Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, girlie-site-boots said:

I hope your wrong. I think would be daft of Lego not to carry on the existing modulars. Parents aren't likey to encourage kids to start collecting doubles / similar too what they already have. But another modular that goes with the existing sets is a good Christmas / Birthday idea.

A question for those who follow Star Wars when Lego did the Anniversary sets were they basically releases of 20 year old sets?

Some of the 20th Anniversary Star Wars sets were modern interpretations of sets that were featured in the 1999 wave, such as the Podracer and Snowspeeder. They weren’t just re-releasing the same set from twenty years past. And I would assume the same with these HP sets, sure they might be using green roofs as an homage to the original, just like Snape with the purple in his robes but these sets will be a modern take. 

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Hi, welcome to Eurobricks!  Yes, it's a reliable source.  :sweet:

Count me in for Hogsmeade, I'll pass on the rest unless I win the Daily Prophet Grand Galleon Draw.

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Jinzol said:

The wolf headpiece got a new print for Vidiyo. I probably take that for Lupin :)

Yeah, that piece is almost perfect. Let’s hope it’s not rare!

Long time lurker and first time poster here! I have a feeling we are definitely getting a Gringotts expansion and something Durmstrang. The new dragon head molds for ninjago look suspiciously like the Ukranian Iron Belly, and Vidyo just leaked a checklist that shows a shark head. Hoping for a shark head Krum. Not guarantees but just interesting. 

I like that the green roofs are back for these sets, it's a great reference to the original theme and I'm on board for that.

It's interesting that these 3 Hogwarts sets can combine and don't mix with the previous extensions. It makes me wonder if the exterior of these sets will match the exterior of the early Hogwarts castle. If that's the case, I'm okay with this being a separate modular Hogwarts from the other Hogwarts parts we've received. Hogwarts has definitely gone through a lot of changes, having a model matching the original movie model is actually pretty cool to me.

Once again, I'm hoping they take this opportunity to fix some of the uniform variation issues. Getting the remaining robe variants would be great. But I'm also hoping they finally correct the lack of skirts for female students. They could easily give Hermione a gray version of the trolls skirt piece in these sets. Last year it annoyed me that they had no problem doing skirt printing for all those party dress variations, but for a standard Hogwarts uniform it still hasn't happened.

55 minutes ago, strangely said:

Once again, I'm hoping they take this opportunity to fix some of the uniform variation issues. Getting the remaining robe variants would be great. But I'm also hoping they finally correct the lack of skirts for female students. They could easily give Hermione a gray version of the trolls skirt piece in these sets. Last year it annoyed me that they had no problem doing skirt printing for all those party dress variations, but for a standard Hogwarts uniform it still hasn't happened.

Definitely agree on using the trolls skirt piece more. Praying the Fluffy set comes with these 3 variants. Perfect chance again to use a grey skirt piece for Hermione with some white legs.

859aaa5ecc699210749a649f5af362a3.jpg

I really hope that if the $250 set is Gringotts then the set just includes the bank and the dragon, and not any other shops, but I could see a Leaky Cauldron on the side, depending on the piece count.

Also, I'm "Team Durmstrang Ship" for the $120 slot.  I have no interest in such a set, but all evidence points to it happening sooner rather than later:

-There are already three known castle-related sets this year, so an enormous Battle of Hogwarts wouldn't make that much sense.  I think something like a $40 Courtyard Duel would be much more likely.
-There is a Karkaroff-esque head on the Daily Prophet Photographer minifigure
-There was a mini model of the ship in the Advent Calendar
-it's the one few remaining sets that hasn't been remade, and it still commands a high price on eBay

I'd actually much prefer a $120 Shrieking Shack, but that just isn't going to happen...

Is it possible we could get some sort of bridge for one of the smaller sets? It’s pretty important in the movies.

16 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Praying the Fluffy set comes with these 3 variants. Perfect chance again to use a grey skirt piece for Hermione with some white legs.

Agreed :classic: So far, they've done a really good job with giving the characters scene-appropriate clothing, so I hope that continues with the anniversary sets too, despite some throwback-induced inaccuracies :laugh:

And using the Trolls skirt piece is a neat idea! It's luckily not exclusive to that theme anymore, thanks to Ninjago City Gardens where it was repurposed for some flower pots 

20 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I really hope that if the $250 set is Gringotts then the set just includes the bank and the dragon, and not any other shops, but I could see a Leaky Cauldron on the side, depending on the piece count.

Also, I'm "Team Durmstrang Ship" for the $120 slot.  I have no interest in such a set, but all evidence points to it happening sooner rather than later:

-There are already three known castle-related sets this year, so an enormous Battle of Hogwarts wouldn't make that much sense.  I think something like a $40 Courtyard Duel would be much more likely.
-it's the one few remaining sets that hasn't been remade, and it still commands a high price on eBay

I'd actually much prefer a $120 Shrieking Shack, but that just isn't going to happen...

Maybe the $120 set would be the Lovegood House, it would be wonderful. Just a thought. Greetings everyone!

35591850311_047fb84577.jpg

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Is it possible we could get some sort of bridge for one of the smaller sets? It’s pretty important in the movies.

It's always a possibility, but we have no idea as of now.

I am disappointed with the June set wave but may still buy it when it goes on sale. The only one I have interest in really is Hogsmeade. I hope that down the road there are more Hogsmeade sets because only 2 shops just doesn't come close to being a nice display. I really have no interest in a Durmstrang ship to me it would seem like a useless set filling one of the 3 most expensive slots. I know there is a tiny chance of this happening but I really hope that the $250 set is a d2c battle of Hogwarts because (IMO) it is among if not the most iconic part of the books Gringotts for $250 would be ok and though I know it won't happen I wish the $250 set could be a Hogsmeade expansion. If the Durmstrang ship is included in place of the battle of Hogwarts or Gringotts that would be horrible. I would be happy enough if the battle of Hogwarts took the $120 slot if it could cover all the most important parts and include the bell towers and the bridge and then Gringotts was huge with a dragon and carts and everything else. Just please Lego if you read this, no Durmstrang ship or microscale anything!

Last year we only got 2 detour sets and this year it has been bumped up to 9 in total (as of this moment at least). I don't think we need more sets based on past films this year, just go all out on DH in August.

Heyhey, first time writing here after following the discussion for months.

I am super looking foward for the new sets, although I‘m a bit disappointed that the new big Hogwartsset includes the Great Hall again... I personally would have prefered if most of these 1.1 k parts were used for the CoS itself... but let’s see what they come up with.
Also curious to see how the toilette and forbidden corridor will connect to the set since the hall (and stair case tower?) will be on an elevated level.

Another thing I was thinking about: In the promobricks video, the guy says that there are „at least“ 4 anniversary sets, so maybe there will be more in the second wave too? I was surprised that there will be golden minifigs of our trio, but also Voldemort. So why not also include one of Dumbledore (and Hagrid?).

Anyways, cant wait to see the first pics 😬

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Very well put. I personally don’t have much interest in a $120 Durmstrang ship either (though the minifig selection could be great), but as @RogueTwo outlined above - this is where it looks like all signs are pointing right now. I’d also much rather have a $120 Shrieking Shack (or Malfoy Manor or Ministry of Magic or Hogwarts Bell Towers). I guess we will find out soon enough.

2 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

I am disappointed with the June set wave but may still buy it when it goes on sale.

Wait, are the Anniversary sets launching in June?  I assumed they were all August (at least in the United States), but I would gladly be wrong, if anyone could please clarify.  :classic:

Many good points have already been made here. Personally the whole Anniversary line sounds a bit weird, but the Hogsmeade set is the most incongruous of all. It sounds great - I just don't understand why it in particular is part of the Anniversary line per se since it's not a remake of something released for the first two films.

Part of me hopes despite the three Hogwarts-related Anniversary sets that there is a proper Hogwarts set for the DH range to "round out" the Hogwarts collection that's been going since 2018. Then again, there's a lot of non-Hogwarts DH material that could be made, so I also hope that DH is done justice and spots aren't given away to things from other films. If we somehow end up getting at least Aberforth, Yaxley, Scabior, and Xenophilius, I'll be happy. More Death Eaters like the Carrows would be even better.

Not really surprised by the lack of DH sets, not a lot of the set potential from both films. Either too obscure and wouldn’t sell (Malfoy Manor, Godric’s Hollow, Lovegood home) or just flat out boring, I really don’t need another tent set. The only two sets that would do well would be Courtyard Duel/ 2011 FF remake and Gringott’s, the later isn’t even an exclusive DH set.

Lego have been following the formula of having one beast centric set per wave with Aragog, Hungarian Horntail, Grawp, and now Fluffy. The same can be said about the vehicles with the Hogwarts Express, Knight Bus, Beauxbaton’s Carriage and Ford Anglia so I can definitely see Dumstrang Ship. I’ll gladly take a Dumstrang Ship and Second Task to round off GOF. 

Being the 20th anniversary, I do hope we get one set from HBP and OoTP so every film gets represented. Ideally the $60 set would be Ministry of Magic and $30 would be Inferi Cave. 

My guesses would be for August would be:

$250 - Gringott’s/DA extension

$120 - Dumstrang Ship/ Second Task

$60 - Ministry of Magic

$40 - Courtyard Duel or 2011 FF remake

$30 - Inferi Cave 

Edited by RODDY

For some reason the anniversary Hogwarts set excites me and it’s not only because of the chamber of secrets, I like to think they’re going for something considerably different (besides the roof) and I’m eager to see what they’ll do with the tower this time around.

I’m really okay with the sand green roofs, the only “nostalgic” bit I don’t want them to bring back are the wall gaps because now that would really screw things up. 

My predictions are it will have the dueling club in the great hall, and a different perspective, probably like the 2010 Hogwarts. And hopefully, a proper Dumbledore’s office as the only room in the tower.

19 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Lovegood home

Did anyone else think the Lovegood house was a windmill and it turns out it’s just kinda a funny shaped stony tower? Or just me being a fake fan? :wink:

Edited by sammy_zammy

I’m feeling a bridge/courtyard for a possible hogwarts extension. 

Picture this 

£30 bridge. Neville and Scabior and another death eater 

£40 courtyard duel. Harry, Voldemort  perhaps a few dementors, statues and Kingsley and abaforth