Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I choose to remain optimistic regarding the theme of the upcoming sets. I’ve already made peace with the fact that we may be getting nothing of what we were expecting, but apart from that how “bad” can it be? :def_shrug: I mean they could be boring sets like the sock or whatever, but I doubt they’ll suddenly go wack after 3 years of pure gold and giving the fans what they want. Perhaps we’re indeed getting nothing DH or from DA, and instead getting missing sets from the previous movies.

11 minutes ago, Yope said:

Thanks to those who had a go at picking a restricted wishlist.  For anyone interested here are the most common choices in each category:

- DH themed: 7x Gringotts; 2x Battle of Hogwarts, Lovegood House, Tent scene; 1x Ministry of Magic, Malfoy Manor.

- Anniversary set: 3x Durmstrang Ship, Shrieking Shack, Philosophers stone chambers; 1x Gringotts, Gryffindor common room, Dumbledore's office, Snape's classroom, Hogwarts castle (OotP), Troll in bathroom.

- Post 2018 set remake: 4x Quidditch, Hungarian Horntail; 2x Whomping willow, Forbidden forest; 1x Room of requirement, Newt's suitcase, Chamber of Secrets.

- New set: 4x Grimmauld Place; 3x Ministry of Magic, Bell Towers; 2x Gringotts; 1x Gryffindor common room, Second task, HBP battle, Forbidden Forest (PS).

- Buildable model: 4x Fawkes, Niffler; 2x Dobby; 1x Broomstick, Hogwarts Express, Basilisk, Norbert.

- Golden figure: 8x Dumbledore; 2x Sirius; 1x Snape, McGonagall.

A great selection!  Although it sadly seems unlikely that we'll get Gringotts, Durmstrang Ship, Quidditch, Grimmauld Place, Fawkes and a Golden Dumbledore...

If Lego's watching then at least they know what we all want! :classic:

I'm pretty sure we'll get Golden Dumbledore in D2C, just as we got Golden Wu.

18 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

[...] but apart from that how “bad” can it be? :def_shrug:

Don't jinx it :laugh:

14 minutes ago, Legofania said:

I'm pretty sure we'll get Golden Dumbledore in D2C, just as we got Golden Wu.

Wouldn't that imply that the D2C is an anniversary set as well? :wacko:

19 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Perhaps we’re indeed getting nothing DH or from DA, and instead getting missing sets from the previous movies.

Exactly my thoughts. If this means "lower you expectations" then I am nothing but greatful for this years sets.

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Exactly my thoughts. If this means "lower you expectations" then I am nothing but greatful for this years sets.

Just curious, what would be your dream sets for the $120/$250 sets?

46 minutes ago, Yope said:

Thanks to those who had a go at picking a restricted wishlist.  For anyone interested here are the most common choices in each category:

- DH themed: 7x Gringotts; 2x Battle of Hogwarts, Lovegood House, Tent scene; 1x Ministry of Magic, Malfoy Manor.

- Anniversary set: 3x Durmstrang Ship, Shrieking Shack, Philosophers stone chambers; 1x Gringotts, Gryffindor common room, Dumbledore's office, Snape's classroom, Hogwarts castle (OotP), Troll in bathroom.

- Post 2018 set remake: 4x Quidditch, Hungarian Horntail; 2x Whomping willow, Forbidden forest; 1x Room of requirement, Newt's suitcase, Chamber of Secrets.

- New set: 4x Grimmauld Place; 3x Ministry of Magic, Bell Towers; 2x Gringotts; 1x Gryffindor common room, Second task, HBP battle, Forbidden Forest (PS).

- Buildable model: 4x Fawkes, Niffler; 2x Dobby; 1x Broomstick, Hogwarts Express, Basilisk, Norbert.

- Golden figure: 8x Dumbledore; 2x Sirius; 1x Snape, McGonagall.

A great selection!  Although it sadly seems unlikely that we'll get Gringotts, Durmstrang Ship, Quidditch, Grimmauld Place, Fawkes and a Golden Dumbledore...

If Lego's watching then at least they know what we all want! :classic:

Pretty suprised how many people want Durmstrang ship... I think that more interesting would be remake of 2nd task from GoF

14 minutes ago, Modal said:

I would love to get Bell Towers expansion to current Hogwarts line and Gringotts (doesnt have to be DH based) and I dont rly care which of these two would be $250 set as I can see both variants work. Aside from these my dream set is Shrieking Shack or Whomping Willow based on POS but those would work as $70 set.

Edited by Textorix

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

I think we need more Hogwarts, so probably the Bell Towers for the 120, or Grimmauld place sort of in the style of the Sanctum Sanctorum. The 250 set would probably be a DA expansion, but I think a wild card like the Hogwarts Express, a D2C Burrow, or something completely unexpected could be neat too.

27 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I choose to remain optimistic regarding the theme of the upcoming sets. I’ve already made peace with the fact that we may be getting nothing of what we were expecting, but apart from that how “bad” can it be? :def_shrug: I mean they could be boring sets like the sock or whatever, but I doubt they’ll suddenly go wack after 3 years of pure gold and giving the fans what they want. Perhaps we’re indeed getting nothing DH or from DA, and instead getting missing sets from the previous movies.

I agree, there is no reason why the sets should be bad! Maybe not what we expect, but that do not mean bad, it is HP after all :tongue: If the 250$ set turn out to be FB, I would be really surprised especially since it is not coming a film this year, however I would not mind since I am sure the set would be great and the minifigs very useful to get. If the first wave is anniversary and the second FB (or something else), it only means that we will get DH and the DA set next year.
Maybe it is a wizard chess set, we got this once after all:
852293-1.jpg?200803020307

6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

[...] it only means that we will get DH and the DA set next year.

