Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Some additional thoughts on the minifigs:

• 76386: Since the trio is getting unique face prints for this set anyway, I hope the non-polyjuiced ones feature new expressions as well :classic: Hermione's might be a bit tricky though. The cat print has to be on a flesh head, which means the "neck" is still flesh-colored. Not sure how to solve that one, apart from including two swappable heads :tongue:
  • 76388: They probably have to use a new face print for Dean since the old one from the CMF can't be repurposed and I don't think there's another face print around that would suit him. 
  • 76389: I doubt it's a coincidence that most of the victims of the basilisk (minus Hermione and Mrs Norris) are included in the same set. So, I would assume Nick gets a new "petrified" facial expression. Also, young Ginny deserves an exclusive print, the sad face from DA won't cut it for the context of this set :laugh:
Edited by Lego-Freak

25 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

I guess time will tell... what I mean is that there are very few minifigures outside of the comic-con exclusives that end up reaching any significant prices and that with modern set distribution numbers these aren’t ever as ‘exclusive’ as we’d like to think. But hey, we can all keep them in a safe for 50 years and we may be happily surprised!

Honestly, if goats can go for 40+$ on bricklink anything is possible.

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

I’m a bit bummed Hogsmeade is only $80. Honestly I don’t know how you can have two display buildings for $40 each. I mean Privet Drive alone I feel is the minimum for one building and that alone is $70. I’m worried Hogsmeade is going to look like more a cheap playset 

Privet drive had two floors, was somewhat deep and had the ford Anglia. The Hogsmade buildings could just be one floor each with a plate-built ceiling (instead of the slopes of Privet Drive) and perhaps not as deep. That could still provide some nice facades to display and a bit of space on the inside for details such as a counter and tables. But only time will tell.

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

76389: I doubt it's a coincidence that most of the victims of the basilisk (minus Hermione and Mrs Norris) are included in the same set. So, I would assume Nick gets a new "petrified" facial expression. Also, young Ginny deserves an exclusive print, the sad face from DA won't cut it for the context of this set :laugh:

Afaik Nick is a reuse.

Size of hogsmeade context, size and detail shouldnt be an issue.

2018 great hall is 878 pieces

hogsmeade is 851 pieces

Wow! Did not expect this particular lineup for the June wave, but I’m excited! A little worried about the big Hogwarts set being less detailed than what we’re used to, but I’ll reserve major judgment until we get images of the sets in a few months...which feels so far away :wacko: I will say though that what we’ve heard about it might entice me more than the 2018 Great Hall, which I’ve held off buying and may never end up buying after all if this new set ends up being as cool as it sounds :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Except it would make the green roof pieces in the Astronomy Tower make a bit more sense. Still Promobricks suggests this new Castle set is not to be joined with the old one so ... :shrug_confused:

Eh I don't know about that.The AT is 90% grey and 10% green when it comes to the rooftop.A full on green rooftop will stick out as a sore thumb when put next to the other expansions. 

Edited by LOTR34

The new great hall being "less detailed"  to me sound more like, it is scaled down.   in order for the "base"/chamber to take up larger space underneath.

guessing that its mostly a display piece from the fornt, showing the larger rock with the castle and tower smaller on top.

I am not a fan of the  regressions...    roofs turning back to green.    school uniforms getting the shields on them. Not right for the films.

Just a few days ago I caved and ordered 3/4 moments sets and the GWP, kind of wish I hadn't now that we're hearing about all of this. 

Im very excited for this new wave, Hogwarts is my favorite part of this line so it will be nice to get so many sets based on it. I'm also actually looking forward to getting a remake of the Great hall because while the 2010 version had nice colors and nice details the overall shape is noticeably wrong and the staircase tower is missing the smaller turrets (now if only we could get a remake of the Horntail). Also I'm going to take Ron's exclusion from the Great Hall set as proof LEGO is attempting to give us an equal number of Ron/Hermionies.

I do however hope that the nostalgic additions we are seeing this year like sand green roofs and Hogwarts crest torsos (which I assume will be reused for these sets giving us a Hufflepuff version with JF-F) will be confined to these anniversary sets and not impact the August wave and  future waves. 

I wonder how many straight up repeat minifigures will be included in the anniversary wave.  It sounds like Advent Calendar Harry and Nearly Headless Nick at least will be unchanged repeats, and I'm assuming that Harry and Tom Riddle from the Castle could also be repeats.  Everything else is either new or has decent potential to be new in some way.

I'm all for a Great Hall that is focused more on the Chamber of Secrets beneath than the actual Hall itself.    

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Justin Finch-Fletchly

At last! Now all I need is Ernie (and a cheeky Fay Dunbar please, Lego)

40 minutes ago, karrit said:

So is North America actually going to get these sets in June along with the rest of the world or are we going to have to wait until August again like last year.  Lucky for me there are no new Ideas sets coming that I want other than the Globe, so more $ available for all the Harry Potter sets.  I was just imagining the Girl's bathroom set yesterday that was mentioned in the formerly debunked spoof article and now we are actually getting it.  Looking forward to seeing how they build the sink system.  I can't wait to see actual pictures of all these sets but I'll definitely be buying them all. I hope we are actually getting Crabbe & Goyle hair pieces instead of Harry & Ron hair again unless they give us both.

There should be at least one more figure in the Advent Calendar since they only listed 5.  Of course it might be a Chess piece.  It would be awesome if they somehow had Ron riding on the Knight's Horse like in the movie.

Zavvi is your friend if you’re in NA and you want them early. Many of us in NA including myself got the sets in June and with very cheap shipping. 

42 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

76389: I doubt it's a coincidence that most of the victims of the basilisk (minus Hermione and Mrs Norris) are included in the same set.

Unless I've missed something, it's too soon to say for sure that Mrs Norris won't be included. She'd just be a cat, so I wouldn't have thought she'd be listed among the minifigures

3 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Unless I've missed something, it's too soon to say for sure that Mrs Norris won't be included. She'd just be a cat, so I wouldn't have thought she'd be listed among the minifigures

Good point. Though I'm not sure they'd include her in a set without Filch, even if they did the opposite in 2018 :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Afaik she's not included. But never say never!

57 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Some additional thoughts on the minifigs:

• 76386: Since the trio is getting unique face prints for this set anyway, I hope the non-polyjuiced ones feature new expressions as well :classic: Hermione's might be a bit tricky though. The cat print has to be on a flesh head, which means the "neck" is still flesh-colored. Not sure how to solve that one, apart from including two swappable heads :tongue:

Cough Molded head cough

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Got an extra bit of info for you guys: the unnamed teacher and student in the big Hogwarts set are professor Sinestra and Justin Finch-Fletchly :wink:

That has made my day. I really wanted professor Sinestra and when the leak said that another teacher would be included. I thought, this has to be a teacher that not well known enough for promo bricks to know who it was straight away. I am so pleased that it is Sinestra. Currently, the minifigures are selling this wave for me. It reminds me of the old waves, where they would put in random, some what relevant figures. 

I have been asking for a forbidden corridor set for a long time. FINALLY!!!!! This is so exciting. I hope we later will get other parts to connect to this. Often brick built figures look really thin, so I hope they bulk Fluffy up ( especially in the legs)

Originally when I heard the news about the great all remake I was very disappointed. I really didn't want remakes of sets this early and this expensive. I was fine with the green in the astronomy because I thought it added a nice touch. But not the whole roof.  However I can't help not getting excited about this. The 2018 grand staircase tower was very disappointing. So I hope we get a proper one with actual important rooms. A couple of us were discussing how a chamber of secrets could fit in with the current wave last year. We realised that what they had currently wouldn't really work. So good on them for making a separate display piece for this. The minigifures could not be improved. They feel unique and new even though only a couple are actually exclusive. Sinastra, Lockheart and Dumbledore will all hopefully be exclusive variants.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This isn't based on any particular info but I have a feeling this is just for the anniversary wave: stackable modular sets with green roofs to mimick the old ones. I think in August they'll go back to normal. 

Agreed 100%. I think the other five will be deathly hallows and we will still get the bell towers that can connect to the main modular group. There will all be based on DH and that will be the DH wave. If it wasn't for this, I would be a lot more disappointed about the current wave.

Edited by Tommy269

46 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Eh I don't know about that.The AT is 90% grey and 10% green when it comes to the rooftop.A full on green rooftop will stick out as a sore thumb when put next to the other expansions. 

I'm not saying I like the choice aesthetically just that if Lego knew that this set was coming then using some green roof pieces last year may have been their method of transitioning between the 2018-2019 castle sections and this new castle set, so that those of us who own the 'older' sections can combine them with the Astronomy Tower and yet the Astronomy Tower could also be combined with the newer set. They were meant to be retiring the Great Hall and Whomping Willow after all.

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Cough Molded head cough

*oh2*

6 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

That has made my day. I really wanted professor Sinestra and when the leak said that another teacher would be included. I thought, this has to be a teacher that not well known enough for promo bricks to know who it was straight away. I am so pleased that it is Sinestra. Currently, the minifigures are selling this wave for me. It reminds me of the old waves, where they would put in random, some what relevant figures. 

*crosses fingers they give her Maria Rambeau's head so there's finally a non-crazily expensive way to get that piece, but it's probably going to be Jannah's instead, grrr*

What is interesting is that the 30€ set (76395) is also supposed to release in June - I guess this means that it's not a DH set?

I'm getting kind of worried as 4 sets (with half of them being 100€+) for those movies seems a bit low.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What is interesting is that the 30€ set (76395) is also supposed to release in June - I guess this means that it's not a DH set?

I'm getting kind of worried as 4 sets (with half of them being 100€+) for those movies seems a bit low.

I'm fairly certain 76395 doesn't release in june.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm fairly certain 76395 doesn't release in june.

Well that's what Promobricks says, but I guess you could be right. Guess we'll see.

I’m quite surprised and have mixed feelings over these. I wish the Chamber of Secrets was another part of the castle like the library instead of the Hall again, both it and the chamber are going to be a bit thin in detail I fear. I assume the staircase tower includes the chamber sink entrance, hopefully with a slide!

I love that we are getting more new students and Professor Sinistra, very welcome! But then also strange to not get Pomfrey instead due to the connection to all the petrified victims...

I also would happily pay much more for the bathroom and Hogsmeade sets: no Slytherin Common room! 

Fluffy’s construction sounds literally perfect! I guess we will get the winged keys etc another year? 
The AC is a big gear-change to our expectations, but i’m wondering if the ‘Dudley’ in pyjamas is acutely Neville? That would make more sense to combine it with the other sets...

Cant wait to hear what the winter wave is going to include!