Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, kirkwoodproductions said:

sorry just realised that reads bad. new torso of a pink cardigan, looks similar to this but wasn't as patterned. The head was the one introduced for Helga and reused already for Molly. Hair piece I think was Hermione's yule ball bun.

Ah okay I see. Hopefully the photo will pop up again. Not personally a fan of that face as one side has always looked rather sinister to me, almost like an evil smirk. Certainly has never felt right for the gentle Helga or Molly. Anyone else agree?

32 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

The head was the one introduced for Helga and reused already for Molly

Really? :laugh:  LEGO be like: *picks reused head *swaps hairpiece “nEw ChArAcTer!”

Thankfully she is one of those welcome inclusions, hopefully the same does not apply to Rosmerta :wink: 

I'm more than willing to sacrifice new face prints for minor characters like Mrs Flume if this means new prints for more important characters :laugh:

1 hour ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Another leak. Mrs Flume from Honeydukes. Nice new torso, but annoyingly reuses Helga Hufflepuff's / Molly Weasley's head - so that's now 3 HP minifigures who must all be secret identical triplets (wouldn't surprise me if JK's twitter confirms this somewhere down the line)

--

ooh and now it's gone again. blink and you miss it. should've screenshotted it.

Where did you see it? On insta? Are you sure it wasn't just a hoax like Phoebe's torso, Helga Hufflepuffs head in a blurry pic?

1 hour ago, deskp said:

What the heck is this figure.  Why does she look nothing like the movie?

If anyone has any reference for any other outfit for her please share...

screenshot.png

It's the same question I asked myself.  Apparently she is bought in other movies, probably in one of them she has the minifigure outfit.  I didn't find any images on google ...

I assume it'll be something similar to the lilac colored Lockehart where they were given a piece of concept art/promotional image with her figure's costume.

Whether or not that's what she ACTUALLY wore.

It could be that the Torso isn't the one for this figure, I remember it happening before where the leaked figure used a torso from a different figure.

She is just in one movie

Actually, she has like 3 seconds of screen time in that one movie

I'm not sure if that leak is genuine, and I kind of hope it isn't as I think it's a bit of a waste making a figure for a character who you see once on screen who never gets a line of dialogue.

I had this same issue with Florean Fortescue in the Diagon Alley set. I'd much prefer getting figures such as: Madam Pomfrey, Tom the barkeeper, Katie Bell or one of the many other characters who gets actual screen time in the films.

Yeah, the torso doesn't look like it belongs to Sinistra.

The print looks more like robes over a vest over a shirt. I get the feeling this the Lockhart torso.

Edited by strangely

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

She is just in one movie

Actually, she has like 3 seconds of screen time in that one movie

She supposedly has a part in Deathly Hallows Part 2. At around 41 minutes in to the film, as the students and teachers leave the Great Hall, there's an actress who bears a striking similarity to the unknown actress who plays Sinistra in Philosopher's Stone. It's a blink and you'll miss it cameo, but I've no doubt it's meant to be Sinistra. She appears more in the books though, namely as one of the teachers who helps carry away the petrified Justin. Her appearance in this set with Justin then just shows how deep into the books we are getting now which is just great from a fan perspective.

She also dances with Mad Eye at the Yule Ball in the books so now he can have a partner on the dance floor. :classic:

44 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'm not sure if that leak is genuine, and I kind of hope it isn't as I think it's a bit of a waste making a figure for a character who you see once on screen who never gets a line of dialogue.

Regardless of wether or not this figure is real she's in the set.

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I had this same issue with Florean Fortescue in the Diagon Alley set. I'd much prefer getting figures such as: Madam Pomfrey, Tom the barkeeper, Katie Bell or one of the many other characters who gets actual screen time in the films.

Florean is the reason why I believe this is real

She is just as irrelevant as him, but at least we get another member of Hogwarts staff

I personally have no problem getting very minor characters as minifigures.  I think they fit well with the sets LEGO includes them in, and complement the increased attention to detail that has been demonstrated with this theme since the 2018 relaunch started. There should be plenty of opportunities in the future to get more prominent characters/variants, as all signs point towards this theme lasting for years to come.  LEGO clearly has a great deal of faith in the license, considering the sheer number of sets, CMF series, D2Cs, and even advent calendars we've gotten since 2018.  If LEGO is releasing all these obscure characters now,  then they are practically guaranteed to eventually release more notable characters later on, unless the theme somehow starts doing poorly and gets cut short (which seems rather unlikely).  Spacing out desirable characters/variants should also help demand for sets in the long-term more efficiently than the front-loaded approach of releasing every wanted minifigure immediately would provide.  LEGO is clearly playing the long game with this relaunch, and this gives them the opportunity to be far more thorough with included characters and details than ever before.  The only downside is having to wait, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Edited by spiderfan2000

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I completely agree. Extra Hogwarts staff and even random generic witches and wizards can be cool, but let's get more important characters first. Percy Weasley would fit perfectly in a CoS-themed Hogwarts set and is much more important than a "blink and you miss them" professor.

I am all for getting minor characters, as long as they are actually accurate. Otherwise they are really just making generic witches and wizards really

17 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I completely agree. Extra Hogwarts staff and even random generic witches and wizards can be cool, but let's get more important characters first. Percy Weasley would fit perfectly in a CoS-themed Hogwarts set and is much more important than a "blink and you miss them" professor.

I think Percy is better made for a set which he can have a more unique to him torso, Otherwise he is just another redhead in a robe.