Says who? That's what we all thought would happen this year, and look where we are now :tongue:

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe it is a wizard chess set, we got this once after all:

No offense, but that'd be incredibly lame. I'd rather have a UCS Hogwarts Express than this :snicker:

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Says who? That's what we all thought would happen this year, and look where we are now 

It is not like they never will give us DH sets so unless they have another 20 year excuse we will most likely get them next year, DA expansion sets is of course possible that we never will get however I really hope that is not the case. After all they must fill the set-spots in the coming years and unless they only give us re-releases than DA sets seems like a no-brainer to me :shrug_oh_well:

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

No offense, but that'd be incredibly lame. I'd rather have a UCS Hogwarts Express than this 

None taken, far down my list also I just gave it as an example of a unlikely, but not impossible set we could get :wink:

Edited by Roebuck

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Man people are in for a shock 

Probably a model of scabbers then to go with the Hedwig we already have... 

I guess Azkaban is also potentially on the cards though...

I have a feeling fans will either love or hate these sets. 

3 hours ago, RODDY said:

Lmao, I love it, I’m here for the impending anarchy... at this point I’m morbidly curious of how bad it can get. 

You'd be surprised.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe the set boxes are just filled with live spiders

Wowowow, don't give them any ideas :oh:

3 hours ago, deskp said:

There was meant to be a fantastic beasts film this year,  Maybe lego prepared a D2C set based on one of the prior films before the 3rd film was delayed.

No FB sets this year afaik.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe they're trying something new like Super Mario/Dimensions and they have a technological aspect or are tied to a new video game (and the Diagon Alley thing was a taster).

Edited by BrickFunatic

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You'd be surprised.

So they've filled the boxes with Marmite. 😆 Seriously though, this doesn't sound good. It gives me gimmicky vibes.

4 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Maybe they're trying something new like Super Mario/Dimensions and they have a technological aspect or are tied to a new video game (and the Diagon Alley thing was a taster).

I sincerely hope not. If a wave in an anniversary year can't stick to the good old basics and give us some solid sets that showcase exactly what makes Lego great then I don't know what year can. 

Edited by BacktoBricks

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I have a feeling fans will either love or hate these sets

*Heavy breathing*

Literally the ONLY thing I could (and will) hate are scale sets (if that’s how you can call them?) if they’re that then I’m screwed. If not, I already love them!!

Hedwig, BMOM, brickheadz, wall art... I just don’t care about any of that, at all.

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You'd be surprised.

That sounds ominous *huh* I'm starting to wish this wave didn't exist. This may sound silly, but I'd rather they didn't release anything at all than something this subpar. And don't tell me I don't have to buy it if I don't like it, I'm a completionist :tongue: If I can't justify ignoring 4+ sets for Marvel, SW, and JW, I certainly can't ignore whatever this rubbish will be. Or maybe it's so horrible I have to rethink my creed :laugh_hard:

Or maybe we are being trolled and this is actually going to be the best wave so far :D 

Edited by Textorix

If I had to wager a guess from the info @Guyon2002 has been generous enough to share and from the timing of @Falconfan1414’s recent comment (right after a thread about Gringott’s being the D2C) - we sadly won’t be getting a big beautiful D2C Gringott’s this year. I think this was the biggest assumption and expectation among LEGO Harry Potter fans for the 2021 wave and would, therefore, lead to the biggest disappointment. Maybe LEGO is holding off until 2022 for the big Gringott’s and in the meantime we will get a reimagined little 20th Anniversary Gringott’s mine cart set like the one from 2002:

Edited by sebastian666

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Or maybe we are being trolled and this is actually going to be the best wave so far :D 

I wish I had your optimism :laugh:

Lamenting won't do anything, I know, but it's so sad we're at a point like this. The only theme we thought could do no wrong... Sure, they could improve again after that, but I'm not a "fool me twice" kind of person. Fool me once and it's over :hmpf_bad: 

16 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Hedwig, BMOM, brickheadz, wall art... I just don’t care about any of that, at all.

Unpopular opinion but I am no a big fan of that book of monsters promo set either. People are going crazy with it selling it for like $60 on ebay and I just dont find anything special about it.

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You'd be surprised.

Wowowow, don't give them any ideas :oh:

No FB sets this year afaik.

Well now I’m really curious. If it is Mario-esque, like some have suggested, I’m going to scream like Michael Scott when Toby returns. 

I really hope I am in the “love” category.

22 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

If I had to wager a guess from the info @Guyon2002 has been generous enough to share and from the timing of @Falconfan1414’s recent comment (right after a thread about Gringott’s being the D2C) - we sadly won’t be getting a big beautiful D2C Gringott’s this year.

If that is the case we can speculate what else could we get as $250 set. If its something modular similar to DA or huge recreation of some famous scene I will be happy... if it turns to be some brickbuilt boring statue or creature it will save me $250 :DDD

Edited by Textorix

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, they could improve again after that, but I'm not a "fool me twice" kind of person. Fool me once and it's over :hmpf_bad: 

Says the one who is buying the 4+ sets :grin: I would give them a second chance, even if the wave consists of misformed minidolls and every set is a cross-over like "Harry Potter in Space", "Hermione's petting zoo" or Ron driving a speed champion (something from Ford)

Those hints are giving me anxiety. I could get behind "lowering expectations", which we should always do when it comes to Lego sets, it's way too easy to let the imagination run wild when speculating. But now we are in for a shock (or should I shay, Dobby'sh shock! It'sh confirmed :laugh_hard:). I can't imagine they're shockingly bad, so they must be much different than what we're expecting. And we're not too comfortable with different :tongue: