Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Builds are final versions but minifigures arent right? Bcs all minifigures look to have old jumper torso and Dumbledore in Great Hall look like reuse of Clovk Tower Dumbledore. Please someone tell me that these minifigures are just provisional.

2 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

That's a pretty good description of them. 

The Hogwarts sets just don't look good at all. What were Lego thinking? 

For me Hogsmeade is about the only passable one. I know these are just prelims, but for me these just do not look good. I'm no longer surprised that @Guyon2002 said 'You'd be surprised [at how bad it can get]'. The horrible thing is, I don't think he was even meaning this wave but the next one. I dread to think now what is coming in August because I'm afraid these do not feel like the same quality of builds that we have been getting.

Also thank you @KA1 for letting us know the pics are out there. Ironically, they are not yet on #legoleaks.

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

For me Hogsmeade is about the only passable one. I know these are just prelims, but for me these just do not look good. I'm no longer surprised that @Guyon2002 said 'You'd be surprised [at how bad it can get]'. The horrible thing is, I don't think he was even meaning this wave but the next one. I dread to think now what is coming in August because I'm afraid these do not feel like the same quality of builds that we have been getting.

I mean year the new great hall looks like 2018, but the rest of the build can be used for my layout.

I find this baffeling. 

These sets looks like they are made to look nice on the insides (maybe) 

It all look like mocs. but it is certianly a remake of kind:

hall on top of rocks, big tower with balcony.  little tower archway

s-l500.jpg

As an owner and big fan of all the original sets, I absolutely love these, will be getting them all day 1 for sure. Hopefully with nice Potter themed GWP alongside them.

I like what I'm seeing here :sweet: Please keep in mind that these are preliminary pictures, the final ones will look much more polished of course. Interestingly, these are the first prelims we've seen for any sets in the reboot :laugh: Oh, not HP-related, but I love the fact we finally get a minifig-scale Pluto :wub:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Are they using the wand sprue piece for the harp strings? That would be kind of a cool part usage. Or it might be another piece. The tan on tan and bad resolution make it quite hard to discern. I hope the yellow pieces will be recoloured to pearl gold in the final product

I don’t think they look too bad, I’m really glad that Chambers is definitely a decent sized build and that Basilisk is glorious! Very curious what rooms are going to be in the tower. Forbidden Corridor looks pretty meh on the outside but Fluffy is great. I don’t know how it’s supposed to connect to the GH, but I hope it does. Girl’s Bathroom is probably my favorite, the build for the sinks and stalls are absolutely perfect. As for Hogsmeade, I love the dark brown light brown contrast on the Three Broomsticks.

Edited by RODDY

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Take in mind these are not the final products. 

Please tell that Basilisk stays the same

3 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

THEY LOOK DISGUSTING. :pir-sick:

We've never seen prelims for any of the other sets in the reboot, so please wait for finalised pictures before giving your final verdict :wink: Now I remember why I didn't miss prelims all that much

The forbidden corridor kind of looks like it could be the area next to the Bell Towers for me. I’m probably one of the few that thinks these actually look really good.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Take in mind these are not the final products. 

But builds are final right?

Do people not get how prelims work?

Nothing is necessarily final. Most likely the builds will stay pretty close if not exactly the same, but they may change. Minifigures are clearly completely preliminary.

As per our guidelines I had to remove the link.

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Sort of. Colours and prints/stickers may still be off.

Btw, I LOVE that Basilisk, even in the prelim form :wub: Much better than the old one and entire galaxies ahead of that puny thing in the last GH :tongue:

Just now, Brickroll said:

The forbidden corridor kind of looks like it could be the area next to the Bell Towers for me. I’m probably one of the few that thinks these actually look really good.

I think its the area which connect west and east wing of the castle but hard to tell as neither of these new buildings looks very accurate.

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

We've never seen prelims for any of the other sets in the reboot, so please wait for finalised pictures before giving your final verdict :wink: Now I remember why I didn't miss prelims all that much

There were prelims voor the Moments sets. The figures in that weren't final. The builds didn't make much difference, as far as I know.

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

with prelims most things gets refined before final. but overall it'll stay the same.

There seems to be a new tower cone piece?

Its also using the new bay window piece from friends, now in brown!!

Edited by deskp

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Umm 2018 Great Hall says hi... 

Edited by BrickFunatic