4 hours ago, strangely said:

Yeah, the torso doesn't look like it belongs to Sinistra.

The print looks more like robes over a vest over a shirt. I get the feeling this the Lockhart torso.

Appears to have the female waist though?   And I dont recall ever seeing lockhart in a brown vest.

13 minutes ago, deskp said:

I think Percy is better made for a set which he can have a more unique to him torso, Otherwise he is just another redhead in a robe.

A specific robe with Prefect badge would be neat and useful for lots of customs, not just another robe. However he really might be better in a CMF if that'd be the way he gets a unique hat-hair piece.

Well I had plenty of catching up to do today. I won't bother trying to make these flow into each other since this is already too long. 

1. While it would be disappointing for LEGO to release less than 5 DH sets I wouldn't put it past them since they did only release 4.25 sets for OOTP/HBP. However since we're already getting a wave for older films  this seems unlikely.

2. Kids would be interested in a tent set. I know because it's something I always wanted as a kid. At the time I imagined a simple fabric tent like the one in the Indiana Jones sets but now I think we could get something similar to the Tardis from the doctor who ideas set. Maybe LEGO would skip making the main tent in favor of a burrow tent as an excuse for anotter party themed set but I hope they don't. Making a DH1 line without the main tent would be like making a doctor who line without the aforementioned Tardis. 

3. I'm in favor of a large DH castle set to round out the current castle system. It would be great if we got the remaining dormitories (just having Griffindor would have been fine but also having Ravenclaw makes the exclusion of the other two a bit odd) and if LEGO really wants to please me they'll throw in a Zabini figure and a small representation of the DH room of requirement.

4. Hogsmeade figures. I'm usually in favor of adding Ron/Hermionie figures (especially if they're from year 3+) but I think the shop owners are necessary inclusions for play. If kids want to act out a shopping scenario they need to be able to have someone to buy things from. Something I haven't seen discussed yet is Harry's invisibility cloak (which I assume will be included). A repeat of the CMF one? Something new? Either way I'm sure it will look nice but become frayed with any amount of handling. 

5. The leaked figure isn't anything interesting, it looks exactly how I expected. I've really missed getting obscure Hogwarts characters since all of the sets became based around including characters we already had in new dresses though so I'm glad we're getting her. The only interesting thing about the leaked figure itself though is imagining what this forum would be like of some people got their way and we had to guess the sets based on the leaked figures. 

I'm glad they are trying to include some more obscure characters with some of the sets.  I need more people to populate Diagon Alley so the obscure Teachers & Shop Keepers can be used for that along with some of my extra CMF's rebuilt to seem like different characters.  I'm also impatiently waiting for the rest of the Weasley family.  I'd love a non-prisoner version of Sirius so I hope we get one at some point, if not I'll try to put together something with a more regular torso.  Since I have extras of the CMF's & multiples of the Student Pack at least I can create some more generic students.  I also got some extra red head wigs so theoretically I could try to create my own missing Weasleys as well as Gryffindor versions of Fred & George for now.  The more I imagine what these sets are going to look like the more I can't wait to see them revealed. 

What i still don't get why the numbers with the prices from the "second" wave 76391-76395 are so weird sorted. Normally with higher setnummer the price is higher inside a wave. Last year hedwig was an exception.

Edited by Jinzol

As a huge lego HP fan I am so happy for these new sets and I cant wait to get them but at the same time I hope this theme will not go forever like Star Wars. I wish that we get like one more year of this theme and then it will end at least for few years. I dont want it to be next Star Wars where they start to do remakes over and over. Idk if that makes sense for you guys but this theme is something special and it would be a shame if it became generic and repetetive. Also my bugdet and mainly my free space will not handle new sets if this will go for like 5 more years :DDD

14 minutes ago, Textorix said:

As a huge lego HP fan I am so happy for these new sets and I cant wait to get them but at the same time I hope this theme will not go forever like Star Wars. I wish that we get like one more year of this theme and then it will end at least for few years. I dont want it to be next Star Wars where they start to do remakes over and over. Idk if that makes sense for you guys but this theme is something special and it would be a shame if it became generic and repetetive. Also my bugdet and mainly my free space will not handle new sets if this will go for like 5 more years :DDD

I 100% agree with you. I would like to get all the main characters, locations etc and then be done. If it doesn't... we are all going to run out of space! Rofl.

Who knows what Lego will do. When Lego reintroduced Harry Potter in 2018 there were lots of moans from the AFOL community. They wanted something new, not repeats, why HP, give us something new and original. 

Many seem to miss that HP is aimed at children. Children who grow up and into HP. The 7 or 8 year old who wants the new Hogwarts sets would only have been 4 or 5, so too young really, when the existing line started in 2018.

I'd like to know what percentage of HP sets are bought for adults vs children.

Edited by girlie-site-boots

13 hours ago, deskp said:

What the heck is this figure.  Why does she look nothing like the movie?

If anyone has any reference for any other outfit for her please share...

screenshot.png

As far as I can tell she appears in PS during the Welcome, Halloween and End of Year Feasts in the outfit you posted. She wears a different one (although not what has been leaked) during the Quidditch match. 

4k-hp1-movie-screencaps.com-13141.jpg?st

Top left corner of the stand. 

55 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I 100% agree with you. I would like to get all the main characters, locations etc and then be done. If it doesn't... we are all going to run out of space! Rofl.

I have literally taken out the hanging rail in my wardrobe and put shelves in to put my sets on instead. I have more HP Lego in my wardrobe than clothes. Even so I am running out of space. :laugh: