Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

49 minutes ago, Modal said:

I know it’s a bit off topic, but I actually have an interview at my local LEGO store today! It’s a side job to help me afloat financially while music takes a hit from COVID, but it would be a ton of fun regardless! 

Will take a peak in the back room to see the August wave ;)

(That’s a joke LEGO please hire me)

Good luck - make good use of the discounts

38 minutes ago, Textorix said:

...Just kidding although I very like some of your ideas Lego wouldnt remake 1st task as it wasnt the most popular set I think.

It wasn't popular because the Hungarian Horntial wasn't that good or accurate, which is exactly why I would want to see it be remade :grin:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wish :laugh_hard: 

I didn't take the August wave in mind at all, I just filled the list with the given requirements :wink:

That’s cheating, you’re disqualified :tongue: So I assume you pretended not to know the contents of the wave while composing the list, meaning some entries on the list might end up being true coincidentally? Because otherwise, you’ve just flat out told us what it won’t be :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That’s cheating, you’re disqualified :tongue: So I assume you pretended not to know the contents of the wave while composing the list, meaning some entries on the list might end up being true coincidentally? Because otherwise, you’ve just flat out told us what it won’t be :laugh:

I just looked at the restrictions set by @Yope and wrote down what I would personally want from a wave with said restrictions. So yes, I completely ignored all future-info I have.

This mentioning of a Gryffindor Common Room is getting me excited. It used to be my most-wanted set but each year it seemed more and more unlikely so I gave up on it. It seems more likely now that they are redoing sets and the Willow (with the dormitory in) will likely be retired soon. 

On 2/10/2021 at 8:35 PM, dysnomia said:

There is also the hare and otter from the room of requirement. That makes 5, like the new ones you mentioned for this year.

Oh, I forgot about those. Good memory!

3 hours ago, Yope said:

Here's a question for those who fancy thinking about it.  What would you choose for the five remaining sets (detailed below) given the following constraints:

76391 - $249.99 (D2C) Gringotts Bank [Deathly Hallows-themed]
76392 - $59.99 Chess Set/Chamber of Winged Keys/Mirror of Erised [with Golden Dumbledore]
76393 - $119.99 12 Grimmauld Place
76394 - $39.99 Buildable Fawkes
76395 - $29.99 Quidditch Match [POA-themed]

Happy Birthday @Falconfan1414 ! :innocent2:

Edited by BrickFunatic

With all lists you posted here, is that “lower your expectation” part? I guess I will get off the boat. :P

However, I enjoy reading the lists anyways!

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

With all lists you posted here, is that “lower your expectation” part? I guess I will get off the boat. :P

However, I enjoy reading the lists anyways!

I’m with you, these lists all sound nice... TOO NICE :head_back: We need to find some middle-ground here, neither this nor the 4+/Minidoll/Duplo night terrors are realistic enough :grin: I can’t offer any suggestions of value though, all I have is stupid metaphors

Oh, regarding the 4+ sets... One child in my family would LOVE those, so I would welcome them (as long as they only contained existing figures/builds etc.).

2 hours ago, Modal said:

I know it’s a bit off topic, but I actually have an interview at my local LEGO store today! It’s a side job to help me afloat financially while music takes a hit from COVID, but it would be a ton of fun regardless! 

Will take a peak in the back room to see the August wave ;)

(That’s a joke LEGO please hire me)

Which store, Arundel? Good luck! 😉

2 hours ago, Modal said:

Good luck to you! :innocent2:

4 hours ago, Yope said:

Here's a question for those who fancy thinking about it.  What would you choose for the five remaining sets (detailed below) given the following constraints:

- only one set can be DH based,

- one set must be an anniversary remake of a old (pre-2018) set inc golden fig,

- one set most be a remake of a 2018 onwards set :sadnew:,

- one set must be a non-minifig scale buildable model

- one set must be a new non-DH scene

Assign your choices to the sets below, I'm interested to see how exciting a wave would be possible given the above constrains. 

76391 - $249.99 (D2C)
76392 - $59.99
76393 - $119.99
76394 - $39.99
76395 - $29.99

Happy Birthday @Falconfan1414!

76391 - $249.99 Gringotts Bank [PS-themed]
76392 - $59.99 Whomping Willow [POA-themed and remake]
76393 - $119.99 Lovegood House [DH-themed obviously]
76394 - $39.99 Buildable Dobby
76395 - $29.99 Dumbledore's Office [with Golden Dumbledore minifig]

16 minutes ago, AlbusTheWhiteMagus said:

76391 - $249.99 Gringotts Bank [PS-themed]
76392 - $59.99 Whomping Willow [POA-themed and remake]
76393 - $119.99 Lovegood House [DH-themed obviously]
76394 - $39.99 Buildable Dobby
76395 - $29.99 Dumbledore's Office [with Golden Dumbledore minifig]

This one is actually pretty interesting, specially whomping willow based on POA is something I havent heard of yet and I think it would be great set except Shrieking Shack to include warewolf Lupin.

