, KA1 said:

First pics of the june wave are out

<Snip>

Where?? Where can I find them??

pls help me :D

Honestly if these had been what we got in 2018 I think I would've been very happy with them. To me there is nothing bad about them in their own right - only compared to the standard of this line thus far. The Hogwarts sets have a lot in common with Hogwarts sets pre-2018.

The weird thing now is that this is such an abrupt turn from the line we've been getting. It's a reboot of our reboot in a totally different, less appealing style.

Hogsmeade is awesome though and the bathroom looks like what I expected, which is desirable. If Harry and Ron indeed have Crabbe and Goyle faces and hair pieces as they should, it's a no-brainer great pickup for me.

I'm also wondering why these were said to not be compatible with the previous Hogwarts modules. It looks like they use the same pin connections at the same height to me. :sceptic:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's not what I said though. I like the June wave as well but the August wave? God no. 

I just can't imagine what we are getting in August. 😱