Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Who is that girl then? 

At this rate, the minifigure line-up for the next wave will be

-The guy who passed by Harry in Diagon Alley

-The girl who was standing next to Ron in Hogsmeade

-The guy in the background when Hermione was talking in Hogwarts

I am all in for those suggestions.  I think Harry Potter doesn't have enough background minifigs in sets.  One of my disappointments with DA was how few Wizarding world background players were there.  I didn't need another Hagrid, a random witch or wizard would have been better.  I also wish the castle sets had more 2nd tier students.  I know it's a hopeless dream but I'd love more sets without Harry, Hermione and Ron.  I don't need 15 harrys.

5 minutes ago, Lacdaran said:

I am all in for those suggestions.  I think Harry Potter doesn't have enough background minifigs in sets.  One of my disappointments with DA was how few Wizarding world background players were there.  I didn't need another Hagrid, a random witch or wizard would have been better.  I also wish the castle sets had more 2nd tier students.  I know it's a hopeless dream but I'd love more sets without Harry, Hermione and Ron.  I don't need 15 harrys.

Totally agree.  I'm also sick of Cho variants that really aren't.  Totally different outfit is fine but I really don't need multiple versions of her in slightly different sweaters.  Give me different sweaters or robes with the head of a student we haven't gotten yet please.  I can mix around heads on different bodies but I want different faces & wigs to go along with different outfits.  And while I'm at it I hate those cloth pieces they've given us for skirts, they look horrible.

1 hour ago, girlie-site-boots said:

Your missing my point. 

Kids sets are limited by two factors, children's concentration span and budget. 

Lego know very few people would buy Lego sets at £150+ for kids. That's a big Christmas present in a high percentage of households. 

Adults have unlimited concentration, they'll build a bag and come back to it when they have more time. They have more disposable income than kids and therefore Lego can make sets targeted at the adult market. Which many kids will want but well beyond their budget. 

My idea was that even if they make them targeted for adults the pricing has gone way up and out of hand to be honest.

I read ALL the posts on this topic and I wanted to state my opinion on what is going on.
I agree with the complaint they made about "exclusive" minifigures, for example I just bought that book that comes with Tom Riddle to get Riddle, so now lego goes and makes Tom Riddle on a normal set, same thing as Slughorn in that box that comes with 4 minifigures, it’s very frustrating.

About Hogwarts Moments, I found it absurd to change the pattern of the uniforms to have the coat of arms of the house, I had the legos of 2001 that this happened, at that time that the coat worked well, but now that the uniforms without the coat have been established it is simply a lack of respect for collectors, it goes out of the way that way. And there’s one more thing, the coat of arms doesn’t follow the coat used in black robes, it’s a basic coat of arms based on the 2001 sets. I know there are people justifying the fact that they put on the coat to differentiate the uniforms more, but for me this is not a justification.

I REALLY wanted a lego from the Chamber of Secrets, REALLY. But, creating a set of a part of Hogwarts that has already been made, is very boring, as much as lego is wanting to make the price of the original great room decrease, since she is so concerned, how about she try to lower the price Diagon Alley to make it more accessible?

And another thing, on the green roof, I have legos from 2001 with roofs like that, and I always found it meaningless, is it too much to ask that it follow the established pattern?
First of all, I agree that all the versions that I will cite have in fact been improved, such as Ford Anglia, Minerva Mcgonagall and Fawkes. I think it is very wrong for them to re-release improved versions of the things that have already been done in the last few years, do you want to tell me that Lego couldn't make this better-made version of Mcgonagall in 2018? After a few years I understand to release new versions of things, updated things are always good, but in the same collection and so soon afterwards I find it very wrong.
I agree with what they are saying about re-launching several characters with insignificant changes like Cho, but, I think you can get a good thing out of it, you always have extra uniforms to put on characters that don't come in uniform like the twins Patil, Fred and George, among others.

Speaking of uniforms, what is the problem with lego putting on the complete uniforms? Man, it's such a simple thing that it will satisfy everyone.
Now changing the direction of the conversation a bit, I like them to be back and making legos from the scenes of the first films, I love ALL THE MOVIES, but the first ones are more interesting, there's no way haha. But I think they should do some set of Hagrid and Harry on the bike, camping in the forest and the Gringots, yes.

I'm really excited about the bathroom set, I swear to you it was everything I wanted most in one set, Crabbe and Goyle, Hermione cat and still possibly the Chamber of Secrets sink. Although, I don't like it and don't intend to buy the new great room, I admit that I'm curious how they will make a set of the great room together with the Chamber of Secrets, because of the castle's shape, Imao, for me it doesn't make sense this, only if it is a very small and dull Chamber of Secrets, I think the Chamber of Secrets deserved a set of its own.

3 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Um what is with the yellow skin tone version of the modern Harry design on mini_legogo’s story???

