Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

Oh another new thing for me that Hogsmeade will contain wanted poster of Sirius which basically confirms our theories that its POA based... I mean it was pretty clear from minifigure selection but now I am 100% sure :D

Edited by Textorix

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

This actually is a set I would rather like, it would be a great parts pack for integrating her office into a castle section and the unique colour and style would definitely set it apart from the others. Like Lockheart Umbridge has a different outfit in every scene so she could also be a unique figure (such as a new mould with her hat from her first speech to the school or the knitted overall she wears when she fires Trelawney

I really hope that we get a decent Umbridge's office. Slughorn's was really squashed and I think they really could have done a better job. The office from the 2007 castle is much perfect. I hope that now they print the cat plates instead. The perfume bottles, the pink accessories, ahhhh perfection.  A couple pages ago, someone mentioned that a OOTP Bell tower would be good. I have been on the deathly hallow Bell tower train for a long time, like along time. But now I can only see a OOTP one. A Big court yard for Umbridge to fire someone in, the long gallery, a divination classroom, Umbridge's office, maybe one of the remaining house common rooms. 

I also saw people talking about the minifigure selection for Hogsmead. In my opinion, it's pretty good. Wintery McGonagall ( as someone referred to her earlier) is good as I like her new hair/hat mould and with a new torso-print I would be happy. We have only gotten Dean once before, and I would much rather get a second Dean in a new outfit than the 500th Ron or Hermione. We needed Madam Rosemerta and I am happy we are finally getting her. And to see them include the Flumes just excites me, as this would assume that we will be getting some more obscure world building characters. I think there are quite a few of us who are celebrating the appearance of Sinstra. We could get Vector, or Madam Pince or Grubbly plank. And now we will definitely get the Carrows. 

I like a lot of the alternative reality set lists, the ones that have actual sets that could be made. I'm not so into the never gonna happen lists. I just skip them now.

Remaking the 2018 onward sets is something I'm not really into yet. I can see the train been done as a very detailed version but i don't think I need it. I can see them doing a better whomping willow set with werewolf transformation, I'd buy that. I love updated sets but it seems too early for them to be updating things like Hagrid hut. The last one was really good, I don't see why I would need a new one. There are so many sets from the original run that haven't been updated yet, Lego has so much to work with still, no remakes please.

I still think we are just not getting very much from Deathly Hallows this year so it being 20th anniversary anything goes. Im looking forward to seeing fluffy and the new snake. What new stickers, new elements and new figures we get. Thats what makes me happy in the long run so I'll be happy with the new sets or I'll modify them to make me happy with them. 

In a five day lockdown in  Melbourne so I built the never made Malfoy Manor concept set that was in the old Harry Potter building the magical world book. I'll put a picture up later on when i get a chance to take a photo. 

3 minutes ago, Micmac said:

I like a lot of the alternative reality set lists, the ones that have actual sets that could be made. I'm not so into the never gonna happen lists. I just skip them now.

Remaking the 2018 onward sets is something I'm not really into yet. I can see the train been done as a very detailed version but i don't think I need it. I can see them doing a better whomping willow set with werewolf transformation, I'd buy that. I love updated sets but it seems too early for them to be updating things like Hagrid hut. The last one was really good, I don't see why I would need a new one. There are so many sets from the original run that haven't been updated yet, Lego has so much to work with still, no remakes please.

I still think we are just not getting very much from Deathly Hallows this year so it being 20th anniversary anything goes. Im looking forward to seeing fluffy and the new snake. What new stickers, new elements and new figures we get. Thats what makes me happy in the long run so I'll be happy with the new sets or I'll modify them to make me happy with them. 

In a five day lockdown in  Melbourne so I built the never made Malfoy Manor concept set that was in the old Harry Potter building the magical world book. I'll put a picture up later on when i get a chance to take a photo. 

We are back in Lockdown! Although I am really excited to see your Malfoy Manor.

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

(Adding my best wishes to the list for surgery as well. I'm not sure how to phrase this, but I found hospitalization last year simultaneously boring and lonely as no visitors were permitted. If that's still the case when you go in, the virus being what it is, perhaps we can start a "keep Lego-Freak diverted" thread? :classic:)

Thanks :sweet: That thread already exists though, it’s called “Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion” :laugh_hard: I already check this thread an unhealthy amount of times daily, expect it to get a lot worse then :snicker: Though, by the time it happens, we might already have pictures of the June sets, so I can gawk at them all day long 

42 minutes ago, Jacob Bricks Alot said:

Hey here’s a quick Lego Concept drawing of Professor Sinistra  😊

Nicely done :thumbup: I hope the official version, should we get one, would be similar to yours :classic:

48 minutes ago, Jacob Bricks Alot said:

That looks great, really well done! Although I do have to point out that that's professor Vector, not Sinistra :grin:

I really hope that we'll get a Sirius from Order of the Phoenix sooner or later, it's just unbelievable for me that since 2004 we only got Sirius in his convict appearence

1 hour ago, Jacob Bricks Alot said:

Well done! Love it 

(If they actually release her, I guess she'd reuse Dumbledore hat+ hair combo to save some $$$) 

Edited by Robert8

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well done! Love it 

(If they actually release her, I guess she'd reuse Dumbledore hat+ hair combo to save some $$$) 

That‘d still be leagues above what they would‘ve done 10 ten years ago; give her a red wizard‘s hut and call it a day :laugh: All hail hair/hat combo moulds!

