Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

The big sets are going to be some obscure thing or set that isn’t like a traditional building or scene and we’re all going to be pissed but like “maybe it could be cool?” But no one really wants it.

28CAC8D0-284B-48F7-BAE1-28E99901331E.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Man people are in for a shock 

That sounds foreboding, and not in a good way. Now I‘m even less excited for that wave :sad: Maybe the set boxes are just filled with live spiders

11 minutes ago, Modal said:

@Textorix Trust me, I hope I am too!

I mean I am ready to be suprised ... just not in such a terrible way :D

15 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

God I wish the D2C name would leak to put us out of our misery!

Its getting worse every day... I spam legoleaks on ig almost every hour and all I find is some new music thing theme minifigures :(

Edited by Textorix

29 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It's Cursed Child sets, isn't it? Wouldn't it be hilarious if they skipped Deathly Hallows and went straight into the best Harry Potter canon material out there. They could do child appropriate sets with Scorpius and Albus because they are between 11 and 14 years old again. I mean we already got the trolley witch in the first wave

There was meant to be a fantastic beasts film this year,  Maybe lego prepared a D2C set based on one of the prior films before the 3rd film was delayed.

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

There was meant to be a fantastic beasts film this year,  Maybe lego prepared a D2C set based on one of the prior films before the 3rd film was delayed.

Ah, Jacobs Bakery as a modular building would be nice. But voor the price of 249,- it has to be very, very detailed.. 

If it’s not Gringotts, I am absolutely baffled that LEGO thought Diagon Alley should be released without it’s most prominent building. Is there even a comparison? Hogwarts without the Great Hall? Tatooine without the cantina? Like come on...

The only explanation would be that they see HP surviving like Star Wars and don’t want to do everything too fast. Even then it’s such a bummer for me

Edited by Modal

17 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

It's Cursed Child sets, isn't it? Wouldn't it be hilarious if they skipped Deathly Hallows and went straight into the best Harry Potter canon material out there.

Best canon? You serious? Bc I heard many people say its really incosistent with lore established in previous HP books. Anyways I believe we get just mixed Lego HP wave from multiple movies and not just DH.

Edited by Textorix

The new Vidiyo Sets were officially released and there are some molds that would make PERFECT Harry Potter minifugres with just some color changes. 

Shark Singer -  for the Shark-headed Krum from the 2nd Task.

DJ Cheetah - for the Hermione as Cat in Myrtle's Bathroom

Werewolf Drummer - for Lupin as Werewolf AND they wouldn't need to recolor!

Genie Dancer - would possibly make good merpeople "leg" from the 2nd Task

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

If it’s not Gringotts, I am absolutely baffled that LEGO thought Diagon Alley should be released without it’s most prominent building. Is there even a comparison? Hogwarts without the Great Hall? Tatooine without the cantina? Like come on...

Yeah something like that so even if D2C set turns out to be something else I think we will still get Gringotts in other set this year or next one.

7 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

The new Vidiyo Sets were officially released and there are some molds that would make PERFECT Harry Potter minifugres with just some color changes. 

Some of them could work but If Lego used these in HP theme they would have to change much more than just color. I would like if warewolf Lupin mould (if we get one) was really accurate and not just random wolf head from other theme.

42 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

I think you may be on to something here, although I have some doubts too:

- The shark mould is a good overall shape but the mohican is part of the mould.

- The cat head looks like it would be very close but the hair at the top is very different to Hermione's bushy hair in the film.

- The werewolf head is not very reminiscent of the werewolf in the films which would probably be best in tan.

- The mermaid tail is a definite good shout. 

Just now, Donkeypunch said:

I’m calling it, a D2C golden snitch or Cornish pixie 

I'm wondering whether we get a big nimbus 2000 on plinth with a small Harry and broom on the side.

Expressions like „significantly lowered expectations“ and „shocking“ (slightly paraphrased ofc) are not what I would have expected in the context of a new HP wave :sadnew: Maybe there‘s a positive spin on this I‘m currently not seeing, but any new info we get sounds worse than the one before :distressed:

I mean its obvious that some leakers already know what august sets are so I am curious when Promobricks drops their names and descripction

Edited by Textorix

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You mean it in context of something happening soon or just sets in general?

14 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I mean its clear that some some leakers already know what august sets are so I am curious when Promobricks drops their names and descripction

Maybe it‘s so terrible they just don‘t want to share it to spare us the agony... for now :laugh_hard: 

Seriously though, something‘s up. My memory may not be the best, but I can‘t think of any other set or wave in the last 17 years here on EB I‘ve ever heared leakers describe in such a way. Not even the SW 2021 winter wave, which was one of the most disappointing ones they‘ve ever released (at least to me) :wacko:

I wish our informants were allowed to share what makes these sets so shockingly disappointing without spilling the beans entirely :head_back:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe it‘s so terrible they just don‘t want to share it to spare us the agony... for now :laugh_hard: 

Seriously though, something‘s up. My memory may not be the best, but I can‘t think of any other set or wave in the last 17 years here on EB I‘ve ever heared leakers describe in such a way. Not even the SW 2021 winter wave, which was one of the most disappointing ones they‘ve ever released (at least to me) :wacko:

I wish our informants were allowed to share what makes these sets so shockingly disappointing without spilling the beans entirely :head_back:

It feels like we're going to get the earwax flavoured Bertie Botts Every Flavour Bean this year. :sick:

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You mean it in context of something happening soon or just sets in general?

I think it was regarding our discussion about D2C set...

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, deskp said:

You might actually be onto something... How about an entire wave based on FB? That would definitely be a „shock“ :tongue: I‘ve always advocated for more FB sets, but certainly not at the expense of DH :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

You might actually be onto something... How about an entire wave based on FB? That would definitely be a „shock“ :tongue: I‘ve always advocated for more FB sets, but certainly not at the expense of DH :facepalm:

I dont think Lego will make entire wave of FB sets. First two movies had quite poor performance in theaters and therefore they didnt sell as well as HP sets.

Edited by Textorix

Thanks to those who had a go at picking a restricted wishlist.  For anyone interested here are the most common choices in each category:

- DH themed: 7x Gringotts; 2x Battle of Hogwarts, Lovegood House, Tent scene; 1x Ministry of Magic, Malfoy Manor.

- Anniversary set: 3x Durmstrang Ship, Shrieking Shack, Philosophers stone chambers; 1x Gringotts, Gryffindor common room, Dumbledore's office, Snape's classroom, Hogwarts castle (OotP), Troll in bathroom.

- Post 2018 set remake: 4x Quidditch, Hungarian Horntail; 2x Whomping willow, Forbidden forest; 1x Room of requirement, Newt's suitcase, Chamber of Secrets.

- New set: 4x Grimmauld Place; 3x Ministry of Magic, Bell Towers; 2x Gringotts; 1x Gryffindor common room, Second task, HBP battle, Forbidden Forest (PS).

- Buildable model: 4x Fawkes, Niffler; 2x Dobby; 1x Broomstick, Hogwarts Express, Basilisk, Norbert.

- Golden figure: 8x Dumbledore; 2x Sirius; 1x Snape, McGonagall.

A great selection!  Although it sadly seems unlikely that we'll get Gringotts, Durmstrang Ship, Quidditch, Grimmauld Place, Fawkes and a Golden Dumbledore...

If Lego's watching then at least they know what we all want! :classic: