Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

My current prediction is that the Advent Calendar versions of Ron and Hermione will be based on the Hogwarts Express scene from the Sorcerer's Stone.  It would fit with the variant of Harry that's being included.  

For the remaining unidentified sets, I'm thinking that three will be from Deathly Hallows Part 1, and two will be based on Part 2.

For Part 1, the Tent, possibly with a small lake build, would be fun to get at the $29.99, especially if it includes the doe patronus.   Alternatively, the motorbike chase would have good play value as a set, provide a chance at getting a post-GoF masked Death Eater, and would be an easy way to include Hagrid and (non-gold) Voldemort this year, neither of whom have been in a non-D2C set since 2019.  The Ministry of Magic would be a fun medium set at $59.99 that could feature a good variety of characters, and it's a prominent location that's never been done before. Alternatively, the Wedding Tent would go well with the Burrow we just got, and would feature unique minifigures.  I believe that Malfoy Manor has a good chance of being the $119.99 set, and again could feature plenty of new minifigures.

For Part 2, because we're already getting a big Hogwarts Castle this year in the anniversary line, I'm not expecting a large Battle of Hogwarts build.  I'm predicting/hoping that we get some sort of army builder-esque set at the $39.99 price point with the essentials for filling out armies to compliment the existing Hogwarts builds (Knight statues, Death Eaters, brick-built giant, perhaps an Acromantula),with perhaps a modular castle wall or something.  I suspect that Gringotts will be the $249.99 set, as I would be shocked if it wasn't released this year, and that price point would probably do it the most justice.  Perhaps they could even throw in an extra shop.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what they go with for the rest of the sets for the year.  At this point, the theme looks to have a very promising future.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Take it with a grain of salt for now but I've heard they will just have Slytherin jumpers instead of the robes they're supposed to have.

Thats a bit disappointing, I can see why there was so much talk of getting them in the cfm this year as they would have been done right. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Take it with a grain of salt for now but I've heard they will just have Slytherin jumpers instead of the robes they're supposed to have.

That is a real shame, Lego did make the piece for robes in DA. It has the big fat collar/tie  to fit with the scale of the shield torsos from the book sets.

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Diagon-Alley-75978-27.

Edited by deskp

Having the trio in the AC from the Hogwarts Express would be good, it'd be nice to see the unhoused Hogwarts robes on Hermione, and maybe a nice way of getting more sweets that will go with Honeydukes. 

harry-potter1-disneyscreencaps.com-4548.

And the Fluffy set with the correct torsos too. 

harry-potter1-disneyscreencaps.com-15272

Edited by Seaber

3 hours ago, girlie-site-boots said:

I think a lot of people will try to modify the new sets to work with the current modular series. 

But then you wonder will they ever realise a Chamber of Secrets to fit under the current great hall. Which would be better for kids. 

Looking at the crazy prices those original sets are at on Ebay I can see why Lego decided to get in on the action. It also takes the wind out the sails of people who buy for 'investment' purposes.

The problem with creating a new chamber of secrets to fit under the old great hall is that they’d then have to lift all the other parts somehow. Although that could also be great as it would give the castle more perspective and allow for other  sets to exploit the dungeon sub-level (notably a slytherin common room)

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Penelope Clearwater was she in the film? If Hermione is not included she want be either, maybe in a future set :shrug_oh_well:

Penelope Clearwater is in the Chamber of Secrets film (Nearly Headless Nick greets her and Percy outside the Great Hall) but she never has a line even in the deleted scenes, doesn't get petrified, and to my knowledge doesn't even have a shot of her face 

9 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Penelope Clearwater is in the Chamber of Secrets film (Nearly Headless Nick greets her and Percy outside the Great Hall) but she never has a line even in the deleted scenes, doesn't get petrified, and to my knowledge doesn't even have a shot of her face 

Oh yeah I totally forgot he does say "Miss Clearwater."

But yeah she doesn't really appear. It's interesting on a reread of the book, Percy is really meant to be a false lead as he keeps cropping up: he finds Ron and the gang coming out of the girls bathroom and tells him off, he bumbs into Draco, 'Crabbe' and 'Goyle'. Wish the film had just a little more of him in it.

I don’t think there’s room for a Durmstrang Ship this year after all. For August, I would speculate that the $250 set is Gringotts/DA expansion (whatever that might entail). And I would hope the $120 set is a Battle of Hogwarts set

Well I'm dead chuffed about Myrtle's lav. (Even without Myrtle... :laugh:) Wish we were seeing a troll in the lav from PS, but the girls' lavatory makes more sense as a location. It appears more often, including HBP and DH. (Now I need a thoroughly bloodied Draco, and an earnest rescuing Snape.) 