Out of question, do we know what the interior of the grand staircase tower is going to be. I hope for either Dumbledore’s office or the divination classroom at the top. Maybe some moving staircases with paintings on the walls. 

13 hours ago, krimimimi said:

It still feels odd that they haven't included Snape and Draco in this set. The duelling scene was just so iconic, and Draco needs to cast Serpentsortia in order for the whole Parslemouth thing with Harry and Justin to occur.

That complaint aside, I'm pleased to have Professor Sinistra. Aside from Binns (History of Magic), she was the only one of the Professors of the core courses we haven't had yet.

From previous waves, we're also missing random goblins (like Bogrod), suits of armour, statues (like the Marauder's Map statue - I'd like to see Gunhilda of Gorsemoor, the one-eyed, hump-backed Healer whose statue blocks the tunnel to Honeydukes), sleeping Hermione and Ron from the second task, swimming suit Harry and Viktor (plus shark's head),

I'd add Professor Binns to your list of ghosts. As far as the rest of staff, I'd also add Madam Pince and Firenze, and in a perfect world, Professors Vector, Burbage, Babbling, Grubbly-Plank and the Carrows. I'm still hoping for other BNDE (big name Death Eaters :laugh:) like Dolohov and Yaxley and a Snatcher or two like Scabiour. And I'd also like to see Bill and Charlie Weasley in addition to Percy. 

The statues and armor I didn't really consider, but the rest of what you said I really wanted.

I forgot the minifigures related to the second task, because I have these, so I ended up forgetting that it was not part of this most recent collection.

Edited by ZeLuiz08

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It has a partially rocky foundation iirc.

It's the modern ones, just recolored :wink:

Ooh this is really interesting! I wonder if only the Great Hall is built on rock as the other two smaller Hogwarts sets probably won’t have a high enough piece count (and are based off higher-up bits of the castle anyway). In which case integrating a taller Great Hall built on rock into my existing castle should be an interesting challenge! 

Also it’s no wonder the Great Hall is apparently ‘less detailed’ if a chunk of the piece count is devoted to a big rock formation (maybe some BURPs will be used like in UCS Hogwarts). That’s essentially a whole other floor included that wasn’t in the 2018 version! 

Finally does anyone know how many roof pieces are still in production at the moment? I’ve got a soft spot from the big textured green ones from 2010 so imagining a big green staircase tower roof which is as flat as the Astronomy Tower roof makes it feel like a step down :oh:

11 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

Wintery McGonagall

Winterva McGonagall? 

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Finally does anyone know how many roof pieces are still in production at the moment? I’ve got a soft spot from the big textured green ones from 2010 so imagining a big green staircase tower roof which is as flat as the Astronomy Tower roof makes it feel like a step down :oh:

The big one that appeared in the 2011 Hogwarts set twice is still around, the little one that came in 2001 Snape's Classroom and Forbidden Corridor etc hasn't been around since the early 2000s

4 minutes ago, Seaber said:

The big one that appeared in the 2011 Hogwarts set twice is still around, the little one that came in 2001 Snape's Classroom and Forbidden Corridor etc hasn't been around since the early 2000s

Yeah I had got the impression that the smaller roof piece from the early days of Harry Potter was long out of production (I always thought of it as the Quirrell roof piece as when I was a child I ended up getting two copies of that set from the secondary market!).

And its good to know the larger roof pieces are still in production, my concern was that Lego would instead include the cone-shaped roof piece they used on the 2018 Great Hall and the Astronomy Tower. That being said, I actually found it quite easy to swap out the Astronomy Tower's roof for a green one so I'm sure I can always do the same again :grin:

11 hours ago, Jacob Bricks Alot said:

I love your minifigure art! Do you have a flickr or Instagram account I can follow? 

49 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yeah I had got the impression that the smaller roof piece from the early days of Harry Potter was long out of production (I always thought of it as the Quirrell roof piece as when I was a child I ended up getting two copies of that set from the secondary market!).

And its good to know the larger roof pieces are still in production, my concern was that Lego would instead include the cone-shaped roof piece they used on the 2018 Great Hall and the Astronomy Tower. That being said, I actually found it quite easy to swap out the Astronomy Tower's roof for a green one so I'm sure I can always do the same again :grin:

I'm sure about half my Sand Green biomass is from those two pieces :D

Yeah, the half cone piece and the big old roof piece are a similar side, I think they're both eight studs wide, so are easy to swap. I'm not a huge fan of those pieces anymore, but for the sake of nostalgia I'm fine with them for this wave. 

The smaller piece could be recreated near enough with double convex slopes. 

I've got to say I'm looking forward to the bathroom and Chamber of Secrets interiors much more than the exteriors for this wave. 

Voldemort is not very sure why Harry behaves so strangely. It was just sudden that Harry offers his love to his own archenemy. But Harry knows Voldemort never understand the meaning of love.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

4328234F-977E-4C97-9D70-46FC55374E56.jpeg

Edited by DBlegonerd7