Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

40 minutes ago, Seaber said:

As far as I can tell she appears in PS during the Welcome, Halloween and End of Year Feasts in the outfit you posted. She wears a different one (although not what has been leaked) during the Quidditch match. 

4k-hp1-movie-screencaps.com-13141.jpg?st

Top left corner of the stand. 

I imagine that's the same dress + a cloak.  Trolling through the movie i cant find anything else on her.

Something about that leaked torso feels super familiar, as if I've seen it in a lego game or something before. maybe a different license.  Has any of the people with information confirmed that torso specificaly for her?

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I have literally taken out the hanging rail in my wardrobe and put shelves in to put my sets on instead. I have more HP Lego in my wardrobe than clothes. Even so I am running out of space. :laugh:

That's hilarious! I've got LEGO on basically every flat surface. On top of every bookcase, fridge, TV unit, In and on Display Cabinets. Even our dining table is home to the LEGO Roller Coaster. My problem is I keep seeming to hop onto the themes that never seem to end. I'm super excited about the prospect of a Gringotts for my Diagon Alley, but there is literally not a single surface in my home that can fit the any more than the current Diagon Alley. :laugh: First world problems I guess! 

Just really hoping for a nice complete line up of characters and sets so it can all feel nice and complete and then they can start doing repeats in a different design/style. That would be my ideal scenario.

18 minutes ago, deskp said:

Something about that leaked torso feels super familiar, as if I've seen it in a lego game or something before. maybe a different license.  Has any of the people with information confirmed that torso specificaly for her?

All I was told is that she was in the big Hogwarts set and that she'd use McGonagalls new hair/hat mold from the Moments set. 

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I definitely hope Lockhart is the version from the actual Chamber. But a Dueling Club version would be pretty awesome as well

The orange robes are a surprise.  Lockhart wears gold in the classroom scene with cornish pixies, pale blue at the Duelling Club, green at Quidditch and Salmon pink in the Chamber of secrets.  So the orange most likely represents the classroom/chamber outfit and probably the chamber given the theme of the set.

As far as the longevity of the theme is concerned, I would be happy with just one more year after this. 2022 could fill in the obvious gaps missing from going through the years and a 3rd CMF could ensure we don't miss any Kreachers/Rita Skeeters/Madam Pomfreys/etc.

After that an annual one-off set would be cool I guess but as a collector the prospect of several more years and dozens of new sets/remakes after 2021 stresses me out!  We all only have finite display space.  I could see the theme being parked for a bit and something like LOTR returning alongside the TV show.

30 minutes ago, Yope said:

The orange robes are a surprise.  Lockhart wears gold in the classroom scene with cornish pixies, pale blue at the Duelling Club, green at Quidditch and Salmon pink in the Chamber of secrets.  So the orange most likely represents the classroom/chamber outfit and probably the chamber given the theme of the set.

As far as the longevity of the theme is concerned, I would be happy with just one more year after this. 2022 could fill in the obvious gaps missing from going through the years and a 3rd CMF could ensure we don't miss any Kreachers/Rita Skeeters/Madam Pomfreys/etc.

After that an annual one-off set would be cool I guess but as a collector the prospect of several more years and dozens of new sets/remakes after 2021 stresses me out!  We all only have finite display space.  I could see the theme being parked for a bit and something like LOTR returning alongside the TV show.

I guess as the theme keeps going, you have to decide what it is you are actually collecting,  if its one of each character then its easy enough to sort out what to buy and not dpeending on who/ how many new characters are included,  and just brickinlink the ones that show up in unreasonable sets.

If you collect every set youre screwed :P

I was thinking the same thing, if the HP line keeps going, which I think it will, as HP appeals to both boys and girls more than most other themes that Lego do. 

Adult collectors will become selective in what they buy. I doubt very much that Star Wars or City collectors buy every set. 

3 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

I was thinking the same thing, if the HP line keeps going, which I think it will, as HP appeals to both boys and girls more than most other themes that Lego do. 

Adult collectors will become selective in what they buy. I doubt very much that Star Wars or City collectors buy every set. 

Whilst true, from LEGO's perspective selling less of each set becomes less profitable (see Star Wars) as the demand doesn't quite keep up with the supply.  And from a HP LEGO fan's perspective it's a shame to be forced out of getting the sets you like because you can't afford the increased number of sets or don't have the space.  Plus, with the quantity of City/Star Wars sets released, there is a definite drop off in quality imo.

25 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

Completionists do exist, but it‘s tough :tongue: I try to be as much of a completionist as possible with every theme I collect (HP, LOTR/TH, SW, Marvel, DC, Mario, JW, Ideas, POTC, Toy Story, LEGO movie universe, Overwatch, random licenses), but I draw the line at ludricrously expensive sets I‘ve missed in the past or most convention exclusives. Most of these sets are seriously outdated anyway or have long been replaced by superior remakes.

In terms of HP, I‘ve missed a lot of the pre-2010 stuff because I was a teenager back then with other LEGO themes to spend my allowance on, mainly SW.

By the time the 2010-11 sets came out, I went to university and finally had enough money to afford a complete collection of any given theme (minus the SDCC Voldy, which only had exclusive packaging). I’ve kept them on display for almost 10 years, but eventually ran out of space for them when pictures of the 2020 sets surfaced :shrug_oh_well:

The current iteration I intend to keep complete as well (minus the store event builds, which do not count in my eyes). For that occasion, I’ve recently emptied an entire display case, going from two to three dedicated cases. Theoretically I could now put the 2010-11 stuff on display again, but I don‘t want to, considering this theme could continue for several years :grin:

17 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I for one would be greatly enticed if they include both of those AND Fawkes from the cmf as well. I hope they do, if they have to, they can change the colors and prints a bit so the cmf ones are still unique.

I'd like Fawkes too, but, you know, in pose as he flies. Like HedwigКартинки по запросу "lego harry potter hedwig"

I‘m pretty sure Lego will not stop releasing new sets as long as it keeps selling so well.

As mentioned before, the theme is very appealing to children (both boys & girls) and adults. 

From an economic perspective, I think Lego will just keep „inventing“/ remaking sets until demand drops.

That doesn’t always mean that the quality drops. Just looking at the Great Hall sets since 2001, the look and details have improved with every new set. 

And since the books are still very prominent there will always be kids of a new generation that know the theme but don’t own any of the existing sets and therefore would buy the remakes.

Edited by Axxe90

1 hour ago, deskp said:

I guess as the theme keeps going, you have to decide what it is you are actually collecting,  if its one of each character then its easy enough to sort out what to buy and not dpeending on who/ how many new characters are included,  and just brickinlink the ones that show up in unreasonable sets.

If you collect every set youre screwed :P

Yeah thats exactly what I am doing right now. I have all sets from 2018-2020 but soon after those book sets came out I decided that I just dont need them so I am waiting until the price of all 4 professors will drop a little so I can pick just these minifigures which will save me money and space. If Lego HP starts to do remakes or some sets which I wont find that appealing then I will just grab the minifigs I want from BL.

new fig just leaked, no idea who it is tho (for all I know its not even HP, but im pretty sure it is)

Mr Flume? Looks a nice enough figure, not sure why the short legs though...

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

There is new leak ig. Harry in his uniform and some random wizard with a hat. 

Where can I find those leaks????

Just now, Axxe90 said:

Where can I find those leaks????

#legoleaks on instagram

I just needed to say "thank you" to the people who always seem to know which movies the characters appear in, and how often, and in which outfits. I love that there are very obviously real Potterheads here. :wub: And extra points for the occasional bit of "pedantry" and phenomenal memories (like remembering three of the four founders were printed with the articles that eventually became horcruxes.) You are genuine treasures. :classic:

19 hours ago, Yope said:

It will be a shame if we just get the jumpers and no robes for all the CoS students as  Crabbe/Goyle/Ginny/Colin Creevey/Justin FF are almost exclusively shown with their black robes on top.

Isn't part of the problem the short legs we now have for Firsties and second year students? You'd need a leg print for robes. To the best of my knowledge, none of the minifigure, legs, modified - "legs short" have a print. 

I think we have the same issue as well with the motorcycle (with sidecar) that many of us want for Hagrid. With the short legs the minifig now has, he would no longer fit properly on the motorcycle. 

2 hours ago, chris6507 said:

there is literally not a single surface in my home that can fit the any more than the current Diagon Alley. 

That's part of what I like about the Moments classrooms, they tuck away very neatly. I didn't expect to like them as much as I do, but that's a feature that comes in very handy. If they continue the series, I'd love to see more of them, and the Adventskalender. They can do the AC forever and I'd keep buying them. 

3 minutes ago, Yope said:

Mr Flume? Looks a nice enough figure, not sure why the short legs though...

That's not Mr Flume. He's pretty tall with a grey beanie. 

3 minutes ago, Yope said:

#legoleaks on instagram

Not sure if I‘m stupid but when I enter #legoleaks in hashtag lookup I see nothing about harry potter, just a bunch of lego super mario, star wars, ... 

can you tell me how posted it so I can look for that persons‘ ig account??

It has red hat hair combo but the torso and face doesnt look like anything from HP. Could it be parts from other minifigs combined? Bcs if this is legit minifig from one of leaked sets I dont really know who could it be.

On the topic of the leak yesterday with the torso for Professor Sinistra: I found a pic at the Harry Potter Fandom, where that specific torso is, but it looks like is from Professor Silvanus Kettleburn, which I don't even think was in the movies. 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor silvanus staartjes

Edited by mark1991t
fandom instead of wiki

7 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

can you tell me how posted it so I can look for that persons‘ ig account??

try lumos_brix

Edited by Textorix