16 hours ago, RODDY said:

I just realized that Colin Creevy is the COS and I’m through the roof! He’s probably my favorite minor character so it’s great he gets an appearance in here. 

I was pleased too, especially as he's replaced later by Nigel Wolpert in the films. I guess it makes sense given his role (getting petrified) in CoS.

16 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

76389: I doubt it's a coincidence that most of the victims of the basilisk (minus Hermione and Mrs Norris) are included in the same set. So, I would assume Nick gets a new "petrified" facial expression. 

Well now I feel thick. :laugh: I was hoping it was a lost in communication thing and they meant "Poltergeist" instead of "House ghost", but of course you're right that he'd been petrified in CoS.  

16 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Also I'm going to take Ron's exclusion from the Great Hall set as proof LEGO is attempting to give us an equal number of Ron/Hermionies.

I went back and counted them recently out of curiosity (I couldn't sleep :shrug_oh_well:), and there are actually an equal number of Hermiones and Rons to appear in each year. 

14 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I love that we are getting more new students and Professor Sinistra, very welcome! But then also strange to not get Pomfrey instead due to the connection to all the petrified victims...

They literally included an Infirmary in a set without the Matron. I've sort of given up hope... :cry_sad:  It's especially odd as I don't think Sinistra even has a single line in the films. (Not sure she has any lines in the books, either, for that matter...) Does anyone know?

13 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

winged boar statue from CoS (maybe a grey version of the new pig piece). There's a rumour Justin Finch Fletchley is also in the set, which I really like as he's petrified victim (and he's in a few deleted scenes). Hope there's some cool stickers of the paintings around the staircases, like in the microscale Hogwarts.

Now I really want that boar. lol Justin was also in the duelling scene when Harry appears to set the snake on him, so that's a nice inclusion. I like your ideas for the staircases. Here's hoping...

How about Her-mine-y for the gold edition? 

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think there’s room for a Durmstrang Ship this year after all. For August, I would speculate that the $250 set is Gringotts/DA expansion (whatever that might entail). And I would hope the $120 set is a Battle of Hogwarts set

I agree that $250 will almost certainly be the Gringott’s / Diagon Alley expansion. But I am still sticking to my original prediction that the $120 set will be the Durmstrang ship. Maybe I will be proven wrong - but I seriously doubt that we will get another Hogwarts set this year in addition to the three new Hogwarts sets that are already “confirmed.”

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I agree that $250 will almost certainly be the Gringott’s / Diagon Alley expansion. But I am still sticking to my original prediction that the $120 set will be the Durmstrang ship. Maybe I will be proven wrong - but I seriously doubt that we will get another Hogwarts set this year in addition to the three new Hogwarts sets that are already “confirmed.”

I think $120 would be perfect for the Ship but I just would be so upset if we didn’t get a big Battle of Hogwarts set with the DH wave

5 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think $120 would be perfect for the Ship but I just would be so upset if we didn’t get a big Battle of Hogwarts set with the DH wave

Couldn't agree more. A $250 Gringotts and a $120 Battle of Hogwarts set would be perfect for the second event this year that deserves a celebration: the 10th anniversary of the big finale of the films series :laugh: So the August wave could also be anniversary-themed, but a different one :tongue:

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Maybe lego is afraid of a battle of Hogwarts specific set, cause it would feel like a bit like closure.

Its also an event that could well be spread out across multiple smaller sets.  For them to do the next big Hogwarts 'expansion' again 2022 with another pleasant "party" type theme.

13 minutes ago, deskp said:

Its also an event that could well be spread out across multiple smaller sets.

They could, but I don't want DH part 2 to completely outshine potential sets based on part 1 :tongue: To this day, DH part 1 is still the only film in the entire franchise that didn't have a single set dedicated to it. I think 2 large sets based on part 2, which features two major events (Gringotts break-in + Battle of Hogwarts), and 3 smaller sets based on part 1, which includes many different scenes (Battle of the 7 Potters, Bill and Fleur's wedding, Ministry of Magic "heist", Forrest of Dean, Skirmish at Malfoy Manor) would be fair :classic: Time to finally correct that mistake :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

They could, but I don't want DH part 2 to completely outshine potential sets based on part 1 :tongue: To this day, DH part 1 is still the only film in the entire franchise that didn't have a single set dedicated to it. I think 2 large sets based on part 2, which features two major events (Gringotts break-in + Battle of Hogwarts), and 3 smaller sets based on part 1, which includes many different scenes (Battle of the 7 Potters, Bill and Fleur's wedding, Ministry of Magic "heist", Forrest of Dean, Skirmish at Malfoy Manor) would be fair :classic: Time to finally correct that mistake :laugh:

I thought we weren't likely to get Battle of the Seven Potters 1) because of deaths (Hedwig and Moody) and 2) because it's seriously minifig intensive, and most of them are repetitive? (A 4 Privet Drive including Hagrid's bike instead of the Ford Anglia was most likely our best shot at that.) Along similar lines, which price point could you picture for the wedding and what should it contain for the money? (I'm betting if we get a tent, it'll be the tent from DH instead.) When I look at how the Friends sets have done a party tent, I'm not even sure I want them to go there at all, but I am holding out hope for Hermione's red dress from the wedding and a Bill minifig, at least as CMFs, and a Forest of Dean set.

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

Penelope-Clearwater-and-Percy-Weasley-ra

She's also in the Duelling Club scene, possibly others like the feast or corridor scenes - CoS isn't my favourite film of the series so haven't watched it as much :) 

47 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

It's especially odd as I don't think Sinistra even has a single line in the films. (Not sure she has any lines in the books, either, for that matter...) Does anyone know?

Nope, she doesn't speak in either book or film, much like Prof. Vector who I hope we may possibly get at some point now, as well as other mute staff in the films like Madam Prince and Grubbly-Plank. 

1 minute ago, krimimimi said:

[...] because of deaths (Hedwig and Moody) [...]

When has that ever stopped them? :laugh: 2001!Quirrell, 2002!Basilisk, 2011!Lupin and 2011!Goyle would like to have a word with you, and so does a majority of Star Wars villains :tongue:

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I hope your wrong. I think would be daft of Lego not to carry on the existing modulars. Parents aren't likey to encourage kids to start collecting doubles / similar too what they already have. But another modular that goes with the existing sets is a good Christmas / Birthday idea.

A question for those who follow Star Wars when Lego did the Anniversary sets were they basically releases of 20 year old sets?

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

$120 would be a great pricepoint for a Durmstrang ship but I really don't see LEGO skipping this chance to make a big set based on not just the climactic battle of this movie/book but the franchise itself. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Same feelings right here. That new Anniversary Hogwarts GH kinda seems that another big Hogwarts expansion featuring the final battle is a bit more unlikely now. Even though I still hope that we get some sort of Courtyard Battle with Death Eaters, knight statues and some teachers/aurors. I just would love to fill up my current Hogwarts display with good vs bad guys all around the place :tongue:

38 minutes ago, Seaber said:

She's also in the Duelling Club scene, possibly others like the feast or corridor scenes - CoS isn't my favourite film of the series so haven't watched it as much :) 

Good spot. In the scene where she's identified by name, she's got her back to the camera (and it's a wide shot). I was too young to see CoS in the cinema (I remember seeing the trailers when I went to see The Magic Roundabout and begging my mum to take me, but to no avail) so I've only ever seen it on VHS and later on a tiny little TV - so I've never been able to see what she looks like. That makes it tough to identify her in the background of other scenes! If her face is visible, it's definitely possible we'll see her in minifigure form one day. Especially since there's a dearth of named Ravenclaws, and she pairs well with Percy, who we also haven't had. Perhaps a Moments set next year?

27 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

A question for those who follow Star Wars when Lego did the Anniversary sets were they basically releases of 20 year old sets?

No, they were updated in terms of colour, pieces, techniques, often with a different figure line up. 

12 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Good spot. In the scene where she's identified by name, she's got her back to the camera (and it's a wide shot). I was too young to see CoS in the cinema (I remember seeing the trailers when I went to see The Magic Roundabout and begging my mum to take me, but to no avail) so I've only ever seen it on VHS and later on a tiny little TV - so I've never been able to see what she looks like. That makes it tough to identify her in the background of other scenes! If her face is visible, it's definitely possible we'll see her in minifigure form one day. Especially since there's a dearth of named Ravenclaws, and she pairs well with Percy, who we also haven't had. Perhaps a Moments set next year?

It would certainly be nice to get a Ravenclaw who isn't Cho or Luna. Ginny or Cho's hair piece would be fine for her and a reused fave too, it's not like she's mad looking character :D

Hi everyone, i'm new here!
Just a quick question. can we trust the list released by promobricks?

3 minutes ago, Nunomi said:

Hi everyone, i'm new here!
Just a quick question. can we trust the list released by promobricks?

Hi, welcome to Eurobricks!  Yes, it's a reliable source.  :sweet:

Count me in for Hogsmeade, I'll pass on the rest unless I win the Daily Prophet Grand Galleon Draw.

Edited by RogueTwo