23 minutes ago, Textorix said:

This one is actually pretty interesting, specially whomping willow based on POA is something I havent heard of yet and I think it would be great set except Shrieking Shack to include warewolf Lupin.

Yeah I remember when the set list leaked for the 2018 wave and the name Whomping Willow popped up, everybody was expecting a POA set since it was the namesake. So seeing a more detailed Whomping Willow with it being the sole focus of the set would be great, someone on Reddit modified the Lego Bonsai to resemble the Whomping Willow and it was phenomenal. This might be another remake I wouldn’t mind and I always love tree builds. Maybe have it like the Treehouse where you can have the WW naked on with Spring buds. Getting Padfoot and Werewolf Lupin would be great too.

3 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

Why isn’t anyone talking about the most obvious set: The Battle of the Seven Potters Battle Pack, featuring seven identical Harrys and one dead Hedwig. Or, perhaps even more frustrating, seven Harrys wearing the same outfit but each featuring a unique torso with slightly different creases. 

More frustrating: one Harry and one Moody, so you have to buy seven copies of the set to recreate the scene - and then you have seven Moodys

47 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

More frustrating: one Harry and one Moody, so you have to buy seven copies of the set to recreate the scene - and then you have seven Moodys

You can never have too many Moodys though :grin:

Speaking of mood: Here's my contribution to the guessing game, but it's not what I want, it's what I think it could be:

• $250: Too many of you still believe in Gringotts (with the exception of two or three), so my pick is a UCS Hogwarts Express as the buildable model :devil:
  • $60: Remake of Hagrid's hut, but the PS version (technically still a remake of a post-2018 set)
  • $120: Bell Towers, but not based on DH 
  • $40: Snape's classroom as the anniversary set with golden Snape (complete with glow-in-the-dark head of course :tongue:)
  • $30: TARDIS Tent as the DH set 

Expectations sufficiently lowered, I hope :poke:

It’s unlikely, but I think it’s possible that the 250 set could be a D2C burrow. It happened just last year and was very well done, so it would be disappointing, but it could also be done at a higher price point.

5 hours ago, Yope said:

Assign your choices to the sets below, I'm interested to see how exciting a wave would be possible given the above constrains. 

76391 - $249.99 (D2C)
76392 - $59.99
76393 - $119.99
76394 - $39.99
76395 - $29.99

This should be fun!

DH based: 76395 - $29.99 - easiest choice, tent / locket horcrux battle. HRH, patronus doe. It should be interesting to see how they're going to build the manifestation of Ron's fears

buildable creature: 76394 - $39.99 - let's say Fawkes

2018 remake: 76392 - $59.99 - I do like the idea of a better Whomping Willow, so that's my bet as well. We all know it's just about giving us proper werewolf Lupin, regular Lupin (maybe hide a transformation feature inside the tree), Padfoot and improved Wormtail. Maybe give Sirius Moody's hair as it was meant to be. Hermione with zipped jacket before she reveals the Time-turner would be a nice touch

new non DH set: 76393 - $119.99 - Grimmauld Place, it has to happen someday. Will likely reuse (but hopefully not) the Burrow figures of Molly, Arthur and Tonks, Lupin from the above set too. The only real draw would be OotP Sirius, possibly Kreacher and maybe new Crookshanks if we're lucky

anniversary remake: 76391 - $249.99 (D2C) - not possible with the upcoming Forbidden Corridor remake, but whatever: Philosopher's stone challanges - remake of The Chamber of the Winged Keys and The Final Challenge + the rest, inlcuding detachable chessboard and fully moulded Fluffy. Golden figure - Dumbledore

18 hours ago, Yope said:

What would you choose for the five remaining sets (detailed below) given the following constraints:

I love these fun exercises :), My inner Ravenclaw enjoys these kind of puzzles, so this is my list:

Anniversary set: 76391 - $249.99 (D2C) OoTP based Hogwarts castle extension: Bell Towers, Central Tower, Long Gallery and  Owlery tower side-build all together, with Umbridge, Trelawney, & their offices/classrooms, Hufflepuff dormitory, Fred & George setting off fireworks, Filch, Luna, Cho, a Thestral, Madam Pince, Golden Dumbledore.

DH set: 76392 - $59.99 Lovegood’s House Ambush (7 figures including Scabior & Greyback)

2018 remake: 76393 - $119.99 Dragon task remake with all 4 dragons brick-built full scale with a new mould for the Horntail’s head. Figures include Barty Crouch Sr, 3 head-teachers, 4 champions again. Accurate Red Firebolt also.

Model: 76394 - $39.99 Buildable Nifler with Newt figure & Nifler 

New Scene: 76395 - $29.99 Forbidden Forest Encounter (Voldermort, Fang, Firenze etc) 

It’s interesting to see the repeats and choices everyone else makes, the Nifler has become very popular I see, I quite like everyone’s list actually 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Mind if I give it a shot? 

