Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Jesus, why are y'all still panicking?

At this moment, we literally don't know anything. The sets could be based on DH, or they could be not.

We all know that @Falconfan1414 likes to drop vague information from time to time, but you shouldn't take that as a hint towards DH sets not happening this year.

The thing is, after seeing June leaks people immediately jumped to conclusion that August sets are DH sets - Falcon is just saying that, if you jump to a conclusion like that, you may set yourself for a big disappointment, and it doesn't matter at all if he knows what August sets are or not.

Hearing things like "what if Lego starts making sets for 2 movies per year again, and we get DH sets in 2024" or "DH Part I is one of my favourite movies in the series, shame we won't get sets based on it", like what? Why do people jump to conclusions like thsi with literally ZERO evidence.

5 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I've been having fun adding Wizards from other franchises into my Diagon Alley and have added Gandalf, Saruman, Radagast, Dr. Strange & Wong. Can anyone think of any other franchises that exist in LEGO with Wizards or more to the point specific Wizards from other franchises I might not have thought of? There was also the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz, but not really into adding green faced people to my alley! :-D

Iron Man 3's Mandarin, some figs from Prince of Persia, especially Nizam, some PotC non-pirate characters in old-timey clothes like Gibbs or Henry from the last movie

If someone is a trusted leaker it is only logical to be worried when said trusted leaker says we shouldn't get our hopes up for DH sets. 

I think some people need to realise that the internet isn't real life. I can be upset about Lego Harry Potter in a Lego Harry Potter forum, but that doesn't mean that I'm running around like a headless chicken in real life or worrying that the sky is falling in. Just as some people can have opinions on exclusivity without being bad people. Many people are dealing with problems at this point in time, so coming onto a Lego forum and talking about something as insignificant as Lego is a good distraction. Don't take things so seriously. :pir-wink:

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

I am more obsessed with getting Karkarof minifigure and I would much rather see Black Lake task with one tower and underwater stuff like og one had and minifigs would be Harry, Krum with shark head, mermaid, maybe Hermione or Ron but most importantly Igor Karkarof. That would be dream set from Goblet of Fire I would be happier to see than some ship.

The tower I think is unnecessary, but, wow, I really wanted a new set of the second task, for some reason I love that scene, and I have the original lego of the second task of 2005, and I don't even find his minifigures out of date, changing some heads and hair this is very good, but I wanted more characters from this scene.

47 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

This is exactly why I do want a new Victor Krum - so he can come with a proper face print. :tongue:

yes, but the collection with the same character with different faces will be horrible.

22 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

yes, but the collection with the same character with different faces will be horrible.

I'd BrickLink some more and replace the old ones like I did with Ginny and Bellatrix. :parrot:

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

Oh thank god, it's not just me then :laugh: I never get why people complain about the camping scenes being too long, there's only 20 minutes of screen time between setting the tent up and visit to Godric's Hollow, when things speed up. And it neves gets boring to me because of the tension between the trio,

I agree, I love it. :pir-love: Here's hoping we'll get some awesome sets at some point.

13 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

No reason to stop them improving something just Because it will be different. the people who care enough about those things will buy extra faces.   

Seamus also got a new face.  new color and shape for eyebrows, and no freckles

Looking at the sets that were supposed to be retired this year but aren’t, I am still not gonna be surprised if the €250 set this August is gonna be a new motorized hogwarts express. So we have the three big icons as an d2c: hogwarts castle, diagon alley and hogwarts express. But I do hope it’s gonna be a set based on the DH films. 

Edited by Magnum

3 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Looking at the sets that were supposed to be retired this year but aren’t, I am still not gonna be surprised if the €250 set this August is gonna be a new motorized hogwarts express. So we have the three big icons as an d2c: hogwarts castle, diagon alley and hogwarts express. But I do hope it’s gonna be a set based on the DH films. 

I think you might actually be right.  UCS Motorized Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade Station would make a ton of sense, even if I don't like it.

4 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Interesting. I wouldn't say it's out of the question. I'd probably try and save up my points towards it, but if it came with great figs or side builds I'd probably buy it straight away. :yoda:

Edited by BrickFunatic

It would be interesting if they could somehow create a substructure for the Astronomy Tower.  In my imagination it would incorporate a Potions Classroom with possibly a Snape or Slughorn office & a Slytherin Common Room and give us some other Slytherin students like maybe a couple of the females.

4 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I think you might actually be right.  UCS Motorized Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade Station would make a ton of sense, even if I don't like it.

Not only would I not like it, I'd downright HATE it. This isn't Star Wars, no need to remake everything every 2-3 years :tongue: What next, remakes of the Quidditch set, Hagrid's Hut and the Knight Bus? I definitely agree with the people that want this theme to end in 2022 or so, before it turns into a never-ending cycle of remakes :laugh:

1 hour ago, bluedog1111 said:

I still think that the august set wave will be largely DH based. To me a few things don't add up for the case against it. 

1. Falconfan is reliable but has anyone else said who is reliable said the same thing about the august wave?
2. What on earth could the $250 set be? It can't be Hogsmeade because Hogsmeade is already happening, Grinngotts can't really be just based on the 1st most people would skip it (if it doesn't have the dragon), I highly doubt it could be a microscale expansion so it just seems like something is off.

3. Wouldn't Guyon have some info on it at this point? And wouldn't he have confirmed Falconfan's "leak" if it was true?

I am not saying Falconfan is the new fake leaker of the year but something seems wrong.

I think most of the stuff he's saying is off to be honest. he backed tracked on there not being a D2C batmobile.

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not only would I not like it, I'd downright HATE it. This isn't Star Wars, no need to remake everything every 2-3 years :tongue: What next, remakes of the Quidditch set, Hagrid's Hut and the Knight Bus? I definitely agree with the people that want this theme to end in 2022 or so, before it turns into a never-ending cycle of remakes :laugh:

2022 is way too early, there’s still a ton of material that hasn’t been touched

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

True but the d2c sets have a longer shelve life so from a business point of view it makes sense to have the hogwarts express available for a long time. 

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Sure, but the further we get away from the original waves, the more likely remakes become, making sets based on untouched material more unlikely overall. If they have to decide in 2023 whether they're going to release, let's say the Lovegood's house and a remake of Hagrid's hut, it's not hard to predict which one they'll go for :tongue:

8 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

I think most of the stuff he's saying is off to be honest. he backed tracked on there not being a D2C batmobile.

Falconfan is a very reliable source. The DC D2C set is slated for November, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise that not a lot of details are currently known, even among the leakers.

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah HP theme becoming something like Star Wars is my nightmare as well. I think we could get one more year where we get all missing major movie scenes and some new characters in 3rd CMF and that could be it at least for like 5 years or so.

Edited by Textorix

14 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There is a  2 boys and a cat in a toilet set.  So they could make anything. :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by deskp

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want this to become Star Wars either, but I also don’t want it to end until they’ve really finished doing anything that would be worth doing. I could see it ending reasonably in a handful of years down the road but one year from now makes no sense. The theme is at its peak. Not going anywhere. Also, a large D2C style version of a previous system scale set does not count as a remake, it’s a completely different scale, completely different purpose. But it’s all still only speculation 

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

There is a  2 boys and a cat in a toilet set.  So they could make anything. :pir-huzzah2:

That’s my point, that’s an iconic scene that they hadn’t touched on yet, and there are many many more like it, some great for big sets, some great for small sets. But still a ton of material 

25 minutes ago, Magnum said:

It's a bit of a hefty price point even for a large train, unless it comes with Hogsmeade Station and perhaps thestral carriages (it can't be possible that thestrals stay exclusive to that one CoG set, can it?). I wouldn't mind it but it's a small chance, and Gringotts is definitely of higher priority

2 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

It's a bit of a hefty price point even for a large train, unless it comes with Hogsmeade Station and perhaps thestral carriages (it can't be possible that thestrals stay exclusive to that one CoG set, can it?). I wouldn't mind it but it's a small chance, and Gringotts is definitely of higher priority

I thought they'd put the Thestrals into a OOTP forest set, especially considering they had retired the carriage by then, but they went with Grawp instead. Can't say I'm sorry about that, but I'd be surprised if they didn't use that mould again. It would seem like a waste not to.

Yeah, I really don't think the Harry Potter theme will be discontinued anytime soon.  I'd be surprised if they stop making sets before the Fantastic Beasts series is concluded anyways.  If other media such as Hogwarts Legacy or the HBO Max series is successful and long-lasting enough, LEGO might be encouraged to continue making new sets for a very long time.

A Hogwarts Express D2C set also wouldn't have any potential for interesting minifigs, so hard pass from me on that front as well :sceptic: Of course I'd buy it regardless, being a completionist (sort of), but only begrudgingly :tongue:

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

[...] or the HBO Max series [...]

I think they're denying pretty hard that any such plans currently exist :shrug_oh_well:

I think HP will be around for a while too, with remakes to keep it fresh. It seems timeless for kids.

However I don't think Lego will do another big red steam train while the Disney Train is still available.

Someone mentioned people having other worries. Yes Lego Harry & Mickey are a good distraction from the real world at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

A Hogwarts Express D2C set also wouldn't have any potential for interesting minifigs, so hard pass from me on that front as well :sceptic: Of course I'd buy it regardless, being a completionist (sort of), but only begrudgingly :tongue:

This is essentially my position on the idea of the Hogwarts Express being a D2C.  I definitely wouldn't be as excited for that as I would be for a Gringotts/DA expansion.  The only way I'd be hyped on the minifigure selection would be if they based it off the 19 Years Later Epilogue, but I feel like that would be quite unlikely to happen.