Maybe the golden minifigs have yellow heads, hitting two birds with one stone? :shrug_oh_well: Can‘t wait for yellow-headed Goldemort then :grin:

6 hours ago, Juve said:

My idea was that even if they make them targeted for adults the pricing has gone way up and out of hand to be honest.

If people didn't buy the massive sets, Lego wouldn't keep making them. 

In the 80s lego didn't make huge sets but relatively speaking  the sets weren't cheap.

I don't think the figs will be yellow tone, the Sinistra leak quelled my fear on that. Although the gold figs could be gold versions of the original figures with yellow heads I guess, hopefully not though and it might be tricky to bring back old moulds/do the starry capes.

What versions of the minifigs do people think we'll be getting this year?  My guesses for the Harrys would be:

- Girls bathroom. This is a fairly easy one, Slytherin jumper (or hopefully the robes worn by Malfoy in DA). New faceprint for Harry and Goyle on the reverse

- Fluffy's corridor. Hopefully we get the red jumper from the scene where they go through the trapdoor.

- Hogwarts castle/Chamber of Secrets. I think we'll get a Gryffindor equivalent to Malfoy's Slytherin robes in Diagon Alley.

- Hogsmeade. This'll be either PoA or HBP based on the minifigs included but I suspect PoA as we already have the exact HBP version of Harry from the CMF.  Also the scene in the films when Harry hears about Sirius being his godfather is just Harry (no Ron/Hermione) with Madam Rosmerta/McGonagall so I think that's the version we'll get, with the dark hoodie.

9 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

Luckily this year does seem to be a bit different: there's only one set we know of so far with normal variants of the Harry, Ron and Hermione - the Forbidden Corridor set. I'm also really glad Ron and Hermione don't come in the new Great Hall set too - instead we get two new students in Justin Finch-Fletchly and Colin Creevey! I'm also of the opinion that the Girls' Bathroom contains another two new students if you can fully make Crabbe and Goyle! I'm also really surprised it doesn't seem like there's normal versions of Ron and Hermione in the Hogsmede set. 

Of course with the amazing minifigure selection in the anniversary sets we're probably doomed to getting the full trio in 3/4 of the August wave sets :head_back:

The normal figures won't have yellow skintones. LEGO is smart enough to know that will tick off a large amount of people and thus decrease their sales. 

Why would they even be yellow? That makes no sense from business POV, but also the sets POV.

The only minifgures that aren't standard will be the golden anniversary minifigures. 

It's occurred to me that this is the first time we're getting a main Hogwarts Castle set (~£100) that hasn't included the trio.  The previous 7 instances have all included Harry, Ron and Hermione. 6 have included Dumbledore so he will be tying Ron and Hermione in appearances after this new set.  Draco is next with 5 and Hagrid and Snape both with 3.

I'm pretty pleased about this, as otherwise we likely wouldn't be getting Colin Creevey/Justin Finch Fletchley.

16 minutes ago, Yope said:

It's occurred to me that this is the first time we're getting a main Hogwarts Castle set (~£100) that hasn't included the trio.  The previous 7 instances have all included Harry, Ron and Hermione.

4842 from 2010 didn't include Ron :wink: (which was really annoying actually - he came in Hagrid's Hut instead).

9 minutes ago, Jacob Bricks Alot said:

Anyone seen this image on Instagram?

I‘d advise you to delete this as leaked images aren‘t allowed on EB :wink:

It‘s a larger version of a pic we‘ve seen yesterday. Wait, is that Dean on the very left? :laugh:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘d advise you to delete this as leaked images aren‘t allowed on EB :wink:

It‘s a larger version of a pic we‘ve seen yesterday. Wait, is that Dean on the very left? :laugh:

Okay sorry about that.

I’m not sure 🤔 

48 minutes ago, Jacob Bricks Alot said:

Anyone seen this image on Instagram?

Are these images appearing on Instagram real or just artistic licensing 

Wouldn't Dean Thomas have mid-legs in the Hogsmeade set because he is a 3rd year like Harry, Ron and Hermione? I think that leak is fake. As I said before the torso looks like a photoshopped/recoloured version of the dark green torso from 40410. The face print others mention as new or belonging to Justin Finch-Fletchely, looks to me like a blurred Superman face from the Justice League Party set. What is weird in the photograph is that the printing on Harry is sharper and more defined than the supposedly new torso right beside it which is blurred as hell. Why would an object with a similar distance be this blurry and washed out unless someone applied a filter on it to hide the reuse and recolouring of the parts

Torso: https://brickset.com/minifigs/hol213/bob-cratchit

hol213.png

Superman face print:

70919_alt2.jpg

Edited by Metanoios91

If it is him.. he’s got a black torso and short legs which would mean he’s also in that uniform?

Its rumoured that he is in the Hogsmeade set. But there’s some problems there because in the scenes he appears in he has a hat and a scarf and a sweater but here (if it is him) he has his uniform.

this also could be some kind of DA thing? I really hope this isn’t him so we do get a outfit for him that’s more accurate.

and the image looks a bit little fake