76391: Gringotts UCS thing based on PS but maybe combined with DH stuff like the Great Hall set where it went across books

76392: Buildable Fawkes 

76393: Malfoy Manor escape: Harry double sided disguised face, Ron, Hermione, Narcissus, Lucius, Draco, Belletrix + Dobby (maybe squeeze in a wormtail and Olivander/Luna too)

76394: Chamber of Secrets: Tom Riddle, Harry, Ginny + buildable Basilisk (naturally) and some chamber bits

76395: Remake of 4704 with Harry, Ron + Hermione (maybe with a 4702 add-on bit with Quirrel) and golden Dumbledore 

Probably a bit generous with figures but it is an anniversary wave soo... 

Edited by Ringwraith

76391 - $249.99 (D2C) Gringotts Bank -DH 
76392 - $59.99 Forbidden forest - more movies connected (aragog, voldemort and unicorn etc)
76393 - $119.99 12 Grimmauld Place
76394 - $39.99 Buildable Basilisk 
76395 - $29.99 troll in the bathroom - golden Dumbledore 

Okay so here’s my list. This is not my wishlist, but my (joke) lowering of expectations.

76391 - $249.99 D2C Quidditch Pitch – Build the dramatic scene from the stormy Prisoner of Azkaban Quidditch game. Features sixteen rustic wooden tower stands and comes with Harry Potter (cracked glasses face), Oliver Wood, Cedric Diggory, Michael McManus, four dementors and a black umbrella accessory.

76392 - $59.99 Hagrid’s Hut: The Other Side – Attach to Hagrid’s Hut: Buckbeak’s Rescue to complete the beloved home of everyone’s favourite gamekeeper (product sold separately) and upturn Aragog to recreate the final farewell to Hagrid’s furry friend. Comes with Hagrid, Professor Slughorn and Harry minifigures.

76393 - $119.99 – Hogwarts: The Lower Levels – Take Hogwarts to another level with three brand new modules. Help the House Elves prepare a banquet in the kitchen, find Draco skulking in the Slytherin Common Room and Crabbe and Goyle slumbering in the Slytherin Dormitory. Each module can be attached underneath the Great Hall, Clock Tower and Astronomy Tower (sold separately). Comes with Dobby, two House Elves, Professor Snape, Draco Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, and the Bloody Baron.

76394 - $39.99 Buildable Scabbers – features removable tiles so children can easily play out Scabbers going bold. Comes with Peter Pettigrew minifigure. What child doesn’t want a buildable rodent!

76395 - $29.99 Hogwarts Moments: Umbridge’s Office – A dusky pink cover unfolds to reveal Umbridge's desk, a pink chair, a window in the middle section with pink curtains and large stickers on the inside panels picturing all of her cat photos. Comes with Umbridge, Harry, and Draco Malfoy. Cannot say anything else about the set because after all I Must Not Tell Lies.

Edited by BacktoBricks

On 2/11/2021 at 11:11 PM, RODDY said:

As much as I despise the ideas of remakes, the new Great Hall/Chamber of Secrets probably had the best minifig selection in a HP set thus far.

It still feels odd that they haven't included Snape and Draco in this set. The duelling scene was just so iconic, and Draco needs to cast Serpentsortia in order for the whole Parslemouth thing with Harry and Justin to occur.

That complaint aside, I'm pleased to have Professor Sinistra. Aside from Binns (History of Magic), she was the only one of the Professors of the core courses we haven't had yet.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:52 AM, ZeLuiz08 said:

I did a search of ALL the minifigures that have been released since 2001 and the only characters that haven't been made recently by lego or have been confirmed are Narcissa Malfoy, Neville in the Deathly Hallows outfit, Remus Lupin Wolf, Igor Karkaroff, Death Eater of Order of Phoenix, Troll and Merman.
Characters that should be made now in addition to the ones I mentioned, Kreacher, Mundungus, Aberforth Dumbledore, Madam Pomfrey, Percy, Bill, Helena Revenclaw, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Tonks with pink hair, Sirius with normal clothes, I think only.

NOTE: In 2001 Lego made Peeves, do you believe it could do it now? 

From previous waves, we're also missing random goblins (like Bogrod), suits of armour, statues (like the Marauder's Map statue - I'd like to see Gunhilda of Gorsemoor, the one-eyed, hump-backed Healer whose statue blocks the tunnel to Honeydukes), sleeping Hermione and Ron from the second task, swimming suit Harry and Viktor (plus shark's head),

I'd add Professor Binns to your list of ghosts. As far as the rest of staff, I'd also add Madam Pince and Firenze, and in a perfect world, Professors Vector, Burbage, Babbling, Grubbly-Plank and the Carrows. I'm still hoping for other BNDE (big name Death Eaters :laugh:) like Dolohov and Yaxley and a Snatcher or two like Scabiour. And I'd also like to see Bill and Charlie Weasley in addition to Percy.